• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 16, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 10:07 PM PST

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on Velstadt solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls2/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I have a theory. Want to gauge community interest before I write it up

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 03:41 AM PST

    Greetings Skeletons.

    Dark Souls 2 is considered by many the odd ball of the family. Playing them all over and over I find dark souls 2 to be my favorite. However, tackling demon souls again in both ps3 and remaster I started to notice a pattern. Mechanically I see a lot more of demon souls mechanics and world building in dark souls 2 than any of the other souls. I have enough evidence to present a strong case in many ways of Dark souls 2 really being more like demon souls 2 or a more pure spiritual successor than dark souls 1 is.

    This would be a very large write up. I would include sources and pictures to back up claims. But I want to see if anyone would really be interested before I take the time and effort.

    Let me know :)

    *edit* enough positive response that i'll make it :D many sources will be wikipedia and fextra life but its showcasing ideals. Again the goal is to point out similarities in design and concept not necessarily say one is better than the other or anything.

    *edit 2* want to do right by this. its going to take awhile. looking to finally release it maybe saturday or sunday. lot of good examples brought up below i didn't know or catch myself. posters will be given credit were appropriate. please share any other ideas you may have. it helps out :)

    submitted by /u/demonardvark
    [link] [comments]

    The Majula soundtrack is mind-twistingly good

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 06:58 PM PST

    I found DS2 first and absolutely loved the game as a whole. I've played through the series now and I haven't found a song that rivals Majula for its ambiance, significance, and awesome tone.

    I could write a 12 page essay on everything I love about Majula OST. The absolute apex of ambient music done right imo.

    submitted by /u/FlameeDearFlamee
    [link] [comments]

    Unpopular opinion: the last few stages of DS2 were way more epic and chilling than DS1 and DS3.

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 12:55 AM PST

    Undead crypt: the nerve-wracking fear of me or any of the zombies hitting one of the bells, that epic battle vs Velstadt followed by the haunting image of Vendrick himself, hollowed, wandering endlessly in the dark. That shit was fucking haunting!

    Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed DSR, and I love the combat and the environment of DS3, but DS2s scenery and story were truly awesome! The Nashandra bossfight was kind of disappointing though lol, the watcher and defender was harder. I beat her first try as she spawned right after.

    submitted by /u/svettsokkk
    [link] [comments]

    How to easily beat the Royal Rat Authority for melee players

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 09:02 AM PST

    First off, this strategy only works if you have a 100% physical damage nullification shield. I used a +3 Drangleic Shield.

    Okay, so I equipped the Third Dragon Ring, +2 Life Ring, +1 Chloranthy Ring and +1 Ring of Blades. These rings have a small total weight, and with their effects you will have a lot of health, stamina, stamina regen and extra physical damage. My armor was full upgrade Drangleic Armor and leggings, Vengarl's Helm and Jester Gloves. The Armor doesn't matter thought, as long as you keep it less than 70%.

    So, on to the actual strat. Equip the shield on left arm and slashing weapon with swiping attacks (I used a +10 Bastard sword, one of the most comfortable averaje joe weapons in the game) on the right hand to both easily deal with the ratlets in one swoop and hit the boss as he will keep jumping around, making thrusting/piercing weapons a pretty bad choice due to the windup and retract animation. I also had a few Fire Resins with me to deal extra damage.

    The moment you get in, run to the ratlets and use a running two handed sweep to kill 1-4 of them. Then immidiately switch to one handed and raise your shield while facing the Rat. Approach him and stay close. If he swipes with his front paw to your left, roll in and under him and hit once or twice at his back legs. The rat will jump back. Raise your shield and if he lunges at you, tank it. This will stagger you, but you will take 0 damage. The stagger time will be short enough to allow you to move bellow him before he starts his sweeping attack and hit his legs. He will then move back again. Rinse and repeat the above until he is one hit away. I have heard that at this point he will spew poison. He won't jump back for this as far as I know, so if you are between his back legs, just hit him no worry. If you aren't, this attack may be able to oneshot you, so either roll in behind his legs or dodge if possible.

    Alternatively, you can stay to his side closer to his back legs and get a couple hits in before the mentioned above pattern starts, usually at 80% boss health, but the above strategy is more safe.

    IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE:

    1) If he charges and headbutts you, if your shield isn't aligned correctly or you stand too much to the right, the shield won't block as the hit will register from the side instead from the front. This will be followed by the two hit sweep combo, which will hit you just in time for him to jump back and charge again. This will stunlock you and is a really difficult hit chain to break.

    2) You will usually have enough time to use an Estus flask if you don't attack him while under his legs, provided you have leveled up your agillity over the starting value. Same thing if you go by his side, but the chances are less here depending on how fast he will spin around and attack.

    3) If you block his attacks, no status effect buildup will occur. If you fail, you might either get toxicity, bleed or toxicity buildup.

    4) Homing Boning out is hard as the boss moves fast. If you die, run in, take the souls and try to home out before the ratlets reach you.

    5) Having many Estus flasks is recommended in case things go south, so make sure to get at the very least 9 before going in, and it being at least +3.

    6) While you may be able to get a faster boss kill by not following this guide, you can get a safer boss kill by following it.

    7) No, no rat dick will hit your face while between its legs, but if it decides to move forward instead of backward after you hit it, you may or may not get knee slammed on the face.

    Have fun beating this rat to deathy with (relative) ease!

    submitted by /u/TheFnafManiac
    [link] [comments]

    I beat Fume Knight! (with unexistent hp)

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 04:03 PM PST

    I know this is a very common post in this sub, but the hp i ended the fight is worth of apraisal I think :)

    https://imgur.com/a/2Bzt3c9

    Oh yeah, and i used all smelter wedges before, thought it was a non-consumable item :/

    Have a rest of a good day/night.

    submitted by /u/upaltamentept
    [link] [comments]

    What happend in the tutorial level

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 12:29 PM PST

    Why so many blood stains in one small area, was there some war or some shit that had happened, touching one activates many others.

    submitted by /u/TheUnHolyBreadBaker
    [link] [comments]

    The frozen tiger is starting to piss me off

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 11:46 AM PST

    I am in Eleum Loyce and i am trying to fight the tiger but the fight is unnecessarily tough for whatever reason. Some of it's attacks are easy to dodge but others are just a pain to deal with. Even when i summon the npcs 90% of the time it completely ignores them dashing straight at me even if i am staying further behind.

    I tried using a crossbow +10 to fight it and it doesn't take much damage, the summons will die first before i even drop it down to 1/3 of it's hp if even that. I tried using Pyromancy as a means of heavy damage but nope... why would a fking FROZEN cat take any damage from fire, it 'makes sense' that it does nothing... Fully upgraded pyromancy glove and i am doing 30-60 damage with it, even forbidden sun does as much as a great fireball.

    I am starting to lose it with it's bs targeting and the relentless dashing. How do you beat this ashole of a boss.

    submitted by /u/TheArtOfVEL
    [link] [comments]

    majula

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 10:10 AM PST

    the majula soundtrack is my alarm clock and there couldn't be a better sound to get up to every morning! can recommend 10/10

    submitted by /u/quamsen
    [link] [comments]

    DS2 Beginners Checklist

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 07:38 AM PST

    http://imgur.com/gallery/bz60CAp

    My experience so far in DS2. Im doing a super casual playthrough where I clear everything from an area before moving on. It takes a while, but it's satisfying to me.

    Also yes, my handwriting is just that bad.

    submitted by /u/GRIMMnM
    [link] [comments]

    What am I supposed to do in forest of giants?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 12:07 PM PST

    I killed the last giant, but the key I gave only takes me to a big knight guy I feel like I'm not supposed to be fighting him yet?

    submitted by /u/Dayumnn_Daniel
    [link] [comments]

    Host repeatedly dying

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 05:34 AM PST

    Is a host summoning 3 people and purposely dying to nashandra normal for anyone here? I understand that people have different bosses they struggle with, but I'm pretty sure this guy is just a troll. He walks up to her and dies 5 seconds into the fight every time. Anyone else experience this kind of shit?

    submitted by /u/nukawolf
    [link] [comments]

    Sanctum Mace not poisoning enemies?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 10:26 AM PST

    I have been trying a build with the Sanctum Mace to do some pvp, but I always end up smashing people to death before I see poison kick in, even after 2 charges and a few lights. I'm using both the Rat Crest ring and Sanctum Gauntlets, for a total of 230 poison damage... am I missing something? Posts here said it poisoned pretty fast

    submitted by /u/lunatic3bl4
    [link] [comments]

    First tries belfry gargoyles, 2nd tried red Smelter demon, Proceed to die over and over again to the royal dog authority and the Dukes dear freja

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 09:47 AM PST

    I beat belfry gargoyles on my first try and red smelter demon on my 2nd try whom are considered one of the hardest bosses in the game! But I struggle with the dukes dear freja and royal dog authority whom are considered some of the easiest.

    submitted by /u/supermarioplush220
    [link] [comments]

    Coolest weapons and armor for a hexer/pyromancer.

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 01:24 PM PST

    So, i finished the souls games on my old PS3 countless times, but i tend to choose equips based on how strong they seems to be, this time i just want to be fashion, i want to build an edgelord character,, wich set/weapons you think that combine more with the theme?

    submitted by /u/Unhappy-Limit-4712
    [link] [comments]

    how big is this game?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 01:04 PM PST

    So I finished the game for second time but..I don't even fight Aldia.

    HOW MANY ENDİNG DOES THİS GAME HAVE? HOW CAN I OPEN THEM? HOW CAN I REALLY COMPLETE THİS GAME? THİS GAME İS REALLY REALLY GOOD EVEN THO I MISS SO MUCH I WANT TO SEE ALL COME TOGETHER.

    By the way the ending credit osts Remainings and Longing both awesome. Such a great journey.

    submitted by /u/horemhab
    [link] [comments]

    I honestly think Dark souls 2 scholar of the first sin isn't that bad

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 03:50 PM PST

    Now I fully understand all the issues that Dark souls 2 has and I agree with many of them however I honestly still think Dark souls 2 scholar of the first sin is pretty good and is not that bad. My biggest issue is definitely the amount of Spam in the game but overall I really like Dark souls 2 Scholar of the first sin. I love Dranglic, many areas of the game, lifegems don't bother me as much as others but I fully understand the problems with them, I love the Eleum loyce DLC and the other DLC's. I love the lore and story of Dark souls 2 with my favorite being the story of Vendrick. Dark souls 2 has many issues and many of them I agree with and it is definitely my least favorite souls game however I still think it is pretty good and not the worst game ever

    submitted by /u/HylianXbox
    [link] [comments]

    Returning Player Looking for build

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 06:36 AM PST

    Hi All, I played DS2 long ago and I'm coming back for the platinum. I have most of the trophies but need to get all the spells, as well as the dungeon covenant.

    After playing for a few hours I realized my build is kinda garbage. It is focused on STR and uses the Dragon tooth. The character is at ~SL160.

    In looking around to find a build guide there is just so much. Are there any builds you would recommend to be able to roll through PvE fairly easily? I can grab all the equipment and respect before going to NG+. It also looks like it would be best to have a build that could use pyro effectively since it looks like the Darklurker will be pain otherwise.

    WHile I've typically used a melee focused character, I'm really looking for whatever will ease the struggle for NG+ and NG++.

    ANy suggestions are welcome, Thanks!

    submitted by /u/MJCuse
    [link] [comments]

    Amazing feeling(ivory king)

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 12:31 PM PST

    I'm am so glad I restarted on ps4 with sotfs after getting to ng+ on ps3.

    Nothing really prepared me for the final chapter of the dlc, I read it was hard and it absolutely was, but persevered and finally beat the ivory king after farming 50 souls.....plus I ran past twiggy's soul sign the entire farm! He/she definitely took the edge off in the final fight.

    Here was my final set up and some tips for those preparing for this.

    Full sunbro w/ sacred oath, sunlight blade and sunlight spear

    +5 lightening ice rapier(yeah yeah yeah, I just wasn't doing enough damage to keep up) +10 lightening vessel shield / +10 watch dragon +5 lightening dragon charm

    For farming: jesters cap+10throne watcher armour, northwarder boots and gloves Lightening clutch ring,sun seal, lingering dragon crest +1,old leo's...can switch out for covetous gold, but I found damage more important

    For boss:Saints hood,throne watcher armour, northwarder boots and gloves Lightening clutch ring,sun seal, lingering dragon crest +1,old leo's

    -you only want the essentials in your item bar for loyce soul farming. Just estus, coins and feather...as soon as you clear the room, feather out until you have the 50 souls

    -land, pop your coin, then buff. Know your item and gear placements by heart so you're not looking at your h.u.d too much

    -you're probably going to die a lot getting to know the patterns of the knights. Don't waste your effigies until you've got a rhythm down.

    -definitely don't try to heal until your enemies have JUST finished attacking. The timing of estus will be essential.

    -as much as the guides tell you to kill the pyromancers first, more often than not I found myself taking them out last as the others are all over you... just listen closely and roll as soon as you hear that ground flame coming. Easier said than done however.

    -after the bonfire is a summon sign to your right as soon as you enter the main chamber, I completely missed this and it probably would have made things a lot easier

    -go as light as you can! If you play like me, you'll be wasting your time on blocking. Get to know the knights attack patterns and roll like a mo-fo(19 endurance w/fast cheap weapon).

    -don't get greedy on your attacks, many times you'll be thinking you'll end them, only to be left w/o stamina and surrounded. 2-3 hits then roll past your target...one is almost always coming up behind you

    -don't bother using your lightening spears on the knights, save them for when the king is out and he's preoccupied. Bring some dusk herbs to equip before he shows

    -kill the one loyce knight that spawns during the king fight asap! Prey it's a pyro and just stab him quickly.

    -I popped a goldenfruit balm and orange burr as the king spawned

    -for farming, I definitely made picking up items a priority over killing the knights. Sometimes 3-4 get through and you might get overwhelmed at any time. Better to pick up a soul and die, than have 4 on the ground then die.

    What an incredible game! Umbasa

    submitted by /u/MicMacMcquaide
    [link] [comments]

    I wanna do ng+

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 11:59 AM PST

    Ng+ is kinda hard ngl lol

    submitted by /u/No-Rate-7015
    [link] [comments]

    god damn sharon!

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 11:49 AM PST

    for fuck sake who's idea was to put gank npc on end of bridge in dragon aerie? i beat up a 4 dragons and didn't die now this bitch is pwning me ugh my head hurts🤦🏻‍♂️

    submitted by /u/IV_IX_MM
    [link] [comments]

    Need build help

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 08:01 AM PST

    Need some build help against velsdalt, I just can't seem to get anything to be effective

    submitted by /u/jdogg3797
    [link] [comments]

    Tried to log into game stuck at loading screen Xbox One

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 05:25 AM PST

    So I fire up dark souls 2 today on disc Xbox one, and I navigate to my save, click on it just to be sat at a loading screen for about 7 minutes at this point. The tips and item descriptions are playing normally so the game is not frozen. Not sure what to do I have already restarted the game once....

    submitted by /u/Ho99o9XTC
    [link] [comments]

    Build help wanted

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 07:34 AM PST

    Does anyone have recommendations for smelter demon? I'm having some trouble with him and any build help would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/jdogg3797
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an efficient way to clear Tseldora? (SotFS)

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 11:06 AM PST

    At least in NG, I like to grab every item on my way through the game. Most of the time that just works on autopilot after doing it dozens of times.

    But EVERY time I get to Tseldora I just end up flailing about and making six trips up and down the place trying to find everything. There's so many one-way drops and does-not-open-from-this-side doors that I always mess up the ordering and have to backtrack.

    Does anyone have a good route to hit every item with a minimum of backtracking? I just don't feel like fighting spiders for 45 minutes today.

    submitted by /u/UncomfortableAnswers
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment