• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 30, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 10:07 PM PST

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on Velstadt solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls2/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I have done it!

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 09:04 AM PST

    Finally, after what feels like forever... https://imgur.com/gallery/6Slql6s

    submitted by /u/masterninja3402
    [link] [comments]

    Thought I'd share this fun thing I do whenever I get to Sinner's Rise.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 10:11 PM PST

    Not sure if anyone else does this, it's certainly impractical but is always a good laugh whenever I do it successfully.

    https://streamable.com/mjgcdu

    submitted by /u/valerianreiss
    [link] [comments]

    Kind soul

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 09:27 AM PST

    To whoever it was that invaded my sl1 champions run and dropped life gems, petrified something's, and divine blessings. You are the best! I shall praise your divine light while I continue this task!

    submitted by /u/Dr_Vegapunk8
    [link] [comments]

    It's good to return to Majula

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 01:56 PM PST

    DS2:SOTFS was my first proper souls game back in like 2015. I tried DS1 and hated it (DS3 wasn't out) but my friend made me try DS2 instead. After getting pummeled and pummeled by literally anything and dying for weeks to the Rune Sentinels I finally clocked onto how the game works and I broke past the skill ceiling and went onto complete it. From then, and for the past 5 years I've then beaten DS1 and 3 multiple times each as well as other Soulslikes etc.

    Finally I've returned to DS2 to replay it and it's brought back a lot of fun memories. And thanks to my love of Souls the areas that challenged me I'm now demolishing without any issue. Rune Sentinels? One try without using half any estus. Taking on enemies that used to slaughter me and not taking a scratch.

    The game definitely has some issues compared to the other games in the franchise, but otherwise it is great to be back. Going for 100% this time. I'm ready.

    submitted by /u/ajperry1995
    [link] [comments]

    (PS4)(OFFERING HELP)(ANY SOUL MEMORY)(ANYWHERE)IM HERE TO HELP ANYONE! I HAVE 10 CHARACTERS SO I CAN CONNECT WITH LITERALLY ANY SOUL MEM!

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 08:24 PM PST

    So yea I have 10 different characters.csn help all and any soul memories. Just shoot me a message my characters range from 30k-150million SM ILL BE PLAYING FOR THE NEXT 6 HOURS HMU

    submitted by /u/Idkmyname2014
    [link] [comments]

    On Sunlight Medal farming

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 12:31 PM PST

    Alright, I've seen some posts about Sunlight Medal farming, but I believe I haven't seen this particular strategy described before so here goes:

    I just completed farming 30 Sunlight Medals for the Sunlight Spear miracle (hooray!) and I think I used the fastest method possible (took me about 3-4 hours I believe). It took me a while to figure this out (got ganked at the camp in Brightstone Cove Tseldora many times and wasted some time in Things Betwixt as well), but finally I got it down. At the first bonfire in BCT, I ran into the tent (the rectangular one) accessible through a gap in the wall, where one Falconer is standing. After a while, another one will run in. These two are very easy to deal with, after which it is a small run back to the bonfire. Rinse and repeat. Of course joining the Company of Champions is a must to prevent enemies from despawning. My equipment (best possible to my knowledge): Symbol of Avarice, Prisoner's Tatters, Watchdragon Parma, Covetous Gold Serpent Ring+2 and Rusted Coins (while my stock lasted).

    Also, I noticed that after about 10 Sunlight Medals, the Falconers stopped dropping their equipment and only dropped the medals (still at the same rate as before, though). Does anybody know why this happens?

    Anyway, I hope I helped someone out to complete this tedious task a bit quicker with this guide! Happy medal hunting!

    Edit: I forgot to mention that this has to be done on NG+.

    submitted by /u/baeckahaesten
    [link] [comments]

    Good thing to remember...

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 12:30 PM PST

    ... when coming back to DS2 after a while playing DS1 : jump button

    Opened the chest to get the human effigies right before Forest of Fallen Giants, simple jump needed to shortcut into the forest, over the water

    Died miserably

    submitted by /u/sabrosafb
    [link] [comments]

    To those that I invaded in Frigid Outskirts

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 03:55 PM PST

    I am really sorry...I pretended to be your friends and tried "helping you through the level" only to backstab you when you were being attacked by a reindeer. Again I am sorry, if you didnt finish that area Darius, or DepressedDeath please let me help you to make up for it!

    submitted by /u/SuperD00perGuyd00d
    [link] [comments]

    Dearest DS2 Community,

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 12:03 PM PST

    Hi,

    Y'all have the best messages in the series. You really do. DS1 players barely know what an orange soapstone is. Bloodborne players can't think beyond their prerendered sentences. DS3 players are too busy edgelording to tell each other a joke. But you all, you're fantastic, it warms my dark soul on every playthrough.

    And so I am writing with a heart full of love and bountiful sunlight to say: you can do better.

    Your memes are stale and your references hollow. Every skeleton refuses to give up. Every cliff hides a secret item. Every wall is illusory. You've licked every but hole and thrust every dark spot. Horse. We get it.

    I believe in you, though. I believe that you have it in you to git gud, and write messages that surprise us again.

    Tremendous effort isn't required. Perhaps I'd like to [try phantom but hole] one day. We know all about the Herald's tightest spot, but did you know Agdayne has an [overwhelming beanpole ahead]? Though you might have to worry about [man equipment breakage].

    For increased difficulty, try for a challenge: I'd really love to see some genuine ideas for invading the sanity of new and returning players. Did you know that every pot in shulva should have a [warning: poison] label? Or that darkdwellers, the last giant, and fume knight can all be easily killed due to their [weakness: parry stun & stab]. Sure, you're a liar for calling that normal wall an illusion. But if a hidden door is an [illusion and then ambush ahead], then you're not a liar, because it really was illusory, so about that ambush...

    There's a jolly world of message builds just waiting to be tried. They might not all be the most effective thing you've written. Still, I implore you, give them a shot. You might just find a new favorite for both of us.

    Sincerely,

    Fatty

    submitted by /u/maldrame
    [link] [comments]

    To the creator of Fume Knight, I hope this finds you well

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 07:47 PM PST

    Feeling horribly unbalanced, Any hints on titanite shard farming?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 09:36 AM PST

    Without too much spoilers can I get a heads up jow to get titanite shards to try new weapons?

    I beat prisoner dude with his sword and little bug friend, got up to fancy royal doors with knight bouncers in two spots, saved a bunch of peeps and clothed one of them with my leftovers.

    Despite two damn blacksmiths and being level 70 I still cant buy or farm titanite shards.

    I searched the prison area high and low but it's dead ended. I'm finding titanite chunks but still no shards.

    Am I blatantly missing an area somehow that has titanite shards?

    Thank you for any help.

    submitted by /u/Syrup_Chugger_3000
    [link] [comments]

    So I heard your supposed to get giant souls before fighting Vendrick but I wondered how many is necessary.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 12:05 PM PST

    I have one right now, i sort of want to kill him if its even only slightly doable or should I wait until i have 3? 5?

    submitted by /u/redditisfinebyme
    [link] [comments]

    sorry, dragon spirit lautrec of carim(?)

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 11:39 AM PST

    I'm running a greatbow build sniping people off the narrow bridge before smelter demon, but my aim is really bad. Enter Lautrec (at least I think that's the name, it might've been somebody else). He runs across the bridge, I miss the shot, and he, very kindly I might add, turns and waves to me, but I was still frustrated over missing the shot and send him flying into the lava with a second one while he's still gesturing. Sorry, Lautrec, or whatever your name was. I hadn't hit a surprise shot yet with this build and I was getting impatient. I regret shooting you while you were waving.

    submitted by /u/TheGreatQ-Tip
    [link] [comments]

    Alright ... that's fucking it. Anyone wanna help me kill fume knight? After 2 years of trying off and on I've had enough of this bitch and his big ass sword.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 06:50 AM PST

    I'm on xbox and my sm is 3 mil

    submitted by /u/n0st3p0nSn3k
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 01:36 PM PST

    So I'm a big souls fan but I've only played Bloodborne, sekiro and ds3 so I was interested in buying ds1 or ds2 but my question is which one would you say has the fastest combat? Like Ik the older ones are considered slower paced But which game has the ability to use fast weapons and have them viable for the entire game.

    submitted by /u/OrneryLink4843
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to summon manscorpian tark for scorpioness najka boss fight

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 01:14 PM PST

    I exhausted all his dialogue after getting the ring of whispers. I'm in human form and the summoning sign still won't appear outside of the boss room. Not sure what I'm doing wrong

    I am on the scholar of the first sin edition if that changes anything

    submitted by /u/Xgarnet7
    [link] [comments]

    Appreciation Post for the Best Dark Souls Character

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 07:15 PM PST

    When in need of respite, a laugh, or other things so precious in Drangleic; look not to Majula. Instead, look to Huntsman's Copse. Take off your clothes, lay down your weapons, and go jogging with the nice hollow with no ill intentions.

    Instructional video: https://youtu.be/Sik--F3JRoU

    submitted by /u/AceTrainerQ
    [link] [comments]

    Almost done

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 08:04 AM PST

    Just need Outcry, and I'll have every spell. Been a hell of a joyrney.

    submitted by /u/masterninja3402
    [link] [comments]

    I feel like the dlc in this game is overated

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 11:12 AM PST

    Ok, ok, ok, hear me out. I realize that the dlc in this game is really popular but I dont quite understand that. Some design here absolutely boggles my mind at how dumb it is. Like the run back to blue smelter demon, blue smelter demon, the kings pets, frigid outskirts, who the hell thought it was a good idea to have to fight those knights in old chaos every time. The enemies are also lazily designed. And any challenge comes from unfair ganks. It feels so lackluster and unfair. That kind of sums up the game through.I

    submitted by /u/Western_Telephone773
    [link] [comments]

    Which dark souls game should I get 1,2 or 3?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 07:21 AM PST

    My cousin introduced me into the world of dark souls recently. It was fun ;)

    submitted by /u/JaceTheKiller22
    [link] [comments]

    YCEY - A SUNBRO ASCENDS, Thank you DS2 Community!

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 12:56 AM PST

    I finally maxed out my devotion to the Heirs of Sun!

    Thank you EVERYONE who saw my summon sign over the past few weeks and called "Ycey" to fight alongside you, whether you really even needed the help or not! (Shadow, you are a parry god!) also had the joy of fighting alongside the same Phantom, Gvin, with two different hosts. It was fun ganking the gargoyle squad, Aloh!

    Also, I noticed almost everyone passed this item by unless I pointed it out while summoned: There's a hidden Ring of Life Protection in No Man's Wharf (saves all your souls and prevents hollowing upon death). Exact Location in the comments.

    The only downside to all this is my internet must've been faulty because I didn't get the achievement for maxing a covenant.

    submitted by /u/YceyAudios
    [link] [comments]

    DS2 Meta Douchebag Butterfly Troll Build | Dark Souls 2 SOTFS Invasion Build

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 07:27 AM PST

    What SM is the best for PVP?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 07:26 AM PST

    I want to do more pvp. I have two characters. One is at the lowest soul memory and the other is at the highest. The lower one sees more players and the higher one there's no one to co-op or invade with

    submitted by /u/aippersbachj
    [link] [comments]

    I have a few questions I need answered for a smarter playthrough.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 07:36 PM PST

    1. Does stamina actually regen faster with lighter armor? In that case is it better to go with light armor and reinforce it instead of heavy armor?

    2. Are the boss weapons really that much better than regular ones? Im a sword user because I like fast weapons with low stamina costs, I feel like my level 10 Falchion is still out performing the one boss sword I have at +4 so I kind of feel like I wasted the rare materials needed for upgrading boss weapons.

    3. What are all the required items for the various locked off areas? Im not talking normal keys to like door within and area but the doors and things you need to even enter areas. I pick up items too quickly and I often lose track of what items is supposed to do what.

    submitted by /u/redditisfinebyme
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment