• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 12, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 10:08 PM PST

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Were the Everlasting Dragons actually Golems?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 08:03 AM PST

    If you look at the Cycle of Ages, it can be boiled down to - Souls go out into the world, souls need to be collected and brought back to the source so they can go out again.

    Emerald Herald - "You are blessed with a myriad of souls." or "Your soul is still frail and pallid…"

    She wants you to collect as many souls as you can, especially the big and powerful ones, because -

    Emerald Herald - "Once the fire is linked, souls will flourish anew, and all of this will play out again."

    Names and titles aside, the undead (namely the Chosen Undead, Bearer of the Curse & Champion of Ash) are just there to collect souls and return to them to the source so they can go back out again.

    This got me thinking about the Age of Ancients - and how everything was grey and still, and the only thing there were the Everlasting Dragons. Why were they everlasting? My thoughts here are that they were actually Golems, the kind we see in Dark Souls 1 and 2. Golems are automated creations that simply absorb souls and use them to perform their function - and the key fact here is that they're neither alive or dead. The Age of Ancients was an age where there was no life and nothing ever changed.

    Core of an Iron Golem - "Soul serving as the core of the Iron Golem, guardian of Sen's Fortress, and slayer of countless heroes seeking Anor Londo. Originally a bone of an everlasting dragon. Use to acquire a huge amount of souls, or to create a unique weapon."

    Dragon Bone Fist - " A weapon from the soul of the Iron Golem, guardian of Sen's Fortress who repelled countless heroes who sought Anor Londo. The Gods fused the power of the soul with the great bones of the dragons, forming an appropriate core for the giant golem'"

    From Dark Souls 1 there's been a link between the Everlasting Dragons and Golems - with the bone of an Everlasting Dragon powering the Iron Golem that protects Anor Londo. Not only did it power the Golem, it was such a fundamental aspect of it that you could still make a Dragon Weapon from the Golems soul.

    Skip to Dark Souls 2, and we see the corpse of an Everlasting Dragon in two different time periods. First in the present, and then later on at the end of the Age of Ancients. Both of these corpses have the Golem-style "hole" in them that's found in the Iron Golem, Smelter Demon and headless "Golems" we find throughout the game.

    Along with this, we find the Ancient Dragon that Aldia created was created with a Giant Soul. So just like the Soul of an Everlasting Dragon can be used to make a Golem, the Soul of a Giant can be used to make an Everlasting Dragon... which, if the holes are anything to go by, could arguably make it a Golem too.

    King Vendrick (and Aldia) the Ivory King, the Old Iron King, and even Lord Gwyn, all used Golems and animated suits of armor to serve as builders and warriors for their kingdoms. Because one of the core concepts of Dark Souls 2 is imitation - imitation of the past, but also imitation of life. Hollows have holes in their backs, giants have holes in their faces, golems have holes in their chests... the corpse of the Everlasting Dragon has holes in it's wing palms. Note that there are also a bunch of dolls in Ornifex's workshop with a similar hole in their chests.

    So what if Everlasting Dragons were just creations from a previous age, created to suck up all the souls and stop the Cycle of Disparity? If no souls can escape, then no souls can flourish anew and everything stays grey and equal and calm... at least, until a new flame erupts suddenly.

    submitted by /u/JJShurte
    [link] [comments]

    Dear people who summon and dismiss phantoms for no reason

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 09:15 PM PST

    I've been sitting here for the last half an hour hoping to help someone, anyone, and get me my medals. Just browsing reddit and listening to the lava crackle.

    Finally I get a summon! I'm excited, I'm happy, I load into the world and you stare at me in unmoving silence. I bow in service to you. Before my bow is even complete, you are already using your Black crystal...

    Was it something I didn't say?!

    submitted by /u/Otherwiseclueless
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat the game. What a crazy journey. 10/10

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 01:19 PM PST

    I started the game in 2019 (PS4) when there was a sale, after having previously beat DS3 (NG+1) and tried DS1 as well. I then stopped because I ran around in The Shaded Woods and got killed by enemies I couldn't see, and I was a bit stressed about other stuff back then too.

    Fast forward to a global pandemic a year later, and an urge to get consumed by a game once again, I tried re-downloading DS2.

    I then took it upon myself to fight through all the enemies, frustration, weird hitboxes (!), adaptability??????????????, gorgeous views, amazing, tragic and relatable story (a King who just wanted to impress his Lady, basically), and I sit here now with heart pounding and completely blown away.

    I have watched many Vaatividya lore videos to try and get an understanding of what happened, and I admit to also having used Fextralife Wiki to just know where to go, but I'm honestly amazed by the game. I have a PS4 Pro and played the Scholar version but it looks and runs so well, especially for a 5 (6) year old game.

    Favourite area: Dragon Aerie. Simply gorgeous.
    Worst area: Black Gulch (fkn statues)

    Armor of choice: Faraam set (it looks awesome and that's a fact
    Main weapon(s): Steel Sword with Fire in early game and Black Knight Halberd mid-to-late game.

    submitted by /u/toft23
    [link] [comments]

    Is it me or the nashandra was the easyest last boss in dark souls seres?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 12:20 PM PST

    I've beaten dark souls 1 and 3 many times,and recently i've beaten ds2 and i think Nashandra is the easyest last boss in all three of the games. Gwyn had (in my opinion) hard to dodge attacks, Soul of Cinder had hard to learn attacks and was kind of unpredictable. And to beat these bosses i needed some practice but the Nashandra wasn't hard at all. I have beaten her in first attempt and i did it without taking any damage i used Bonfire Ascetic and did the fight again and i took damage once and it's my question .Is it me Nashandra that easy?

    submitted by /u/Michu06
    [link] [comments]

    Random small cute doodles related to DS2 by request!

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 01:01 PM PST

    Hello, my favorite sub!

    I thought it could be fun to have a small thing where I could draw any silly, funny or cute doodle by request and post it here. Christmas time is coming and I think it would be fantastic to spend time time with the fellow skeletons and make some funny small doodles!

    e.g. Nashandra on a chocobo race

    You can request just about anything, but it must follow the rules

    • Shouldn't be NSFW in any way

    • Shouldn't be complicated and time-consuming. For example don't ask me to draw Vengarl in full armor overlooking the sea, this is just for small doodles

    • Should not be rude in any way

    • Must be submitted before midnight UTC+1 time, which is 2 hours from now on

    • Must be related to DS2 and can contain characters from other FromSoftware games (up to 3 characters)

    All doodles will be made in a simple way, with about 10 minutes given to each.

    I reserve the right to refuse a submission.

    And for now...

    Please submit your ideas if interested, and may the flames guide thee fellow ashen ones, may you find worth and not hesitate! Umbasa! :D

    You have 2 hours from now on!

    submitted by /u/taiyou_no_nozomi
    [link] [comments]

    Need friends

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 07:18 AM PST

    Just started a new run on DS2 lvl 60 battle mage, looking for summons and people to play with. Xbox 360 gamer tag: XxxTic x TocXxx

    submitted by /u/Deesh_12
    [link] [comments]

    SOTFS PS3 Bonfire Ascetics farming??

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 09:03 AM PST

    Hey, I'm trying the farming in Aldia's Keep but the 2 petrified hollows won't appear. I'm in (Aldia's) bonfire intensity level 3 or 4 I think. Also in Orro's Memory I can't find that famous x2 Bonfire Ascetics. Help anyone? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/nefastiumworx
    [link] [comments]

    Souls farming/Grinding

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 05:43 AM PST

    Hello all, SM 115m lv470 here, I'm trying to find the fastest way to level up. My goal is literally just to get to max level on this character, I have a lv150 character too although I don't really play it.

    I've been farming the giant lord for a while, it yields almost 500k souls per run, I enjoy the pvp in this game although there's very few players around my soul memory that still play. I can usually find an arena match but I'd rather invade someone for the chance to gain their souls. Think my record is 360k souls from one kill in a fight club.

    Also when an area is highlighted in orange on the travel selection screen, does that mean that there's an invade-able player there? Always thought that was the case, but I never really looked into it.

    (Iplay on Xbox one btw)

    submitted by /u/TheAlchemist143
    [link] [comments]

    Any opinions?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 12:59 PM PST

    Is it worth it to infuse Santiers spear with mundane anymore?

    submitted by /u/MrStula
    [link] [comments]

    Need help getting armor pieces

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 12:52 PM PST

    I've been farming for a long time in heids tower of flame for the Heid chestplate and gauntlets, meet me in brightstone cave bf 3 sm 2.4 mil god of desire

    submitted by /u/Henry86977
    [link] [comments]

    Drangleic castle

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 12:20 PM PST

    Why does the looking knight have to be so difficult but everyone else can murder him no problem even tho he is a badass looking boss but it doesn't stop me from getting frustrated

    submitted by /u/No-Rate-7015
    [link] [comments]

    Royal rat vanguard is genuinely baffling

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 12:06 PM PST

    So i understand ds2 has way to many bosses and some gotta be cannon fodder but did they even try with these guys

    submitted by /u/courier1234567890
    [link] [comments]

    I need Help!!!

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 11:55 AM PST

    Ok so my my story starts here, I played dark souls remastered but didnt like it and rage quitted. Now i am playing ds2 sotfs and have some problems. I am starting to fear mid or late game and not getting so much fun as i was getting when i started, my current equipment is:

    Greatsword +8, Drangleic Shield +1, Tseldora Armor +5 or Aerous Amor (not upgraded), and i use a health ring +1, cloranthy ring, ring of blades, and ring of binding.

    My stats are: VIG: 31, END: 29, VIT: 12, ADP: 16, STR: 50, DEX: 12, INT: 5, FAITH: 5, ATTUNEMENT: 5.

    I also killed the npc licia of lindeldt, the majula merchant and gavlan (by accident and i hate my myseld because of that)

    Also, i am at iron keep. But havent even entered the pit at majula.

    What would you reddit recommend me to keep enjoying the game? (Ill be checking the post daily)

    submitted by /u/WafflePuffle97
    [link] [comments]

    Light portal thing

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 10:04 AM PST

    I just killed Nashandra and there's a big light thing if I touch it does the game end?

    submitted by /u/blamedpower96
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone still playing ds2 on ps3??

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 09:43 AM PST

    I been playing ds2 since 2016, but i never played online (bc i didn't have internet) but now im playing in it online for the first time... But alone, and i was wondering if somebody wanna play with me :D (in ps3, sotfs)

    submitted by /u/gordo_demierda
    [link] [comments]

    Bonefire ascetic and soul shard of Nadalia

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 04:14 AM PST

    Does the fume knight keep droping a soul shard of Nadalia after using a bonefire ascetic? I'm missing one of 12 and don't have any more smelter wedges, already killed Alonne and I'm just about to give up.

    submitted by /u/BaleineCosmique
    [link] [comments]

    Blue Sentinels

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 05:24 AM PST

    Is there any way to rank in this covenant quickly? The arena is absolutely dead

    submitted by /u/bewbes
    [link] [comments]

    I made a boss rage quit. (Spoiler)

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 06:26 PM PST

    Brume Tower. Me, two NPCs vs Sir Alonne. What happens? I die, try again solo. Second time, he kills himself not long after I start, I get him to low health, and instead of dying like a normal boss he shoves his katana in his gut Seppuku style. Has anyone else seen this?

    submitted by /u/LordGuihave5999
    [link] [comments]

    The Vendrick boss fight is the crappiest thing i've ever seen

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 07:27 AM PST

    The fight isn't difficult, it's terrible really:

    • Vendrick only has 3 attacks
    • Just an error and you're done
    • The reward sucks
    submitted by /u/Figoos
    [link] [comments]

    anyone with 1.4 million SM to 1.7 million SM, i need help with smelter demon (xbox)

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 10:55 PM PST

    . Xbox one

    submitted by /u/kittyboi988
    [link] [comments]

    What's the over consensus on the MauLer's video "In defence of Dark Souls 2"

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 04:40 PM PST

    It's a question I've been meaning to ask for a while. I don't particularly like it, not because he doesn't like the game (there is a lot of things to dislike about it), but because he uses anecdotal evidence and over all just not presenting his points well.

    submitted by /u/LordQuaz12
    [link] [comments]

    I started to like it, bit now I'm frustrated.

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 01:45 AM PST

    Dark souls 2 took me a while before I started to like it. I've played ds1 and DS3 a ton. Bit I just really wanted to play this one just to complete the series. One of the strengths of the series is the hard bosses, and specially the relief you feel once you beat them. Now I beat the dukes dear freja. But after after beating you can't sit back for a second because the minions + the enemies outside start charging you like crazy. It made me lose the 50000 souls I just got from the fight.... And this is what frustrates me in more fights. You kill the boss, fog wall disappears and boom, gank time. It makes beating bosses less satisfying.

    submitted by /u/Haarmageddon
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment