• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 29, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 10:07 PM PST

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Bed of Chaos

    Being Gravelorded in Anor Londo? Died to Bed Of Chaos for the 100th time? Checked your phone for a second, only to run off a cliff and lose your bloodstain?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Elite Knight Fanart

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 07:18 PM PST

    I invade, but not to kill, is that bad?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 06:21 PM PST

    I invade people to help them out, when I invade (I only invade higher level areas) I usually just invade and chill with them or lead them around the area, I even give them items like boss weapons I'm not going to use (I already have the achievement) of course if they want to fight I will fight them in like a duel, but anyway, does it ruin the game or am I all good to keep doing this?

    submitted by /u/Darksoulschairboy
    [link] [comments]

    I BEAT GWYN!!!

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 08:01 PM PST

    I can't believe it, after 60 hours I've finally beaten this game. It's truly one of the best I've ever played. Gwyn was a great boss to wrap everything up and he was brutally difficult since I didn't bother trying to parry him. My favorite boss was either Gwyn or the Bell Gargoyles, who were the most difficult in my playthrough, and my favorite area was probably Sens Fortress. I also want to thank you all for being an awesome and supportive community.

    submitted by /u/RoughTrident
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else always let Sif make the final blow on Manus?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 02:08 PM PST

    I always just hang back and draw Manus' attacks until Sif finishes him off. It just feels so right

    submitted by /u/Leruuu
    [link] [comments]

    Finally beat the Gargoyles!

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 01:10 PM PST

    Very new to dark souls and played in on pc and got stuck for a solid week and gave up hope. Decided to pick up the switch version for black friday and very glad I did and finally got past the fire spamming mfs just today after a couple hours! Very glad to finally be playing and conquering this game :) Just wanted to spread some positivity to the new players like me

    submitted by /u/atTomic_x
    [link] [comments]

    First time newbie beats the undead asylum demon

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 10:06 PM PST

    Low key just spent like 45 min to complete the beginning sequence and defeat the demon. I died 11 times before beating it on the 12th try.

    I've definitely gotten the impression that encounters are going to be difficult and stressful in this game lmao. Any tips as I go through?

    submitted by /u/_lady_pug
    [link] [comments]

    New and accidentally went to the catacombs

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 06:28 PM PST

    It's my first time playing this game and for some reason I couldn't figure out where to go after the bell gargoyles.

    In my head that meant "hey, remember the catacombs??"

    So I spent the last few hours painstakingly grinding through every inch of that massive clusterf*** lol. I managed to get through the five or so skeleton mages and that hallway demon and through the field of wheel skeletons and all the way to the boss before losing my souls.

    At which point my buddy tells me that there are several more bosses to kill before this guy.

    So here I am, many hours later, going to the moonlight butterfly with nothing to show for it but a pretty easy route to Pinwheel.

    Uggggggh 😆

    submitted by /u/lofiAbsolver
    [link] [comments]

    God I fucking hate 4 Kings.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 11:00 PM PST

    Why name them 4 Kings but continue to spawn them throughout the fight if your dps is too low? Not even my +10 Zwei with Fire Dust on it can't keep em down to 4. It's absolutely fuckin MAD. Anyone else just completely peeved about it?

    submitted by /u/WeedofSpeed
    [link] [comments]

    on my first playthrough, and i just killed solaire bc my dumass didnt want help from the walkthrough

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 10:39 PM PST

    after hearing "my sun.... its setting" i genuinely closed my laptop and cried for like 15 minutes. defiantly gonna save him on m second playthrough

    submitted by /u/JustaMoldyCheeto
    [link] [comments]

    Does strength and dexterity increase total damage of a weapon?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 10:13 PM PST

    New to the game so this is probably a dumb question. I've been mostly leveling up my vitality and endurance stats. If I want my weapon to be stronger other than reinforcing it with titanite, should I level up my strength and dexterity? I primarily ask this because I somehow dropped my claymore on accident so my replacement is a longsword, which obviously deals less damage. (My main weapon is my reinforced battle axe which I really like but I need a good sword for those thrusts).

    Also what's the difference between strength and dex?

    I'd really appreciate advice, and I hope these questions aren't too embarrassing. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/jaund1ce
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls 2 sotfs

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 03:14 AM PST

    Im being curious about the hate on dark souls 2, i have played sotfs version and its one of the best fromsoft games i played (im not lying). Also i see a lot of people hating on ds2 so im wondering if they mean Generally dark souls 2 including sotfs version and dlcs or they Just mean the launch game.

    Edit: grammar

    submitted by /u/mighty_drake
    [link] [comments]

    Help with bell gargoyles. (Beginner Question)

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 07:46 PM PST

    I have been struggling with these gargoyles now for a long time and I have watched basically every guide imaginable, yet for some reason, I always fail when the second gargoyle comes. I am using a 5+ Balder Side Sword so damage isn't the issue, it's just the fact that I am kind of garbage at the game. Is there an area I can "train" at before fighting the gargoyles again so I don keep miserably failing or some tips that helped you get through this fight on your first playthrough? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/HumanPerson090
    [link] [comments]

    What do you think of Kiln

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 04:28 PM PST

    I say that because for me it was always my second best area of all Dark Souls behind Anor Londo but I've just completed another run recently of DSR and man right now Kiln of the first flame is my favorite area:

    The cinematic when the door opens, the stairs in this white kind of path between to different worlds, the ghost of past black knights that walk all around you and finally... THIS GOD DAMM VIEW. The area is gorgeous as fuck is represents extremely well for me the consequence of linking the flame again, with those burnt pillars, this half destroyed building around the First flame, the ashes etc everything represent perfectly this idea of burn the ancient world to create a new.

    Plus the music in the background, the sky kinda foggy but still showing the Sun, could represent Lord Gwyn soul, not as bright as before but still here. I like to see this with some sort of poesy.

    Plus the few numbers of black knight kinda add to this feeling that a lot of them died against the demons.

    And finally the boss fight at the end which is not perfect and doesn't really need to be included in the discussion because I'm only talking about the area but still worth mentioning due to how well the atmosphere of the trade guy of Gwyn's story, at world's end (or world's beginning), which is great. Because all I've said it really creates a freaking brillant atmosphere that for me right now make me put this area as undeniable number 1 for me.

    So what do you think guys of this area ?

    submitted by /u/OnionOfCatarina
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Excel Boss Tracker

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 09:08 PM PST

    I created a complete list of all the bosses in the Dark Souls trilogy. I thought you guys might enjoy! Every boss is separated per game and shows its location. The four greater souls are in bold.

    Here it is if you are interested:

    http://www.mediafire.com/file/wkvwvg7xaytlvd0/Dark_Souls_Boss_Progression_Tracker.xlsx/file

    submitted by /u/Kronostatic
    [link] [comments]

    I finally reached my goal, 100% completion on the Dark Souls trilogy!

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 01:54 AM PST

    Dark Souls Trilogy 100% on Steam

    I'm not the first one and definitely not the last one aswell, but I'm so happy to finally have accomplished one of my gaming goals! It all started with getting platinum on Bloodborne and the accomplishment of that proces was another perfect excuse to start new runs on the Dark Souls games to get them 100% completed aswell. I bought and played all 3 souls games on the day of their original release so some of them I have been playing ages. I expected a drag to start from zero to get all achievements (since all my saves were gone, except for DS:PtD but since I bought Remastered I had to start over anyway) but it seems my completion runs were more exciting than my older runs. I just love to scroll through the internet and make a to-do list to get all gestures and spells etc. I was so amazed to see how much alive the community still is, especially in Dark Souls 2 which for some reason still lies closest to heart.

    The only downside of achieving this is the feeling that there is nothing more to discover in the Souls games. But I'm pretty sure in a good year or 2 there will be new excuses to make to play the best games ever made!

    submitted by /u/vyronsattic
    [link] [comments]

    Gravelord sword

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 03:57 PM PST

    Is It good at high levels??? I got It, liked It, and leveled It up to Max. Did f Up?

    submitted by /u/no-u-great-grand
    [link] [comments]

    Would you pay money (5-10 dollars) for a "DLC" that essentially fixes the parts of this game that were clearly rushed and unfinished?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 03:20 PM PST

    I think everyone is probably in agreement that some parts of the game post lord vessel are pretty unfinished or have a lack of polish the rest of the game has.

    Big example being demon ruins and izalith. When you go through the area you can quite literally see areas that were intended to be used but are blocked off. Demon ruins seems obviously thrown together with the copy paste mobs. With how large the ruins look from the tomb of giants, it probably had a lot more use than intended.

    I think, for example, that the ORIGINAL pathway to enter izalith was the door you open for the chaos covenant. I dont think demon firesage or centipede demon were the original plan. Demon firessage was just thrown in to add filler and demon centipede really seems like it was a boss that was originally not going to be used but then they had to add it last second (kind of like how bloodborne has a lot of unused bosses. Centipede demon seems like it was not going to he used and then got added. Its a broken fight mechanically).

    I think the initial plan was to enter izalith via the pathway from the chaos covenant. But since they ran out of time, they added the other route with the 2 shitty bosses/ the lava zone with the the dino butts to make it seem like it takes longer.

    When you enter izalith via the titanute demon bridge, you can clearly see pathways that were intended but removed. There are staircases and rooms that are haphazardly blocked and unused. When you look at izalith it looks huge. Like something on the scale of iriythyll. Its obvious they had other plans but had to put a bandaid on the unfinished level. Which is a shame.

    Also in the centipede demon room, there is what looks like a very clear door that was intended to be used. Maybe this was the original intended boss room that you had to reach from the structure but they changed it up and added bed of chaos? Who know

    In dukes archives its also very clear that the crystal cave is unfinished. The forest area leading up to it looks like shit and the crystal cave is very lackluster outside of looking pretty. I'm sure crystal cave was intended to basically be an entire zone you had to play through with the very bottom being where you fight seathe.

    Tomb of giants also seems kinda rushed. Possibly using the darkness to mask how short it was to get through. Its a level you can literally speed through in 2 minutes. I dont believe that was intended. I'm sure it was meant to be much larger.

    The only place that seems more finished than the other 3 (outside of the actual dukes archives) is new londo ruins. But they also kinda added fluff to it by making you find sif

    Idk what about you all? Maybe someday dark souls will get deoms souls remake treatment and then they will finish the game like they intended

    submitted by /u/hyperparadise-
    [link] [comments]

    which one should I start with?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 04:23 AM PST

    I would like to start the dark souls series, should I start with ds1 or can play ds3? are they connected?

    submitted by /u/_-BigChungus-_
    [link] [comments]

    Someone please help me defeat gwyn!

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 07:12 PM PST

    I've recently been playing dark souls remastered for the first time, meaning it's my first time playing any dark souls and I've beaten every boss until now, Gwyn Lord of Cinder is pushing my shit in every time, would really appreciate some help, also where are all the summon signs located usually? Sincerely,

    DS newbie

    submitted by /u/Vanitypillz
    [link] [comments]

    Silver knights

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 10:17 AM PST

    I just tried to use a bow on the two silver knights and they went full Crocodile Dundee on me "ya call that a bow? That's a bow". Screw those guys right through their plate mail.

    Edit: is that the only way into the building?

    submitted by /u/AtuinTurtle
    [link] [comments]

    You guys, the remaster is the shit

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 07:12 AM PST

    I was on the fence to get this for a long time but the Playstation Black Friday sale for $20 put me over the edge.The fluidity, the detail, the everything.

    Time to look up Dumbshits Guide once more

    submitted by /u/EchoWhiskey_
    [link] [comments]

    I discovered what happens to Soulaire and now I'm kinda sad.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 11:40 PM PST

    Feel bad for not summoning him... he really seemed like a cool dude. Really sucked to see him get infected by a parasite and for me to put him out... was not summoning him a bad idea?

    submitted by /u/Spicy_Ramen11
    [link] [comments]

    I found my first Vagrant but I died

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 03:19 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment