• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 26, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 10:06 PM PST

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I decided this was the year to introduce my 15 year old sister to Dark Souls... with incredible results

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 10:21 AM PST

    For some context, Dark Souls is one of my favourite games of all time. My sister used to watch me play it a few years ago before I moved out but was too young to play. Anyway my folks bought her a Switch earlier this year. I decided this was the Christmas for her initiation to Lordran and the Soulsborne series.

    Anyway, it's afternoon on Christmas Day and we've got a bit of time before the meal so my sister asks if I want to fire it up. I crack a beer and settle in to watch her first foray into Lordran. She usually plays Animal Crossing or Pokemon so I assumed she'd struggle a lot in her first playthrough (more so than I did). Nothing could be further from the truth.

    She navigated through the Undead Asylum easily (nothing special there) and came to the Asylum Demon. "Ok", I thought, "the real game starts here." Obviously the Asylum Demon isn't the toughest but can be tricky for the uninitiated. She dropped down, did a plunging attack and swung at him with her dagger (she chose the Thief set). I watched smugly, expecting her to get decked by his first attack. When he swung his weapon, she perfectly dodged and strafed round to his arse. Repeat a few times and he's down on the first try.

    She struggled a bit more when it came to finding her way in Firelink Shrine but, after a few ill-fated trips to New Londo Ruins and the Catacombs, she arrived at the Undead Burg. I can't help but feel proud as I watch her play! Her natural cautious, meticulous play style is perfectly suited to Dark Souls. I expected to have to guide her through it but she's luring our enemies one by one, using her shield when entering new areas and dodging with aplomb.

    It's really made me remember why I love Dark Souls. It's such an amazing game and playing it vicariously through someone else is just as much fun as my first playthrough.

    Merry Christmas chosen undeads!

    submitted by /u/dyltheflash
    [link] [comments]

    Hello there. You haven't gone Hollow, have you?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 01:04 AM PST

    Sometimes the game just isn't fair. Are those dogs and thieves giving you a hard time? Maybe the toxic darts keep hitting you? Or is Ornstein and Smough too much right now?

    It's okay, Chosen Undead. It is your purpose to slay everything in your way, and succeed the Great Lord Gwyn. You alone were chosen for this great pilgrimage, because there was great promise and optimism in you. You already broke out of the Asylum, that may or may not have been a challenge. And if you haven't yet, then don't lose hope! Every challenge can be overcome, every monster can be slain, and every accomplishment can be yours. So don't give up, yet. Don't become one of those mindless Undead who have also given up.

    We believe in you. You can do it. You will never truly Hollow, because as long as you have purpose, death will never truly stop you. Stay safe friend, and keep trying. Don't you dare go Hollow.

    submitted by /u/Euridious
    [link] [comments]

    Holy balls I just beat the bell gargoyles on my broken sword run.

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 05:18 AM PST

    4 deaths, fight took me like 5 minutes. Am I gud yet bitches?!

    Edit: oh yeah I forgot to mention it was also naked and no blocking

    Edit: Quelaag done!

    submitted by /u/Private_Donut_
    [link] [comments]

    Everyone spam "Do It " on this . Because my sister wont play dark souls because "Only one person supports it". So tell her to Do it

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 10:46 PM PST

    Trying to get her to play it. Edit: I'll Update you guys as soon as she plays it.

    submitted by /u/havaltherock
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat Ornstein and Smough without summoning after so many damn attempts! I know some of you guys don’t care, but as this is my first ever time playing Dark Souls, I feel so accomplished.

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 05:48 PM PST

    Side question though. Where do I get Ornstein's armor? He didn't drop it at all. Only dropped some humanity and his soul.

    submitted by /u/RecentDegree64
    [link] [comments]

    Got this for Christmas and I'm really not feeling it...

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 11:33 PM PST

    I've honestly been debating this for a long time, because I had a feeling someone would be gifting me a Switch eshop card for Christmas and I was trying to pick something to use it on. I love Hollow Knight and Blasphemous so I thought this was a no-brainer.

    Anyway, I just played for about an hour. I beat the Asyluk Demon and flew on the crow to Lordran and started to run around an explore for a bit, and I just...I don't know...I know it's early but it's not doing it for me. I don't like the feel of it and I don't like the menus and I'm really intimidated by the item and stat management. I think I'm maybe more of a casual gamer than I thought.

    Anyway, if I have any chance of getting my money back for this, I'm going to have to act fast since Nintendo doesn't really do returns. If I'm this hesitant about the look and feel of the game, is it a safe bet I'm not going to like it? Or should I stick with it for a while and ruin my chance at a refund?

    submitted by /u/lionsagechisel
    [link] [comments]

    I wouldn’t normally get excited about a doormat but...

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 09:49 AM PST

    why do the skeletons at firelink shrine do so much damage

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 07:44 PM PST

    is there a way to try to better fight the skeletons, because as soon as I get hit by them I lose a quarter of my health

    submitted by /u/Y0ImaP0tat0
    [link] [comments]

    Gwyn

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 07:27 PM PST

    Is this a glitch? Lautrec wasn’t in his cell. Then after killing Gargoyles, I go to Firelink and Firekeeper’s already dead.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 02:59 AM PST

    The only thing I did different this run was an early trip to Blighttown to get the Great Club, and snagged the Firekeeper Soul on the way.

    Every other time I've played this game, when I went to Lautrec's cell before killing Gargoyles, he was always there for me to set free. But suddenly this playthrough he's a shadow assassin who's one step ahead of me? What causes this?

    submitted by /u/tenamonth
    [link] [comments]

    I need some help with the dragon in the undead parish in Dark Souls 1.

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 09:46 PM PST

    How do I get past it? Every time I run at it it just burns me to a crisp.

    submitted by /u/shronkey69
    [link] [comments]

    How to upgrade longsword past +5?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 09:32 PM PST

    I'm at Andre the Blacksmith. I have a +5 Longsword and large titanite shards. I gave Andre the Large Ember.

    I selected "modify equipment" and the only option I'm seeing is ascending the Longsword to a Divine Longsword. I'm not seeing an "upgrade to +6" option.

    What am I missing? Thanks.

    Edit: I gave him something that I assume was the large Ember. Is it possible that I gave him something else? Any way to check?

    submitted by /u/daskrip
    [link] [comments]

    Smough, Ornstein, and mini Onion for Christmas :)

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 10:55 AM PST

    So far, DS1 is... surprisingly easy.

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 10:55 PM PST

    DS3, was my first Souls game. The only bosses I couldn't get past without help were Lothric and Lorian, and the Soul of Cinder. They were extremely hard, but I got past all the other main story bosses by myself. As far as I've heard, DS3 is supposedly the easiest.

    Onto DS1. The fighting seems slower than DS3, at least against humanoid enemies. This threw me off, as I wasn't used to waiting 20 years for a spear hollow to attack. And I forgot the controls to kick, so that doesn't help at all. The Abyssal demon killed me twice before I knew what to do for him. After that, I killed him very quickly. Compared to Iudex Gundyr, he was extremely easy. Gundyr took me 7 attempts.

    Now the second boss, the Taurus Demon. I beat that one first try after using my last three Estus and popping 4 humanities. Compared to Vordt, which took me 13 attempts, he was extremely easy.

    I'm not that far, but so far, it seems way too easy for what I heard. The iron bull killed me 4 times, more than both bosses. I still have yet to kill it, but I don't think I will. I'm about to try out DS2, and I've heard it's the hardest. Hopefully, I don't go hollow and give up. Merry Christmas.

    submitted by /u/Crossbones2276
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to beat this game on a crappy laptop?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 08:35 PM PST

    I got this game and I am having trouble with some enemies on the asylum because I cant dodge or roll properly. Sometimes, I get lag spikes. For those who also played this game on a cheap laptop like me, have you ever beaten this game?

    Here are my laptop's specs: Windows 7 32bit 4gb ram 256gb space

    submitted by /u/jeffreygorne2
    [link] [comments]

    Accidentally attacked catacombs NPC

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 03:44 AM PST

    I was running from some skeletons in the catacombs and found an NPC next to the lever. Skeletons climbed up the ladder. I smacked them in the schnozz along with the NPC. Is he important? Can I just kill him?

    submitted by /u/whebehbesh
    [link] [comments]

    i made it through hell aka sens fortress

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 02:41 PM PST

    i didnt think i was gonna make it but i DID after a million tries

    submitted by /u/VibeMaster69
    [link] [comments]

    Nazgul build

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 09:44 PM PST

    Which ring would be most like a ring of power given to men. Something that makes the character more powerful but also has a negative effect of some kind. An attachment maybe. Can be spell rings, the witch king of angmar can use black magic, I will be using dark sorceries

    submitted by /u/SunBroAshitaka
    [link] [comments]

    Pvp

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 03:38 AM PST

    Add me on ps3 albert12cu and let's do some pvp

    submitted by /u/dark_souls_fan123
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished my first SL1

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 03:15 AM PST

    I knew it was going to be a difficult run, but it ended up not being so in the way I had initially expected, the bosses in some most were easier than in just a standard casual playthrough. (Save for Manus and Gwyn). This was at conflict with what I was expecting, as well as the fact that the run-of-the-mill hollow seemed so much more difficult than any run prior, a theme that held true through out. My spirit would be crushed on occasion by the brutally tough enemies for the area boss to be over in a second. I feel like I've both cheated and been cheated by using pyromancy in the run.

    submitted by /u/TheBigMcNutt12
    [link] [comments]

    Why do people like different dark souls games?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 11:04 PM PST

    I don't think I'm the only person who thinks this but I much prefer dark souls 1 and dark souls 2 over dark souls 3. Why do you think some people prefer certain games in the series? Dark souls 3 is the only souls borne game I genuinely dislike and do not enjoy playing. But, I do not think that dark souls 3 is a bad game either. In fact, I think, overall, its got more focused and polished gameplay to 1 and 2. I just don't enjoy dark souls 3. Why do you think people who enjoy certain souls games don't enjoy other souls games?

    submitted by /u/Slimie2
    [link] [comments]

    Does dark soul have co-op in mission?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 02:48 AM PST

    The game is on sale and I'm trying to decide whether to buy it.

    Full disclosure that I'm a complete noob at souls game. I've only played Nioh and found it wayy too hard to play solo, so I always coop with random people which makes thing a lot more fun for me.

    That's why the deciding factor is whether dark souls (all 3 games) have coops so I can play through missions with someone.

    In Nioh it's pretty dead and it takes a long time to find someone. Wondering how active DS is?

    submitted by /u/snkhuong
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment