• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 20, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 10:08 PM PST

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Frigid Outskirts.

    Summoned into a gank squad on the Iron Keep Bridge? Died to Fume Knight for the 100th time? Think you're getting boned by SOTFS?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Character Randmizer seems a bit broken

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 07:43 AM PST

    Image is after ~70 radomizations https://imgur.com/fngdhNk

    submitted by /u/RumbleballTheReal
    [link] [comments]

    Holy shit boys it just hit me now

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 12:19 PM PST

    The last giant is literally the giant lord you fight in the memory and he recognises us and gets pissed off like Dam ng+9 and 500hrs of playtime I just realised.

    submitted by /u/Whyusertakenlied
    [link] [comments]

    I made a speedrun category hopefully people could attempt it

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 06:34 PM PST

    You have to get to the coffin and change gender as fast as possible, I call it Gwyndolyn% and I hope some people do the runs. This is my route and I mess up a few times but it's the first time I successfully ran the run. Also, no offense to trans people I just thought of it while playing Dark Souls 2.

    spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OakzIheeHQBW-W1snThc2MimUfGunIh4k0Xp15g3TIM/edit?usp=sharing

    my run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc-D6N6iV9k

    just ask in the comments on my run if you'd like to submit or something.

    Edit: Ok I made a discord if you'd like to submit a run or talk about Gwyndolin% https://discord.gg/8N3c3Advp5

    submitted by /u/bananaface301
    [link] [comments]

    My quickest death yet

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 07:59 AM PST

    After 90+ hours I finally got the platinum for this god forsaken game

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 06:07 PM PST

    My knights vs Ivory King knights...

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 09:37 AM PST

    So just wanted to give some context, started to go through the DLC for the first time and i kinda snapped going through all of the DLC.

    Thought you guys might enjoy and get a smile from the moment.

    https://imgur.com/a/6i9fZ7Z

    submitted by /u/Xordin_
    [link] [comments]

    How to get summoned by the Looking Glass Knight?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 10:12 AM PST

    I heard that you can use Cracked Red Orbs, but when I use them, I invade them right before they are entering the boss fight. I'm using them right outside the door to the boss. What am I doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/KingOfSquirrels
    [link] [comments]

    Died, recovered my souls but UI shows 0 souls?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 09:46 AM PST

    So just started playing DS2, I've played DS1 so i know how the game works. I just died and managed to recover my souls but the counter on the bottom right didn't replenish. When I check player status it shows the full amount.

    Is this a bug or by design?

    Update: I started a new game to test it and it worked fine. Reloaded my usual save and it's working as normal.

    submitted by /u/lonegunman93
    [link] [comments]

    Co-op with name-engraved ring

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 12:47 PM PST

    So my friend started playing for the first time, he's currently approaching mid game, while i'm at the start of NG+, if we use the name-engraved ring, will we be able to co-op?

    submitted by /u/HeroofkvatchDovah
    [link] [comments]

    My Own Personal Salty Sunday

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 08:58 AM PST

    This started on the Salty Sunday thread but it turned out a little longer than i expected, so thought i'd make a dedicated post for it.

    I normally ignore salty sunday but i've been doing a lot of coop over all 3 DS titles this week and it's time to vent.

    I've got 130 hours in DS2 and 100% achievements (as my nerdy flair indicates). DS2 is an excellent game. That said, it is the worst of the series. There is a reason most people shit on it. Those reasons are Gank Squads and Hit boxes. DS2 has fantastic art, plot, npcs, and made many improvements to DS1 mechanics. It could be the best if not for the level of frustration involved in playing this game. DS1 and DS3 are challenging. DS2 is frustrating.

    I've read the essays on this sub as to why those who complain about hitboxes and gank squads are wrong, and while the perspective is helpful, if 80 people say something sucks, and 20 people say it's fine..... let's be honest it probably sucks.

    My first time with DS2 i didn't recognize these issues as much, but this week closing DS2 and immediately opening DS3 made these contrasts grotesquely obvious. If i fight fume knight, i can get hit if my character is standing 5 feet from the hilt of his sword. If i fight Lorian or Dragon Armor their swords can literally whistle inches past my head, but i don't take damage because... their weapons didn't hit me. no one here is gonna say Twin princes is an easy fight, but i never think to myself "dammit i could've won if the game hadn't cheated". Not so much with fumey boy.

    As for gank squads. nothing makes my blood boil like shrine of amana or iron keep. Shrine of Amana's only redeeming quality is that the boss is a total pushover. And the sad thing is, this is such an easy fix. two words. AGGRO RANGE. i mean seriously if i had a mod to limit mob's aggro range in DS2 this wouldn't even be an issue (i don't use mods cuz i mostly do coop and don't wanna get banned), but what monumental dumbass thought it would be fun to beat a boss and then get swarmed by 20 enemies standing at the fog gate for the last 5 minutes? or be chased by enemies who haven't even made it into your line of sight yet? I hate how easily this could have been avoided.

    Ok. that's mostly it. I'm doubt anyone will read this but it felt good to get off my chest. Again, DS2 is a great game i will continue to play. but there are legitimate reasons most people think it's the worst DS title.

    submitted by /u/fredzillanator
    [link] [comments]

    I beat the pursuer!!

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 06:08 PM PST

    I couldn't best him with out help the first time. This time, made a level one deprived, killed the last giant ( didnt kill any of the mobs, just ran passed em, same on pursuer approach), started the boss fight with nothing but the crimson parma, parried him (whaaa!) And then ballista'ed his ass.

    Ps: team play on that fight is hilarious considering you can shoot your companions

    submitted by /u/Reasonable_Fight
    [link] [comments]

    Can't access Vendricks memory.

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 11:23 AM PST

    I am at a loss here and im not sure what the problem is.

    I have the Ashen Mist Heart. I killed hollow Vendrick and got his soul and armor. I have the Giants Kinship.

    And yet, when i try to interract with his armor in the crypt it just boots me back to the bonfire in the Undead Ditch and hollows me out one level.

    Am i missing something here? Im so confused.

    submitted by /u/Loli_Innkeeper
    [link] [comments]

    dark souls 2 sotfs isn’t in my library on ps4 but when i search it on the store it says i can download it

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 11:08 AM PST

    i bought it a few weeks ago and had to reinstall my ps4 today it's pretty weird any idea why isn't it displayed ?

    submitted by /u/blutborne_dale
    [link] [comments]

    I just stumbled on an amazing, hilariously useless glitch!

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 04:43 PM PST

    Step one!

    Equip travelling merchant hat

    Step two!

    Accidentally leave your playstation 3 on for several days.

    When you come back, either due to a data leak, or a movement cycle that isn't 100% frame perfect, after a few days, your single eyepiece its floating about a foot or so above your head! just a dumb little metal loop. That is all. It could also be caused by memory leakage somehow. I dont know.

    Im sorry I dont have a camera to show you! its pretty boring and useless. but it does happen!

    submitted by /u/spoonguy123
    [link] [comments]

    Rings for the trophy

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 10:57 AM PST

    So i'm going through the list of rings and i've collected 50 or so but stumbled onto a couple that are crazily time consuming, would anyone be able to drop me the lingering dragoncrest ring +2 and ring of thorns +2? I'm playing SotFS on ps4 with SM about 2.4mil

    submitted by /u/iArkas
    [link] [comments]

    Someone just argued that DS2 is the most buggy game in the whole soulsborne series. So my question to you fine hollows is, have you guys experienced more bugs in Dark Souls 2 than other entries?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 10:42 AM PST

    Vanilla Dark Souls 2 had a few bugs, but both last gen and current gen (Sorry ps5 xsx barely even exist by any real standard.) SotFS I don't think I experienced ANY bugs, at least nothing gamebreaking or out of the norm for the souls series. Am I wrong or just lucky thinking that Dks2 isn't a buggy game?

    submitted by /u/Terminix221166
    [link] [comments]

    Decreasing minimum requirements for spells affect the dmg inflicted?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 01:19 PM PST

    decreasing the required amount of intelligence decreases the damage of the spell?
    I started playing as a magician and became very interested in the hybrid build with dexterity, I think it's kind of broken

    submitted by /u/chamanomalboro
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the best method of farming human elligies?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 01:01 PM PST

    Looks like I've aready grabbed all I can from the old hag in majula. I've put my summon down and no takers neither, so I can't restore humanity that way neither. 😐

    submitted by /u/DeepDub5132
    [link] [comments]

    direction help needed

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 12:53 PM PST

    hello skeletons once again,
    i have gotten further in the game and im finally starting to enjoy it wuhu, thanks to community for convincing me to give it a fair try ((:

    anyways im a bit confused as to where im missing the next path for me. so far i've killed; Last giant, pursuer, ruin sentinels, dragonrider, dragonslayer, lost sinner and flexile sentry
    and then i havent really been able to find out where i need to go next, i see there is something with a pharros lockstone, of which i do not have anymore so ye
    did i miss something?

    submitted by /u/BreadGotten
    [link] [comments]

    Cancer

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 12:08 PM PST

    Most cancerous build except straight sword

    submitted by /u/Commercial_Tree_6541
    [link] [comments]

    After putting over 100 hours on the game in the past week I can definitely say

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 11:23 AM PST

    This game is one hell of a burning shitshow. I freaking loved the game up until today , when I made my way to the frozen outskirts , I cant believe this area actually exist , its beyond my understanding , its not fun , nor challenging , the timer for the snowstorm is complete garbage.

    Most boss are very fun overall , and there's a shit ton of thing to do , but this area makes me want to drop the game all together , Gank Squad can die. I beat Ivory anyways , isnt this suppose to be the hardest fight in the serie ?

    Edit : I already had 150 hours before this new playtrough , I have 200+ hours on DS:PTDE/R and DS3.

    submitted by /u/nashimaki2
    [link] [comments]

    Why am I playing online without ps plus?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 01:48 AM PST

    I've been playing ds 2 sotfs on PS4 online for the past two days, I have no idea what's going on. Can anyone enlighten me?

    submitted by /u/theyralltakenhelp
    [link] [comments]

    [PS4] [SOTFS] Trouble with the small soapstone

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 10:27 AM PST

    I have read in many places that I can summon a player using the Small White Sign Soapstone in an area where I have defeated the boss or in an area that does not have a boss.

    The second case works for me - I have successfully summoned a friend in Dragon Aerie and in Dragon Shrine (before activating the boss).

    The first case however does not work for me. We have tried the following summons:

    • Forest of Fallen Giants, Cardinal Tower bonfire - to show the way to fire lizards and Soldier's Rest.
    • Forest of Fallen Giants, after the door the the Soldier's Rest unlocked with the Soldier's Key. You can summon Ruined Alfis as a shade there but apparently not players.
    • Crown of the Sunken King DLC, Tower of Prayer bonfire - to show the way to the previously closed door unlocked with the Eternal Sanctum Key.
    • Crown of the Ivory King DLC, Outer Wall bonfire - after defeating Aava to explore the area after the ice has melted and gather up Loyce knights to assist with the Burnt Ivory King boss battle.

    The summon sign is simply not visible.

    I have tried summoning my friend and he's tried summoning me - no luck. We have very similar soul memory - around 3 million and for testing we used some soul items to have no more than 10k difference. We have tried summoning with and without the Name-engraved Ring.

    We have never had any trouble summoning each other using the large White Sign Soapstone, also with and without the Name-engraved Ring. On the other hand we have never been able to summon each other with the small sign in an area where the boss is defeated.

    What's the catch here?

    submitted by /u/kkszymanowski
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment