• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 5, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 10:07 PM PST

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Kinda looks like Ryan Reynolds.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 10:13 AM PST

    Hello all, is Dark Souls I worth starting in 2020?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 10:37 PM PST

    So I really love the look of FromSoftware games and would love to play them. So I'm wondering if I should play them in proper order. I own Dark Souls III and started playing it, but I'm worried that I am missing out from earlier games. Any help and advice is greatly appreciated, like cool tips and the like #lol

    submitted by /u/Matt_in_together
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat Quelaag while cursed!!!

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 03:12 AM PST

    I was dumb got cursed in the great hollow before fighting quelaag. I didn't have purple moss or a purging stone, it was either fight her or go up through the waterwheel, get a purging stone and go back through blight town. After many failed attempts, getting some nice red armor and a dragon shield, waiting for my poison to run out before fighting her each fucking time I finally beat her. This is currently the furthest I've ever been in this game after stopping so many times. I will finally beat this game if its the last thing I do. Oh and I was stuck on her for 8 in game hours lmao.

    submitted by /u/POLLnarafu
    [link] [comments]

    I've done it.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 10:53 PM PST

    I've finally done it. I've beaten the game. When I was younger I got it on the ps3 and I didn't enjoy it so I returned it. After watching the act mans video, I was inspired to play again because he said the people that quit go hollow. I got it like 3 weeks ago and I played practically nonstop. I beat the final boss and went into NG plus which suprised me it just throws you in. (I went with Framptf so I dont know if its different) I'm planning on getting bloodborne next because I know hardly anything about it, which is something I regret with my playthrough. I also barely know anything about sekiro, but bloodborne interest me more and if I want a samurai souls I have nioh. If for what ever reason bloodborne is bad coming straight off of dark souls. (Dont spoil too much

    submitted by /u/FortniteAirlines
    [link] [comments]

    Solaire Doodle on a piece of Cinder (OC)

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 11:57 AM PST

    http://imgur.com/gallery/NMO5f8G

    "... If only I could be so grossly incandescent!"

    The pose was based on art I found on Google, though I managed to find the creator- @Elinho on Amino.

    I went through Dark Souls recently. It was a friend and source of inspiration for after hours. I'd like to make a post about my experience sometime.

    I plan on making more of these traditional pieces on wooden boards. I do have a leather burn-tool, which i reckon would be fairly similar to one for wood, if not a bit of a different voltage. I do like the simple pen-ink on the wood, though. I'll experiment as I go.

    Consider checking out my Patreon for more of my art, crafts, my graphic novel, and other various projects. (Link in profile bio) (Instagram : @Madland.Dreamer.Workshop)

    submitted by /u/the_madland_dreamer
    [link] [comments]

    Humanity scalding explained

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 02:39 AM PST

    Okay so I got the abyss sword today and I absolutely love the move set it's identical to aurtorias move set which is dope of course but I am also wondering if any one here could explain weapon scaling to me preferably humanity scaling

    submitted by /u/Breadcrumbs881
    [link] [comments]

    Should I skip Dark Souls 2 and play Dark Souls 3?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 06:43 PM PST

    I recently finished Dark Souls Remastered and I was wondering if I should play Darks Souls 3 instead if Dark Souls 2. I heard that Dark Souls 2 wasn't a very good game and that Dark Souls 3 is better. Which game should I buy?

    submitted by /u/CheezyChezit
    [link] [comments]

    Including the obvious (and not-obvious) stuff, what are some anime-ish/anime-inspired aspects of the soulsborne series?

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 03:31 AM PST

    One that I noticed is that the people that let you level up (except in DS1) are sexy (but disabled) waifus

    submitted by /u/SuperAlloyBerserker
    [link] [comments]

    Is it normal to struggle with Lautrec's crew and the 2 Miracle Iron Knights more than I did Ornstein and Smough?

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 03:26 AM PST

    For frame of reference, I'm well aware of the reputation these 2 possess and I'm the kind of player who aggressively rations resources so I made sure to hold onto some humanity so I could summon Solaire for the fight. However I will note that even before the fight I died about 3 times trying to kill Lautrec because of his soul arrow spamming boyfriend and I battled the Iron Knight Priests for about 20 minutes because they kept casting god's wrath and healing.

    Anyway after defeating those guys rather than go to the Bonfire to the Iron Giants can respawn I opt to battle these guys with my remaining resources (5 estus refills) and Solaire at my side and to my surprise the fight went pretty damn smoothly as Solaire did a great job not just baiting out their attacks but also did decent damage to Ornstein before he ended up dying. Another odd thing was that people recommended I face Super Smough rather than Super Ornstein and I'm honestly not sure why if you can get under him the only attack he has that can his you is his ground point which is easy to dodge, not to mention if you have halfway decent stamina and a 100% physical reduction shield none of his attacks are touching you.

    Maybe I over prepared but I thought I was gonna die a few times before besting these guys or maybe I'm missing something.

    submitted by /u/Adam_The_Actor
    [link] [comments]

    Geralt Build

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 10:46 PM PST

    I made a geralt build, it's been great. Somehow had the easiest run against the dreaded Anor Londo archers with no shield than I ever have with my like 10 other playthroughs with shields. Anyways I've come to a philosophical dilemma of sorts now. Would Geralt take the path of the dark with Kaath or reignite the flame with Frampt? Need some insight

    submitted by /u/SunBroAshitaka
    [link] [comments]

    1st Blind DS1 run experience

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 12:01 AM PST

    So after beating the bell gargoyles I ended up somehow reaching the blacksmith before anything else killing the demon below him and proceeding into darkroot basin honestly thinking this is the way you go 😂 I killed the big moon moth somehow ended up killing the Capra after running around like a headless chicken for hours exploring everything found fatman havel and killed him saw a hydra while fighting havel, killed that after falling into nothing 100s of times, ran around exploring for days even went back to kill the stray demon in first zone with alot of luck (actually fell off the elevator onto the firelink pillars so i could see my giant ravens nest up top) then decided I didn't think I was going about it the right way so googled what todo after the first bell and someone had said you go near where Mr praise the sun is and theres a basement to head down, finally after what feels like forever I found some new area The depths, found myself a bonfire, full of feral rats and slimes I made my way down even fell through a few holes found a evil ring and got cursed by a bunch of green croaking cunts, now it's said I need a purging stone but I need some undead merchant that I'm not even sure I've met yet can someone let me know if I'm headed in the right direction or if there is even a right direction ive been playing for atleast 40+ hours,, 🥶

    submitted by /u/cynicalfox113
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Prepare To Workout Edition

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 02:49 PM PST

    Hi, guys 🙂

    So, I've been a member of this group from a long time ago, however I don't tend to post at all.

    I just want to get this out of my chest and share it with y'all: I've been really struggling with anxiety last couple of months, due to COVID-19 pandemic, lockdown, work, etc., so my girlfriend (who's also a psychologist), is helping me to get back in track for working out (I left it since I don't feel too well) with this great idea to link my favorites video games with exercise. I loved the idea, so the first series that came to the top of my mind were our beloved Soulsborne series.

    So, here it is, I tried to make it somehow structured with calm songs for the warm up, more intense songs at the middle struggle, and of course some final bosses scores for the end. I know, I know, when it comes to these precious pieces of art, everyone will have a song that would love specially including.

    Also a little dynamic for the workout is to ask yourself, how does a DS, Bloodborne, Bloodborne character should work out in order to sort all the challenges. For me it is strength and resistance 😛 in this one. The whole idea is to put other games into the mix for variety (for me Dark Souls: Strength and resistance, Spiderman: Flexibility and core, God of War: Full body weight exercise, FIFA: legs and cardio, The Witcher: Meditation and upper body strengthening).

    Also, if it can help any of you to get motivated as well, that would be great, if not, you can always create your own with your favorite scores/games n.n/

    Don't get yourself depressed, neither of us wants to see you go Hollow.

    Playlist

    submitted by /u/VolumeDelicious257
    [link] [comments]

    My friends first Dark souls kill was Solaire!!!!!

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 10:30 AM PST

    I have two kids in my neighbourhood one is 15 and other is 13 I am 20 , they both love gaming and we had just completed RDR 2 story (mostly watching and occasionaly handling controller when I have something to do), and they love to come home and just sit and be happy seeing me play. They never ask me to have them play, and often insist me to play and not give them controller. So, I don't mind, to be frank I enjoy there company and shouting. Today I invited them and I told them I was playing Dark Souls, apparently they knew what Dark souls is, said they watched some YouTube gamer or something. I am trying to beat O&S and we were really enjoying the game, after that i gave them the controller( To have some snacks ) and told them that this button does damage and this one is for "juice" (estus), and left them in Anor londo rooms they got killed by a knight and got spawned on Bonfire were Solaire sits in a roon in Anor Londo, I am in kitchen they shout they killed a "knight", I said great! Came back they told me the knight dropped something, I thought wow!! What the hell!! Is it Helbret? or knight sword what is it? They say it is a suit! Reality sunk in I took the damn controller and checked the inventory, it was my boy Solaire's armour and shit. I felt really bad and these two guys did not knew what to say kept playing and asked me to make that tricky jump from staircase to get to O&S faster as they are 100% sure they can kill them!!!!! RIP Solaire my boy will miss u.

    submitted by /u/strippyjewell
    [link] [comments]

    Aurtorias killed after 10 tries

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 07:27 PM PST

    Finally hit him after like a hour and a half of fighting him be warned he attacks mega fast and there's barely any openings

    submitted by /u/Breadcrumbs881
    [link] [comments]

    Remastered: the only new bonfire is in Catacombs... why?

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 04:11 AM PST

    Been playing Remastered, nearly all the changes were cosmetic or streamlining or more user friendly. That's fine. They want to keept the experience. But in one exception.

    The added bonfire in Catacombs by the blacksmith.

    And my question is why? And why only here?

    I figured it was a warts and all remaster- Izalith is still clearly unfinished, Bed of Chaos is still terrible, Anor Londo archers are still there, 4 Kings are still 5 Kings, enemies attack through walls, etc, etc. And thats fine.

    But... it isn't? By putting the bonfire by Vamos the game is objectively an easier experience- again, not a problem. But why here?

    Looking at bonfire-to-boss trips there are way, way worse. Sif has 8 burly guards and mushroom men. Ornstein has 3 knights, 2 giants and an archer. Gwyn has a linear path with 6 knights. Capra has 6 assassins and 6 dogs (or a longer boring trip through the aqueduct.) Bed of Chaos has lava, T Rexes, lizard statues, and you arguably HAVE to do that trip 3 times, at least. Hell, arguably Taurus demon, he has 12 zombies, which whist easy for a first boss and a new player is wiite a challenge.

    Patches-to-Pinwheel? Whilst yes, it's by no means easy. But using shortcuts (and killing the knight) you've only 3 skeletons and the wheely skeletons. The Blacksmith bonfire only bypasses the skeletons. So... why?

    Why not put a bonfire by Bed of Chaos? By Sifs door? Gwyns kiln? One of the cabins by Capra? The empty tower by Taurus? Why only here?

    If you're argument is 'Easy access to the Blacksmith,' then why doesn't the giant in Anor Londo get one?

    Just seems like an utterly bizarre change for no practical reason.

    submitted by /u/Blaxorus
    [link] [comments]

    I hate this game,

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 03:42 AM PST

    and I cannot stop playing. I picked up and put back this game a dozen times since I bought it last year for 10 bucks, I've never played a Dark Souls game before. It's horrible, unfair, cheap as fuck sometimes with enemies hiding and overall just annoying.

    But I woke up at 6am today because I just beat those asshole deacons at "deacons of the deep" and I want to see how this game is going to screw me next. I'm officially hooked on this series and love to hate it.

    submitted by /u/Bconz56
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls with Mods or Remastered?

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 03:37 AM PST

    So far, I have only played DS2 and 3 and have only enjoyed DS1's Undead Asylum on a friends 360 back in the day. I would like to fix that now.

    The question is: Would you rather suggest buying the original version on steam and adding mods or buying the Remastered version (which I would probably play on the PS4)?

    Edit: I should add, that my pc is quite old and has some issues, if that's a factor 😅

    submitted by /u/jiudad
    [link] [comments]

    Ash Lake is the creepiest and most ominous area in the game.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 09:14 PM PST

    The atmosphere, limitless black and murky body of water, the hydra and the music make this place terrifying for me.

    submitted by /u/LukeXDE
    [link] [comments]

    How long does it takes to get summoned in Dark Souls Remastered

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 06:13 PM PST

    Looking for people to play with on switch

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 02:50 AM PST

    Okay so I got ds1 remastered on switch around a week ago I'm loving the game so far and already have over 80 hours yes I have no life. But more importantly I was wondering if anyone wanted to play with me on switch if so just drop a friend code.

    submitted by /u/Breadcrumbs881
    [link] [comments]

    +6 shield help

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 10:57 PM PST

    I already gave the smith the large and very large ember yet there is no option to upgrade my black knight shield past +5. Can shields only go to +5? Nothing online is helping so here I am.

    submitted by /u/fireplace678
    [link] [comments]

    Offline problem update

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 08:32 PM PST

    I posted a bit ago about not being able to access online features and I didn't know what was the problem. Today when getting on i did notice that I was saving my game on cloud storage as that's the only option. However it says offline below it and I'm sure that's the problem. I don't know how to put it online, and I'm on an Xbox one x so I can't do anything 360 exclusive

    submitted by /u/Spoodermen1
    [link] [comments]

    So im on ng+ for the first time and just beat the taurus demon. Now there is this floating semi transparent item bag where he died that keeps giving me 1500 souls...is this a thing? (Im offline)

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 06:16 PM PST

    Now it stopped giving me souls about aix times on but lets me continue picking up items...even though it doesnt say what im picking up.

    submitted by /u/hafsies
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment