• Breaking News

    Friday, December 25, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 10:09 PM PST

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Is Blue Smelter Demond optional?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 10:10 AM PST

    I think the boss is fun, but I'll be quitting the game if it's mandatory. Won't run through Iron Passage again.

    Will not killing him make the Fume night harder?

    submitted by /u/elijahhoward
    [link] [comments]

    I beat the game

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 02:53 AM PST

    After about 60 hours I finally beat the game I was a bit disappointed in the final boss though there wasn't much challenge I beat nashandra in my first go and the throne defender and throne watcher on my second (because they revived each other every Time I got close to finally defeating them both)

    submitted by /u/Gayapricot69420
    [link] [comments]

    The club is the greatest

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 04:12 PM PST

    Not large club or great club. But the club. Usually the starter weapon for deprived. It is hands down the best weapon in the game.

    There is nothing better than beating all these heavily armed and armored knights with a stick. They come at you with magic? The club smacks some sense into them. They block with a shield, the club crushes all defenses. They throw monsters at you? The club beats them into hamburger.

    The club is how you get up close and personal with your enemies. The club allows them to see the power in your eyes as you repeatedly bring a solid oak branch down on their heads. The club allows your inner caveman to express itself fully!

    Your club breaks? That's okay, you always have a handy SECOND or THIRD club at the ready. Some clubs are so powerful, they may have gained magic powers like hitting so hard flames explode forth. Which is amazing since fire and wood are excellent for cooking the remains of your enemies over. And enticing attractive ladies over to visit. The ladies love a big fire. And they love your club.

    So sally forth with your club today!

    The club

    submitted by /u/Reasonable_Fight
    [link] [comments]

    100% all 3 Dark Souls as of yesterday

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 12:30 PM PST

    I finally got there. One of my proudest achievements for sure. There were some low points, but I enjoyed each game in its own way.

    DS2 was my last one. I enjoyed many areas and some of the bosses, especially Fume Knight, but I will say the Soul Memory idea, as well as some irritating design choices, made this one feel more like a chore than.the other two. Still a fun game!

    submitted by /u/StagOfBaratheon
    [link] [comments]

    Difficulty of SOTFS versus Dark Souls

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 10:50 PM PST

    So after owning the original I got the remastered edition of DS1 a few months back (around August) and finished the game, I loved it so much I ended up creating a ton of different builds and getting the platinum. And with that I decided I was going to try to platinum all of the souls games. I started off next with SOTFS about a month ago and just finished the DLC's. I've also killed off dark lurker and all of the bosses in the main game save the final boss as I'm trying to do as much as possible before I move into NG+.

    I needed to discuss the difficulty spike though, I made it through the original after learning the ropes without too much problem and only really started struggling with boss fights around NG++++ but with SOTFS I have had many bosses were I got stuck for a few hours. And the DLC bosses in particular, especially the optional ones, the Blue Smelter, Gank Squad, and the frozen outskirts are killer. In addition I think I died to the Fume Knight a good 20 times before I finally got him, even Vendrick took like 5 attempts. And now I see the requirements to get the last spells for platinum and it's a crazy wall. I really thought the games got "easier" after the original lol.

    Also I fucked up lucatiel's quest line because I tried my best to go in blind for the first play through (though now at the end I've been looking things up to see what I was missing). But in general I do think NPC quests are easier in SOTFS, or at least easier to find and follow (I'm looking at you Solaire and Siegmeyer)

    But I have to say I am loving the game a lot and look forward to posting a platinum in a while, the last few look like they will take awhile (Miracles, Spells, and Pyromancy's) looks like NG++ before I'll get it. So don't you dare go hollow and happy holidays!

    submitted by /u/Schwermbo
    [link] [comments]

    dark souls 2 without weapons

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 11:47 AM PST

    just finished ds2 without weapons, i farm the company of champions for the vanquisher's seal, and look for the flynn's ring and ready, there you have the hand naked build xd

    ---------------------------spoiler--------------------------------------

    pic1 pic2 pic3 pic4 pic5 pic6

    btw do u guys dont think that is weird that nashandra wanted that we join the dark and we kill her, then we have the option of the dark so we kill her without reason xD, anyways she is a mf, i feel sorry for vendrick

    submitted by /u/XxNoobLord69xX
    [link] [comments]

    I tested my mouse input lag at Dark Souls 2 SOTFS and compared it with the keyboard.

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 07:42 AM PST

    You think the amount of enemies and their hit box is bad? Look at my input lag, this definetily brings the game to another level.

    Measure input lag is a bit hard. But I tried to get some information recording with my phone and counting the frames between the click and the start of the attack animation. I didn't intend to be accurate, but I was able to get nice results.

    The mouse input lag is between 200 and 300 ms. The keyboard is at max 50 ms.

    This is not my greatest contribution to science, but at least now I can prove to my friend that I have input lag problems.

    Do you feel like your game has input lag?

    Video:

    Dark Souls 2 INPUT LAG test. Mouse vs. Keyboard. Conclusion: use a controller. - YouTube

    submitted by /u/glerolero
    [link] [comments]

    I beat all of dark souls 2 SOTFS with the Battle Axe

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 01:11 PM PST

    Yes it really is that good of a weapon literally. I was intending to play a strength build with a fat ass weapon, only upgrading str, vigor, end and adp but i ended up doing an equal strength and dex build. I also kept my weight right under fatroll.

    Now to the point, yes, with this questional build, you can appearently buy the Battle Axe from the blacksmith in Majula, upgrade it to +10 and roll with it throughout all of the game and dlcs with almost no problems at all (exept using summons on bosses sometimes). This was just a thought i had after the game about how weird that is with offering such a good weapon overall from nearly the beginning of the game.

    submitted by /u/ZapForTheWing
    [link] [comments]

    Drangleic Sword for Dex build?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 12:10 PM PST

    Hey guys! I just started playing Dark Souls 2 after beating the other Dark Souls games, and I was wondering about a good build? I'm planning on going for a high dex and adaptability build, possibly using the Drangleic Sword? Would it be a good weapon for mid-game play, especially with a build like this?

    submitted by /u/ChumIsFum01
    [link] [comments]

    When did they change the game?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 11:22 AM PST

    So, I played dark souls 2 years ago on PS3 and about 2 weeks ago I decided to pick it up for PS4 and there are enemies in places I don't remember and places I remember enemies being there isn't any, there is at least on petrified person in things betwixed I don't remember. Did they change a bunch of things or am I just not remembering things right?

    submitted by /u/Danofireleg33
    [link] [comments]

    I beat the game as well

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 10:55 AM PST

    I don't know if I'm just used to from software's games but I beat ds2sotfs for the first time in 36 hours without major difficulties

    [EDIT]: Went to check my Steam account, and it was actually 36

    submitted by /u/DoctorBoomeranger
    [link] [comments]

    Half scorpion man

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 12:19 PM PST

    I can't talk to him and I want to

    submitted by /u/Waxyboi95
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone help me kill NG+7 Navlaan?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 11:57 AM PST

    I'm at 2.3 Mil SM, in Dragon aerie PC sotfs, I'll post this to summon sign too

    submitted by /u/jetsenablay
    [link] [comments]

    Why is the hag’s gravestone not appearing

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 01:49 PM PST

    A couple days ago while farming human effigies in Majula, the skeletons came out of the house and accidentally killed the hag while trying to swing at me. I've played 10-15h since that moment and her gravestone is still not appearing? What can I do

    submitted by /u/shadows67-
    [link] [comments]

    Santier’s Spear

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 01:40 PM PST

    So I've been trying to break santier's spear by hitting walls for the past 10 minutes and I'm wondering if there's a quicker way?

    submitted by /u/KIllSTer203
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for Elana, the Squalid Queen

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 09:03 AM PST

    I have enough hours in both DS2 and SotFS to be rather ashamed of asking this here, but I'm stuck with Elana on my 4th Journey. Every strategy that I used on my previous three NGs seems to be failing me here. Any tips?

    Oh, and in case it's needed: I'm using the Drangleic Greatsword & Drangleic Shield for this NG, and I don't intend to change that.

    submitted by /u/EYD-Valkyrie
    [link] [comments]

    how is the lost sinner a woman when she has a visible beard?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 12:31 PM PST

    it bugs me, always thought she was a man

    submitted by /u/blutborne_dale
    [link] [comments]

    Who is this npc

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 08:35 AM PST

    Who is the night in hunt man's corps that wants revenge? And who does he want revenge on.

    submitted by /u/cardboard20035
    [link] [comments]

    Lucatiel - Not at earthen Peak bonfire

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 03:32 AM PST

    HI all, I'm in NG+ on ps4 and for some reason lucatiel is not at the bonfire in earthen peak. I've already:

    -SPoken to her at No mans wharf and summoned her for Flexile Sentry

    -SPoken to her in lost bastille and summoned her for sinner

    the next step in the questline is to speak to her in earthen peak but she is not there at the bonfire in the square room. Did I miss somehting? am I out of luck?

    submitted by /u/MJCuse
    [link] [comments]

    The leave throne ending

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 03:16 PM PST

    Ok so I've played through this game four times now and it's been weird. I had the same reaction as most when I finished it for the first time and thought of it as a flawed mess of a game due to the fact big Miyazaki didn't make it.

    But I found myself coming back to this game I supposedly didn't like over and over again and enjoying it more each time. And this time around, I did the leave throne ending for the first time and conveniently have actually began to understand the real meaning of that and our actions throughout the game. And wow. Honestly I think it might be one of my favourite endings to a soulsborne game (even better than becoming a squid at the end of bloodborne). Just something about it you know, like your character basically saying "sod the cycle, I've beaten hollowing, I'm gonna do my own thing now".

    I have no doubt this'll be the last time I go through this game and I'm sure I like it more each time.

    submitted by /u/Fieldmouse1998
    [link] [comments]

    Free Wholesome :)

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 12:49 PM PST

    If you tap on sale in the top right corner of your reddit app you can collect your self a free Wholesome-giveaway, enjoy gifting some joy for your fellow hollows. 🎄👼

    --edit: there are multiple awards that can be drawn apparently! Wholesome and Helpful are two them:)

    submitted by /u/RingOfTheLiving
    [link] [comments]

    replayed Souls games recently, played DaS Remastered after DaS 2, now I understand the people who don’t like DaS 2

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 02:37 AM PST

    I played DeS in 2014 and then DaS 1 and 2 in 2015 and 2016. since I wasn't able to get a PS5 i said fuck it and replayed DeS on my PS3, it's still a great game but the sequels' improvements clearly helped the formula to flesh out more. originally I intended only to replay DeS but then SotFS was 10 bucks on the Store so I was like okay but then got invested and quickly put 120 hours into it (on my way to platinum it btw)

    Then I bought Remastered a few days ago, and only after a few hours it hit me hard that the two games feel basically two entirely different games, compared to DeS and DaS 1, 2 feels like a game from a different franchise. I'm not meaning it in a negative way, actually atm I prefer SotFS over Remastered and even back when I played them for the first time I enjoyed 2 more than 1, but now I see why die-hard DaS1 fans shit on 2

    submitted by /u/blutborne_dale
    [link] [comments]

    Starting dark souls 2

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 02:31 AM PST

    Just completed dark souls prepare to die (almost 100 hours ,did strength,sorcery and faith builds) .now want to know what new things to look out for in ds2(sotfs version).I have started with a Dex build since the dual wielding swords looked new.some things I want to know: Is adaptability important or not like resistance ? There is vigor and vitality(vit is for equip load)Is vitality also imp if doing some strength kind of build or can you get some rings that increase it or endurance also increases equip load? How does dual wielding work and is it useful? Any new mechanics of things I need to know that were not in ds1?

    submitted by /u/deputy141
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment