• Breaking News

    Monday, December 14, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 10:12 PM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!

    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Lore details : The origin of the Hollow/Royal Soldier Set

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 01:13 AM PST

    Hi, so I decided to make a few posts with lore details or theories which I have been thinking about for a while. I wanted to start off with something that a few might already know, but which isn't really widely talked about. The origin of the Royal Soldier Set!

    First of all, this armor is used by actual Drangleic soldiers. They're a step up from the standard infantry, which likely consisted of conscripted Drangleic citizens. They have some armor crafted by the royal blacksmith.

    One cool fact about their gear comes from their shield. It might be almost useless now in its broken state, but what's interesting is the description: "The accoutrements of royal soldiers feature a depiction of a brave knight from an old parable." Alright, so their gear features a knight from some old tale. But do we know who?

    And yes, we do! The reference used for the Royal Soldier Armor is Paladin Leeroy from Dark Souls 1. Paladin Leeroy was the first Undead to go on a mission for the Way of White, long before the events of Dks1 and 2.

    It's pretty nice of Vendrick to give the likeness of a legendary Undead warrior to his own soldiers. I'm not sure of the meaning behind it though. What do you think of that?

    submitted by /u/LavosYT
    [link] [comments]

    Finally beat the game. Perhaps one of my favourite game.

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 09:54 AM PST

    Thank you FromSoftware for this splendid game. Even though it was released 6 years ago, I think it still holds up for a great RPG game. Thank you for the players that helped me with some bosses and thank you, 6 year old Reddit posts.

    submitted by /u/Blobolosh_the_1st
    [link] [comments]

    A question for Dark souls bosses

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 12:30 PM PST

    Do you remember the death screams of bosses? Their last emotion before they died and are lost forever? There cry for help. Their curses at you. Now comes my question, us there a Video that shows us all of the deaths. Some of the screams really make you feel with the character. Raime who tries to talk to Nadalia, Sir allone who kills himself, the last giant who failed at his revenge. And not only in Ds2 but also DS1 best example is Atorias. And also gwendoling who literally curses at you. So is there a video of that? I would really like that.

    submitted by /u/Vipers_Northstar
    [link] [comments]

    Drew a little portrait of my character

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 02:20 PM PST

    How long would a vendrick take with a +0 broken thief sword, base attack power, No giant souls, and no damage boosts (resins,Rings,etc)

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 08:48 AM PST

    Title explains it i guess. I did midir for 10 hours now i want to move over to ds2. Im looking for a 15 hour fight which will also be done in a single session.

    submitted by /u/jowit2
    [link] [comments]

    Question about bonfire ascetic

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 06:34 AM PST

    If you use bonfire ascetic in ng and make that bonfire level 2 does this effect stays in ng+ ? Example: a bonfire is level 2 in Ng+ will become automatically level 3?

    submitted by /u/Gamikulak
    [link] [comments]

    Do you need to beat dark lurker to beat the game?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 01:08 PM PST

    So you all feel as if you need to best darklurker to "finish" the game, or is leaving him acceptable.

    submitted by /u/Cardinal_Mince
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat Vendrick with no giant souls

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 11:18 AM PST

    It took like 40 minutes but it is possible. Used maxed out notched whip and ashen sword for the occasional 200 bleed damage, come prepared with repair powder, I had to use it two or three times. Used Crest of Blood ring to increase bleed damage and the ring of restoration to heal automatically without estrus flasks, it's a long fight so conserving health is key. Circle strafing him to the right with light to no armor to avoid his attacks then attacking after his swipe is the best strategy. Used Havel's shield +2 to deflect his attacks. His most dangerous attack is the three successive strikes, if you dodge one or two with enough health it's possible to survive. My VGR was 27, END 44, LV 127.

    submitted by /u/OH_MY_TVC15
    [link] [comments]

    Help needed

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 09:05 AM PST

    Hello skeletons,
    I finished dark souls 3 twice as my first dark souls game, i loved it and i got pretty good at it. Pretty much not a single boss from that game is an issue anymore, not even midir or nameless king.
    I know this game even though it's dark souls 2 isnt the same and shouldnt neccessarily be approached the same way, I've been open minded.

    Right now I just killed the last giant boss and i continued that path i guess using his key. In this area I get ultra invaded by Armorer dennis constantly preventing me from getting any progress. If I go to soldier's rest at any point he comes and he's very overleveled compared to me, I can't be asked to waste more time trying to kill him. Therefor i said fuck it and explored right from the Majula bonfire. Through the tunnel thing to a big lighthouse. These big warriors are tough and at the end of it i just met a boss, is this the way i have to go now? I'm so confused by the world design in Dark Souls 2, right now every way i go feels wrong

    submitted by /u/BreadGotten
    [link] [comments]

    Bout to enter the drangleic for the first time since launch

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 08:07 AM PST

    Time to complete the souls game I skipped

    submitted by /u/VanguardGamma
    [link] [comments]

    Just a thanks to helping me kill the Ivory King

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 09:43 AM PST

    Bubthesub you died first, then I died, and then I think I died again. But we got it the fourth time, thanks man for keeping me from going hollow

    submitted by /u/vheran
    [link] [comments]

    Ds 2 pvp active on pc?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 05:29 AM PST

    Hi Im thinking to buy ds2 for pvp, but I'm wondering if it's active on pc. Thanks in advance I played remastered, now I'm thinking to get ds 2 and later ds 3, I want to get all lore and story. But ds 2 for pvp cuz I heard it's the most balanced

    submitted by /u/BudgetSignificance69
    [link] [comments]

    FOR THE PLAYER NAMED BARKBUR IN THE ARENA

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 08:32 PM PST

    THANKS SO MUCH FOR TEACHING ME HOW TO PARRY, I LEGIT PARRIED SOMEONE NEXT ROUND THANK THANK THANK YOU SO MUCH (i had not yet mastered it but thank you for helping me regardless please i want him her to see this.)

    submitted by /u/Apple4Slize
    [link] [comments]

    DS2 allows some really diverse and unique builds. What are your favorites?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 07:41 AM PST

    DS2 in my opinion lets you do the craziest builds and tricks outside of normal pure dex strength type deals. things like mundane got nerfed to oblivion. looking to do some crazy and interesting builds to see all the game can offer. Currently doing a butterfly stinger poison build. What other fun things have you done or know about. Looking for ideas :)

    submitted by /u/demonardvark
    [link] [comments]

    Someone please help explain this to me...

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 12:57 PM PST

    I decided to put on Havel's armor set to see what's up and as i was passing some spiders to get to Ornifex to see what she might have for trading, i got hit. What i saw is that the damage i took was basically almost as much as when i had the Heide armor set on which basically tells me that the extra weight i put on for extra defense doesn't make that much of a difference especially against bosses.

    Am i right in assuming so? I honestly haven't played around with armors, i just farmed the Heide armor set and used that so what i was expecting was to be much more tankier than i used to be which ended up not being the case.

    Edit : PvE ^

    submitted by /u/TheArtOfVEL
    [link] [comments]

    360

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 08:10 AM PST

    Have been playing online past 40 hours and today it says I get a notification saying I cannot connect to the dark souls servers, but I'm connected to Xbox live. Any help? Playing on 360

    submitted by /u/Deesh_12
    [link] [comments]

    Enchanted Infusion On Moonlight Greatsword Makes You Lose Ranged Attack? Wtf?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 09:09 AM PST

    Saw a post and been curious about it. Is it true? It was "Enchanted Moonlight is pretty sweet, even if you lose the ranged attack."

    submitted by /u/letumexordo
    [link] [comments]

    Brightstone Cove Tseldora

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 07:00 PM PST

    I'm not afraid of spiders in real life, but the spiders covering the walls in the caves literally made me shiver each time I had to fight them. They remind me of huge yellow garden spiders. Fuck out of here.

    Does anyone have a specific enemy or area that gives you the creeps?

    submitted by /u/tallblondemonsta
    [link] [comments]

    Why are the ogres so hard!

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 02:57 PM PST

    They have the wonkest hitboxes, I cant seem to hit them while standing on them, but they can grab me and bite my head off, killing me instantly, with their grab while their back is to me and they are 20 feet away.

    Its frustrating

    submitted by /u/Reasonable_Fight
    [link] [comments]

    Darklurker / Dark Chasm of Old issue

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 06:12 AM PST

    I beat DS2 a few months ago, and then learned about Darklurker. I played through Demon Souls (PS3) and just finished that up last week. So I decided to return to DS2 to try out Darklurker.

    It took me a bit to figure out how to finally reach Darklurker, and by the time I could get to him consistently, I didn't have a lot of effigies. So I've fought him maybe 10 times, got him down to about 5% HP at one point. But then I needed to farm effigies.

    So I did that, and returned to Grandahl, gave him an effigy, and the abyss appeared to open up, but I can't access it. I've restarted the game, but I can't give him another effigy, and I can't access the abyss. I went to another of the Dark Chasm access areas, and the abyss doesn't appear open there, but I haven't given Grandahl another effigy because I don't want to waste them.

    Any tips?

    submitted by /u/crippless
    [link] [comments]

    Darklurker access questions

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 06:53 AM PST

    I am getting really annoyed by this section, and wanted to make sure I understood it before returning to frustration.

    In order to access the Dark Chasm of Old, I met Grendahl 3 times, at the third place, I gave him a Human Effigy and he gave me access at the third location. He's no longer at the first two (I didn't learn about this area until he was at the third location)

    Will I have to give an Effigy, clear the one he is at, then give an effigy and make my way to the others? Or should he be at each location if I return to the others? And I have to give an Effigy every time I want to access an area or the boss?

    Can you summon players in these areas or for the boss? Can you buy effigies or do I have to farm them?

    submitted by /u/SanDimas1988
    [link] [comments]

    I have just defeated Belfry Gargoyles.

    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 10:59 PM PST

    Honestly, this game just does not feel as difficult as the first one, although it might be because of experience. Regardless, most bosses so far have been pretty underwhelming, except for Pursuer. The Belfry Gargoyles were a nice nod to Dark Souls 1, even requiring you to ring the Bell of Awakening before the fight. Nevertheless, the boss itself felt more like Four Kings, since I had to fight 3 of them simultaneously. I was close to death about 3 or 4 times, but still managed to beat them on first try. It a nice change of pace compared to other, more humanoid bosses. I hope the rest of the game won't disappoint.

    PLS no spoilers in comments!

    submitted by /u/some-kind-of-no-name
    [link] [comments]

    How many dark areas are in this game?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 03:55 AM PST

    What I mean is like no mans warf something like that or something like irythil dungeon in ds3 are there alot of areas like that in this game?

    submitted by /u/Ice7674
    [link] [comments]

    Covenants

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 01:06 PM PST

    Hi again. I bought ds2, quick question... Is rat covenant decent for pvp? Or is it dead?

    submitted by /u/BudgetSignificance69
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment