• Breaking News

    Friday, December 18, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 10:07 PM PST

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Ashlake fanart by me. Definitely one of my favourite areas in the game. What's your favourite area in the game ? And why?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 05:10 PM PST

    I was two hits away from killing Artorias for the first time, then died.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 03:47 PM PST

    I really fucking hate myself. The first time I get this close, and I fucked up

    submitted by /u/Spicy_Ramen11
    [link] [comments]

    I drew another bell gargoyle in pen

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 11:03 AM PST

    You know, I really fucking love you guys

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 05:23 PM PST

    I love the Soulsborne community! The humor is on point, everyone is respectful, and we all enjoy jolly cooperation or a good invasion. Posts are always met with support, and gatekeeping is discouraged. We even have a slew of excellent content creators, from YouTubers to artists.

    There's no other community like it. Thanks for being badass, praise the sun, and have a great holiday season.

    submitted by /u/betabetafishfish
    [link] [comments]

    The four knights of gwyn. ( with terrible shading )

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 04:16 AM PST

    YES!! I BEAT ORNSTEIN AND SMOUGH ON MY 5TH TRY!!!!!

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 03:59 AM PST

    The problem however..... Is, well, can I trust Frampt with placing the lordvessel?

    submitted by /u/MechaBowzilla
    [link] [comments]

    Newbie here, got the remaster a couple days ago, any tips and/or tricks for a new player?

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 12:57 AM PST

    I also accept git guds

    submitted by /u/A_Dank_Skull
    [link] [comments]

    How does it keep happening?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 05:00 PM PST

    I have played this game at least 50 times, and every single time, I find something totally new

    I never knew in the Great Hollow you could roll off one of the branches into a tunnel with 3 crystal lizards with one of them having a slab. I also found out there's a walkway next to the undead dragon in the valley of the drakes

    Just crazy man. Every time

    submitted by /u/QCWiggins
    [link] [comments]

    I almost cried fighting Orstein and Smough

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 07:50 PM PST

    After repeatedly dying to these two, I was eventually able to defeat Ornstein. Smough seemed easy at first and I thought I had a chance to defeat him, my heart was racing, my hands were sweaty. I was zoned in on the fight. But then I choked, for some reason I fuck up my dodge, moving towards him and he insta kills me. The amount of pain I felt was immense. I was almost on the verge of tears as I reflect on the fight. I was so close. But it was all futile.

    I love this game

    submitted by /u/somedumbum
    [link] [comments]

    It turns out my second playthrough is being even better than my first

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 04:24 PM PST

    I know novelty is cool and bla bla bla, but starting a new character knowing 1) what stats to invest in 2) how to tackle each boss properly 3) what shortcuts to unlock 4) the optimal route to embers/upgrades and 5) which bonfires to prioritize kindling...

    Is just PRICELESS.

    I know there's still plenty to explore in Lordran, difference being I feel much better prepared this time around.

    God, I love this game.

    submitted by /u/marclonia
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat game, first time

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 12:36 AM PST

    And wow, jaw on floor. Not only an incredible game, but I can't believe I overcame every challenge I was faced with. Notable achievements on my playthrough: beat gwyn and sif first time encountering them. No guide or summons. Beat the gargoyles no summons. Hardest boss: ceaseless discharge. Only later to find out there's a much easier way... Easiest Boss: gaping dragon, cuz I had two summons to help. Fav moment: cutting off the bell gargoyles tail and receiving a special item I wasn't expecting. Now I'm ready to consume lore and move to Dark Souls II. Part of me just wants to play again lol. But, I'm determined to continue lighting the fires and proving myself. I'm happy to traverse the white fog that is Dark Souls I.

    submitted by /u/drockalexander
    [link] [comments]

    Y'all want a real challenge?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 06:39 PM PST

    Try DrunkSouls. I'm beginning to question why I put myself thru shit like this.

    submitted by /u/Juggalo702
    [link] [comments]

    I have the disc version of remastered. Thinking of buying it digitally for convenience. What happens with my saves? Would i have to start over my current playthrough?

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 12:59 AM PST

    Pretty much title.

    Im thinking about buying the digital version, mainly due to laziness. So i dont have to switch out the disk if i want to play a different game on a whim. I mainly use physical copies of games. Only digital games i own are Red Dead Redemption 2 and Grounded( because its early access and no physical copy yet). But sometimes ill want to play something other than dark souls or rdr 2 so ill have to switch discs. Not a big deal at all really. But after working all day i tend to get lazy at night.

    If i bought the digital version of DSR, would my saves still work like normal? Would they all be there? I currently have 2 saves im bouncing back and forth between.

    submitted by /u/_konvikt_
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you Lady Mander!

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 08:56 PM PST

    Yet another post thanking an invader. I know these get posted a lot but I had a great experience tonight. It was my first time showing my wife the game. After already fighting through the initial frustrations of getting far enough to co-op together we finally made it to the first section we could co-op. After making our way through this first area and her beginning to enjoy the game a bit more now that we were playing together it happened... we got invaded. We were literally right at the small bridge to the first bonfire outside of Firelink and we got invaded. My heart sunk. I hadn't yet explained to wife how invasions worked and thus far we had been left to our own devices. Yet here, just moments before making our first milestone we were going to be slaughtered and sent back... but then Lady Mander began waving and dropping items on the ground. My wife was very confused as I had just started freaking out and having a panic attack at the initial indication of invasion. After giving a whole slew of great items for beginners like us we ended up having a fight to end it. We did lose this fight, with Lady Mander tricking us into getting near a ledge and then using Force to send us flying off the ledge. Although this did set us back we were gifted plenty of humanities to keep us trucking along and we laughed at the experience instead of being frustrated. Thus became the theme of the night as we were invaded by Lady Mander at least 3 or 4 more times throughout our playthrough. During all subsequent invasion not only were we gifted items we needed such as Purple Moss near the rats under the dragon, but they were kind enough to open some secret passages and just travel around with us as we made our way through a few more sections. Overall it was a very fun experience and sadly had to end with us leaving in the middle of one of these adventures together. I know it's a long shot but if you ever read this Lady Mander, know that you brightened my wife and I's night and helped keep the experience largely positive. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Omno555
    [link] [comments]

    I just bought a PS4 and Dark Souls: Remastered

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 07:29 PM PST

    I've been interested in Dark Souls since it came out and I don't know why, maybe because all the "you died" memes I've seen or maybe the obscure, "dark" aura of it. Like two months ago I started reading Kentaro Miura's Berserk and fell in love with it, like REALLY, I haven't been this obsessed with a manga since I read JoJo's Bizarre Adventure six years ago. I heard Berserk influenced Dark Souls a lot or something so I decided it was time to play it.

    I have NEVER played a game on playstation (I barely know how to hold a joystick) and I SUCK at videogames in general, no exaggeration I'm just kind of decent at playing GTA SA, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow and uh... Pokemon Emerald Version I guess? All of them on PC/Emulator.

    I just wanted to share this, have a nice day.

    submitted by /u/gabiwave
    [link] [comments]

    Why dont the undead just cure themselves via purging stones

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 03:34 AM PST

    So if lorevise curses in dark souls cant be fully cured but only transfered to other living beings then why cant undead just use purging stones to rid themselves of undead curse since purging stones are tehnically living beings used to cure people from curses. Seems like either a plothole or bad storytelling to me but im probably missing something

    submitted by /u/Wolfinsk
    [link] [comments]

    What if there were a sadistic god in the game, who gave you an item that counted how many you've lost to double-death?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 11:26 PM PST

    Then whenever you were trying to save up souls for something, you could look at your magic scroll and try to count the number of digits on your lost souls number.

    submitted by /u/tossed123
    [link] [comments]

    It's cliche at this point, but I BEAT O&S!!!

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 12:51 PM PST

    They thumped me so badly I put DS down for years (and played the rest of the From Games). I picked up remastered a few weeks ago and got to O&S just when Cyberpunk arrived. After a few days of that buggy, lesser game, I got back into the fire and after some grinding I thumped the fuckers in my 2nd attempt. Did the Painted World right after, but would be grateful for any advice where to go next.

    submitted by /u/LordAwesomesauce
    [link] [comments]

    Pinwheel is... fun?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 07:02 PM PST

    So, today i started my first run as cleric, and since im trying to use miracles i went to the graveyard to get into the gravelord servants pact, while trying to land into the "bridge" i somehow fell into the plataform where you summon Leroy, i was in hollow form but i thought "hey, im already here, im going to kill pinwheel" and after managing to avoid some skeletons i walked into pinwheel's arena and... it was a fun fight, i was low level (had around 15 strenght) and was using the starting weapon of the class, i didn't dealt that much damage and since i was wearing the default armor i was taking lots of damage for pinwheel standards, i got distracted by the clones and got hit a few times, and after killing him i was surprised, not only because he didnt dropped any mask but because i actually had fun while fighting him, so, if anyone wants to have some fun with him i invite everyone to fight it without Leroy, or the zweihander, or using magic

    submitted by /u/jul55555
    [link] [comments]

    Seath Bonfire?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 10:33 PM PST

    I just killed Seath in Crystal Cave and I cannot activate the bonfire in his room. Is this a glitch, do I need to kill the clams, or is it even worth lighting?

    submitted by /u/Milk-Snake
    [link] [comments]

    Bought the game (my first soulsike experience) two weeks ago and finally beat it today!

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 02:46 PM PST

    Title. Feelings proud of myself, might fuck around and demolish who i found annoying in NG+.

    i hope i can look back at all the boss fights i uploaded on youtube and realize how much of a noob i am

    submitted by /u/Camminatore
    [link] [comments]

    I need help with o&s

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 10:15 PM PST

    I'm using the zweilander and gargoyles halberd +5 to kill them but I can't even kill one of them. I can't summon solaire because I killed him on accident and I don't have online so what should I do

    submitted by /u/Kadler10
    [link] [comments]

    Aight I don’t come here often (for spoilers) but I will update you all on my progress through the game

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 04:05 PM PST

    So I chose Warrior as my class since I dunno why. Asylum demon was easy I got black fire bombs but wasted them all but after I got above the bitch I whooped his ass. Headed to fire link and beat up some skellys then went to undead burg after having a bit of trouble in this right ass hallway against the black knight I killed him and then I annihilated the Taurus demon. The dragon nerd was annoying and was a bitch but I got under him and went to undead parish. I still use the claymore to this day it's my highest dps weapon and halberd is weird. So then I killed the boar and the Wizard and the big boy then I met Andre and I forgot to mention Solaire but he was a chad. Then I went up (I was human at the time because I learned about kindling. So then I beat a rapier bastard and got his chestplate it's called like the "balder armor" and I beat bell gargoyles with Solaire on the first time and I got the bell gargoyle helmet and I also got the black knight shield before this and now I'm getting kicking the shit out of me by Capra Demon. Any tips?

    submitted by /u/Borkbowl
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Remastered vs Dark Souls PTDE with DSFix

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 07:36 PM PST

    I have pretty much played through Dark Souls PTDE and just installed the dsfix mod. Is it with getting the remastered version and starting over? From what I can tell I cannot transfer my save game to the remastered version which is disappointing.

    submitted by /u/grim70
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment