• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 12, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 10:07 PM PST

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    [Fan Art] I made Frampt and Kaathe Sock Puppets

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 01:21 PM PST

    Here's a pic of Kaathe

    Here they are together (video)

    I know they're super scuffed, just trying something new lol

    submitted by /u/bnzng
    [link] [comments]

    Just got sucked into Ash Lake

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 06:04 AM PST

    Im just sharing this out of pure need to compliment the area. After years i finally got a new pc and got into playing some games i felt i couldnt run in my old chonk of a computer.

    So after years of lurking and youtube videos i am finally playing Dark Souls Remastered, mostly blind with some googling to read on lore and where to get the good weapons in some areas.

    I was playing through Blightown with no knowledge on where to go, i find this chest in a tree ans the wall looks shady af, ilusion wall.

    I find this massive tree and keep falling without dying, accidentally might i add and reach the bottom just desparate to get out and heal the cursed status that i got from thoae fucking geckos.

    My hope off an exit is crushed by this massive fucking open area of a lake with a fucking hydra staring down at me.

    Now i explored the area and already got out, didnt kill the hydra since i was level 28.

    I just want to say that im happy i got into this game and that i dont remember enough of it from videos to still be left amased by the sheer depth off ambience and lore the game has.

    Good luck on your missions Chosen Undead.

    submitted by /u/cyborg_duck
    [link] [comments]

    Today’s was the day

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 07:03 PM PST

    I've beaten my first play through of Dark Souls. I love this game, I really feel for the characters, the atmosphere, and the situation they are in. It was really saddening to see all of my favorite characters hollow. Solaire, Siegemayer, the Crestfallen warrior. You succeed where everyone else couldn't, seeing firelink shrine grow with more people, just for it to diminish over time. I love that everything in this game has a story that isn't connected to you necessarily, it adds so much more to the game. I've grown to love every area in this game as I played, Blighttown and Anor Londo being some of my favorite areas (Ornstein and Smoug is my favorite boss fight). I didn't have much trouble with the game once I got to Blighttown, but the memorable bosses, areas, and stories really makes this my favorite game. I've already bought bought the rest of the souls games and plan on playing through the Demon Soul's remake next!

    submitted by /u/Oserix
    [link] [comments]

    interested in buying the game but skeptical

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 04:37 PM PST

    Dsr looks really intresting and fun but the difficulty especially early game makes me afraid i may drop the game and waste 40$. I dont think ive really played anything like it before so i have no clue if i will like it. The idea of the game seems fun and looking at videos make me feel like i could get used to it but i have no clue. Do you suggest this game for someone whos never played anything like it? is it worth 40$? Is there people to play with even though i will be a low level? Im thinking of buying it on switch.

    submitted by /u/callmeurself
    [link] [comments]

    Ornstein and Smough Talisman only, 9 hour fight done by yartrigs (Not me) in a single session.

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 01:58 AM PST

    https://youtu.be/GJ9XnpVxYRo

    Im just giving this guy a shoutout. Beacause that shit is nuts and probably the longest lasting bossfight done in a single session.

    submitted by /u/jowit2
    [link] [comments]

    100 hours into my first run ever!

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 02:33 PM PST

    I am the keeper of souls. I beheaded the hydra. I murdered Priscilla, Gwyndolin and Gwynevere. I drew my sword against the Demons. I desecrated the alter of the Gravelord. I stung the spider in the deep. I put an end to the line of the great dragons. I walked the abyss and came back with four crowns. I slayed the dragon slayer. I executed the executioner. I slumbered in the bed of chaos. I howled in the face of the great wolf. I took the head of the great iron boar. I skinned Havel the Rock. I snatched Ricard's rapier from his cold dead hands. I wore the faces of pinwheel. I rang the bells on high and the bells in the deep. Now I'm in a land of ash.

    This game rocks!

    submitted by /u/ForgottenGraves
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck on Ornstein and Smough

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 03:37 AM PST

    I've been trying for hours now and only gotten past the first phase once. I'm also out of humanity so I can't summon Solaire. Any tips on how to beat them? I'm mainly having trouble separating them. If not, any easy ways to get humanity in Anor Londo?

    EDIT: I should add it's my first playthrough of DS1 or any Soulsbourne in general besides the opening of Bloodbourne when that was on PS Plus a couple years ago. I'm level 50 and primarily melee.

    submitted by /u/sawyouspacecowboy
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished DS2 and started DS, what all differences should I know off?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 01:11 AM PST

    I had meant to go through the series in the chronological order but I got put off by DS:R 60 fps cap issue, so I went and bought SoTFS instead. And holy shit, it was amazing, I loved it. It scratched an itch I didn't even know I had, I I want more of it, so I finally got over my fears of DS not running on my potato and went and bought the game. I've only played for a short while, but I've figured out that my knowledge of DS2 won't be of much help with DS1, given how vastly different a lot of the mechanics seem. So what all are some things a guy who came to DS after DS2 should know?

    Is there no bonfire teleportation in DS? That seems like a big annoyance.

    What's up with the repair kit thing I saw on a merchant? Does it mean weapon durability won't restore itself automatically on a bonfire?

    Does simply lighting a bonfire not set your spawn point to it? I remember lighting the first Undead Burg fire and still getting ported back to firelink.

    And damn, we have a lot of estus early on. I remember how in DS2, early on, every single chug of it counted. But now it just seems like something you take for granted, altho it doesn't seem to restore as much health here, compared to DS2 so there's that.

    So what's with the humanities? Is it like hollowing? Atleast the deaths here doesn't cut into your health bar.

    Are there any fucking piece of bastards like Navlaan to look out for? I dared pull that lever in Aldia's Keep and still regret not following the dev messages

    Does modding the game ban you from online like DS2? I heard even a small texture mod can get a perma ban out there. So how safe is using mods in this game? I take it DSFix and all are safe to use?

    submitted by /u/Apprehensive-Brain-8
    [link] [comments]

    What bosses in Souls games have self healing abilities? Is there a boss whose healing ability is actually strong enough to make you feel a need to rush the fight?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 03:21 AM PST

    A Noob's Dark Souls Debrief

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 12:35 AM PST

    I finished my first playthrough of Dark Souls: Remastered about an hour ago. This is without question, the best game I've played in a long time. So, while the playthrough is still fresh in my mind, I thought I'd write down a few noobie notes.

    A few things to get out of the way:

    1. I didn't go into the game completely blind. I'd watched a few let's plays by OutsideXbox and Eurogamer a few years ago, so I knew a few basic things about the game, but I didn't remember too many specific details.

    2. I rolled a warrior, because the stats seemed reasonable and it basically looked like a knight that was somewhat agile (and I was correct!). However, I switched to a rapier the first chance I got and put most of my points into Dex. In hindsight I should've gone wanderer/thief.

    3. I did not follow a guide as far as combat/bosses went, but I did read the wiki to look up how things like poise and damage scaling worked or to look up specific item locations.

    4. I played most of the game offline. The messages were a bit distracting at points and I wasn't really interested in PvP.

    Endgame stats:

    I beat every boss in the game+DLC except Priscilla (I encountered her just after Sif and I just couldn't bring myself to kill her).

    SL: 87

    Time played: 48.8 hours

    Final stats: VIT 26, ATT 10, END 38, STR 20, DEX 40, RES 11, INT 14 (for Cast Light), FTH 10

    Covenant: Way of the White (first one I found)

    Weapons: Silver Knight Str. Sword +5, Ricard's Rapier +15

    Armor: Wanderer's Set (~+8 on the various pieces)

    Shield: Balder Shield +10

    Rings: Hornet, Favor and Protection.

    Playstyle: If you haven't guessed from my loadout, I'm a parrier. I build my playstyle around parries in pretty much any game that offers it. I'm also fairly patient by nature which helped a lot early in the game. In boss fights, if I had large attack windows, I'd go buffed Ricard and spam heavy attack. Otherwise, Silver Str. Sword.

    Areas

    that I loved: Anor Londo, Darkroot, Oolacile. These were just so well designed and so artistically beautiful. I did die a few times to the archers in Anor Londo, but the trouble was just timing the roll in getting to the Knight. Once I got to him, I could parry-riposte and get past.

    that I liked: Undead Burg, Painted World, Sen's Fortress

    that were Meh: Catacombs, Blighttown, Asylum, Duke's Archives/Crystal Caves.

    that I disliked: Izaleth/Demon Ruins

    that can go suck an egg: New Londo (I ran out of transient curses. Yeah, all of them pre-Ingward. So, my only option was to speedrun through it till I reached him), Depths (Something about the aesthetics is just icky and unpleasant. I didn't die to the basilisks though ;-) ), Tomb of the Giants (f*** those dogs).

    Bosses (I'm not going through all 26 bosses, just a few that stood out to me)

    Artorias and Kalameet were my favorite bosses in the game. The fights were so complex and dynamic. I fence IRL and Artorias, in particular, reminded me of mock bouts we'd do at my club when I was a kid where people who'd fenced for longer would have a handicap (you only score every 3 hits but your opponent scores every hit). Kalameet is easily the best dragon I've fought in a video game: Complex, balanced, fair.

    O&S was my favorite boss fight pre-DLC. I didn't have a terrible time against them: I beat them in my 4th attempt. The challenge for me was kiting them in phase 1 so that I could get Ornstein by himself. Super Smough was trivial after that. In fact, I won the first time I survived to phase 2.

    Manus was alright, but a bit underwhelming after Artorias and Kalameet. I had the silver pendant, so the dark magic wasn't a problem. I summoned Sif to the fight, but that was more "Puppy!" than anything else.

    I had a ton of trouble against the Capra Demon (well, the dogs) and the Gargoyles (though the latter was just me not being used to the game mechanics at that point). I beat the Gargoyles with Solaire and that was the only NPC summon I used.

    I died a fair bit to the Iron Golem, but that was mainly me walking off the bridge.

    Quelaag was an interesting fight, but for some reason, I just had the timing on her sword attacks, so I stuck to her front leg and hacked away, dodging the sword strikes and occasional AoE. I beat her on my first try but I can see why people have trouble with her. I just got lucky with the timing.

    Sif was a good fight as well, but I had one hell of a gut-punch when I got him down to one health bar and he started limping :-( . I was shaken to the point where I chose to skip Priscilla (who I encountered next).

    The other bosses were mostly unremarkable: Getting to Nito was harder than fighting Nito himself (screw those skeleton-dogs or whatever they are). I fought the Four Kings just before Gwyn with all my stuff upgraded, so I didn't have much trouble. I beat Gwyn on my second try: I lost the first because I accidentally tried parrying his grab.

    The only boss who was downright awful in design was Bed of Chaos, but that's a sentiment most people on this sub share ;-)

    Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading this. I loved the game and can't wait for finals to be over so I can start DS2.

    submitted by /u/demonrend
    [link] [comments]

    Who would you say is the worst npc and the worst invader in the whole series

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 12:21 AM PST

    Personally my least favorite npc is mild mannered Pete for being a discount patches. My least favorite invader is maldron the assassin because fuck maldron.

    submitted by /u/Plugshirt
    [link] [comments]

    I just got the Dark Soul Achievement!

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 02:24 PM PST

    I took a picture if any of the mods or anyone else wants to see my gamertag and the time stamp on the achievement. I'm so happy right now! Many hours went into perfecting my characters and finally this beast.

    I finished it all on one character Chaoschain level 158 (minus the different endings but I made a super build that got everything else) Stats were Vitality 30, Attunement 16, Strength 50, Dexterity 18, Resistance 12, Intelligence 25, Faith 50 with a max pyromancy flame. Other equipment was the FAP ring, Havels ring, BKGS +5 (main hand with alt pyro flame), Black Iron full set +5 and Black Knight Shield in off hand with a Darkmoon talisman. I used the Sunlight Spear, Replenishment, and Power within for spells. Obviously the sun bros covenant. I don't have Xbox live so had to mad grind for some of the items to get the darkmoon spells and such. Thinking of getting it to see if I can get some PvP eventually. Anyway thank you guys for help with different things over my past posts and Praise the Sun!!! 🌞

    submitted by /u/Schwermbo
    [link] [comments]

    just link’d the fire

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 01:52 PM PST

    this was my first souls game and dang it what a ride. coolest game i've ever played. i want to give a shoutout and big thanks to this community. on to the second one. praise the sun my sun bros gals and non-binary pals

    submitted by /u/rideronthestorm29
    [link] [comments]

    Ds3 Dancer

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 05:29 PM PST

    First boss that took me a few hours to beat the Dancer of Boreal valley and oh my am I happy I thought this boss was gonna be a wall but I was able to get past

    submitted by /u/Breadcrumbs881
    [link] [comments]

    My official Dark Souls tier list (bosses worst to best)

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 12:40 AM PST

    After completing a full NG cycle of Dark Souls and did a Sl1 run for all bosses in the game, this is my ranking of all 26 bosses hardest to easiest to me personally. 26. Pinwheel: Easy boss that dies in 3 or 4 hits. Could've been a great boss if the health bar is 5 times greater. 25. Asylum Demon: Great tutorial boss, but for experienced players hes a laughing stock since his moveset is so simple and telegraphed. 25. Ceaseless Discharge: I actually love the design of the Ceaseless Discharge imo. Lookes like my PE teacher. Unfortunately the hitboxes are terrible and it is not fun to fight especially when he kills me in 2 hits. Stealing the armor and then to the fog gate then hitting him a few times is gimmick but does make it 10 times easier. 24. Moonlight Butterfly: Easy to dodge, a joke if the build is ranged, boring boss in terms of gameplay. 23. Taurus Demon: The plunging attack from the tower really made this fight so much easier. 22. Gaping Dragon: Since the monster is so big and slow, it is really easy to get some hits in. Although the tail swipe could be really punishing. 21: Stray Demon: Only hard thing is the drop, but besides that its basically the Asylum Demon with some added AOE attacks. 20. Priscilla: Not hard once you know where the footprints are. 19. Artorias: Alright you guys wonder I put this so low, but I find him EASY. I find his attacks really easy to dodge and I easily know when to attack and when to not. I can beat him with a pocketknife. 18. Gwyndolin: The thing that I find it hard is the amount of damage he deals, but besides that being patient and waiting is all there is for the boss. 17. Demon Firesage: Lane boss with the same reasons as the Asylum Demon but with AOE attacks. 16. Capra Demon: This could be controversial, but as long as you have a greatshield this boss fight is fine. Unfortunately in the early game of the first playthrough you don't have a greatshield so this boss fight is retarded but in NG+ and beyond he isn't that hard. The dogs though are really annoying and the area with it. 15. Sif: Really all you have to do is dodge the sword go inside and deal all the damage. But for some reason I had trouble with Sif on my first playthrough. 14. Quelaag: Honestly I died the most times in this boss put of all the bosses just for the first playthrough though. Her AOE can one shot me and I was being too greedy back then. Now she is easy but some times I get stuck on her legs then she does the AOE and then I get blasted lol. 13. Iron Golem: Honestly I had some trouble making him fall and his grab attack always gets me. Besides that easy boss. 12. Ornstein and Smough: I find killing Smough first really easy and even Super Ornstein to me was easier because Super Smough keeps using that stupid charge attack whenever I fight him. Just go around the hall bait Ornstein attack then bait Smough attack then deal damage to Smough then repeat. Still I can go to greedy and then I get punished. 11. Centipede Demon: The real boss is the camera. 10. Bell Gargoyles: When I first played this boss on my first playthrough, I nearly quit because of the stupid fire. And I am never good at dodging their moveset and knowing when to attack still to this day. Though their healthbar wasn't high and somewhat made the fight easier. 9. Nito: His skeleton army can sometimes be idiots but friendly fire is gone so Nito just kills them for me. I just use Havel and stick to him like I'm hugging him. 8. Manus: Hardest boss to learn his moveset imo, but hes really easy once you know it. 7. Bed of Chaos: Worst boss fight ever. The dummy swings its branches and makes you fall to your doom. And the run to this boss fight is annoying. 6. Gwyn: I find parrying him very hard not all his attacks though, because of that hes a hard fight. 5. Sanctuary Guardian: Annoying boss to me. Attacks nonstop and keeps flying away at the right moment. His healthbar is low yes, but hes pretty tanky at around ng5 and ng6. 4. Seathe: Yes, this boss fight is really hard to me. I either get cursed, or his crystal makes me fly into the air and I die if I dont use my estus fast enough. 3. Kalameet: Hard dragon boss, I find his moves to be very unpredictable. 2. Four Kings: Literally beat him first try at NG, but at NG6 omg he is so hard. So tanky and so much damage. 1. Gravity

    submitted by /u/ChampionAwairaz
    [link] [comments]

    Beating a boss second try is always kind of a bummer

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 06:16 AM PST

    A first try is always good, like yay, no deaths!

    Third try, decently tough fight, but I overcame!

    Second try? That's just a failed first try. It just kinda stings a bit, especially if it's against a boss that's supposed to be easy.

    submitted by /u/tenamonth
    [link] [comments]

    Cant connect to a friend

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 09:38 PM PST

    Hey everyone i recently got the game and have been enjoying it. My brother has the game as well and is up for some jolly co-op but we havent been able to see each others signs and are trying to figure out why.

    submitted by /u/Gordockthered
    [link] [comments]

    Hey everyone! I'm brand new to dark souls this year after my friends telling me to play and finding the games on sale. Here's my boss attempts from my first 2 runs of DSR. I will be completing all achievements soon as I've just finished my first DS3 playthrough.

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 06:53 PM PST

    Boss attempts

    Asylum demon: 1 NG+: 1 Taurus demon: 2 NG+: 1 Bell gargoyles: 2 NG+: 1 Capra demon: 2 NG+: 1 Gaping dragon: 1 NG+: skipped Stray demon: 2 NG+: 1 Quelagg: 1 NG+: 1 Ceaseless discharge: 1 NG+: 1 Moonlight butterfly: 1 NG+: 1 Sif: 3 NG+: 1 Iron Golem: 1 NG+: 1 Ornstein and smough: 5 NG+: 3 Priscilla: 1 NG+: 1 Pinwheel: 1 NG+: 1 Four kings: 2 NG+: 6 Seath: 1 NG+: 1 Firesage: 3 NG+: 1 Centipede: 1 NG+ 1 Bed of cancer: lost count NG+: 2 Nito: 1 NG+: 2 Guardian: 1 NG+: newp Artorias: 1 NG+: newp Manus: 5 NG+: hell no Kalameet: 5 NG+: HELL no Gwyn: 2 NG+: 1

    submitted by /u/KajMoney99
    [link] [comments]

    I have decided to learn how to parry.

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 04:26 PM PST

    So. Long story, short. I've spent probably 1200 hours between all three games. I've gotten all the achievements. For all of them. Ds1 twice, actually. And...I have NEVER parried. Like. Maybe once or twice, to see if I could. But. I've never used it as a tool, at all. Never learned how to effectively use it either.. Not against Gwyn, even. So. It's time for a new adventure!

    submitted by /u/Maelificarum
    [link] [comments]

    Build question Ds1 rem

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 12:37 AM PST

    What must to get for have a real giant dad?

    submitted by /u/PensandoyViviendo
    [link] [comments]

    Any PVPers?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 12:22 AM PST

    Kinda wanna team up sometime with some PVPers if anyone is down.

    Here is some of my gameplay, need to improve the parrying!

    https://youtu.be/BsH-f0dzsAw

    submitted by /u/SuicidalThotsTV
    [link] [comments]

    Transient curse bug??

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 08:21 PM PST

    i have sixteen transient curses. i tried to equip them earlier in my game to do new londo ruins early (im in ng+) and noticed they werent in my inventory. i thought maybe i accidentally fed them to frampt.

    the next time i was feeding frampt some items i noticed the curses were in my inventory again so i backed out of frampts menu and went to equip them and they disappeared again.

    what gives? am i missing something or is this a bug?

    edit: i bought one from the sewer merchant just to see and it didnt show up in my inventory either. this is possibly game breaking. i dont want to go get cursed in the abyss.

    edit 2: im mad.

    submitted by /u/xaixn
    [link] [comments]

    Does Dark Souls Remaster have active pvp on xbox one?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 08:05 PM PST

    I need to wring something on this part to post my question, so I did this.

    submitted by /u/BannanaJesus
    [link] [comments]

    Solaire of the random DPS.

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 12:30 PM PST

    So I just finished my first Souls game recently and immediately went into NG+ with a guide open to see how much stuff I missed, and NPC summoning was one of them. I decided to try and summon as many of these NPCs as I can for my NG+.

     

    Enter Solaire.

     

    The first time I got him was during the Gargoyles fight. He was a nice bait to turn the Gargoyle around so I can lop off its tail (another thing I'd miss in NG). I didn't pay attention to how much damage he was doing since the Gargoyles died in a few swings.

     

    The second time I summoned him was in Gaping Dragon along with his buddy Lautrec. This time I actually decide to hang around and let the NPCs do as much work as possible after chopping off the dragon's tail. Turns out they're not very good at killing things. When both of them died the dragon had around 70% HP left.

     

    Then came Anor Londo and O&S. The first time I did this fight I died a bunch and decided to look up a guide on how to kill it. The guide says to beat Ornstein first, so I did. NG+ came and I thought I really want his ring. Lo and behold Solaire appeared once more. Judging from his piddly damage on Gaping Dragon I thought I had all the time in the world to slowly chip away at Smough. I occasionally glanced at the HP bars and saw one HP bar was a lot less than the other, and thought I was on pace. 10 seconds later the power-up animation played. For Smough. Wtf game? I thought the game bugged out and immediately Homeward Bone'd out.

     

    The second time round I paid attention to the names above the HP bars. I finally realized Solaire was shitting on Ornstein with his DPS. In NG+. Wtf Solaire? Where did your damage come from? And Wtf Ornstein? Shouldn't you have a lot more HP in NG+? Needles to say Ornstein died again before I could killed Smough. Another Homeward Bone used.

     

    The third time round I tried racing Solaire in earnest and still lost out to him! I got tilted hard and used my last Homeward Bone. I decided to take a break from O&S and farmed for Homeward Bones for some minutes.

     

    The fourth, and thankfully last, attempt at killing Smough first had me going ham and just facetanking all his hits and smash away. This time I finally beat Solaire (and he still had 50% on Ornstein). When Super Ornstein came I decided to hang back and see if Solaire can solo kill him. About 5 minutes later Solaire went poof leaving Super Ornstein at 80% HP. Where did all your damage go Solaire? :(

     

    tldr: Solaire has a boost to his DPS if you aren't watching him do it.

    submitted by /u/ETan23
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment