• Breaking News

    Monday, December 21, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 10:12 PM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!

    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    TIL Mytha's boss arena has a beautiful painted ceiling

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 04:30 AM PST

    Screenshot

    It really gives off the feeling that Earthern Peak was once a beautiful palace before Mytha's obsession turned it all rotted.

    I actually found out about this because of the super unique ceiling in the Undead Crypt, in the large area right before the boss. It made me realise I never really look up.

    submitted by /u/janiekh
    [link] [comments]

    Darkdiver Grandahl can be petrified

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 03:08 AM PST

    (I'm writing this since I don't see it in any wiki)

    Now, I know it's wrong to attack good ol' Darkdiver (since he's in a wheelchair and everything), but I was doing a cleric faith only build and ain't no dark pacts in that.

    So I proceeded to kill Darkdiver in Shaded woods, since I had the easiest access, and you know, since I'm a healthy cleric with plenty of Great Magic Barrier, stick around a bit to see how exactly he attacks.Ironically he uses only miracles, but in this fight (if we can call it like that) for some reason he got stuck in a corner, and falled over to the pools of acid with basilics.The acid pool didn't do anything to him as expected, and the basilisk just ignored him.Pretty normal stuff at the moment.

    Then I proceed to fall down too, and the basilisk targeted me, and here the surprises began. While Darkdiver doesn't target the basilisk, and neither does the Basilisk target him, Darkdiver hurts the Basilisk with his miracles, and to perform a test, I made the basilisk throw a cloud of gas in the direction of Darkdiver. The result was a instant kill with petrifying animation included. I expected him to be immune to that, since most npc are indeed resistant! (Rosabelth, Benhart...)

    So technically, with enough pacience and malice you could get a early kill without aggroing Darkidver for the best miracle chime in the game? Funny stuff.

    TL;DR: Althought they ignore each other, Darkdiver Grandahl can be petrified by the basilisks in shaded woods and can also damage them with his miracles.

    P.D: I will try to add a youtube link. No promises tho since it's 3 hours of video

    submitted by /u/Slav_knight
    [link] [comments]

    Curse the Statues is Black Gulch...

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 12:09 PM PST

    The wiki says they won't respawn, but I've got to smash them every time I rest at the bonfire. I will prevail soon I'm sure, but am I missing something?? Maybe they changed that mechanic for SotFS?

    submitted by /u/AceTrainerQ
    [link] [comments]

    To parry the Pursuer and get him with the crossbow is the most satisfying feeling.

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 08:08 AM PST

    It was a few months ago but I managed to do it on screen cap and haven't been able to ever pull it off as good, these situations make the game so godly, Even though I'm trash most of the time I'm reminded that you're in complete control so long as you reflexes are up for it pursuer parry

    submitted by /u/SkettiSempai
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat aldia for the 100th time

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 12:28 AM PST

    Now I'm sad again. The lore, the music, the ending... It all gets to me. I wish we had ds2 II.

    submitted by /u/Sting380
    [link] [comments]

    Alonne Knights

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 10:00 AM PST

    I am in my first play-through of DS2 and i am enjoying it however i have noticed a-lot of areas fall short due to prolonged paths, recycled enemies and bosses and all round bad level design. I have not yet finished by first play-through of DS2 so i can not give a game review, however can we briefly talk about the fucking Alonne Knights.

    Not only are the enemies placed in such a generic way but they are so fucking fast thus leaving me no time to prepare to go against them. As well as this they can seem to hear me from the other side of Iron Keep as when i am fighting one a massive heard of them appear behind me and unexpectedly fuck me in the ass.

    I do not find them particularly hard but they are extremely frustrating as to get to the Smelter Demon or Old Iron King you have to traverse through areas with many of these cocksuckers waiting to pounce as well as the Ironclad Soldiers who are waiting at the worst possible locations. You may say why do you not play more tactical and i do like to plan out my paths and when there are particularly tricky enemies and aggro one at a time however i cant do this as all of the Knights seem to aggro at the same time.

    I had loved DS1 and 3 and i am very much enjoying DS2 however there are just some qualities of this game that let it down, and i understand it is due to the detachment of Miyazaki.

    submitted by /u/Mini_Topel
    [link] [comments]

    To the good soul who helped me beat Fume Knight

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 07:14 AM PST

    Thank you, I was almost out of amber.

    Bless you, kind Hexes mage

    submitted by /u/flumul
    [link] [comments]

    An observation I made in Dark Souls 2 today: The LoD changes with the resolution

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 06:59 AM PST

    I noticed that Dark Souls 2 changes LoD with the resolution, so I took screenshots of the same view of Majula with different resolutions and made clips that highlight the LoD changes with every increase in resolution.

    https://imgur.com/a/poIMj8M

    there are also a few more sublte differences, like slight changes in geometry on rocks, brickwork and draw distance of grass.

    I saw no additional LoD changes between 4320p and 5760p

    submitted by /u/EVPointMaster
    [link] [comments]

    Will It run?

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 11:41 AM PST

    Hello guys i have an Intel i5 6200u Intel HD graphics 520 8gb ram Will It run dark souls 2 i don't care about graphics and stuff If It run at 20 fps in low i'm already happy

    submitted by /u/jonhmasterbr1212
    [link] [comments]

    Beginner to the game and series

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 11:28 AM PST

    Hey I started from dark souls 2 and was aware of difficulty when buying. But I progress so slow in the game. I haven't encountered any bosses I've entered first area,majula, heides tower and forest of the something. I die like 15 times just to explore a little part of an area. Where do I know which enemies should I try to kill?I tried both ignoring enemies because there are too many of them usually and attacking but I die anyways. And I don't know where to go, is this game meant to be played die like 50 times to explore one area completely or am I doing something wrong? I have so many questions

    submitted by /u/DerthertDeyMeroc
    [link] [comments]

    A quiet empty world: First thoughts and some advise

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 11:23 AM PST

    So I have embarked on a quest of epic proportions. To eliminate all aggressive npc's off the face of the world of dark souls.

    I am not using bonfire astetics, because I want to see what level I reach before hand.

    So far I have completely despawned things betwixt, and forest of the fallen giants. Things of note in things betwixt I did kill the pursuer, and shriek and fiona ogers. And I lit all the torches and took out the invader npc.i have no clear the salamander pit, I do not have the key, or the cat ring, and for all my level, I still have starter weapons and gear. Yes upgraded but only as much as you can due to limited access to resources. I have killed the last giant, and the actual pursuer boss, and even got the giant under boar in majula.

    I am after all of that, now level 75, and 14 1/2 hours deep. Heading to heides tower now.

    Thoughts, its so boring. You can do full large loops to clear each respawn, but it takes forever, so breaking it down into sections is your best approach.

    You will die. A lot. From stupid shit like target lock moving on its own, falling off a cliff, whatever lol. Be sure to get your souls back.

    Buy the brach asap, and the silver ring, you will get more souls. Better bang for your buck.

    You will get bored, you will get impatient. Your a mindless murder machine wiping out an entire civilization of undead all by your lonesome. Its gonna take a while. Be sure you have a few different weapons to keep things from getting stale.

    submitted by /u/Reasonable_Fight
    [link] [comments]

    Does the NG\bonfire ascetic affect summoning?

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 06:30 AM PST

    I was thinking about burning an ascetic at the bonfire before lost sinner, so I can make the chaos blade. However, will people with lower bonfire intensity be able to summon me, assuming they have similar SM? I'm using this character mainly for co-op and I have a fairly low SM right now, so if summoning is tied to bonfire intensity, it would severely limit my summoning rate there. It's not a big deal, I can just place my sign in some other area, but I'd rather not waste my time if this is the case.

    submitted by /u/dragosconst
    [link] [comments]

    Beat Fume Knight First Try

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 10:13 AM PST

    Was surprised by how easy he was given that It took 3 tries for Blue smelter demon and like 3 for Sir Alonne.

    submitted by /u/Altruistic_Car_9214
    [link] [comments]

    First run, prepping for NG+ (Lvl 189 now)

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 01:50 PM PST

    Currently have 1,038,619 souls. 62 int, 34 faith. Sorcery based. Now using a mix of sorcerers, great lightning spear, and pryromancys as my dark flame is plus 10. Using a +10 rapier with damage infusion. And a a lighting foot solid sword +10. Any suggestions before I start new game plus? Is there a better chime for the one miracle I use? Currently using priests chime. Feel free to add on 360 GT:XxxTic x ToxXxx

    submitted by /u/Deesh_12
    [link] [comments]

    Don't understand the hate this game gets

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 07:48 AM PST

    Honestly I'm playing through dark souls 3 right now and I gotta say ds2 is a way better game. People told me ds2 was really cheap and what not but I just feel that way towards ds3 tbh. Ds3 makes me miss this game so much. Can't wait to finish ds3 to start my ng+ on ds2

    submitted by /u/choppamandown
    [link] [comments]

    I've been wanting to get Dark souls 2 but I'm a bit scared when you loose health when you die.

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 01:08 AM PST

    Is there anyway to fix this issue, because I loved Dark Souls 1 and 3, but I've always tried to ignore the second one because of the health system, i don't want to loose health when I die. Is there any fix for this?

    submitted by /u/hara0329g
    [link] [comments]

    Is Heides Tower supposed to be this challenging? Not sure where to go next...

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 01:23 PM PST

    Im on my first playhthrough after probly 80 hours on DS remastered and i am trying to go in as blind as possible, so trying to avoid guides or spoilers because my favorite part of DS1 was being oblivious lol. I just beat the dragon rider and found the cave for No Man's Wharf. I figured I would go the other route now and saw the dragon on the bridge. Problem is, I am getting pretty wrecked now that the white knights are aggro. I have a +3 bastard sword, Drangelic shield and using medium armor (falconer chest, leather legs and arms) so I can roll and I am just getting annihilated. 1v1 I can take them all, but it takes a lot to kill the white knights.

    I am lvl 53, 25 str, 12 dex, 15 vigor and 13 end. Adp is 20.

    I got the Demons Great Hammer from the nest (thus the 25 str) but found it too heavy and I prefer mobility so switched to bastard sword and shield. I have beaten the pursuer and the giant, wondering if I should go Lost Bastille or No Man's Wharf and level up and get better a bit before going after the dragon side.

    Also, do the old knigjts/ white knights keep responding? I've cleared a few areas in the Forest of Giants but I feel like I've killed these guys 15-20+ times and they still remain.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ElfInTheMachine
    [link] [comments]

    I need the community's git gud energy

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 12:35 PM PST

    Going to attempt Horse **** Valley.

    submitted by /u/Altruistic_Car_9214
    [link] [comments]

    So I’m playing DS2 for the first time and trying to kill all bosses and I need help

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 08:42 AM PST

    DS2

    Where should I be going now? I want to kill all bosses, yellow circles mean which I have killed

    submitted by /u/shadows67-
    [link] [comments]

    Game suddenly at a very low frame rate

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 12:16 PM PST

    Friends game was at a clean 60fps, but today when we booted up the game to play, his game was at like 10 fps no matter the graphics settings. How do I fix this

    submitted by /u/umbojug
    [link] [comments]

    The strange balance of magic in this game...

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 02:20 AM PST

    Magic is far better than DS1 in terms of balance. Rather than trivialising much of the game, for the most part, only bosses are made easier, and some parts are harder. My problem with it's balance though, is largely in 2 parts 1) early game miracles are awful and 2) arbitrary enemy resistances.The balance of miracles has been discussed before, but it's very strange, for example, that Great Heal has the same number of casts as Heal, and that Lightning Spear as so few while late-game offensive miracles can be pretty decent. Sorcery imo is well-balanced and Hexes are decently balanced in this regard.

    But there is a second problem. Some enemies may have low resistance or even weakness to magic, but are resistant to hex/miracle/sorcery. This makes no sense imo, and it feels wrong. The degree of these resistances is often ridiculous too - the odd enemy like the Lion Warrior is fine, but sometimes it's laughable. For example, Pursuer appears resistant to Lightning Spear, but weak to Gold Pine Resin. Why? If magic is too powerful against bosses, find another less frustrating way to balance it. A way I thought of, for example, would be to cap all sorceries, hexes and miracles at 50% max casts during boss fights; eg if I have 60 casts of Soul Arrow I enter the boss room with a maximum of 30, regardless of how few I used on the way there.

    This reaches it's absolute worst in the DLC areas. Having obtained the King's Ring on 3 builds (pure sorcerer, powerstancing curved swords, and ultra greatsword) and playing through the DLCs on all of them, I gave up on my sorcerer build and just progressed to NG+ - the enemies took barely any damage, even from Soul Spear. On my other two builds, it's not easy, but it's very fun and feels like an extension of the main game. I cannot understand why they did this. Maybe giving the enemies a little magic resistance would be fine, but even that doesn't appear to be the case, as the Aromatic Ooze causes my Warped Sword to absolutely wreck the enemies and my +4 Pursuer's Ultra Greatsword to usually one-shot them with the basic attack (in Shulva, Sanctum City, haven't got far in the other DLCs yet).

    submitted by /u/SmuJamesB
    [link] [comments]

    Ds2 wiki is kinda dumb

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 11:58 AM PST

    Helpful but sometime it's annoying to found out that you need to do something else or helpful info that the wiki doesn't put on the page, like getting a dlc summon for aava, doesn't tell me that I had to have an item to summon them, and I tried to go get the heide knight iron mask and the wiki said that on SOTFS its a GUARANTEED DROP, but it doesn't tell you that it's a GUARANTEED DROP of any piece of the heide knight in the gutter and that the helm isn't a guaranteed drop from the knight.

    submitted by /u/TheUnHolyBreadBaker
    [link] [comments]

    I want to be able to hit for 1 damage. How can i do that?

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 03:48 AM PST

    Broken thief sword +0?

    Which starting class/weapon/etc do i need to be able to inflict 1 damage on vendrick.

    Goal is a kill, which will be done in a single session.

    I've done midir twice with the lowest possible ar you can achieve in ds3. Regular new game kill took me 10 hours. New game +7 version 13. Both of these kills were done in a singular session.

    I am now done with ds3. I wont do any challenges for this game anymore, so i want to move on to ds2.

    Im looking for fights which are just as long. At some point i want to go for 16 hours.

    Vendrick will be a practice session. I want to be able to inflict the lowest possible damage onto him, whilst also making the kill possible.

    I want to fight him without giant souls, base attack power of course.

    submitted by /u/jowit2
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment