• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 27, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 10:07 PM PST

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Bed of Chaos

    Being Gravelorded in Anor Londo? Died to Bed Of Chaos for the 100th time? Checked your phone for a second, only to run off a cliff and lose your bloodstain?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    What’s common between Dark Souls and Sex?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 04:09 PM PST

    Play with me! The best joke gets an award :) I will start:

    "Blind run is the most fun and memorable"

    EDIT 1: OMG, I was out for a couple of hrs and it blew up with 100 comments! I will go through them now to have a good laugh and pick an award-winning joke or two, thanks for playing with me! :)

    EDIT 2: Ok, I went through all the 173 comments so far, guys you are amazing, it's been really fun. As promised, awarding a joke I found the best (subjectively).

    Wholesome seal of approval goes to u/Deunish for a very clever and Dark Souls themed joke: "If your opponent isn't wearing any clothes, you know he's done this before" — those naked one bro mad lads clearly know how to satisfy a boss with a basic poker through sheer virtue of technique!

    Lets keep playing!

    submitted by /u/mortals_be_kind
    [link] [comments]

    Wife’s Reaction to Dark Souls.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 09:55 AM PST

    I've been playing Dark Souls and BloodBorne for the last 3 years or so, so I'm still pretty new to the series. But I absolutely love it. Normally, when I'm gaming, my wife will sit on the couch with me and watch a movie or one of her shows on the laptop. It's a good dynamic. I get game time, and she gets caught up on shows she knows I'm not a fan of. She's never really watched me play before, but she knows that these games are hard from me occasionally growling in frustration or setting the controller down to go blow off some steam. So, yesterday, I was playing DS3. I've never played it until this moment, so it's a brand new experience for me. Last night, she wanted to know what the big deal was, and watched me fight the Abyss Watchers. And watched me get absolutely wrecked by the second Watcher. "What the fuck was that?? Why were there two of them?" "That's called a gank, dear." "That's fucked up". Eventually I get through and down the boss. I think. And then the second phase starts. "But he's dead!" "Looks like he has a second phase" "A second what? You were winning him! Why is he back?!" "That's just how this fight is gonna go." "That's some straight bull shit". I kill the boss on my 6th try and shoot her a smile, thinking she'll be impressed. Instead she shakes her head and says; "Good job, but this game is some fucking bullshit. What? Is going to have a third phase where he gets a bazooka? Some straight bull shit."

    I don't think she'll be down to try this game any time soon.

    submitted by /u/primalbard
    [link] [comments]

    Finally grossly incandescent

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 03:31 AM PST

    After a little over a month and 105 hours played I have achieved the dark soul. Honestly one of the most rewarding moments of my life and definitely worth the effort. Only regret is having to kill Sif the good pupper a full 3 times.

    submitted by /u/Thunder1824
    [link] [comments]

    Should I get DS remastered?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 01:41 AM PST

    It's on sale now so I'm thinking of getting it, but I'm a very casual gamer who doesn't usually have a lot of time for gaming. I've heard this game is very hard and you have to die and retry a lot. That have put me off and I've stayed away from soul games. I tried Nioh but dying 200 times in a mission is not fun for me.

    That said I've heard nothing but the highest of praises for this game. Everyone that's played it thinks it's one of the best games ever. Just wondering if I should give it a try cuz I don't want miss out on it?

    Also should I get all 3 of them since they're all on sale now?

    submitted by /u/snkhuong
    [link] [comments]

    First SL1 Run COMPLETE !!! PRAISE THE SUN!

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 01:31 AM PST

    Just finished my first ever SL1 run in Dark Souls: Remastered for the Xbox One. Such an incredibly different way to look at the game, but still so much fun! Probably my favorite play-through besides my first ever. Only frustrating parts were O&S and 4 Kings, but I'm happy with my overall time of 10.5 hours. Most satisfying moment was landing 5 consecutive parries on ol' Gwyn to finish out the run. Anyone else have SL1 victories worth mentioning? LOVE THIS GAME!

    submitted by /u/Matthello145
    [link] [comments]

    Why is there dragon butts

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 02:57 PM PST

    Serious question why is there dragon butts in lost izalith. I was just tryna chill

    submitted by /u/supremeramenking
    [link] [comments]

    Cool Gift

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 01:54 PM PST

    My little brother has been a fan of the Souls series for a while and he got me into the games earlier this year and we practically played them all together, this year for Christmas he made me a sunlight medal with his 3D printer! https://imgur.com/a/YB44RCZ

    submitted by /u/bigfanguy
    [link] [comments]

    One of my favorite souls experiences

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 03:29 PM PST

    So, I remember way back when on my very first play through I was getting demolished like every new souls player.
    Now, I was stuck, bogged down at Seeth the scaleless, I would run in get smashed and try again with less morale than I had before.
    This I think was the closest I've ever come to going hollow.
    I was at my wits end, I was nearly broken...then I saw a summon sign, all japanese Kanji but a very familiar set of armor.
    I summoned him in a last ditch attempt to try and beat what (at the time) was the hardest boss I had faced.
    So after a moment he showed up full Ornstein armor even the spear, at this point I didn't even know you could get that armor.
    So we eneter the fog gate and the music hits.
    Suddenly this guy is on it, he's pounding on Seeth like he owed him money, every dodge was Iframe perfect every stab devestating it was like he was dancing around this guys attacks, mocking him with how utterly effortlessly he moved around what I thought were impossible to dodge attacks.
    I remember barely fighting not because I was lazy or afraid to enter the fray but because I was so floored with the level of skill displayed that I couldn't take my eyes off of this lightning infused human beyblade.

    Now up until that point I had co-oped with several randoms but I hadn't seen anyone playing like this, I'm almost 100% he took no damage.
    I swear to this day I may have encountered the real Ornstein this guy slayed dragons like it was his job.
    He didn't just carry me, he gently placed me in a baby Bjorn and delivered me to the finish line he might as well packed me a lunch and tussled my hair at the end.
    I was quite literally in awe and just like that it was over the boss that had been using my tiny body like a volley ball and launching me into the stratosphere was dead and with a respectful bow the man in the golden armor was gone.

    To put it into perspective It felt like the opening scene in Mega man X where you see just how strong Zero is and you think "I wanna be that guy. I want to be that f*cking cool."
    I don't know who you were random Ornstein cosplayer but everytime I reach the archives I think of you and beat Seeth without breaking a sweat.
    It was a random co-op for you but it was a motivation to push forward and keep on winning no matter how hard I got my ass kicked.

    I have other stories from Co-op but I was wondering have any of you guys done or had experences like this? I always see people complaing about how co-op is easy mode yet no one mentions all the really awesome moments you can have.

    submitted by /u/Roll_McFizzlebeef
    [link] [comments]

    It’s my first play through and I beat Ornstein and Smough on my 7th try. Holy shit I am pumped.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 11:50 PM PST

    I did it alone and a bit of a lark because I am awake and bored. Hot damn does this feel good.

    submitted by /u/Rhesus_1123
    [link] [comments]

    I don’t have anything interesting to say. Just happy I scrapped up the coin to get Dark Souls Remastered.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 09:43 PM PST

    Happy to finally find out what all the fuss is about. I played Nioh but wasn't impressed, I want to see what the OG has to offer me.

    The discussions on this sub are what really motivated to buy the game. The vast array of experiences and stories made me want to make my own. So thank you 🙏.

    submitted by /u/Eren_Jaeger_The_Goat
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have a spare Obsidian Greatsword and Lifehunt Scythe they can give me?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 04:28 AM PST

    Starting Dark Souls again and haven't used these weapons before, hoping I can start with them and do a play through with them.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/KiLLaInc
    [link] [comments]

    So my first playthrough but I'm unsure on where to go next

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 03:15 AM PST

    So I'll say what areas are available along with I'll say I've rung the first bell of awakening and I have access to sif , in terms of areas it's new Londo ruins tomb of giants the post pinwheel area and I have a skull lantern and blighttown available so what is the recommended path forward

    submitted by /u/ComposedMood
    [link] [comments]

    New to Dark Souls how important is armor in this game?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 08:09 PM PST

    Should I try to be as light as possible to always fast roll, or does good armor actually matter and I just focus on medium roll. I'm use to Bloodborne where fashion was the top priority so not sure about this game.

    submitted by /u/JimboIsLit
    [link] [comments]

    Whoever helped me kill Havel, thank you... and I’m sorry

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:58 AM PST

    Was playing DSR on my brother's Switch. Summoned someone in Undead Burg for fun, decided to take on Havel with him. We (mostly him) were backstabbing him to oblivion. He's one backstab away from death. And he pancakes me. I die as my noble helper finishes him off. Sadness.

    So, thanks for helping my kill Havel (he stayed dead when I respawned) and I'm sorry for dying like an idiot right at the last moment. I got greedy.

    PS Havel's ring is nowhere to be found, anyone know if I can get it? Or is it gone forever?

    EDIT: if you took the ring... I take back my thanks

    EDIT 2: have now learnt you couldn't have taken it, thanks restored

    submitted by /u/PvtLongDong
    [link] [comments]

    Im trying to get into the souls series and I just beat 3 is Dark souls remastered a good game to go to right after Dark souls 3?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 10:06 PM PST

    I just finished Dark Souls 3 and i absolutely love it and i really wan't to dive deeper into the series but ive heard some pretty positive and negative things about Ds2 but only positive things about ds1 is this a good game to transition after Dark souls 3?

    submitted by /u/hammyham302
    [link] [comments]

    Modern problems in Sen's Fortress

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 08:46 PM PST

    I've been trying to get through Sen's Fortress for the last three days. Keep falling off the walkways.

    Because I'm playing Remastered on a Switch.

    Which has developed controller drift.

    Which can make the Chosen Undead suddenly veer to the left, usually just as I start on one of the balance beams.

    This is the most painful experience of my dark souls career. I think I'm going hollow

    submitted by /u/tenspeedscarab
    [link] [comments]

    Montage

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 04:32 AM PST

    My buddy has been playing this game with me lately. Well, running me though, I should say, because I'm hot garbage lol. This is my tribute to him.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sREuGq3teM

    submitted by /u/Driftysilver
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else feel like Soul Brandt and Demon Brandt should’ve been integrated into the Dark Souls series?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 12:25 AM PST

    You do not have to agree. But after playing Demon Souls on PS3 and then replaying it on the PS5 i fell in love with the blades and their combo counterpart Northern Regalia. However, in the back of my head it felt as though it was a missed opportunity to not place them into the next games. Demon Brandt could have been a weapon forged by The Giant Blacksmith to fend off the demons of chaos. Im not entirely sure what role Soul Brandt could have played but I'm just spit balling. I feel like these could have played a minor role or at least enough of a role to nod to their first souls game. What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/MintMouse20
    [link] [comments]

    What's the strangest fact regarding your first play-though?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 03:38 AM PST

    Just beat the game (my very first FromSoft game!) yesterday in ~55.6 hours according to Steam.

    The weirdest part about it was definitely the fact that Moonlight Butterfly was the most difficult boss for me and probably took the most number of tries to beat.

    submitted by /u/RFTS999
    [link] [comments]

    Finally beat Dark Souls!

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 02:35 PM PST

    After starting and stopping this game about 8 times over 7 years, I finally beat Dark Souls! This time I went with a mostly DEX build with some pyromancy.

    I really liked the final boss though. For me, he was challenging yet fair. I never really learned to parry which I think is the way to go with him but oh well.

    I just feel stupidly happy after completing this damn game. Very very fun and I'm moving onto DS3 now since I just got it on sale. Good luck to everyone!

    submitted by /u/Roar714
    [link] [comments]

    I can't upgrade my weopons

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 03:11 AM PST

    So I accidentally started a fight with andre and killed him ,, now I can't upgrade my weopon ,, does anyone know where else I can upgrade them ?

    submitted by /u/bassem996
    [link] [comments]

    Now what to do?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 11:25 PM PST

    I killed the iron golem and gargoyle's took me to Anor Londo. But the problem is my weapons are +5/+6 and a fire Balder Sword. These aren't doing much damage to the Shield Knights and taking a while to kill. Is there any blacksmith around? And where I can farm large titanite shard?

    submitted by /u/FarhatMahi007
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat Knight Artorias for the first time!

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 10:26 AM PST

    I beat the game for the first time last week but I went in blind so I wasn't able to do the DLC. I'm on New Game+ now and finally getting around to it. Artorias probably took me about 30-40 tries. I'm soul level 87.

    That was a really cool boss. Probably my favorite character design I've seen in the game so far. Praise the sun :)

    submitted by /u/So_Forlorn
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment