• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 26, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 10:08 PM PST

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I FKNG DID IT!!! I killed Darklurker solo on melee without using any spells, projectiles or weapon consumables!

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 08:24 AM PST

    https://youtu.be/zHK6oLXG_6M

    So far in the series only felt the desperation three times: With the 2 Shark-Giants in the well, with Laurence and now with this mofo! As a Sorcerer this boss is almost a pushover and not that bad with pretty much any build EXCEPT for the pure melee strength builds where all hell breaks loose (metaphorically and literally)!!! It almost has no openings, feels like a broken battle. You also need to use a human effigy AND kill 4 strong NPCs every time you die if you want to fight again! SO ruthlessly frustrating! I died like 25 times, used all my effigies and had to farm. Killed it on my first try the next day though and I was ecstatic laughing like a monkey.

    So here's the lesson: Play with the build you enjoy the most no matter the circumstances. Some times you gonna have an easier time and sometimes you gonna face the devil. Keep it real and true to your style nevertheless.

    submitted by /u/Mistah-S
    [link] [comments]

    "I'm simply not there." How Dark Souls 2 helped me through my depression

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 11:59 PM PST

    Some people might know the quote, if you don't; it's a quote from a movie called American Psycho, a really great movie.

    Hi everyone, Marry Chrismas!

    I played Bloodborne and got the platinum, then did the same with DS3, it was fun and game were so great. October 2018 has came, my birthday month, I decided I need a new game to play and I bought DS2.

    I loved this game like I made 2 new characters just to help two friends of mine to get the platinum.

    Started the game, I like to call myself "Murky" on social media, some quote in the very start was containing "Murky" I felt wow! That's my sign of how great this game would be!

    Went there when you were just about to get to Majula, as a person who like to call himself Murky, he must really hates morning and the sun. I went there, till the Majula music played, it was like a heart warming touching in a really cold night. Everything was calm and quiet.

    I finally reached the most beautiful place in the entire series, The Lost Bastille! The moon, the sea, how it's quiet and there aren't a lot of enemies aswell.

    At November 2018, I broke up with my GF, everything made me feel hollow. I used to listen to Majula theme, and the main menu theme all the time. Till year has finished. Then I decided I really have to change my life.

    Before 2018 ends, I was a really home guy, doesn't have a lot of friends and doesn't know that there are a big whole world is out there, I was like a player walking by Belfry Luna, all alone! So when my relationship ended, I felt powerless and a hollow.

    2019 started and since then, I made a self plan to recover myself from depression.

    I graduated two weeks ago from college, I know a lot of friends now and I go with them to grab a cup of coffee regularly, I go to the gym 3-5 days every week, I'm about to get a job and I have some cash I saved to buy a car and I'll buy one soon.

    I opened YouTube and was cleaning my favorites, saw "Dark Souls II - Majula - Extended " and I entered, found a comment of mine was before some time ago, so I thought I should come here and share with all of you my experience!

    How my life was like I simply not there, like living in a nighty castle where nobody but me, to the real world where people and sun exist, what a wonderful feeling!

    Life is so beautiful.

    Not sure if anybody reeding, but really really thanks! Wear a mask and please be alright!

    submitted by /u/Temny
    [link] [comments]

    I made mirror knight doll, so I can celebrate this holiday with him

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 10:42 AM PST

    Remember me from the LGK's supportive mother? Now I can take him everywhere <3 my cute little mirror boi <3 I don't have any light gray color with me, so he's brighter than I expected. Also all clothes I have are feminine dresses except for this kindergarten uniform. He looks like a kindergartner who's missing his dad Vendrick and wants to go home badly QQ. This new year gonna be better for me if I have little him side by side!! <3 <3

    submitted by /u/Mukiisanma
    [link] [comments]

    Is it just me, or is this game really, really weird? (SotFS) (Spoilers? not sure)

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 12:22 PM PST

    Hi all,

    I bought SotFS a few days ago in the Steam Winter Sale, and I'm extremely conflicted about how I feel. On one hand, this game is pretty fun. On the other hand, it's SO BAD. It's odd, I'm not angry about the various stupid things they did, and typically whenever I die I'm laughing, which is unusual. But it feels like this game is really poorly balanced compared to DS3, and even most of DS1. I'm going in fairly blind, and am currently on the Ruined Sentinels fight. I've played through and beaten all of DS1 and DS3, including the DLC. But I am absolutely dumbfounded as to how this game was even made the way it was. I'm saying this before having beat the game, but I'm really and truly wondering if it gets better? Because there's some very glaring flaws that have been extremely consistent through the game so far. I don't mean to be overly negative, but I'm simply shocked that the game was allowed to go through in its current state.

    I think the #1 thing that absolutely ruins this game is the sheer volume of enemies. WHY ARE THERE SO MANY. It feels incredibly unnecessary and can be really frustrating at times. I accidentally went to Heidi's Tower of Flame before going through the Giant's Forest, so I got to No-Man's Wharf as my second area. And it feels like every single corner you turn there, there's two or three more enemies to fight. This would be a passable issue if it was mostly isolated, but the sheer number of gank fights takes the other flaws with the game and brings them full force into your view.

    The healing system is very different, and I'm sure that I wouldn't mind it if it didn't take so damn long. It's almost impossible to get in a heal anywhere because no matter where you go, there's always another enemy looking to kill you, meaning that you die in a lot of really stupid ways. On top of all that, it feels incredibly clunky. Then there's the thing where you lose max health when you die. Why is this a thing???? I feel like it's just a feature included to introduce some extra artificial difficulty, and I just do not understand why they included it. Again, this is extra annoying because of how awful the healing system is when it comes to massive gank fights. Unless you're speeding through the area (or possibly over-leveled), you're almost certainly gonna get trapped in a group of enemies and just get stunlocked. Then the whole system is completely undermined by the fact that Human Effigies feel very common, and I can typically be around max health without much worry over whether or not I'm going to be able to get my effigies back in time for the next boss.

    The fights in this game also feel really bad. The best way to defeat enemies is to isolate them and then just stunlock them because their poise, for whatever reason, is consistently terrible. If you want to try to dodge their attacks, that's a no-go because the hitboxes are extremely janky and bad, meaning that even if you roll through an attack, you might get hit. The boss fights are also really, really easy. They took me a few attempts each, but that's mostly because they're all so slow and end up being really repetitive. Boss attacks, you attack twice, boss attacks, you attack twice, and hey presto you've won. And the bosses that weren't easy for me (Pursuer, Dragonrider) can be cheesed with ease, sometimes by accident. I fought the Dragonrider first, and it ended up falling off all on its own.

    But the thing is, I have a really hard time calling this game bad. Does it feel really bad to play? Yes. Was the new healing system a swing and a miss? For me yes, but at least they took that swing and learned from the miss in DS3. Are the fights awful? Yeah, consistently. They're either ganky, janky, or the enemy is a total idiot. But is this game bad? I just can't bring myself to call it so. Is this just me? Does the game end up getting better? I'm probably (probably) going to finish this game all the way through, but I'm genuinely curious about whether or not there's anything to look forward to. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/HairClippingJesus
    [link] [comments]

    Finally

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 05:01 PM PST

    So i finally did it!

    4 platinum trophies on ps3/4.

    DS DS1 DS2 DS3

    It was a pain!

    Enjoy skeleton!

    submitted by /u/oXionAsiT
    [link] [comments]

    Man this is depressing

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 01:10 PM PST

    Finally got Plus after a year of putting it off. Felt like doing some PvP at Iron Bridge outta nostalgia and the place is barren

    submitted by /u/PunishedSpider
    [link] [comments]

    The story of my NG++ offline restriction run as an all-summoning sorceress

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:01 AM PST

    Background

    You can read about my restrictions and NG run here, about obtaining every item I could before NG+ here and about my NG+ run here.

    Introduction

    First off, let me start by saying that I have never used any magic other than pyromancy, never leveled INT, FTH or ATN before and that I had a blast this playthrough. I could never imagine how a change in build and summoning NPCs to a fight can flatten the difficulty of the whole game. I had little to do, other than sit in a corner, shoot magic at the boss and occasionally heal whenever it remembered that I was there. Almost all boss fights were trivialized, and it was very satisfactory to defeat them all, using minimum effort, after all the pain and time it took in besting them.

    The Build

    I used all the types of spells available and for casting all of them I used a magic infused +5 Staff of Wisdom, a dark infused Sunset Staff +5, a lightning infused Dragon Chime +5, a dark infused Caitha's Chime +5 and a Pyromancy Flame +10. I usually wore the Iron King's crown, the +2 Clear Bluestone Ring. For the rest of the outfit, I wore different sorceress sets after about 1 or 2 areas to diversify the look of my character. I started with wearing the White Hollow Mage Robe.

    The Spells

    • The Sorceries
      • Definitely the best category of spells. Great variety, great casting speed, general usefulness and ability to improve the quality of life are the main reason why.
    • The Miracles
      • Definitely a good category of spells. Most of them are useful and the casting speed is good most of the time.
    • The Hexes
      • Definitely a not that great category of spells. The casting time is great but the usefulness of most of these spells is close to none. Most of them are flashy and more of a fizz than a bang. Also the cost of souls of every cast of some of these spells makes using them quite discouraging.
    • The Pyromancies
      • Definitely the worst of all. Low number of uses per spell, slow casting speed and the fireballs travel slowly in an arced trajectory.

    The Enemies

    Most of them were easy enough to beat but there were others that proved surprisingly hard to defeat due to their high resistances to all spell types, unalike a melee playthrough where I wouldn't be bothered by those enemies as much. I am mainly referring to the Desert Sorceress, the Lion Clan Warrior, the Leydia Witch, the Dragon Acolyte, the Enhanced Undead, the Sanctum Priestess, the Possessed Armor, the Fume Sorcerer, the Retainer and the Facsimile Giant.

    The Bosses

    As I previously stated, most of the bosses were easily defeated, with the exception of bosses that have no summon signs before them that took a little longer to get through. These bosses are the Covetous Demon, the Royal Rat Authority, the Royal Rat Vanguard, Vendrick and the Darklurker.

    Moreover, I had slight difficulties with some of the boss' area. I had to expand the Dragonrider's because Masterless Glencour would keep falling off and I had to take great care in the Old Iron King's because I kept falling off.

    One miniboss fight proved harder to overcome than any regular boss fight. The Twin Pursuers fight was the greatest challenge in this run, as defeating both pursuers took most tries out of all. Once again, I started by laying Lingering Flames at the entrance of the crammed throne room, hoping to bait them to hover closer to them unshielded, after which I would throw all the lightning spears I had at them.

    The summons

    Definitely the best part of the whole playthrough. Although I gained less souls in each boss fight, it categorically was worth every one of them. Seeing the NPC's cheer made for a less lonely experience, as I had only played this game in offline.

    For every boss fight I would summon the maximum number of NPC's I could, which sometimes meant clearing the whole path from their summon signs to the bosses gate. The only exceptions where I didn't summon any or as many NPC's were for the Pursuer as I fought it on the rooftop near the Cardinal Tower bonfire and I considered Ruined Aflis more useful in lighting the way to the Soldier's Rest bonfire and the Dragonrider and Old Dragonslayer boss fights as Devotee Scarlett can only be summoned after she has already been against Mytha, the Baneful Queen or Velstadt, the Royal Aegis, which does not make much sense. I summoned her alone for the Old Dragonslayer fight and Masterless Glencour for the Dragonrider fight.

    Other notable efforts I had to undergo were, of course, for fighting the Blue Smelter Demon and Sir Alonne. I had to despawn most enemies on the path to the boss gate so that the summons would reach it with most of their HP intact. Now imagine my surprise when neither Steel-willed Lorrie or Drifter Swordsman Aidel would come through the gated path to the Blue Smelter Demon and would make a run through the hole path, ridden with enemies.

    Some NPC's had proven to be of almost no help in defeating some bosses. In the fight against the Ancient Dragon, they would quickly die, mostly from an aerial attack, and in the fight against Afflicted Graverobber, Ancient Soldier Varg, Cerah the Old Explorer both summons would die after I would take out Cerah the Old Explorer.

    For the Throne Defender and Throne Watcher, the Nashandra and the Aldia, Scholar of the First Sin I chose to summon Pilgrim Bellclaire from the Dragonriders boss gate, Bashful Ray from the room with the two torch-wielding golems all the way down to the Throne of Want where I also summoned Bradley of the Old Guard.

    The boss fight and journey to the boss gate that I enjoyed the most is definitely the one up to and against Lud & Zallen, the King's Pets. It was so much fun to trek through the Frigid Outskirts, face the blizzard and its chilling adversities, sneak past the red phantoms and make it all the way to the boss gate. Even fighting Lud & Zallen turned out to be fun. Not being the sole target of their blows, not having to constantly dodge both of their attacks and hope for an occasion to strike made a less stressful fight and a much easier challenge than ever before. Another fight that I really enjoyed and was equally challenging and fun as the one against Lud & Zallen was the Burnt Ivory King boss fight, where bringing both Loyce Knights and summons really felt like bringing a whole army to defeat the forces of the Old Chaos.

    Rare Items obtained

    I got the Monastery Longshirt from the Painting Guardian Phantom.

    I finally got the Black Witch Domino Mask from the Dual Avelyn Bell Keeper.

    I bought the items that are only available to buy from Chancellor Wellager in NG++, these being the Crescent Sickle, the Curved Twinblade, the Spirit Tree Shield, the Bountiful Sunlight spell, the Wrath of the Gods spell and the Great Chaos Fireball spell.

    Leveling up in NG++

    I got from 75 ATN, 64 INT and FTH, 50 VGR, 31 END, 30 VIT and 6 STR, DEX, ADP to 75 ATN, 65 INT and FTH, 50 VGR and END, 39 VIT and 6 STR, DEX, ADP. So in this playthrough I only gained 30 levels.

    Plans for the future

    I plan to get the rest of the items available in the game. This means I will have to get

    • Targray's Set and the Blue Knight's Halberd
    • The Nahr Alma Set and the Scythe of Nahr Alma
    • The Old Mirrah Greatsword
    • The Lion Warrior Helm and the Red Lion Warrior Cape
    • The Monastery Set
      • I already have the Monastery Scimitar and the Monastery Longshirt
    • The Illusory Ring of the Exalted and the Illusory Ring of a Conqueror

    I do not plan on getting either the Lingering Dragoncrest Ring +2 or the Ring of Thorns +2 as I am playing only in offline.

    submitted by /u/Sebastian620
    [link] [comments]

    Messages blocking illusory walls?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 08:18 AM PST

    People keep putting messages to note of illusory walls. With messages a few few away from walls, I have no issue unveiling the secret. But messages placed directly in front prevent me from interacting. How can I turn off messages while in-game? I want to try interacting with walls once I disable the messages. I highly doubt that all these times nothing happened, it was because I was being tricked. I think the messages are genuinely causing a blockage.

    submitted by /u/Lol_u_ded
    [link] [comments]

    Steam version of Scholar of the First Sin not accepting any Controller. Help

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 11:21 AM PST

    I've been trying to get a controller to work before, I had played a bit of Scholar on Steam and it had native support a few years ago. This year however, has not been accepting anything, I've tried community controller configs and other things but nothing works right and trying to bind and map controls is a pain especially when its things like Shift+L Mouse. I currently only have access to a Switch pro controller, is there an easy fix or a template on Steam's Big Picture mode that can work?

    submitted by /u/gemstonejester
    [link] [comments]

    My progress in percentage

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 11:21 AM PST

    Hey guys I started playing dark souls 2 as my first souls game a few days ago and I'm really enjoying it. But when I read comments about playtime , people usually say that they finished the game in 80-100 hours. Is it really that long? I'm 20 hours into game and the bosses I've beaten so far are:The pursuer-last giant-chariot-belfry gargoyles-dragonrider-old Dragon slayer-ruin sentinel-coveteous demon- mytha the baneful queen-skeleton lords-flexile sentry and lost sinner. And I mostly completed these areas too. My question is how much progress have i made in percentage. Is it really about %20 or is it more? Please answer without any spoilers

    submitted by /u/DerthertDeyMeroc
    [link] [comments]

    Hey, could anyone help me with Smelter Demon at Iron Keep?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 01:05 PM PST

    I'm at 636k Soul Memory on Xbox One and I'm just looking for a fun co-op experience or maybe even a sunlight medal along with it lol

    submitted by /u/extremegun14
    [link] [comments]

    It is a sad day after a couple months.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 02:15 PM PST

    At the beginning of June I got a PS4, and decided to play DS3. I instantly fell in love with the game after dying so many times to Iudex Gundyr and decide to push on. Today after several on and off months due to school, I have beaten DS1,DS2,DS3 and Bloodborne. My main goal was too kill all bosses in each game and just now, having beaten Aldia, I have achieved my goal. My secondary goal was too use no summons, which I failed, summoning twice, once fore defiled watchdog in BB and to get thru the frigid Outskirts in DS2.

    My favorite Boss was: Orphan Of Kos My least favorite was: Royal Rat Authority Boss I died most to: Abyss Watchers or Pontiff Sulyvahn Favorite area: Majula or Fishing Hamlet Lest favorite area: Shrine of amana, or frigid outskirts Favorite to least favorite game: BB, DS2, DS3, DS2 What weapon I used DS1: Claymore DS2: Ricard's Rapier DS3: Profaned Greatsword/longsword BB: Saw Cleaver

    In the end, these soulsborne games have been some of the funnest, most rewarding gaming experiences I have ever had and each games respective community have been so open and helpful. Thank you truly dark souls for everything!

    submitted by /u/shadows67-
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls 2 on steam is 9.99 and dark souls 2 scohlar of the first sin on steam is 9.99, do I have to buy dark souls 2 then SotFS or just SotFS and ill have the full game including the dlc

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 06:23 AM PST

    the deals are too good, i cant pass them up!

    EDIT: A friend got me SotFS, thanks guys! cant wait to quit the game for a few months then come back and then do it again, just like i did on ds1 :)

    submitted by /u/Phenoix2
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve beaten all of From’s other games. Why am I having such a hard time with SOTFS?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 12:37 PM PST

    This beginning is brutal. I'm at the 2nd bonfire of Forest of Fallen Giants and this game is kicking my ass. It doesn't help that the game punishes you for dying with the health drop, and you start with 2 Estus Flasks.

    And then even when I do manage to take enemies out one by one, I get to some bullshit turtle shelled enemy that kills me by falling on his back before I even attack. This game feels like it's trying to play into the idea of being difficult but not doing it nearly as gracefully as From's other games. And it's throwing way more mobs at you that make progressing carefully difficult.

    WTF am I doing wrong? Should I just be farming souls at the first bonfire and pumping up my stats? Playing Dex build for what it's worth.

    submitted by /u/Chalupaca_Bruh
    [link] [comments]

    How much should I level vitality and adaptability?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 12:21 PM PST

    I started as a knight and I'm going for a high str build

    submitted by /u/Brickybob
    [link] [comments]

    No summons, co-op, pvp?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 12:06 PM PST

    I bought this game a few days ago. I'm enjoying it as I enjoyed DS3, but save for two fluke PvP invasions, I haven't had a single player interaction.

    No summon signs. No Blue Sentinel occurs, even with the ring on. I don't even get NPC summons near boss fights, even in human form. Come to think of it, I never even get invaded.

    Am I doing something wrong? Is coop dead?

    submitted by /u/FF_Ninja
    [link] [comments]

    I want to become a melee guy but im a hexer :(

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 12:04 PM PST

    How can i transform my mage/hexer build into a melee build, my stats are these:

    Soul Level 126

    VGR 22

    FRT 14

    VIT 6

    CON(Knowledge) 20

    STR 12

    DEX 11

    RES 18

    INT 51

    FTH 27

    My first time playing this i was a melee and had 100hrs in that save but my PS4 got corrupted and i lost it and i didnt had PS Plus, i just wnat to go bacj slaying those hollows with nothing but pure strenght

    submitted by /u/DreingonMagala
    [link] [comments]

    No-Man's Wharf big visual bug - textures missing !

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 10:44 AM PST

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns2hy5MOH3w

    Just recorded this on my ps4 slim, thought it looked trippy as hell !

    It went back to normal after teleporting and reloading the area.

    submitted by /u/Cosmos3000
    [link] [comments]

    i dont see in any wiki, but here is a precious information

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 06:04 AM PST

    u can get 3 sunlight medal, if u are helped by 3 sunlight bros

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oH5Bg_wLYk

    this make this farm a lot fast, cause u only need kill 10 boss with this 3 guys

    submitted by /u/centralrip
    [link] [comments]

    Complete DLC in NG or NG+?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 05:14 AM PST

    I just beat the final boss of DS2 (which, with help of 3 NPCs, was incredibly easy!) but haven't completed all the dreams and various other optional levels and bosses. Should I stay in NG and finish those there, or move on to NG+?

    submitted by /u/Poecilia_reticulata
    [link] [comments]

    Undead crypt boss fight on PS

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 08:23 AM PST

    Is there any who can give me a hand? I'm sitting at the undead crypt entrance. Shortcut to the boss is prepared already

    submitted by /u/schwabylon
    [link] [comments]

    Does it get better?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:42 AM PST

    I recently picked up SotFS, and I was enjoying the game quite a bit. Then I played through harvest valley, earthen peak, grave of saints, the gutter, black gulch, and started the shaded woods. IMO , these areas have all been pretty terrible. I'm wondering if I should keep going or if the game just isn't for me? The first 10 hours of the game felt challenging and fair, whereas the areas I listed feel like they exist to "gotcha," if that makes sense. Like they would rather kill you than challenge you. Shaded woods especially is testing my patience.

    Should I go on, or pack it in?

    submitted by /u/SanicTheSledgehog
    [link] [comments]

    Jolly cooperation

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:28 AM PST

    If anyone on Xbox one wants to do coop on any part of the game I would love to help out! Drop a comment!

    submitted by /u/Far_Schedule1262
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment