• Breaking News

    Monday, December 21, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 10:09 PM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve finally done it. (100% Achievement Completion)

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 09:15 AM PST

    https://ibb.co/tKFJ3Tm

    Finished DS1 (360 Version) for the first time on the 1st of November. Now here i am, a month and 20 days later.

    submitted by /u/Exiled-Anubis
    [link] [comments]

    My old Prircilla fan art. Decided to post it here

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 03:23 AM PST

    My friend just rung the first bell

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 09:56 PM PST

    And then then was like "yay I'm halfway there"

    submitted by /u/accessZ3R0
    [link] [comments]

    To the user ham567 if you're here somewhere (didn't quite know how to flare this one)

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 11:03 PM PST

    I appreciated the help you gave me with O&S I managed to make your death to Ornstein count as I killed Smough as you died and won. It was a close one! Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Taylorray93
    [link] [comments]

    Got my platinum at last!

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 01:22 AM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/t2xVeVT.jpeg

    It was quite a journey. Played for around 100 hours over the course of this save file. Since this was my first Dark Souls game, I did everything (mostly) blind on NG, and looked up for secrets and hidden stuff like Ash Lake on NG+. Can't wait to start with Dark Souls II!

    The Sif battle was pretty tough. It was very difficult defeating her, what with all the tears in my eyes. But lmao jokes aside, the Sif part was one of the best moments of this game and I figured I'd get my platinum screenshot specifically with Sif. Felt like a fitting end.

    submitted by /u/Phantom_Thief_1412
    [link] [comments]

    I JUST BEAT ARTOIAS WITH A +5 TOOTHPICK!

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 08:46 AM PST

    What I mean by toothpick is a +5 bandit knife that does 5 damage per hit to artorias. In starting to think im clinically insane but still im proud of myself for doing this.

    submitted by /u/GiveMeUpvotesRightNo
    [link] [comments]

    I just completed my first SL1 run!

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 01:56 AM PST

    Took me just under 5 hours!

    I thought it would take me much longer! lol

    submitted by /u/KyleTheNoble
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you.

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 04:17 PM PST

    Thank you to the dragon invader in the Oolacile township, the friendliest invader in the world. We had an awesome fist fight and eventually had a 2-hand grass crest shield fight. he dropped me a few items and was the best guy in the world! I hope you are on the reddit, I believe that you are Japanese based off your PSN profile, but if it was you please say Hello!

    I believe the name was "Man of steel"

    Thank you for reading!

    submitted by /u/GrandPlat3
    [link] [comments]

    The return to undead asylum is quite clever

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 06:07 AM PST

    It's probably been discussed before but I have to say I really appreciate the way they guide you back. Having that one locked door at the top, a (if you were paying attention) a second demon in the room below, a trading parter when your too early in the game to have anything to trade... all great hints the you'll be coming back.

    The clues at fire link like being able to see the bird, the items on top of the buildings, the hole in the elevator wall. Maybe you can even spot the nest.

    But the best is when you get back and see that message on the ground that says "great job, go straight ahead". It's there for you to find after beating asylum demon but if you missed or forgot (like me) you just go walking right into the hall and drop into a boss fight. Beat the boss and get dropped in the first hallway of the game where you find an item to permit access to another optional area.

    So good.

    submitted by /u/PuffPuffFayeFaye
    [link] [comments]

    Manus SL1 NG+6 no sprint/roll/block/parry

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 11:24 PM PST

    Manus Kill

    3rd in the world to do it. Absolutely terrible kill, spent many many hours grinding. So yeah, here it is.

    submitted by /u/ZeldashR
    [link] [comments]

    Two Lord Souls obtained, two more to go!

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 01:30 AM PST

    I beat Seath and Bed Of Chaos, but I need to know what equipment I need, and stuff like that. Any useful tips are appreciated!

    submitted by /u/MechaBowzilla
    [link] [comments]

    How do i defeat the bell Gargoyles?

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 01:29 AM PST

    I can't kill them When the other one comes i die

    submitted by /u/stormalfred123
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you, random red mage.

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 11:54 PM PST

    You came into my world and I watched as you approached, ready for conflict as so many others had tried to kill me before. But instead, you offered me weird lightning stuff and some moss which I'm sure will be integral later on.

    I was at the bonfire after the one in undead burg, across the dragon bridge. Thanks from a new player.

    EDIT- wtf does this mean btw I'm very confused also some tips on the game would be nice I'm using zewhander thing two handed

    submitted by /u/MeAndThePipBoys
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat the game for the first time -on Switch!

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 09:07 PM PST

    I love this game. One of the top 3 greatest games I've ever played. It's up there with Ocarina of Time and FF7 for me. Still haven't played the DLC. I'm going to do that next of course. I have a long history with this game. I first got it when I was about 12 but it was way too difficult so I gave up. Flashforward 8 years later and I've finally beaten it. I took a lot of time off in between lol but it was worth it. Going to play DS 3 then Bloodborne next. Praise the sun.

    submitted by /u/So_Forlorn
    [link] [comments]

    Co-op Tips For Darksouls : Remastered

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 02:07 AM PST

    Just looking for tips and mods that could help make co-op easier?

    even if it just makes humanity infinite,

    Me and my friend just purchased Remastered and looking for the best possible way to play through with a complete coop experience any tips would be greatly appreciated

    submitted by /u/treatthegreat
    [link] [comments]

    Some of these areas scare the HELL outta me

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 03:32 AM PST

    So I'm on NG+ going over what I missed and I go to the painted world. And this place made my skin CRAWL. I had to literally step away for a bit just to calm down for a bit. The atmosphere is so creepy and think they did a good job on a rotted world but my god is it creepy.

    submitted by /u/SomeRandomRedditMan
    [link] [comments]

    I've never played a dark souls game

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 11:50 PM PST

    But I really would like to play the first Dark Souls. Watching all the walkthroughs I've been amazed by this game and I want to try it. The problem is, I only have a Switch, and at this point you probably know what I'm going to ask. I don't care if it's not a perfect remastered version, but what I want to ask it's if is it playable? How many frame drops there are, how many softlocks, the switch pro controller is good for this game... Questions like these. I really want to play it so bad!

    submitted by /u/Linkquellodivino
    [link] [comments]

    So glad I didn’t give up

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 08:47 PM PST

    This is my first playthrough, and to be honest, I almost gave up on the game the other night. I felt like I wasn't getting anywhere. I got stuck in Darkroot Garden and couldn't beat the Capra Demon. But finally, yesterday, I got him. From there, things started looking up.

    I decided to go back to Undead Asylum so I could get the peculiar doll and rusted iron ring. I died repeatedly to the Black Knight blocking the doll, but I pushed through and got him on probably the 7th or 8th try. He was the first Black Knight I killed in direct combat. The next one didn't seem so scary and beat him on my first attempt. I also eventually beat the Stray Demon.

    I then started on the Depths and unlocked pyromancy, which was super helpful for the Depths and a lot of fun. I came back tonight and got all the way through the Depths, even beating the Gaping Dragon on my first attempt. I then upgraded my Uchi to +7 and now I'm going to attempt the Moonlight Butterfly tomorrow.

    Anyway, just wanted to share that I think this game is really awesome and I'm so glad I didn't give up. I think this game has finally clicked for me and I can't wait to keep going. I suppose we'll see if I continue to do well haha.

    submitted by /u/MyNameIsMud0056
    [link] [comments]

    The second bonfire turned off.

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 08:18 PM PST

    Bassically, i have returned to the "main place" where all the NPC are, but the girl that keep the bonfire died.,so now there isn't bonfire, i did something wrong?

    submitted by /u/Geolindrag
    [link] [comments]

    Okay this might be a dumb question but, can you use the watchdog pvp mod in Remastered and not get online banned right?

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 01:02 AM PST

    What the title says mostly. I wanna pvp and coop a bunch again but dunno if I will run into any hackers (never did in my ds3 100% achivement carrieer run when I farmed dankmoon covenant but), I dont know how mutch hackers are there in DSR. The game just smells like one thats made for hackers.

    submitted by /u/raszota
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat Kalameet!

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 04:17 PM PST

    After a hard few days of trying I finally beat Kalameet and completed the dlc (that I took two years to get around to). His fight was made harder by the fact that I had to use an old character from before I knew not to level resistance, I had to do this on NG+ since I didn't do the dlc beforehand, and as a cherry on top I was a pyromancer fighting a dragon. I ended up having to use the red tear stone ring and avoid taking damage the entire fight or I'd get instakilled. However, I finally managed to squeeze by with the victory and defeat the only boss in both ds and ds3 I had yet to beat.

    submitted by /u/brickhammer04
    [link] [comments]

    pvp damage cap?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 07:56 PM PST

    i'm fighting this gravelord servant using power within and a fully upgraded raw halberd. until i fully upgraded my halbert, i was able to do massive damage in pvp when combined with power within. but now that i've upgraded it, i do zero damage when i get a direct hit. it makes the sound effect and everything, EXCEPT the damage! can anybody explain?

    submitted by /u/Biggie_the_Cheese
    [link] [comments]

    PC Magic Controls

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 04:31 AM PST

    Hello! I'm planning to go for a sorcerer or a pyromancer build for my next playthrough, but I don't know how to switch between spells. I play using mouse and keyboard. I hope you guys can help me. Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/chxtxr18
    [link] [comments]

    I met Gwynevere, and wow. Blessed

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 11:38 AM PST

    Gwynevere. Just, wow. I appreciate all the heads-up messages. "Amazing chest ahead."

    submitted by /u/SammNic_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment