• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 19, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 10:07 PM PST

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I killed every dragon butt in Lost Izalith. AMA.

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 03:19 PM PST

    What a weird enemy

    submitted by /u/thesirknee
    [link] [comments]

    I drew black dragon kalaameet

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 06:15 PM PST

    My last encounter with Siegmeyer of Catarina. This was my intro to Ash Lake.

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 08:48 PM PST

    First playthrough.

    Whoever was on that bonfire, thank you for sharing that moment.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/KUDXlP7

    submitted by /u/MrPOfficial
    [link] [comments]

    i designed a plush inspired by ornstein! who else should i make?

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 09:21 PM PST

    i've always felt like soulsborne bosses would make the best plushes, so i decided to make own

    i really want to make more if i can think of other characters to work on, but artorias is definitely next! (i have some available to preorder but i don't think i can post that here)

    submitted by /u/mana_soul
    [link] [comments]

    ooooohhhhhhhhh where did you all hide elden ring

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 09:45 PM PST

    oooooooohhhhhhh

    submitted by /u/bo7mka
    [link] [comments]

    Keep trying don’t give up

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 01:43 AM PST

    Genuinely very excited and happy. I decided to steer from the main story and play they DLC and I was able to complete it in one night! It took me five attempts to beat artorias, definitely took at least 3 hours to beat manus and tons of attempts. Finally, It only took me 4 attempts to beat Kalameet! I'm not trying to boast (And I'm sure many have done this aswell) l'm just very genuinely happy especially since I was hesitant to play the game at first. I kept raging and restarting the play through repeatedly for a couple weeks because I couldn't defeat the first boss. For those who are scarred to play a soulsborne game just keep playing and don't give up. Eventually it starts to click and you learn and become better at the game. And don't sleep on the great club!

    Edit:Corrections

    submitted by /u/chrivas52
    [link] [comments]

    I BEAT ORNSTEIN AND SMOUGH TODAY!!!!

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 09:54 PM PST

    Very happy about this. I tried to beat them yesterday a few times but i kept losing very quickly. So I tried again today and finally did it. I really enjoyed that boss fight. I'm glad it didn't disappoint. I honestly thought be a sorcerer would make that fight easy for me but boy was I fucking wrong. Ornstein kept slaughtering me by spamming his glide attack and then letting smough smash me into nothingness.

    submitted by /u/TheMadRatRidesAGAIN
    [link] [comments]

    Coming from someone who just bear even single boss

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 02:20 AM PST

    Capra demon is impossible as a sorcerer. I beat ever single boss counting dlc no cheese or parry with my melee main no problem. The Capra demon is in fact impossible to beat as a sorcerer. No matter which way you run in the instance you get stun locked. I'm done complaining, but literally artorious manus and kalameet were easier than this boss as a cloth wearing sorcerer

    submitted by /u/bennyboots94
    [link] [comments]

    OOOOOOH HAND OVER THE ELDEN RING

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 12:25 AM PST

    Hand it over. That thing...

    submitted by /u/mighty_drake
    [link] [comments]

    sifs theme is better than gwyns

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 07:36 PM PST

    I know its a bit of an unpopular opinion but I just had to get how I feel out there.

    submitted by /u/puffsplus-lotion
    [link] [comments]

    Why I am loving this game (First time Player)

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 11:05 AM PST

    As one who has been playing video games since the 90's I gotta say I can't believe I passed on this years ago.

    Recently I have been growing tired of all games following the old open world routine of Fetch Quest, rinse, repeat. That and the fact that you inevitably get to a point where your character is so overpowered the challenge is lost.

    Since I started playing this game, not only is it such a joy that I have to discover and explore on my own with no map, but the fact that even though I am leveling up and getting stronger there will always be something that can kill me so I am always on guard. It is so refreshing!

    submitted by /u/Reynolds_Live
    [link] [comments]

    I have used a standard weapon the whole game. Is there any benefit to switching weapons when I only have the DLC and final boss left?

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 08:53 PM PST

    This is my first playthrough and I have been using the longsword the whole way. It's currently +14, but I can upgrade it to +15 with my single titanite slab. I was going to hold out on using that slab, but why? What benefit is there to switching another weapon this late in the game?

    I have many titanite varieties in my inventory from killing enemies and finding treasure. I also have the Crystal Ember, Large Flame Ember, Chaos Flame Ember, and Enchanted Ember that I have not turned in.

    The only weapons that do more than my 192 dps longsword are: Dragon's Tooth @ 290, Crystal Halberd @ 242 (broken), Black Knight Halberd @ 245, and Dark Hand @ 200.

    submitted by /u/jalmito
    [link] [comments]

    Ash Lake Hydra

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 09:41 PM PST

    I cannot kill the fucking ash lake Hydra. If anyone can give me tips for how to dodge it or hit it then that would be really nice. Hell if someone wants to just listen to me rant about it that'd be cool too. I'm a sorcerer. I cannot block it's attacks, only roll or run away. I try to roll but it always hits me. I know the cue is it's growl but staying still and rolling at the last minute does nothing. It works a bit better to roll backwards then sideways but it's still pretty hit and miss. My health is really small (glass cannon build) so one or two hits and I'm dead.

    submitted by /u/TheMadRatRidesAGAIN
    [link] [comments]

    Anor londo invaders

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 10:26 PM PST

    Here is another rage post about invaders in anor londo. For the last couple days my wife and I have been trying to get through anor londo with our characters, but we keep getting invaded. Now I understand pvp is part of the game, but getting invaded every 5 min is really annoying.

    submitted by /u/Adaski137
    [link] [comments]

    Finally beat Gywn (no parry) and all dlc bosses

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 07:32 PM PST

    Title. I'm soul level 100 and have been using claymore +15 and havels armor. Should I play NG+ or start a new build? I was thinking of trying a sorcerer or some other non melee build. Is that viable? I like my current build but feel like there aren't really any upgrades to my current set up and I would just be replaying the same exact thing I just did. What do y'all think?

    submitted by /u/bennyboots94
    [link] [comments]

    Pour one out for the fallen foe

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 09:59 PM PST

    Cheers to you Manus, you violent bastard, for killing me more times than any other boss

    submitted by /u/TheRealPowerkraut
    [link] [comments]

    To the invader "The Destroyer"

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 11:48 AM PST

    You're a bitch

    submitted by /u/Lurk-Nurgle
    [link] [comments]

    Need a partner for Smough and Ornstein

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 03:40 AM PST

    I've been stuck in Anor Londo in Dark Souls Remastered for the Nintendo Switch for a week, every time I try to regain my humanity to beat them I either get spit roasted by them because there's no summon signs at the time or get my ass handed to me by an invader who is not a widdle bayuhbee such as myself. It's getting to the point that I'm running low on humanity and I don't want to have to go all the way back to the hellkite drake bridge to farm it from the rats there. I'm not having any trouble with killing any of the giants or silver knights, I've done it so much it's going to be a permanent part of my psyche, I'm just looking for a skilled player to help me get over this bodacious badonkadonk of a hump. Thanks for your time.

    submitted by /u/JudgeScorpio
    [link] [comments]

    Need help summon (NS four kings)

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 11:49 PM PST

    Plz help me... I can't beat them Need co-op...

    submitted by /u/International-Put243
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished Bloodbourne and need more

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 05:33 PM PST

    I've been told that Dark Souls 3 was the best game to play after BB, since it's more aggressive than the first 2. I know that shields have a bigger role in the souls trilogy and was wondering if shields are necessary. I know the play styles of BB and DS3 are different from each other, but I'd much rather dodge or die and not just block.

    submitted by /u/Fuckatnames47
    [link] [comments]

    Best area in Dark Souls

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 04:02 PM PST

    The best area in Dark Souls has to be Undead burg and basically the whole area up to bell gargoyles. Great interconnectivity, Black Knights present fun challenges and can quite possibly an amazing reward, contains Claymore, Uchigatana, a sort of good spot for farming Balder side sword, and Zweighander (I'm counting Firelink as well since Firelink isn't really big enough to be an area, but I do not consider the fact that firelink is a hub in ranking the starting area the best area in Dark Souls). Bell gargoyles is the perfect skill test for Dark Souls. The other bosses were meant to teach you mechanics, but Gargoyles is probably the first wal anyone will hit. And, to top it all off, there are many beautiful views. The 2 areas that come close are Sens and Anor Londo, for sort of the same reasons. Overall, an amazing starting area in any game. There is also the nostalgia of knowing that this is where my souls journey started, but thats not the same for eveyone.

    submitted by /u/lowzycat
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone playing OG dark souls on Xbox?

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 08:35 PM PST

    Just hoping for some coop buddies! I'm halfway through but I'm willing to travel back and drop my sign to help kill some bosses.

    submitted by /u/DogsrBetter4sure
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment