• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 18, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 10:08 PM PST

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on Velstadt solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls2/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    How far can the Bearer of the Curse shoot?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 08:23 AM PST

    Out of boredom and being a bit burned out, I decided to conduct a series of tests to answer the following questions:

    1) How far can the bearer of the curse shoot in-game?
    2) How much is that in real life?

    To conduct the test I equipped the seamarine Bow, which is the furthest reaching bow in the game, (65, whatever that means), the hawk ring, and the Durgo hat (both increase arrow reach).

    From what I have been observing, arrows fly "visually" further to what they can really reach. So you can "visually" shoot a enemy but the arrow will never hit him truly, the arrow just stops existing. (I haven't been able to test this to 100% accurately)

    Now, here's a cool trick to determine if a arrow will hit: No matter how far you shoot a solid object (floor,wall...), the arrow will emit a shiny visual effect, like sparks. But past a certain point, the arrow will just go throught the object, that means it won't hit (Needs further testing)

    I conducted the test shooting from the platform where the Guardian Dragon sleeps in Heide's Tower of flame, to the place where the second Old Knight after you enter from Majula is (after the first bonfire).
    I was able to snipe the Heide's knight, but not the Old knight. The arrows stop giving the "spark visual" hint a bit in front of his right foot.

    Ok, so how much is that? After genociding half the level, I got there, and determined that the best way to measure the distance would be to walk in straight lines and measure the number of steps. This actually gives a bit more of distance than we really shoot, since the arrow is moving downwards and gravity is helping it, and not moving straight.

    The final result was 80 steps. That answers the first question. Keep in mind that 80 steps ingame is actually A LOT OF DISTANCE.

    After this I decided to measure how much a step is. Going to the left of the place where the Guardian Dragon sleeps, there is a neat mosaic with symmetric tiles. A step takes exactly 3 tiles of distance. That is very nice, but, we don't have anything to compare in real life!

    Or do we? Yes, we do. The Espada Ropera. As the name indicates, the Espada Ropera is a Spanish Rapier. A spanish Rapier has a determined set of measures or else it can't be truly called a spanish rapier. The measures are from 1 meter to 1,10 meter total at most. By positioning myself in a specific way and placing the camera above me, I can align the ropera with the tiles giving the measure of 5 tiles.

    Taking the biggest measure possible, 1,10 meters, we pass it to cm (110) and we divide it by 5 => 22 cm by tile. We multiply this by 3, and find that a step from the bearer of the curse is 66 cm at most. Then, we multiply it by 80, to find that the maximum distance the bearer of the curse can shoot, at most is 5280 cm, which is... a disappointingly short distance of 52,80 meters.
    A traditional bow shot by a average archer can reach on average 100 meters.

    Surprising. After this I'll probably calculate the height of the Bearer of the curse.

    submitted by /u/Slav_knight
    [link] [comments]

    My small tribute to the game and the community!

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 12:33 AM PST

    Shanalotte fanart

    I'm not a professional, but I'm doing my best. I hope some of you like it!

    submitted by /u/taiyou_no_nozomi
    [link] [comments]

    Sir Syan & The Forest of Fallen Giants.

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 07:27 AM PST

    So before i begin, i just want to say that none of this is canon and its just my own speculation. I have been vry interested about the lore of the fabled Sir Syan, it is implied that he is of the same rank as both Raime and Velstadt, but unlike the two, he served Vendrick not as a bodyguard but more as a military general and Vendricks personal champion who took the fight to Drangleics enemies. While Raime and Velstadt took the fight to Vendricks more personal enemies, (i.e. assassins, and anyone who would personally harm the king) from what we know, sir syan personal weapon of choice was his halberd, but he may have also used the black knight gs as we see the syan knights wielding it, and also it matches his armour. If you played the game on any ng+ and got to the Forest of Fallen Giants, and go to Kings door near to the fire salamanders, you will encounter to Roaming souls/Red phantoms, one who wears the knight armour set, and another who wears the Syan set. The one who wears the Syan set, unlike all other syan knights who carries the Tower shield and either the BKGS or Syans halberd, he instead uses both the mastodon greatshield and greatsword, and since he is considered a roaming spirit, my guess is that this is the roaming spirit of Sir Syan. So if you read the discription for the greatshield of glory, it was a new greatshield Vendrick had ordered for Sir Syan, which means that sir syan was using a different shield, which explains why his roaming spirit is using the mastodon, because his original shield was the mastodon. Not to mention he is also much stronger than all the other syan knights, asides from gameplay wise. So tell me what do u think of my fan lore?

    submitted by /u/TygoFTW
    [link] [comments]

    I put together a rough guide to make an early powerful Sorcerer.

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 08:46 AM PST

    Expect typos, I wrote this in like 20 minutes on my break from memory.

    The premise of the build is to become extremely powerful very early and we accomplish this by following a specific path to obtain key sorcery items and upgrade materials early. The most important part of this build is to get The staff of wisdom and immediately upgrade it with Twinkling Titanite to +5 and a faintstone to drastically increase our spell power. The path to getting the staff is one of the easiest, with the only mandatory boss being Scorpioness Najka. By getting 12000 souls we can buy an early branch of yore and access the shaded woods and pretty much sprint right to her. After defeating her, it's another sprint through Doors of Pharros and then into the front entrance to Brightstone Cove where we get the staff. To use the staff, you will need 50 int, so prioritising int as you collect the resources to upgrade the staff is crucial.

    Obtaining twinkling titanite early isn't easy. It requires that we go through the lost Bastille and win every fight against the pursuer, which will award us with 4 twinkling Titanite (+3 staff). We then pick up twinkling Titanite in mcduffs shop, one in doors of Pharros (staff +4) and then grab one in the shaded ruins before using our bonfire Ascetic there. After we use the bonfire Ascetic, go to the cave where you found the first one and there will be 3 now (+5 staff). Now go to McDuff, use the faintstone on the staff and congratulations, you have the most powerful staff in the game.


    Starting out:

    Class: Sorcerer Gift: Bonfire Ascetic

    Things Betwixt: - Cheese the ogre and get the stone ring. - Sprint to Manila.

    Majula: - Grab the Estus shard at the well and other supplies you want.

    Heide's Tower: - Cheese the Dragon Rider, eat his soul. Level up (I personally put these points into strength (10) and Dex (9) with the leftovers to int. This way I can get the fire longsword and use that as an early sidearm (Scorpioness Najka is also allergic to fire).

    Forest of fallen giants: - Get Estus Shard from rooftop where pursuer drops off the eagle. - Get firesword from Salamander hall. - Get Mansion Key from Archeologist - Fight Giant and Pursuer. - Get Fragrant Branch of Yore and Lenigrasts key from Melentia.

    Majula Again: - level up, put a point into attunement for the extra spell and buy another soul Arrow from the Hag. - open Lenigrasts shop and upgrade your fire sword with any titanite you've found. - Go into locked Mansion, get Estus shard in basement. - Run the path towards shaded woods and free Rosabeth (Send her to town before opening the gate so she doesn't get killed).

    Shaded Woods: - Suicide run the treasure chests in the foggy woods. - collect the treasures inside shaded ruins that you want BEFORE using an ascetic. - make sure to get Homing soul mass and the twinkling titanite in the basilisk cave. - unpetrify the lion guarding the lion mage set and get your cast speed gear. - Get ring of whispers from Majula, speak to Tark before and after fighting Najka. - fight Scorpioness Najka, eat soul level up int. - Kill Tark and take the second dragon Ring. - You can use the bonfire Ascetic now and fight Scorpioness Najka for the southern Ritual band or come back to it if you don't feel powerful enough. Use all souls to get int to 50.

    Doors of Pharros: - Get the Faintstone and twinkling titanite using a Pharros lockstone. - Sprint to Brightstone Cove.

    Brightstone Cove Tseldora: - From the first bonfire, hug the left wall until you run up a ramp. You need to get into the well below it, if you keep sprinting speed you can run and land perfectly into it without removing the roof, it's very easy. Careful for the pig. - Climb into the house and Kill the mimic inside to claim the dark leggings and Staff of Wisdom.

    Back to Majula: - Enhance staff with twinkling titanite, Enhance fire sword, level up int.

    The lost Bastille: - Fight pursuer 4 times. - Fight the ruin sentinels (Save the soul for Homing soul Arrow) - Unpetrify Straid - Get homing soul Arrow. - Kick the barrel down the stairs and open up Mcduffs shop. Light the torch to get the twinkling titanite and then use the faintstone on your Staff of Wisdom. Upgrade staff with twinkling Titanite.

    From here I would complete these areas in order: - No Man's Wharf for access to spell vendor. - Huntsmans Copse for soul spear and to bonfire Ascetic the three kings and get clear bluestone ring +2. - Sinners Rise to close that spoke. - Brightstone Cove Tseldora to close that spoke. - Harvest Valley through to Iron keep to close that spoke. - lastly the pit, gutter and gulch to close that spoke. - Then to drangleic and the rest of the game.

    Once you get the staff to +5, Lion Mage set, clear bluestone ring +2 and Southern Ritual Band +2 you will be incredibly powerful VERY early. All you need at that point is better soul arrows from The sorcerer in no man's wharf.

    General Notes: - For the purpose of farming faint stones, use the covenant of Champions and farm the basilisks in shaded ruins. There is 5 basilisks per run and you can gather as many as you need.

    • Weapon choices are yours to make and subsequent stat boosts as well as what level you want to bring the build to. I really only created the build so I could one-shot invaders and troll out in PvP in the early/mid game. Having an infused +5 staff of wisdom when you get one with 50 int is so OP in PvP it's insane. Your soul spears will hit for over 1000 and your homing soul arrows (which are incredibly hard to dodge in PvP) will destroy people. My personal favorite weapon is a magic infused Syan Halberd, but the stat Investment is pretty heavy and something I save for the end game after I have done my ADP, Attunement and a bit of health.
    submitted by /u/NRDubZ
    [link] [comments]

    I think I'll drop my unconventional weapons playthrough...

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 11:30 AM PST

    Seriously, it's not even the combat with them that is a problem, it's that everything else about them is pretty crap. Whips being fragile were dealt with a Bracing Knuckle Ring, but there are only four of them in game: I had the spiked whip you find in Huntsman's Copse, and tried to get the whip from the enemies that wield it in the same area, only to exhaust their respawns without success. The crows won't give me the Old Whip and the next one can only be acquired by killing the Demon of Song late in the game.

    I switched to Scythes to deal with the range, which I did fine with, but no ring stopped them from being made out of glass. Scythe of Nahr Alma breaks way too quickly and at very inconvenient times. I considered swapping to claws, but apparently there are only one or two good ones and I don't even know if they're resistant either. It's really a shame, because those weapons actually made me play differently, but so far, everything besides the combat with them is awful.

    submitted by /u/TheBestCCIsDeath
    [link] [comments]

    Can you Summon NPCs in offline mode?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 01:42 PM PST

    HI all. New to this Reddit. Played thru DS1 for 1st time, now trying hand st DS2. Having some trouble with Old Draginslayer. Wondering why I can't summon (yes, I made sure I was human). Are there other conditions preventing me from summoning? I don't understand why the game creators would block me from summoning NPCs just cuz I'm offline. Can't afford Xbox live now...

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/David_Lo_Pan83
    [link] [comments]

    Returning player, what's unique?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 05:45 AM PST

    I just got plat in DS1 and since PS5 is sold out everywhere, Demon Souls is on hold. So why not plat DS2 meanwhile? However, in terms of builds... Are there any that is solely unique to DS2? Having played BB, DS1 and DS3 recently, I would like to try something as unique of a build for DS2 as possible.

    Any recommendations/ideas?

    submitted by /u/Redlax
    [link] [comments]

    How to spend my levels

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 06:55 AM PST

    Hello! Im a noobie to the dark souls games, especially to the 2, recently i completed the game in ng and went to ng+, thought this would be a good time to use a soul vessel and use my levels better since when i started i had no idea what i was doing and putting them in random places. I got 152 lvls and Im a knight, I wanted to do a build focusing on a Red iron twinblade or a Sacred chime hammer since these are my favorite weapons so I wanted to do a build else specifically for 1 of these two or for both, i also wanted to start using some magic spella since i never did. I would love if someone coule help me out with how I should use my levels for a build like this.

    TL DR: I want to do a build around a RIT/SCH that includes some magic and need help with the levels (152 lvls)

    submitted by /u/justletmedostuff
    [link] [comments]

    When is too much endurance?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 01:32 PM PST

    I have 55 endurance...this too much?I'm using twinblade and ugs,and when im not the extra stamina is always nice,my vit is also up there at 47ok back to the point is 55 endurance too much and if it is how many points

    submitted by /u/--Neo
    [link] [comments]

    Lud and Zallen help pls

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 01:15 PM PST

    I'm struggling on the fight,getting there is a chore,tell me a good weapons(I'm thinking smelter sword) good rings for the fight for def or offense.my build is melee with 50 str and dex and 30 faith and int.good armour as well and a tactic if u have one

    submitted by /u/--Neo
    [link] [comments]

    Murakumo any good?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 01:13 PM PST

    Is it good,in skill set,damage and scalling e.t.c also would it be a good idea to infuse the murakumo or should I leave it how it is and just use resins my stats for int and faith are 30,my dex is 50 str 50

    submitted by /u/--Neo
    [link] [comments]

    Unpopular Opinion

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 09:23 AM PST

    Iron Keep isn't that bad, it teaches you how to deal with multiple enemies at once.

    submitted by /u/masterninja3402
    [link] [comments]

    Fire Keeper

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 12:43 PM PST

    Game won't launch [Steam] [windows 10]

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 06:17 AM PST

    I got the game a while ago and it worked fine

    Today I tried to start up the game and all i get is a white window for a second and then the program closes.

    I tried reinstalling the game, running it as admin, updating drivers.

    I'm not sure what happened since the game worked fine in the past

    submitted by /u/Polarstar_
    [link] [comments]

    Help the Newbie

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 08:17 AM PST

    Hey Guys, Just wanna keep this short and simple but can anyone tell me how to unequip armor on darksouls 2. I dont mean changing the armor. I mean unequiping and basically being armorless . Thanks

    submitted by /u/utsavpathak1
    [link] [comments]

    I finally beat Sir Alonne!

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 07:41 PM PST

    After owning this game for about three years, I finally beat the most badass boss in the game!

    Sure, the run-up to him is grueling and I summoned one phantom (the one in the Primal Knight armor and does the "Welcome" gesture) as a damage sponge...but damn, it still felt satisfying to fight Alonne.

    So there I was, a Dex/Stamina build wielding a +5 Dark Berserker Blade, pushing through the fog gate and into the reflective, sunlight soaked arena.
    Alonne stands, I make my character do a "bow" gesture (only to mistakenly choose the "Mock" gesture) and the boss seemingly doesn't like that because he immediately did that sliding upward slash attack. Lol

    So later, after a good four minutes of rolling, slicing and repair powdering, my phantom bro died and I was left to dance with the ronin.
    HIS FIGHT MUSIC IS JUST GOD TIER HOLY F. THE FIGHT ACTUALLY MADE ME PUT AWAY MY SHIELD AND FIGHT LIKE A WOMAN (I made a female character)
    I felt cocky, his life bar was low and I was feeling confident....so as Alonne did another sliding slice, I made my character do a jumping attack (forward on the left analog stick + R2) AND THE ATTACK HITS HIM, KO'ING THE SAMURAI IN THE PROCESS.
    It was a shame I didn't record that or something because it was a truly awesome moment personally speaking.

    I didn't realize that the prize from it was one last Smelter Wedge to get the last Ashen idol tho.

    ....and then later on, I got killed by an Iron Warrior cuz I didn't git gud at that time. #easycomeeasygo

    submitted by /u/HemingwayBells21121
    [link] [comments]

    This is my first Dark Souls game, Dark Souls 2: SOTFS, my first impressions? "I think I'll keep dying"

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 09:55 PM PST

    I'm new here and I don't know much of the story of the game or the enemies ahead, I've never played any of the games but I just got to say that I died like 50 times already and I'm just starting, want to know what i think of the game? It's hard and but it's beautiful at the same time, i like the setting, the weapons and the enemies, also I wanted to kill the 3 fucking ogres from the start and I finally did thanks to luck and strategy but I fell down too (I think I died by falling like 5 times already), i think I'm using all of my lifegems in a single fight btw, so if you guys have tips for newbies like me, feel free to tell me, I'm a knight class because I heard it was decent, anyway I just wanted to share my first impressions on the game, even if there isn't much to say about it till I end it. So thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/RiddleDogs
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone play on xb1?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 12:31 AM PST

    Do any of you play on xb1? I've been trying to sunbro lately with a new build and it seems like the "populated" areas are very unpopulated.

    submitted by /u/KlinksN7
    [link] [comments]

    Best trench of this wiki so far!

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 11:02 AM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/6cP0CZN.png

    Was searching about cracked eye orb, and found this in her page. If you did this, and you are reading it, please say, so we can praise!

    submitted by /u/upaltamentept
    [link] [comments]

    bone fist

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 11:02 AM PST

    i want to do a ng bone fist only run but it can't be obtained until very late in the game, i don't know what to do. of course the first instinct is to get someone to drop it for my new character, but again, it's not obtained until late in the game, so anyone who has it would be far out of my soul memory range. is there anything i can do to get it on a fresh character? i play on xbox one so cheating and adding it is out of the question obviously.

    submitted by /u/DolanDarkester
    [link] [comments]

    I'm running out of ideas

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 10:45 AM PST

    I've done so many challenge runs, and I'm having trouble thinking of more. I've done SL1, starter only, fat roll, sorcery only, and I just now finished a Company of Champions run. Any suggestions for what to do next?

    submitted by /u/masterninja3402
    [link] [comments]

    DS2 on the PS5

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 10:43 AM PST

    I plan on buying the PS4 version again soon and am hoping the save files carry over and that load times aren't butt. Has anybody had a chance to try it out in the new console?

    submitted by /u/scott_od
    [link] [comments]

    Being invaded by another "player"?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 10:21 AM PST

    Im in the shrine of armana at the 2nd bonfire & im getting invaded by a "player"? The thing is im already hollow & using the ring of the dead. I think its a player because the name doesn't look like a npc name.

    submitted by /u/gaming_hunter
    [link] [comments]

    Best strength weapon in ds2 sotfs?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 10:02 AM PST

    Great axe,or bastard sword?

    submitted by /u/idontfindnamelol
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment