• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 22, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 10:07 PM PST

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Bed of Chaos

    Being Gravelorded in Anor Londo? Died to Bed Of Chaos for the 100th time? Checked your phone for a second, only to run off a cliff and lose your bloodstain?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat a boss after 3 days of trying!!

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 11:53 PM PST

    After 3 days of trying, i finally did it! I beat Ornstein and smough, and i couldnt be happier! My first time playing dark souls, and im really loving it so far!!

    submitted by /u/Starlordcowboy
    [link] [comments]

    Just lost over 2 million souls because I hit the wrong button and rolled off a cliff.

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 05:37 AM PST

    Must carry on. Try...not...go...hollow....

    submitted by /u/yoosurname
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody else hate New Londo Ruins?

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 02:53 PM PST

    Ya, ya, Blightown is bad, but because I am playing the remaster with a better framerate, it was ok. The worst area is new londo ruins. Anybody agree? Getting limited ability to kill ghosts, not interesting design, no bonfire, and it felt like a suicide run. Grab key, die. Lower water, die. Go get the ember , die. Run to boss fight. The only redeeming quality is the boss, which was a fun challenge.

    submitted by /u/Western_Telephone773
    [link] [comments]

    Beat this game for the first time!

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 12:01 AM PST

    Before playing Dark Souls, all I really ever played was FIFA and Call of Duty, so it was a huge adjustment for me but I've always wanted to play a game like this. And I'm so glad I did!

    The very first thing that got me into it was the aesthetic and it took a couple months to actually start playing it, even though I'd occasionally think about starting.

    The boss fights were epic and even after spending nearly 3 hours on Ornstein and Smough, struggling like crazy, I just kept wanting to play. It was basically addicting.

    Some of my favorite boss fights are Great Grey Wolf Sif, Four Kings, and as hard as it was, Knight Artorias. Another thing I want to mention was that I found Kalameet to be very easy, even though many consider him the hardest. I cut off his tail and got the Obsidian Greatsword, let him kill me, and then went back and killed him with the Obsidian greatsword after a couple more tries. And this is saying a lot considering I was stuck on the asylum demon for a while when I first started playing!

    I'm already in NG+ and I can definitely see myself playing this game through several more times. I plan on doing as many things different as possible to experience the game a different way the second time. After my NG+ run I'll start DS2 for the first time and I'm really excited for it. I hear all the bad stuff about it and my friends tell me it's a waste of time but I think that's bogus and still want to experience it because many people love it and I think I will too.

    submitted by /u/Sanjin4512
    [link] [comments]

    Just completed dark souls for the first time

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 09:00 AM PST

    Wow what an amazing game! I can't give it enough praise. it's is a masterpiece (excluding that tree boss!)

    I kinda knew what I was getting into as I play bloodborne way too much but nothing could prepare me for how lost I would get in this game and I mean that both literally and figuratively all I would think about is playing dark souls it's like I was addicted to it!

    The bosses were magnificent well except for that damn tree boss and the soundtrack don't even get me started! I almost purposely lost the final battle just to hear that music again (I didn't because it would've felt dishonorable not giving gwyn my all lol crazy right)

    I don't even know why I'm posting this but I just had to tell someone how much I loved this game. I was thinking about starting ds2 after I completed this but I might run through this one at least one more time.

    submitted by /u/choppamandown
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat dark souls 3 in 30 hours

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 04:40 AM PST

    After completing the remaster I'm suprised I did it this quick only boss I didn't kill was the nameless king

    submitted by /u/humansizedfruit69
    [link] [comments]

    Quelana calls me fool no more.

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 06:58 PM PST

    For the first time, in about 15 play throughs, I beat the Bed of Chaos on my first attempt!! Thanks to one of you genius people for instructing me (us) to poise tf up and march through it's BS. Thanks again! Previous record was 4 attempts, one death being from the titanite demon.

    submitted by /u/TCtheThunderRooster
    [link] [comments]

    Need Advice for New Player

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 02:45 AM PST

    So I just started my first playthtough in Dark Souls Remastered. 4.5 Hours in and I rage quitted because of Bell Gargoyle. Somehow I can't manage to find opening window for me to attack them and I got staggered to death so many times. And about the game mechanic, something feels strange..... I had 160 hours in Dark Souls 3 and maybe I'm too used to DS3 game mechanic. I feel that the iFrame in DSR is different with the DS3 huh? Rolling took a lot of Stamina, The recovery time after rolling is frustratingly long (I got roll caught by Bell Gargoyle to death a lot of time lol), The enemies can track or found you from miles away and nothing can stop them. And now the questions :
    1. Is there any habit from DS3 that I need to stop doing in DSR? like the Rolling or Don't try to run while locked on because you can't

    1. Does the rolling iframe between DSR and DS3 different?

    2. Basically, Humanity is like Embers Right?

    3. Is Bell Gargoyle really really really that difficult for new player? Are you guys have the same feeling when first fighting them?

    And forigve me becuase in the end..... I summoned 2 Phantoms to help fighting Bell Gargoyle because how angry I am :( Any answer and advice will be much Appreciated :))))))

    submitted by /u/whatshouse
    [link] [comments]

    Souls series survey for university

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 03:32 AM PST

    Link to the survey here

    Hello everyone! I'm conducting a small survey about Souls series at my university, and one of its parts focuses on player feedback and the influence it has on them. I made a small questionnaire, it only has 5 questions, so it will take no more than a few minutes. Every submission is greatly appreciated!

    Also, if you have any good videos\articles speaking about people's personal experience with the series and their perspective, you're welcome to share them in the comments or in my DMs. There is also a section in the questionnaire for telling your own story if you'd like to. Thank you very much for your help! I'll post the results when I'm done.

    submitted by /u/ziraelxx
    [link] [comments]

    The bells

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 01:54 AM PST

    I will never not think the gaping dragon should have been the bell guard and not quelaag. Quelaag just feels more... important than a bell guardian. Also, having the dragon be the bell guard would have erased the need for the upper half of blight town, thus making the world as a whole a better place

    submitted by /u/Weevil_weasel
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need to kill the giant that opened Sen's Fortress?

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 05:24 PM PST

    Do I have to kill them? They seem nice but they kinda hurt me, wanted to thank them or be friends or something but they attacked, will anything happen if I kill them?

    Also this is the same post I just had messed up and put "yo" instead of "to" Sorry for the inconvenience

    submitted by /u/yeetus-guy
    [link] [comments]

    I for the life of me cant beat these Gargoyles

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 10:16 PM PST

    So the title is pretty much self explanatory. Ive beaten Bloodborne, Dark souls 3 and Sekiro, and after having the chance to get DS1 remaster for like half the price a few days ago, I jumped aboard the DS1 train. Still loving the game, but Im stuck at these gargoyles like no other boss. I cant use armor because apparently any armor at all causes me to fat roll, and while I have no issue at all with the first 'goyle, the second fire breathing ass has caused me to never far after they drop. Ive died a good 20 times already (yes I know, rookie numbers) but Im failing to figure out what I need to fix. I even found andre and got my claymore to +2 and Im still struggling a lot. And sadly I used all of my gold pine resin in a fleeting hope earlier on :(

    Any tips?

    submitted by /u/Cav3Johnson
    [link] [comments]

    Finally beat O & S after just under 9 hours in my no healing sl30 solaire cosplay run..

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 10:00 PM PST

    God i've never felt so good in my life. Screw Drake and Josh and after forcing myself to only use solaire stuff and SL30, i've grown to hate solaire now.. sorry guys..

    https://clips.twitch.tv/TransparentStormySageHoneyBadger

    submitted by /u/Sexiest_Talon
    [link] [comments]

    man this game

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 10:25 PM PST

    I played sekiro as my first souls-borne game, it wasn't as bad as people made it out to be so my expectations of souls games was greatly reduced, then I got DSR on sale and played it, this stamina and lag time after rolling with the wall hitting is really annoying and now I understand why the reputation it has is what it is

    submitted by /u/Axelluu
    [link] [comments]

    this remains my favourite quote in all of gaming..

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 05:41 PM PST

    "thou will understand one day.. At thy twilight, old thoughts return, in great waves of nostalgia"

    of course the second best is "SAKE!"

    submitted by /u/baldguy21
    [link] [comments]

    Miracles vs. Sorcery vs. Pyromancy. Which one to use if I wanna get good, viable spells early, with a lot of uses?

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 11:25 PM PST

    So far I've done 3 playthroughs of this game, but all of them have been pure melee (strength, no-pyro SL1, and dex, but don't tell anyone I leveled that up). In general I avoid magic builds in RPGs, but wanna try one in this game. I'm addicted so might as well get some variety.

    The problem I have is with the idea of limited spell uses, I feel like I'm the type of player that will always be like "I gotta save these up, might as well use my enchanted sword". Also I don't wanna be playing a melee build again for half the game. So which of these three paths are best to get a ranged magic build going relatively early? I don't really care about weapon buffs.

    submitted by /u/tenamonth
    [link] [comments]

    Do enemies in dark souls have fixed strength?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 12:28 AM PST

    Hi, I am having a blast pkaying dark souls remaster for the first time. Just sounded the second bell and now for the fortress! I was wondering if enemies have a fixed strength level ( hp, strength, etc..) or if they accomodate to the strength of your caracter. I feel like they have fixed strength (like final fantasy VII in 1997, as opposed to the next ones) but I am not sure. I kind of prefer fixed strenghths because then it feels like growing your character makes more sense.

    submitted by /u/Iuvik
    [link] [comments]

    Wife's first blind run

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 06:14 PM PST

    Heya everyone!

    I have loved this damn game since it came out, and would go as far as to say that I would honestly consider it to be a work of art when it comes to games in general.

    That being said, my wife is a little more of a relaxed gamer, and has never actually got into the whole idea of constantly improving through suffering, and the feel of souls-like games in general (Funny considering that she adores the Bloodborne board game). However she very happily surprised me a couple of days ago when she stated that she was starting to gain interest in the idea of perhaps giving it a go, something that brought me endless joy not only because she would try my favourite game, but also because I'd get to vicariously experience another blind playthrough of it.

    With that said, I realized that I could finally give something back to the community, and I convinced her to stream the game on twitch for others to be able to have that same joy once again while at the same time perhaps playing a nice little joke on her by getting some folks to actually watch her!

    (I know I saw a couple of posts like these in the past, and please tell me if I am breaking some rule by posting it, but if so I'll take it down asap)

    For those that would be interested, she is likely going to give it a shot tomorrow at around 8pm GMT+1/USD+1. The link is here!

    And please, while I know this may be a redundant thing to say, but please don't spoil stuff for her unless she struggles too much.

    submitted by /u/Arugall
    [link] [comments]

    How to get the best experience of the lore?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 02:24 AM PST

    Hey guys. I have allways heard of dark souls, and i finally decided to play it, so i picked up the remastered version and im loving it.

    However i find that things kinda go over my head, and i want to experience more of the lore, so i feel more connected to the game while i play. I looked up diffrent youtubers, and theres a ton of content out there. I cant really find heads or tails in where to start, is there a playlist somewhere, or how do you guys get the full expirience of the lore?

    Thanks in advance :)

    submitted by /u/andr7537
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls 1 is easy

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 04:14 AM PST

    So I've Been playing souls games back to back, and I Just picked up dark Souls remastered, For some reason I feel like it's super easy.... Was that Intentional cause it's the First in the series or was It just a testing Ground?

    submitted by /u/GhoestOfhCody
    [link] [comments]

    Need help for Sens fortress

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 04:00 AM PST

    This is my first playthrough of darksouls and i am stuck in the room of Sens fortress with the snakes throwing lightning at me. My character is dexterity and pyromancy based and i use the balder sword. I also am unsure if going up over the bridge or down into the hole with that pesky titanite demon would be the better option. Please give me some tips or advice for this :)

    submitted by /u/five-velociraptors
    [link] [comments]

    A question regarding backtracking

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 03:58 AM PST

    So I decided to get silver serpent ring a bit earlier and went to catacombs right away. Sat on the skeleton blacksmith bonfire there as pinwheels are always annoying cunts and had a feeling I might die to the skeleton dogs in tomb of the giants.

    Now the problem is, I never went after the second bonfire in catacombs, the one blocked by spikes near we first meet patches. So the patches path is still up. I got my ring and now when I try to climb back up, I end up coming to the spikey path. Is backtracking still possible or am I screwed? I tried exploring a bit but couldn't see much as skeletons always end up killing me (the necromancers are still up and bleed is op vs poor naked hollow me)

    submitted by /u/ilaremadeys
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Performance

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 11:57 PM PST

    So I recently have been dying to play the Dark Souls trilogy and I don't want to spend $200 on the trilogy and all the dlcs. I have an Xbox One, just a plain Xbox One not an Xbox One S, X, Series X, S. I saw that I could get all the trilogy with all the dlcs for $60 on amazon and am looking to buy it, but am concerned if it will run well. I am wondering if it stutters a lot and if the experience is enjoyable. Should I buy it?

    submitted by /u/RustyNuggetRies
    [link] [comments]

    Vit build

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 03:34 AM PST

    What is the best weapon for a pure vitality build aka build that gets vitality to 99 before putting points in other stats

    submitted by /u/Arciel19
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment