• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 19, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 My own list of great little touches I like in DS2 (playing after DS1&3, right after getting the mist)

    Dark Souls 2 My own list of great little touches I like in DS2 (playing after DS1&3, right after getting the mist)


    My own list of great little touches I like in DS2 (playing after DS1&3, right after getting the mist)

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 09:59 AM PST

    I came to DS2 after playing first and third game, which wasn't that wise I guess since 3 then felt like sped up fangame to one. Absolutely loved 1 and liked 3 a lot. But with 2nd wave of Covid I decided to plunge into DS2 and I clocked 40 hours in three weeks and I want to point out (obv. spoilers) some things that are cool and distinctive, a little stuff in particular, mechanics etc. I am very into the game at this point so I just wanted to share a little love!

    - Torch areas, torch tactics against spiders etc, sooo immersive and atmospherefull
    - Those guards who attack you if you skip big dudes right before the big D Dragon. Going there with King's ring seeing these kneel down, so much vibe
    - Memories, I love those greyed-out revisiting of past places inside one story. I know DS3 had something like this but still
    - Petrification mechanic, overally I love how it fits into the whole atmosphere of the game and overally presents a very cool story bit, most notably this guy in Bastille who can't remember how long he has been petrified. Brilliant.
    - Lifegems, altering the pace of combat with extra layer of tension when the HP starts slowly building up
    - More group-fight bosses with special mechanics (skeletons, rats, congregation), feel fresh
    - Pharros lockstones revealing new places, shortcuts, being scarce and forcing you to kind of tread carefully but presenting new ways to deal with the world
    - KINGS DOORS. Having this mysterious doors in Forest of Giants full of mystery and then being forced to revisit it feels like helps to sustain this sense of mystery.
    - The torches that help you see but may spawn spirits. The bells that spawn bad guys in the Crypt. I could continue!

    I feel like those are very clever mechanics and touches that are helping the atmosphere a lot and are distinctive, although perhaps not as concise (e. g. torch is not really needed for most of the game) but still help DS2 to feel new and different. Thoughts? )

    (btw god this under the castle are with snipers, I bought 250 magic arrows to get through lol)

    submitted by /u/SadBirchwood
    [link] [comments]

    I love the graverobber trio

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 08:49 AM PST

    I just wanted to say how much I like that fight. It's fast, exciting and especially the music is 10/10, fitting perfectly with the fight. On top of that you get a reward for what the actual endgame is: fashion.

    Thanks for listening

    submitted by /u/Toopa123
    [link] [comments]

    There's a loooong line of messages on the way to huntsman's copse

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 07:42 PM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/J89DkYI.jpg

    We don't wonder where we're going.
    We don't remember where we've been.
    And it'll never have an end.

    And this long line of messages.
    Keeps coming round the bend.
    And it's all because of you.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3wFxuuG-y0

    submitted by /u/Hypocritical_Oath
    [link] [comments]

    (Xbox) Sun Medal Help

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 12:42 PM PST

    I've been grinding DS2 for sunlight medals (I'm an achievement guy) and naturally it's soul destroying (Hollowing?).

    Anyone on Xbox still playing I can assist as a phantom? Or the reverse... I'll take what I can get!

    submitted by /u/UKBailey11
    [link] [comments]

    Why does sunlight blade have so few casts compared to dark weapon?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 01:18 PM PST

    They're the same only different elements, right?

    submitted by /u/svettsokkk
    [link] [comments]

    Iron keep

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 09:22 AM PST

    Im struggling to find iron keep. Could anyone help me?

    submitted by /u/chingchongchinky
    [link] [comments]

    The Royal Rat Vangaurd

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 11:55 AM PST

    I'm having a lot of issues with this boss I keep dying and it's really frustrating. Has anyone got any tips??

    submitted by /u/AINZ_OOAL_GOWN_1
    [link] [comments]

    Be honest..

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 10:20 PM PST

    What are your feeling on the frigid outskirts? I have very.. mixed feelings about it. On one hand, they NAILED the feeling of isolation and uncertainty that comes with being on a blizzard, but on the other hand... THE ENIMES IN THIS AREA ARE SO INFURIATING. IDK WHO THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO PUT KIRIN FROM MONSTER HUNTER IN THIS GAME, BUT WOW! NOT TO MENTION THERES JUST A RANDOM KNIGHT IN THE SNOW WITH AN AXE? WHO?! WHY?! THERE ARE ALSO NO BONFIRES THROUGH THIS ENTIRE AREA, AND THE FINAL CHERRY ON TOP IS THAT IT ALL LEADS TO A NOT ONE, BUT TWO RESKINNED BOSSES

    submitted by /u/Weevil_weasel
    [link] [comments]

    Question about followers of Faraam

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 02:45 AM PST

    In Dark Souls 3 The lion clan shield has a design that hints at the worship of Faraam the god of war, and since the lion clan warriors wielded that shield In Dark Souls , it is safe to say that they worship Faraam, but the Forossa Lion Knights (which are human) also worship Faraam. This does't make sense because In Dark Souls 2 they said that the lion clan hates humans, so how could they worship a human god?

    submitted by /u/DarkSoulCarlos
    [link] [comments]

    A complex request - PS4 (weapon/armor gift/transfer)

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 07:04 AM PST

    Hi there, I've never really gotten back around to playing dark souls 2 but I've always wanted to. Played it back on my 360 without the Dlc and now I've decided I'd love to play it again as with the scholar of the first sin.

    Now to my request, honestly I'd rather not want to muck about the whole thing here's what I'm asking for - 2 bone fists & an "old bell helmet" I'd really love to play the whole game fisticuffing my way through, it's rare that fantasy games even let you do this!

    So if you are willing to help me, well I'd be extremely grateful.

    submitted by /u/General_Snack
    [link] [comments]

    Is there something like a wex-dust mod for Dark Souls II?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 06:32 AM PST

    Wex Dust, for those of you who don't know, is a mod for DSIII that allows you to invade anywhere where there is an invadable player, no matter in which area you activate wex dust.

    submitted by /u/bilbulorgins
    [link] [comments]

    Most disturbing animation in DS2

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 05:52 PM PST

    I've read a ton of forum posts complaining about the hitboxes on the ogre/cyclops grab attack. I've never had that thought, because when I get grabbed by that attack I will look away from the screen to avoid seeing the ogre casually pick my character up and bite his head off. For some reason I vividly imagine that same thing happening to me in real life, which is really fucking horrifying if you think about it. Getting grabbed by that big ugly fucker, smelling his disgusting hot sticky breath as it washes over my face, feeling him press my face against his tongue as he closes his teeth around my neck and severs my spine...it gives me anxiety as somebody who doesn't typically suffer from anxiety. Does anyone else have this same revulsion/horror witnessing this animation? Its like the opposite feeling of what vore guys must have

    submitted by /u/assesanus
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve been playing through DS2 DLCs for the first time, and the roving packs of The Sonic The Hedgehogs of Eleum Loyce took me by surprise and killed me three times.

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 10:39 PM PST

    Next play-through I'm going to make a full on Dr. Robotnik character.

    Fuckers.

    submitted by /u/pandarista
    [link] [comments]

    Seppuku on the beggining of the game ?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 04:15 PM PST

    What's up with these players killing theirselves on the corridor to majula ? dafuq

    submitted by /u/sickpleasure666
    [link] [comments]

    Black knight greatsword any good?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 08:30 AM PST

    So i decided to do another playthru for DS2 SoTFS and now on ng+3. SL215, the black knight gs did about 540-630 damage per hit, i have STR at 47, Faith at 23 an Int at 12. Overall is this weapon any good/worth it? cuz i mainly run a quality build, using the Syan halberd +10 cuz im cosplaying as Sir Syan.

    submitted by /u/TygoFTW
    [link] [comments]

    PVP Fight Lag

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 07:02 AM PST

    Hi, I recorded this PVP fight, and there was a huge amount of weird lag going on. This has happened to me a few times in the past, and I'm not sure how to fix it. Can anyone help me? (Link is to a YouTube video of the fight)

    https://youtu.be/1OdyHQRWYio

    submitted by /u/rpg4life95
    [link] [comments]

    Does anybody have the none softs ps3 version?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 06:59 AM PST

    Probably noone

    submitted by /u/YabosBos
    [link] [comments]

    Can i farm effigys in earlygame without ascetic?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 06:19 AM PST

    I have none aaa

    Edit: the dogs now dont respawn for some reason

    submitted by /u/YabosBos
    [link] [comments]

    Torch locations?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 06:17 AM PST

    Im having trouble in the gutter and helping the blacksmith.

    submitted by /u/YabosBos
    [link] [comments]

    What genre of fantasy does this game portray?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 10:39 PM PST

    I'm thinking dark fantasy.

    submitted by /u/Josh1685
    [link] [comments]

    A weird question

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 01:45 AM PST

    So Im currently trying to cosplay as Creighton in the Brotherhood Arena, which ring would increase the damage of the dragon slayer Axe? The lightning one or ring of Blade?

    submitted by /u/Tommiyo
    [link] [comments]

    Another Help for Newbie

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 03:22 AM PST

    I have collected 3 soul vessels now and i want to reallocate my points to be a strength build .I am an Cleric now. But when i go to those 3 ladies at first bonfire they dont have a talking option in them. I can't interact with them .Can anyone tell me what am i doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/utsavpathak1
    [link] [comments]

    Need help in the dragon covenant

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 02:30 AM PST

    I just need 10 scales, i am already tired from farming the guardian dragon, if anyone could put their summon sign for us to fight to help me? And yes, if you need help in a covenant or something like that, i will help you out. I'm playing SotFS, in a xbox

    SM: 89.936.708

    submitted by /u/Lundor_S
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment