• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 19, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 10:08 PM PST

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Many areas in Dark souls 2 look like they could be the cover of a Power Metal band Album and as a huge metal fan I love this

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 05:21 AM PST

    I don't know how many metal heads there are in the Dark souls 2 fanbase but I love that so many areas in Dark souls 2 look like they fit perfectly with a power metal band or even a Heavy metal band. That honestly makes the areas in this game amazing just the fact of how awesome they look

    submitted by /u/HylianXbox
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 deserves the Demon's Souls treatment...

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 09:35 AM PST

    Having recently beat the Demon's Souls remake already, I'm left thinking a certain divisive Soulsborne game could benefit from a remake on nextgen hardware. Ds2 is most definitely not perfect and in the same way the remake of Demon's Souls is introducing people to the beginning of Soulsborne, a remake of Ds2 could address the problems people had with it while giving fans an updated version of what was a decent game that got off on the wrong foot. One could argue the remake of Demon's Souls had a purpose given the original was stuck on the Ps3 with no way to play it on nextgen consoles until now while Ds2 could be played in it's original form on the ps5 and xbox series x. One could ask why remake it all if you can just play the original on the current consoles? Well why play the Final Fantasy 7 remake if the game has been ported? Why play the Resident Evil 2 remake if you can just play the original ported to current consoles? Because remakes aren't just for preservation. They can help creators interpret things in a new way and even add things that were missing from the original. A remake of Ds2 isn't just wishful thinking. I'm going as far to say that it's needed! A remake could give us a Ds2 that pleases fans of the original and gives naysayers an experience that negates much of the bad press the game got from the fanbase.

    submitted by /u/aldia-simp-fan
    [link] [comments]

    I died more times in memory of the old iron king than to sir alonne

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 07:12 PM PST

    I fucking hate that place but the boss was amazing.

    submitted by /u/supermarioplush220
    [link] [comments]

    I drew the pursuer

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 11:52 AM PST

    Secret OP: Playing a Caster in DLC

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 11:35 PM PST

    Hear me out, I know that casters are awful in the DLC. Everything resists my spell projectiles, sure, but that's what reinforced infused weapons and MLGS are for. What makes a caster hilarious in the DLC is that every time I get invaded, the invaders are absolutely not expecting their victim to swap from sword & shield to a staff and annihilate them with two Crystal Soul Spears. No one that's invaded me yet has had any magic resist at all, because no one plays casters in DLC except my dumb ass.

    submitted by /u/derek614
    [link] [comments]

    Tip for boss run to Sir Alonne

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 01:18 AM PST

    I just started fighting Sir Alonne (fun boss), and the boss run has really been pissing me off. But, after a few deaths, I've figured out a repeatable way to get to the mist gate. If you pull it off, you only have to kill one guy (maybe two).

    First salamander/enemy room, keep to the left. Whenever you run past an enemy, roll a moment later to dodge their impending attack/mess with their AI. This is usually the one part where I get hit, but it's only one hit.

    After running to the left, you'll reach the big wide opening to the center salamander. Aggro it sooner rather than later, and get to the electric sword guy. Roll past him, so that he partially blocks off all the enemies you've aggroed behind you. Then roll through the salamander's attack into the gap down to the next section.

    This is where you'll have to fight one guy. Run up to the end of the corridor, and all the enemies that followed you should de-aggro. However, one guy from the next section will attack you. Kill him at the end of the corridor.

    The rest is basically the same strategy. Get past the hole in the grating, and roll past the melee enemy you aggro. Kill him if he's too much of a pain to dodge. Keep left and avoid the archers, and eventually you should be able to get to the mist door with a little hp to spare.

    At this point, heal if you have to. The enemies won't follow you down the hole. You still might get shot at though, so be careful.

    tl;dr, keep left, roll, watch your stamina, fight one or two melee dudes in the grate section

    submitted by /u/Shadows4
    [link] [comments]

    Preparing for New Game +, I was really excited to see that Weaponsmith Ornifex sells unlimited Bonfire Ascetics!

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 09:17 AM PST

    But turns out they were actually Flame Butterflies and I'm silly and now have 40,000 souls worth of them.

    submitted by /u/themage201
    [link] [comments]

    Hey, is someone willing to drop me some bonfire ascetics

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 01:48 PM PST

    Sorry I just forgot how many I had and used my last one can someone drop me one so I can do the infinite bonfire ascetics thing at Aldia's keep?

    submitted by /u/christian-boi-123
    [link] [comments]

    Coming from Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne, I’m confused about stats.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 11:16 AM PST

    My playstyle is having lots of stamina and rolling and attacking alot, very aggressive, and if the game allows me, I parry. So with Dark Souls 2 the first thing I noticed is there is less I frames and it takes forever to use an estus flask, so I have been pouring my points into agility. Im still at the start of the game and having a rough time because my Vigor stat is at 4 and that weird system where if you die you have your health bar shaved down I have half that and I don't know how to restore it. I don't normally ever invest in my health points when I play these games, but for this game, is it built more for tank builds? Was is like the minimum health stats I can get away with to complete this game?

    submitted by /u/redditisfinebyme
    [link] [comments]

    I have officially found the worst part of dark souls 2. Grinding for loyce souls. (Spoilers maybe?)

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 02:05 AM PST

    Even with full itrm find gear and rusted coin, its like 1 out of 9 that drops a soul at best. On top of the pretty fucking terrible drop rate, is the difficulty of fighting three knights over and over again as your health regen items and esters start dissapearing and your weapons and rings start to break.

    Sure, you could kill three then warp back and go again but then youre looking at more time just running. Thats the next thing. Time. It takes so freaking long. Ive been at this for hours and have 11 souls to show for it. I have five sets of their armor and weapon, but only 11 souls. 1/5 of the way there. Whooo.

    I dont mind grinding for drops usually but even for me this is just fucking tedious. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/hafsies
    [link] [comments]

    Knights of Eleum Loyce

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 04:51 AM PST

    Screenshot Here

    I love this part of DS2, except the farming of Loyce Souls.

    submitted by /u/SkipperGarver
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to cheese ancient dragon?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 12:35 PM PST

    All of the bosses so far have been insanely easy, but this guy is the exact opposite, he's ridiculous, my buds get insta-killed because he opens up with the fire attack and then proceeds to just spam that until I'm dead, changing his position each time making it hard to get to his tail, this on top of the camera, plus the shit ton of health he has is bonkers. Ya'll know how to cheese him or any particularly good ways to deal with it?

    submitted by /u/ImNotCreative69Bruh
    [link] [comments]

    I beat ancient dragon on my first try!

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 12:06 PM PST

    I know this isn't really impressive because millions of players have done the same but I'm pretty proud of myself that I beat this behemoth on my first attempt solo! This is only my 2nd soulsborne game so I'm still a noob but I definitely feel like I'm getting better! I didn't do anything revolutionary for this fight just baited his flame attack then punished with my lightning infused level 10 great sword. Strangely enough I found this fight not too difficult because of how easy it was to exploit him.

    Gotta say that I've really enjoyed dark souls 2. I went in with low expectations because I've heard people say its the worst souls game but I feel like its a good game. I still prefer the original dark souls because of its atmosphere and level design but I don't really see the astronomical difference between the two. Anyway not sure if anyone really cares but I just wanted to share with someone who knows what I'm talking about lol.

    submitted by /u/Victarion99
    [link] [comments]

    SorFS vs Vanilla Edition?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 11:24 AM PST

    What are the the changes that most took you by surprise when returning to Drangleic in this edition? Which ones did you enjoy, or perhaps not enjoy so much at all?

    I'm revisiting this game after not playing since release but, despite popular opinion, this is my favorite souls game. I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys write about!

    submitted by /u/kreagan13
    [link] [comments]

    How active is the online?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 08:31 AM PST

    I'm trying my hand at getting platinum for DS2. Are there spells and or rings I can only get by playing online pvp for a coven? I'm not too keen on playing pvp. So is there a way I can pvp with a friend to grind?

    submitted by /u/Sagekoi
    [link] [comments]

    Blue Sentinels

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 10:28 AM PST

    Has anyone had much success in this covenant? In the way of Blue, across 7 different characters, I've been through maaany invasions, but only ever had a BS warp in twice. Since I've joined, I've never been summoned once, and have yet to invade the world of a sinner. I've tried dozens of times in sevral locations, bupkis. I figure my SM at this point (2.25M) is part of the problem, but even when it was half that... is the Arena the only hope for ranking up? How can I get Tokens of Fidelity when I can't get summoned for co-op either?

    submitted by /u/Raving_Lunatic69
    [link] [comments]

    You know, the PvP in this game actually is pretty great

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 03:09 PM PST

    Spent the past week or so playing Dark Souls 2: SOTFS for a change and got really into the PVP. Going back to DS1 and DS3 felt like a downgrade both in terms of build variety and gameplay. (I think DS2's more punishing stance on stamina use leads to more calculated and less chaotic fights compared to DS3 and the build variety is vastly superior to them both.)

    I feel like it's a bit of a hidden gem, really. You'd think some of the big name streamers and YouTubers might consider going back to it just to shake it up a bit, it seems like nobody makes DS2 videos any more and duels on the bridge are great fun. I've been having a grand old time paladining it up with my trusty lightning claymore and sunlight blade.

    submitted by /u/bluelookslikeblue
    [link] [comments]

    New to PvE

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 01:25 PM PST

    After getting through all the other FromSoft games avoiding PvE.. (played offline) I have just let it go as I just started up Dark Souls 2. So I'm just getting started really and grinded myself up to LEVEL 29 but still blow and struggle with PvE more than I have with any other FromSoft game outside of Sekiro early on. Anyways, I get invaded while fighting other enemies, my health is capped at 50% bc I blow, and he's LVL 131.

    For one, I didn't even realize the game doesn't care much for parity when you are invaded. So he waits for me to fight off the enemies, by that time I have about 2% HP bar. I bow and then heal up. The invader kills me within about 10 seconds and then messages me that I don't know anything about fighting with Honor and why did I bow if I was going to fight like a b**ch.

    Can somebody break down the etiquette here for me please? I'm probably just going to go offline bc this game has me dealing with enough as it is in the early going. Why would somebody LVL'd up 100 more than me worry about me trying to get my HP in order before we duel'd? I like to respect the traditions in place, but I always thought if you were invaded you would at least get full HP for a fair chance.

    Also he seemed like a DSII lifer, so if it was one of you I apologize. I have no idea what I'm doing.

    submitted by /u/newjack900
    [link] [comments]

    Does “Spell Incense” wear off?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 01:06 PM PST

    TLDR: I've used "Focus Souls" before, now it's saying I don't have enough INT.

    I'm a Caster, 55 INT, and I used Incense early on to drop "Focus Souls" to where I can use it(From 60INT down to 55INT) I've used it several times during Old Iron King and against the Burned Ivory King as well so I know I've used it before. Now that I'm in the frigid wastelands, I died against the Tigers and when I reattuned my spells it's saying that Focus Souls requires 56INT and that I can't use it anymore. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, does incense wear off?

    For the record I've never worn "Ring of Knowledge" or anything to raise my INT.

    submitted by /u/DeadskinsDave
    [link] [comments]

    Can't see friends summon sign (sotfs, ps4)

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 03:22 AM PST

    Me and my friend have been playing a dual playthrough up until now. We can not see each others summon signs no matter how hard we try (we tried to summon in foyer and dragon aerie). The weird thing is... We can invade eachother with the red sign soapstone, and we are in the same soul memory tier. This thing has baffeled us both. Do you guys have any idea what might cause this?

    submitted by /u/KammoTheUnoriginal
    [link] [comments]

    The story of my NG+ restriction run

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 07:02 AM PST

    Background

    You can read about my restrictions and NG run here and about obtaining every item I could before NG+ here.

    Introduction

    For this run, I wanted to use at least one weapon from every weapon class, as in my previous playthrough I had only used the Fire Longsword, the Heide Knight Sword, the Heide Spear and the Heide Lance and in my first playthrough I had used the Ultra Great Sword, the Twinblade, the Red Iron Twinblade and, occasionally (Fume Knight), the Battle Axe. I wanted to use a weapon for about two bosses and the areas before them and I wanted to use weapons that only required regular Titanite to upgrade. There were other criteria by which I selected my weapons, such as stats requirments, stats scaling, status effects, durability, length and appearance.

    I wanted to level up as much as possible, so the majority of the time I would wear the Tseldora Set and a Covetous Silver Serpent Ring. This made the game a bit harder, as it provided me with little defense against all attacks. When a boss fight would get too tiresome, I would try it again with a Havel's Set +5 and with the Third Dragon Ring. The success of this new strategy would depend on whether the boss had attacks that required a longer distance to be traveled on every roll or not.

    If I had too much of one item to be able to store in the item box and to carry, I could use it so it wouldn't be wasted. Thusly, I started using Human Effigies and Lifegems whenever they arose.

    If I could modify the boss arena in any way to my advantage, I would do it, unlike my last playthrough.

    I wanted to obtain some items that I might have missed in my first playthrough, such as items droppped by enemies that spawn only once per NG cycle. I used the Symbol of Avarice, the Prisoner's Tatters, the Tseldora Manchettes, the Tseldora Trousers, the Watchdragon Parma and the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring +1/ Covetous Gold Serpent Ring +2 to increase the chances of a drop to occur.

    Also, I wanted to obtain Lucatiel's and Benhart's items, so I summoned them in 3 boss fights each.

    The Journey

    • Fists
      • As soon as I started the run, I knew I wanted to beat up everything up to The Last Giant with my bare fists. It felt like a great reward after farming all those Awestones to be able to use the Vanquisher's Seal and punch anything in my way.
      • The red phantoms around The Forest of Fallen Giants made some areas significantly tougher to get through.
    • Thrusting sword
      • As you can observe, as soon as I started my run, I broke my own rule of using one weapon on two bosses, as I wanted to defeat the Pursuer in my first try and I wasn't confident I could do it with my fists.
      • I never understood the fuss about thrusting swords. Straight swords have large sweeps that can hit more enemies and spears and lances have the advantage of hitting enemies from a distance. I even tried using the Old Leo Ring, but found it inconsistent, as when an enemy attacks, I would usually roll and not benefit from it.
      • I chose the Espada Ropera, as it has the biggest AR, stats scaling and durability.
      • I defeated The Pursuer, the Old Dragonslayer and the Dragonrider using it.
      • Blue Sentinel Targray's red phantoms made getting to the Blue Cathedral a more challenging objective.
    • Axe
      • I chose the Battle Axe for its durability, length and appearance, although the Bandit Axe has better AR.
      • I defeated the Flexile Sentry and the Ruin Sentinels using it.
      • Lucatiel was useful in this fight, getting the attention of the Flexile Sentry.
      • This time, I entered the Lost Bastille through the port, which made the area fell more branched and populated.
    • Curved sword
      • I chose the Falchion for its appearance, although the Manikin Sabre has better AR and bleed effect.
      • I defeated the Belfry Gargoyles and the Lost Sinner using it.
      • The Falchion was not a good choice for either fight as the bleed effect was ineffective and the curved sword swings drew me into the gargoyle throng.
      • Lucatiel died a few times before we eventually won.
    • Hammer
      • Although there are many other hammers to use, I chose the Morning Star for its bleed effect and looks. Although both of them have great AR, the Blacksmith's Hammer is too short and looks too much like a tool and the Homunculus Mace looks awful. The Mace would have been a great choice nonetheless for its looks and AR.
      • I defeated the Executioner's Chariot and the Skeleton Lords using it.
      • The Huntsman's Copse took a bit longer to get through as I wanted to obtain the Black Mage Hood and the Lizard Staff from the Black Hollow Mages.
      • The Black Mage Hood
        • Got it first try from the Black Hollow Mages outside the Undead Lockaway bonfire.
      • The Lizard Staff
        • 1-2 hours
        • The road to the Undead Purgatory took the most time to get through.
    • Katana
      • I chose the Uchigatana for its stats scaling and durability. The Darkdrift is invisible and the Washing Pole is too long and both of them are frail.
      • I liked using a katana, but I don't like how they all have low durability.
      • I defeated Mytha, the Baneful Queen and the Smelter Demon using it.
    • Greataxe
      • I chose the Drakekeeper's Greataxe for its Stat scaling and length.
      • I defeated the Old Iron King and the Royal Rat Vanguard using it.
      • While in the Grave of Saints, the full Dingy Set +5 dropped after a single kill. I had the full discovery gear and was wondering if it was supposed to happen like this regardless of having discovery enhancing gear.
      • I tried to obtain the Black Witch Domino Mask, but the two Dual Avelyn Bell Keepers did not drop anything, while wearing full discovery gear.
    • Curved Great Sword
      • I chose the Murakumo, as it was the only one which I could use which upgrades using regular Titanite.
      • I defeated the Rotten and Scorpioness Najka using it.
      • I tried obtaining Lion Warrior Helm or the Red Lion Warrior Cape from the Golden Lion Clan Warrior, but even with full discovery gear, nothing dropped.
      • Lucatiel kept dying during the Rotten boss fight, so I had to restart it until she finally survived.
    • Whip
      • I chose the Notched Whip for its bleed effect. I wanted to power stance whips, which turned out to be way better than just two-handling one whip. I had more fun than I had expected from using them.
      • I defeated the Royal Rat Authority and Prowling Magus and Congregation using them.
      • Before beating the Royal Rat Authority, I farmed about 35 Pharros' Lockstones from the Dog Rats from this boss fight. I wanted to see how the Grave of Saints and the Doors of Pharros look like with all traps activated.
      • I forgot to summon Benhart for this fight.
    • Claws
      • I chose the Manikin Claws because of their durability. I would have chosen the Claws, as they have a bleed effect, but cannot be used for too long, due to their durability. Power stancing claws can be a fun endeavor, provided you use a Stone Ring to keep your enemies staggered.
      • I defeated only the Duke's Dear Freja using them. They were actually useful in this fight as I killed all the small spiders in the arena and then ran from one head to another, hitting each one every time with a power stance light attack. Unfortunately, they were not strong enough to cross all the way to Drangleic Castle, especially in trying to best the two Primal Knights and the Drakekeeper red phantom after. They were useful in subduing some spirits in the Dark Chasm of Old, but they were useless in the fight against the Darklurker. This is an already challenging fight for me and they were no help. I had to, once again, use pyromancy in this fight. I attuned Great Fireballs and the Chaos Storm and used the Fire Longsword while running from their attacks from every direction.
      • After, I tried clawing the Twin Pursuers. Of course, it didn't work, but neither did my other strategies, which included using Havel's Set +5, using a katana and using pyromancy, specifically using 4 Lingering Flames before their aggravation area, aggro-ing them and hoping that they would trigger all 4 Lingering Flames with their shields down. This would take 2300 HP out of about 7000 HP from at least one of them, in the best case. In most instances, at least one would shoot an energy wave, making me roll away from the Flames, and ruining the whole setup. I even tried learning how to parry them, after I saw a video of a guy doing that and crushing them with his bare hands and 99 ADP. After about 100 tries, I gave up and despawned one of them so I could fight them individually. Both of them cover each other's post-attack pause intervals, the only rare exception being them synchronizing their attacks.
    • Sickle
      • I chose the Full Moon Sickle because of its bleed effect. I tried power stancing it with another one, but the attacks are too slow and too stamina consuming.
      • I defeated the Twin Dragonriders and the Looking Glass Knight using it.
      • The Full Moon Sickle was not a good choice for the fights or the area before them, as most enemies are armoured and are not affected by the bleeding effect. This made traversing Drangleic Castle harder, especially the area where the Executioner's Chariot is located.
      • The Looking Glass Knight boss battle was especially difficult, as Benhart would sit still and stare at the Knight charging his attack and smashing him off his feet. Meanwhile, the Full Moon Sickle proved useful in taking out one summon of the Knight using one full stamina bar and not letting it move or attack at all after being spawned. Benhart would get its HP tore apart and I had to struggle to strike as many hits in before he died. Only when the Knight focused on me did we manage to triumph.
      • The first Stone Knight before the Looking Glass Knight bonfire greatly reduces weapon durability, if you manage to defeat it before it raises up. I used its stone headless corpse in breaking Santier's Spear.
    • Halberd
      • I chose the Mastodon Halberd for its great AR.
      • I defeated the Demon of song and Velstadt, The Royal Aegis using it.
      • The Mastodon Halberd's sweet spot made it not as reliable as I wish it would have been. The thrust attack made up for it when one-handing.
      • I tried obtaining all the remaining pieces of the Insolent Set, as I already had the Insolent Gloves and Insolent Boots, but the Insolent Spirits only dropped duplicates, spices, branches, Twinkling Titanite, one Insolent Armour and one Shield of the Insolent, with no Insolent Helm. Also, I pushed one of them off an edge while fighting it, right after lighting up the statue that summons them.
      • I did not know there were so many Invisible Hollows in the Undead Crypt. I looked up on the wiki to make sure I got all of them.
    • Twinblade
      • I chose the Red Iron Twinblade, because I thought it would be a better weapon for touring through Aldia's Keep, Dragon Aerie and Dragon Shrine than other twinblades.
      • I defeated only the Guardian Dragon, as after trying once to overcome the Ancient Dragon, I switched to the Mastodon Halberd. It took one attempt, in which I stayed mainly between its hind legs. It was very easy to hit in the Halberd's sweet spot.
      • In Aldia's Keep I used the discovery gear to obtain the Old Mirrah Greatsword, but Aslatiel dropped nothing and to obtain the Monastery Set and Monastery Scimitar. Fortunately, the weapon did drop, and now I can try again that Twin Pursuer fight, but nothing else fell with it.
    • Greatsword
      • I chose the Mastodon Greatsword for its AR and stat scaling.
      • I defeated the Giant Lord and Vendrick using it.
      • I summoned Benhart for the Giant Lord Fight.
      • All the areas and boss fights after gaining the Ashen Mist Heart including the last three boss fights felt like level boosting areas for the DLCs.
    • Ultra Greatsword
      • I chose the Greatsword for its AR and stat scaling.
      • I defeated the Throne Watcher and the Throne Defender, Nashandra and Aldia, Scholar of the first Sin using it.
      • I knew how powerful this weapon is and I still had a blast using it on all three boss fights. I summoned Benhart for all of them, even though just one is needed for him to gift you his wares. Somehow, we survived the first fight in the first try. He tanked their hits while I went behind their back and swung back and forth. In the next two fights he did what he usually does, gazing at enemies as they charge a devastating attack.
      • All the areas and boss fights after gaining the Ashen Mist Heart including the last three boss fights felt like level boosting areas for the DLCs.
    • Twinkling Titanite Weapons
      • After wielding at least one weapon from every weapon class I had in mind, I thought that I could try weapons that require Twinkling Titanite for upgrading. Initially, I thought I would put them to use in my next run, but after looking through them, I realized not many of them caught my eye.
    • Twinkling Titanite Weapons I did not use
      • I did not have the stats for putting the Black Knight weapons, Forlorn weapons or some other ones into action.
      • The Red Rust Sword, the Red Rust Scimitar, the Craftsman's Hammer and Pate's Spear seemed above the average weapon in their respective class, but I did not think they would be unalike the ones I have already tried from that category.
      • The Malformed Shell has low AR and no scaling. I do not understand why would anyone want to spend Twinkling Titanite on it.
      • The Demon's Great Hammer and the Dragon Tooth pale in comparison to the Smelter Hammer, which does not even need Twinkling Titanite.
      • I wanted to use mainly other types of weapons besides swords. In consequence, I did not use the Drangleic Sword or the Charred Loyce Greatsword.
      • The Helix Halberd has a remarkable design, but does not have a good enough AR.
      • I think that Santier's Spear is a better PvP weapon than a PvE one, as it has such a varied moveset, but is not really that good when it comes to its AR and absent scaling.
      • I did not choose the Berserker's Blade as I had already decided on the Manslayer and did not want to pick up more than one katana.
      • The Black Scorpion Stinger has good AR and poison effect, but low durability.
      • The Ice Rapier has a nice length and bleed effect, but low AR.
      • The Old Whip has great AR and I am sure it would have been really fun to power stance two of them, but their frailty meant that I could not have used them for more than a couple of enemies at a time and I was not willing to spend that much Twinkling Titanite on them or even on two more backups.
    • Twinkling Titanite Weapons I did use
      • The weapons that I finally selected to wield were the Crescent Axe, the Puzzling Stone Sword, the Dragonslayer's Crescent Axe, the Manslayer, the Curved Nil Greatsword and the Heide Greatlance. I know that this last one does not use Twinkling Titanite, but I attained it during this playthrough and I thought that it would be a great addition to the weapons I would use during the DLCs, knowing how hard besting some of the bosses is. Also, I had upgraded the Heide Lance during my last playthrough, which I would consider as an equivalence of resources regarding this run. While playing, I would constantly cycle through them, in order to handle them in different circumstances and not use some more than others. During boss fights, I would try them out and use whichever fit the battle was best.
      • The Crescent Axe was, most of the time, disappointing to use. Its moveset combined with its handle length made an inaccessible sweet spot. The enemy had to be positioned at a precise distance in order to be hit full-force. For the most part, the damage would be at half of what was possible. I did not use this weapon in any boss fight.
      • The Puzzling Stone Sword also did not perform as well as I had expected. It did not deal much damage and every Twinkling Titanite barely added 5 AR to it. After I picked up a second one, I power stanced them which made them useful, but most power stanced weapons I would consider improved. I handled them during the Sinh, The Slumbering Dragon fight up until they nearly broke, and then switched to the Curved Nil Greatsword.
      • The Dragonslayer's Crescent Axe was fast and devastating. Its only downside was its shortness, as it pushed enemies greatly and could not follow up with another blow after a couple of swings. I did not use it during any bossfight.
      • The Manslayer was swift and ravaging and essential in some cases. I used it to defeat Cerah the Old Explorer, The Afflicted Graverobber and the Burnt Ivory King and the poison effect slowly took out Ancient Soldier Varg and the Blue Smelter Demon. I also power stanced it with a Uchigatana, which it has nearly identical stats to, to overcome Raime, The Fume Knight.
      • The Curved Nil Greatsword was exceptionally good in any situation. I did not expect it to be so fun to use and so damaging. I used it to defeat Elana, The Squalid Queen, Sinh, The Slumbering Dragon, Aava, The King's Pet and Zallen The King's Pet.
      • I already knew what to expect with the Heide Greatlance. It proved more than useful and greatly powerful. I used it to defeat Sir Alonne and Lud The King's Pet, after which I switched to the Curved Nil Greatsword.
    • Thoughts on weapon choice
      • As you might observe, I chose some weapons that had bleed effect over ones that had none, as I had never played using bleed and wanted to try it out. It can be helpful, but only under some conditions and can prove to be a disadvantage when used improperly.
      • Furthermore, I should have planned when I wanted to use certain weapons instead of picking them on a whim. Initially, I decided that I would not use any dagger, as I did not think they were strong enough, any sword, spear or lance, as I had used them in my previous playthrough or any great hammer as I used them in despawning Frozen Reindeer in the Frigid Outskirts, farming Loyce Souls from Charred Loyce Knights and in farming back souls after losing them. Then, I thought I would use a halberd, twinblade, greatsword and ultra greatsword near the end of the game and a katana while fighting through the Iron Keep. My biggest mistake was using a Curved Great Sword in an area where there are not any heavily armoured enemies and not using a whip, claw or sickle. Furthermore, those weapons were delayed, and I ended up using them in areas like Drangleic Castle and the Dark Chasm of Old instead of the Black Gulch or the Shaded Woods.

    Random thoughts

    • The 50 Loyce Souls obtained in NG are recognized by Alsanna in NG+. I wrote this as I searched for this information and I did not find it explicitly.
    • The Chime of Screams gave me 8 FTH points while wearing it, making it possible for me to use items I could not before. Also, it looks like a Fleshlight.

    Leveling up in NG+

    • I got from 99 VIT, 75 END with 30 VGR, STR and DEX and 6 ADP, INT, FTH and ATN to 99 VIT and END, 50 VGR, 30 STR and DEX and 6 ADP, INT, FTH and ATN.
    • I started NG+ with my character at level 235. I imagine most players start a new cycle with about 100 levels less than that and do not feel a great disparity in leveling up from the previous run. In my case, I expected it to go slower than than normal, and I made everything I could to maximize Souls income and prevent losing Souls. With this in mind, it was still really disappointing to see that I accumulated no more than 44 levels in these special circumstances. I imagine if I had played differently, I would have maybe gained 20 levels.
    • Now, I want to ask how many levels does the average player gain during a NG+ run. For some reason, I always expected a new cycle to give as many levels as the first one and reaching maximum level in about 8 playthroughs. Of course, this is not the case and I saw a video of someone going through the game 100 times and not reaching 99 in everything.

    Plans for the future

    • Initially, I planned to pick up 9 boss souls weapons to use on the next game cycle, but after buying everyone of them and testing them out, I do not think they change the game experience very much. Sure, they might have awesome attacks and beautiful design, but I am not sure if I can play another cycle as a melee character. In conclusion, I thought that I would change my character into a purely spell caster one. Now, I want to ask how should a level 279 spell caster look like for NG++? I am asking because I never played such a character before. Moreover, I am considering summoning every NPC I can for every boss fight.
    submitted by /u/Sebastian620
    [link] [comments]

    if i give rosabeth the moon butterfly set will she poison me?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 02:23 AM PST

    nееd help on PS4 to get sunlight medals

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 06:09 AM PST

    I want to platinum the game but farming sunlight medals solo is a pain in the ass, is anyone down for some jolly co-operation ?

    submitted by /u/SpectacularMiderSpan
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone active on PS4?

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 07:14 PM PST

    I just started after an obsessive conquest of DS1, my first Souls game. I loved it so much I bought 2 and 3 on PS store (on sale is greeat) but I've noticed that I keep losing health and I've heard thst Jolly Coop can help restore it. I didnt find much action on DS1 and was just wondering if there is still a player base so I can count on regaining some health. Im all for challenges and upping the ante but if there aren't a lot of opportunities for me to help other players then it sounds like I'm stuck with Effigies and a mainly single player experience.

    Just want to see if there are others traversing this land right now so I can feel cool to explore and experiment without worring about halving my HP.

    submitted by /u/ElfInTheMachine
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment