• Breaking News

    Friday, December 18, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 10:08 PM PST

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Made a drawing of my speedcast hexer. What do you think?

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 03:05 AM PST

    The water in Heide tower is oddly satisfying

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 06:08 AM PST

    I know this might sound weird. Just want to appreciate heides tower art design and THE water. It's so pleasing to look at. I wish we had more water levels ;)

    submitted by /u/Def-tones
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t believe Burnt Ivory King exists in the same DLC as Lud & Zallen

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 09:11 PM PST

    On one side you have a pre-boss sequence done so wrong. Everyone already knows how much of a pain Frigid Outskirts is, but I wanna add that even if you know how to deal with the reindeer it's still a ridiculously long walk through annoying snowstorms, absolute waste of time. This makes the Nito run look like a midnight escapade to the refrigerator. It's like the area equivalent of Bed of Chaos, in the sense that it really has no good reason to be the way it is. And all of that to fight, what, a re-skin? Of a boss you probably just fought?

    And on the other side, a pre-boss sequence, and boss, done so right. Jumping down with all those knights, who weren't even required to release but you found them anyway out of your own conviction. And it feels like a warzone down there. It's just enough knights that it's actually difficult to keep all of your own alive, but not so much that it's overwhelming. Also I love the pyromancer enemies, they make it feel way more chaotic rather than just waiting for enemies to come to me. And what follows is probably the best non-cutscene boss entrance in Soulsborne. Hoooly shit is Burnt Ivory King fun. And you actually get rewarded for doing well in the previous sequence! Even one knight left alive is such a boon.

    These just simply cannot have been designed by the same guy. It's so perplexing to me. What led the level designers to such depravity, after such brilliance? I'm just glad I saved the King for after the cats just so I got to end my day on a high note. I'll be sure to fight him every run, but I'm never getting in that coffin again.

    submitted by /u/tenamonth
    [link] [comments]

    All In

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 11:59 AM PST

    Today during my session I finally beat The Last Giant and Persuer!

    I know they're litterally the easiest but I died to tree daddy twice and Persuer at least 12-15 times (ask me how I know ;))

    Anyway, I did it. I first played D2 when it came out on 360, didn't make it too far, and recently picked SotFS up on Xbone!

    I'm proud of myself. I saw that pattern of the angry Cylon and, it took a minute, and I was fully hollow, but I did it!

    I opted in to do Persuer legit instead of ballista. I'm going to try and do the same for Dragon Rider!

    Thank you for reading!

    submitted by /u/GRIMMnM
    [link] [comments]

    I got bone fist

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 08:35 AM PST

    Imma gonna bone everything, im gonna energy ball everything, 2 dragon riders, im gonna bone them hard with these balls of energy.

    submitted by /u/TheUnHolyBreadBaker
    [link] [comments]

    Why do people think you need to upgrade adp to play the game

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 08:14 AM PST

    I have beat the game multiple times and never upgraded adp

    submitted by /u/chemy22
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat every boss in Scholar of the First Sin! Here’s my personal top 10

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 11:31 AM PST

    This list is more about what I think of their quality and fun factor, but I'll add a death counter to give an idea of how difficult I found them too. I've finished the game twice actually, but only just finished the DLC the second run, so any base game bosses will also have a number in brackets indicating how many times I died the second time around.

    10. Sinh - 2 deaths - Pretty well done dragon fight. Although I didn't love it. Maybe I've been spoiled by Midir? It's still on this list because I honestly can't think of any other boss to place higher, and because all things considered it was a nice way to finish off the Sunken King DLC.

    9. Smelter Demons - 0 (2) Red and 3 Blue deaths - Heat damage was annoying but it's still a fun and engaging fight. I really got the sense that I'm fighting this hellish demonic creature that I should be running away from, not towards. Their boss runs kinda suck tho.

    8. Looking Glass Knight - 0 (0) deaths - I played offline so didn't encounter real players. But just the concept of this is so cool. I'm gonna be honest, I don't remember this fight much at all, like the actual moves and everything. But I do remember enjoying it, if that makes sense.

    7. Aava - 3 deaths - Hated this at first, but got into the flow eventually, and now I'd say it's probably my favorite beast boss in the game. Her brothers can go fuck each other though, never doing Frigid Outskirts again.

    6. Lost Sinner - 3 (0) deaths - Looking back on this, she kinda felt like Alonne lite. And I mean that in a good way. Both of them felt different from all the other knight-type bosses of the game. Really fast, lots of range, keep you on edge all the time. You have to really focus to come out on top.

    5. Velstadt - 2 (1) deaths - DS2 gets flak for having too many knight bosses, but this imo is the pinnacle of that design, in the base game at least. Velstadt is fun as fuck to fight. He hits hard, he's imposing, he even has magic tricks up his sleeve, but ultimately this is a fair fight and he's not too fast.

    4. Darklurker - 13 (0) deaths - The only boss in this game to kill me over 10 times. Boy did I underestimate Darklurker. The variety of moves that he has is awesome, I love always being like "shit he's doing this, now I gotta do that, ok he's doing that, now I can do this" etc. etc. And double the Darklurkers means double the toughness. It's like if Aldia and the Thronewatcher & Defender, both of whom I find mediocre, combined into one kickass boss. Also I wanna add, these 4 bosses I consider S tier, a cut above the rest.

    3. Sir Alonne - 3 deaths - These top 3 could go either way. Alonne could've taken the top spot, but I find his moveset to be a tiny bit too limited, albeit still devastating. Anyways I've already talked a bit about him with Sinner. Super unique and fun playstyle, requires a ton of concentration, and feels so damn satisfying to consistently dodge.

    2. Fume Knight - 6 deaths - I was warned that this boss was gonna be a ridiculously difficult challenge like Orphan of Kos or Darkeater Midir, but I found him to be more worth it for the fun rather than just difficulty, akin to Artorias or Lady Maria. It was a pleasant surprise, how much I liked Fume Knight. He does hit hard, ridiculously hard, but ultimately felt fair and well balanced. And kinda off topic but, I came so damn close to beating him second try! That would've been rad. But then of course I fucked up 4 more times.

    1. Burnt Ivory King - 2 deaths - I'm gonna be honest, much of the reason the Ivory King takes the top spot is the sheer spectacle. But that still counts for something, right? I don't mind that you have to win this absolutely chaotic battle everytime you wanna fight the boss, in fact that's one of the reasons I love this fight. If on top of all that BIK had a second phase or clone or something, then yeah I'd consider it ridiculous. But as it is, I love this. As a boss alone, mechanically, Alonne and Fume are honestly better and more difficult in my eyes. But that epic battle leading up to it, that LOTR swagger entrance, that giant light sword, this to me was the pinnacle of SOTFS.

    Anyway that's my list, after playing a game with like 40 something bosses I thought it'd be fun to make a top 10, even though it's only based off like 2 playthroughs. Feel free to share your own lists.

    submitted by /u/tenamonth
    [link] [comments]

    The Freja encounter on the cliff in NG+ was scary af

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 01:32 PM PST

    Holy cow, that scared the shit outta me. Not only do I hate spider, but fucking Freja?! And what makes it worst is that you're in a smallish area, so it looks terrifying to see a massive spider attacking you on a cliff with its legs moving.

    submitted by /u/Blobolosh_the_1st
    [link] [comments]

    Help with starting class and choose a build path

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 12:54 PM PST

    Hello everyone, first post here :) I've finished DSR 3 days ago and I will start DS2 tonight. My question is about the starting class and the flow of the game.

    In DSR I was a warrior with claymore + 15 all elite knight stuff. I really like it etc. But I feel like I would like something like hybrid. Like maybe not 100% last this but I feel like I would like to add some magic. I did have 0 magic in my ng on DSR. I see some people play pyro and start with the sorcerer. This is something I can do ? If I want a sword and have some magic/fire etc with it ?

    Sorry like lot of people I want to try to do a good first playthrough. I know I need to learn the game first, but I'm so excited with this game and want to get a good feeling :)

    submitted by /u/EQuimper
    [link] [comments]

    I have started a kill everything run and had a question

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 08:03 AM PST

    I am doing a run where I kill everything until it stops spawning, but was wondering if there are any enemies that wont stop spawning, or how many times it takes for stuff to stop spawning. I have killed those gremlins things in things betwixed 11 timed now and they haven't stopped spawning. Is there a condition I'm not meeting or what's going on here

    submitted by /u/heccinheccer
    [link] [comments]

    Pursuer never spawned?

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 08:02 AM PST

    I killed the pursuer multiple times when he spawned around the world but when I walked up to his boss fog gate with a phantom I summoned he never spawned and the phantom went back to his world, anyone ever seen that before?

    submitted by /u/Jasilver603
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for someone to drop me Pharros Lockstone

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 02:10 PM PST

    Hi all,

    I was wondering if someone could drop me a couple of Pharros Lockstones

    thanks in advance :D

    submitted by /u/Random_Guy543
    [link] [comments]

    How i can get the another magics from the ghost seller Like Bountiful sunlight and the oder what he sell ,

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 01:38 PM PST

    Lost 60k souls in forest of fallen giants - Should I restart?

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 07:16 AM PST

    Hi, I'm new to ds2, but I've beaten ds1 and ds3.

    Title says the rest.

    Also, is ds2 supposed to be way harder than the other ones? I'm dieing 10x more than I did in those games.

    submitted by /u/SpurnedOne
    [link] [comments]

    Any tips for managing soul memory?

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 09:24 AM PST

    I've always wanted to try out pvp in this game, but the soul memory system always scared me into resetting. How much should I worry about soul memory? How should I play a spellcaster to maximize my spell options for the class type? Should I avoid purchasing weapons if they are droppable?

    submitted by /u/JovialSamurai
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone need a summon?

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 09:18 AM PST

    Soul memory 1.2 - 1.3 million

    I want to farm some sunlight medals, let me know if you need help on PC so we can both get sunlight medals 👍

    submitted by /u/jetsenablay
    [link] [comments]

    Whats a good sl/build to go for melee forcused pvp?

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 12:58 PM PST

    Just looking for suggestions on stat and weapon setups that excel in pvp, and a general guide on how to get best involved in pvp, as Im starting sotfs on a new character after beating ds2 on release.

    submitted by /u/YeetHarSkeet
    [link] [comments]

    Loyce soul farming

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 12:51 PM PST

    I'm playing on the Xbox, my soul memory is currently sitting pretty at 3 mil, and I'm offering my services at the Burnt Ivory King for anyone looking to co-op while farming Loyce souls.

    Summon sign is at the steps leading up to the fog gate, and I do have a name-engraved ring for anyone that needs the extra boost to see my sign.

    submitted by /u/ViralProspekt
    [link] [comments]

    I’m a new to the dark souls games and want to improve any tips or advice about improving or what I might be doing wrong

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 08:56 AM PST

    I'm new and staring with dark souls 1 at the very beginning I want to improve at my gameplay and become better so u come to u asking for advice and how the game functions

    submitted by /u/banana-monster
    [link] [comments]

    My Dark Souls Story and how I've finally come to my conclusion on these games.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 03:55 PM PST

    Sorry for the short blog post but I gotta get this out of my chest and I think this would be the best community for it.

    Let's start with a bit of a story time.

    I first played a Souls game in what I believe was 2015, the game was DS1 on the Xbox 360 and we played it over at my friend Petro's house (not his real name) basically everyday after school since we both very much fell in love with the game really quickly. So about a month or two passes and me and Petro finally finish the base game at well over a 100 hours in it and we're proud of ourselves and all, but since I've by then invested myself somewhat in the YouTube Ds community I still sometime came to his house and we played some DS and did some fun runs and stuff and generally enjoyed it still.

    Now as I've said, it was 2015, and what came out it in 2015? Yass, Dark Souls II SoTFS, and once again, Petro got the game from his brother so our tradition of me coming to his house almost every day to play DS together continued but this time it was the the second installment.

    Honestly, I've again completely loved every second of it and I have the fondest memories from the whole series inside DS2, Petro, while not as ecstatic as in DS1 was also very much enjoying himself and the world of the game.

    Now, as I said, in DS1 we spent over 100 hours on a bare bones base game run, but this time we were prepared with the knowledge from the previous game and the wisdom of game wikies so we were ready to take on Dark Souls 2: Electric Boogaloo with our full might aaaaand It still mostly kicked our butt.

    Yeah I'll be the first to admit it wasn't the smoothest of runs but we did get through it completely with all bosses plus dlc done in about 80 hours if I remember correctly and once again we were rejoiced once we saw the final credits.

    Now in the meantime between us completing the game and the next one coming out we did sometimes play one of the games but it ended up being only quite rarely.

    Now came 2017, Petro got a PS4 and DS3 and the hype was on. (I'll cut this part short since this is already getting long) So basically I once again hovered his home shamelessly day to day since I myself didn't own any of the games nor a means to play them even if I did (heh, guess something hasn't changed to this day). we played through the base game, loved it, about a year later played through the DLCs, again loved it probably even more.

    And that was basically end of my DS career with Petro. Yes we did sometimes rarely play at his house if we didn't have anything to do. But even that changed after we fell out and stopped talking and all that shit, so these days I can only satisfy my Dark Souls Urge™ by talking about it online, watching runs or guiding blind players through it on Twitch. So it be pretty fun.

    Well, finally end of that part. Now on to the more important yet probably shorter part.

    It took me until now but I know now that I love all these 3 games. I seriously do, even if I do see and acknowledge that all 3 have their faults like DS1 having rushed second half, DS2 gameplay being rather clunky or DS3's lore being um kinda boring. Even with all that, I still wholeheartedly love them and see them all as equal on top of the gaming food chain.

    And with all that, you have to understand how much it pains me to see Group A shitting on DS 2 or Group B shitting on DS 3 just because some stupid part of the community convinced them the game is horrible and literally Satan's making when they've probably only played minimum of it. I just want this community to all come together and love all the games equally. Be all happy together. Be all strong together and only that way we might survive until Elden Ring comes and maybe by then I myself will actually own these damm games LOL.

    ANYWAY, thank you for coming to my TED talk.

    Instant Edit: UUUUU sorry that it's written so cringy but that's what mobile typing and lack of sleep does, sorriii

    submitted by /u/J4kub07
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite build? PvE or PvP

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 07:40 AM PST

    So I'm starting my first play through of the second game in a couple of years. I think I'm gonna go for a good old quality build, which I've actually never done before in one of these games as many times as I've played them. Anyway what are some of y'all's favorite builds to play through the game with?

    submitted by /u/kreagan13
    [link] [comments]

    Covetous demon needs to chill

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 11:22 AM PST

    Does upgrading an armor or a shield with a special effect will also improve its special effect?

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 06:46 AM PST

    I kinda saw on wikidot that you need to upgrade Watchdragon Parma because it increases item discovery, so I'm wondering that upgrading equipment with special effects also improve the effect?

    submitted by /u/bokuwanivre
    [link] [comments]

    It just clicked.

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 10:25 AM PST

    I've beaten DS1 and DS3 and have butted my head up against 2 for quite a while. It seemed a little obtuse. But this morning I dug in my heels and took down The Last Giant. No large accomplishment, but I think it represents the blockage being destroyed. I'm pumped to see the rest of this game. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/YeahWrite000
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment