• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 15, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 10:09 PM PST

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Frigid Outskirts.

    Summoned into a gank squad on the Iron Keep Bridge? Died to Fume Knight for the 100th time? Think you're getting boned by SOTFS?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I just found out that I have to press A/X to discover illusory walls after 29 hours of gameplay.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 09:28 PM PST

    Yeah, so... this is my last Souls game to beat not including Demon's Souls, in preparation of which (now that it's coming to PS5) I decided to finally complete it.

    I am really thorough playing games, I try to find as much as possible without guides, and I try to explore the world to the best of my abilities. So I guess you can imagine how incredibly is my "OCD" kicking in now that I know how many possible chests and overall secrets have I missed by this blunder of epic proportions.

    I never once considered pressing X as my muscle memory was so set in after all the other From games. The thing is though... that I still spent the entire game whacking all the walls that were suspicious to me, and considering how I play games, I was doing that all. the. time. Sometimes 3-4 hits per room...

    What is even more funny about this, or sad depending on your perspective, is that I considered all the "illusory wall ahead" messages, with which the game is absolutely riddled, to be a meme. Similar to bloodstains or specters that we leave at various locations, or all the other messages in hallways for example, I took them simply as jokes, poking fun at how few invisible walls there actually are in the game... Sigh.

    Welp, time to go through the whole thing again.

    submitted by /u/MrSeky
    [link] [comments]

    tip for beat darkman?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 01:58 AM PST

    me big strong man. like club. big club. great club. me visit dark place. arrow man comes, hit him with club. fire man comes, hit him with club. club man comes. hit him with club. fall down pit, meet dark man. hit dark man with club. easy. dark man splits in two. oh no

    tip for win?

    submitted by /u/Shadows4
    [link] [comments]

    When does everything soft cap when leveling up?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 08:08 AM PST

    I dont wanna go overboard so I want to know any info will be great thanks

    submitted by /u/--Neo
    [link] [comments]

    I need help with the Squallid Queen

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 09:47 AM PST

    First off I wanna say this: fuck the Squallid Queen and her bullshit Velstadt summon

    And two, fuck Steelheart Useless summon that serves as a terrible tank

    Now that I got that out the way, does anybody have any useful strategies against her other than the one I've been using: roll around avoiding her summons and strike really fast... And then get smashed by Velstadt 2.0 when I least expect it

    submitted by /u/TheonlyAngryLemon
    [link] [comments]

    I want to make a playthrough with unconventional weapons, what should I keep in mind?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 08:49 AM PST

    So, I played as a general spellcaster, light armor sword and shield, heavy equipment, paladin... and I just remembered that there are some weapons you don't see much of, whips, scythes, claws... so I thought I'd make a playthrough with one of those types of weapons, but I don't know jack shit about them. What should I keep in mind for that?

    submitted by /u/TheBestCCIsDeath
    [link] [comments]

    What's the area after shulva sanctum city?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 12:32 PM PST

    Went through the whole game an couldnt find it,it appears as ??? Because after you speak to nashandra u unlock everything so idk where it is help me

    submitted by /u/--Neo
    [link] [comments]

    Haaalp

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 12:07 PM PST

    So trying to kill Sir Alonne.....trying. He sucks. I need help if you guys wanna help out. PSN: SolPyr

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/So1Fueg0
    [link] [comments]

    I need help

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 11:06 AM PST

    The pursuer- forest of fallen giants. Xbox general is ShaggyGamerDog message me if you can help.

    submitted by /u/swimmerman45
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations for my paladin build

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 08:49 AM PST

    Hello, I started playing a few weeks ago and I'm currently in the dlcs but I'm noticing that my weapon is not doing too much for me rn.
    I'm using a heide's sword +10 infused with elec and I think is not at the standard for my current chara. I tried using big swords like the protector's and the mirror knight's but I don't like the movesets of big swords, the heide spear is also not of my liking, I'm looking for a regular sword that scales good with faith, maybe the heide one is the best I can get... but if you know it's welcome.
    For my bell I'm using the dragon one also at max like my sword, for my armor... well that's a part of my build that I don't care that much since I like to wear something that looks good lol

    But if you know a good armor set or pieces for a paladin build leave them too, I'm currently using the saint's hood and for the rest of the body Alva's set cuz looks cool.

    Recommendations would be appreciated thanks!

    PS: If my stats are needeed to help me find something I'll add them

    submitted by /u/RedThunder20
    [link] [comments]

    Titanite Chunks farming

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 10:32 PM PST

    I need roughly 12-15 titanite chunks to finish levelling up my desired gear. Currently need to max out my Claymore, Sorcerer's Staff, two different shields and armour.

    I have tons of twinkling (37) and tons of slabs (21) from Drangleic and Shrine of Amara but cannot find where to farm chunks to save myself.

    As it stands I have nearly a dozen bonfire ascetics so if I need to burn 1 or 3 somewhere I'm 100% ready to rock. I've also farmed the world basically dry so matching an NG+ area pound for pound level-wise shouldn't be an issue.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    TIA

    submitted by /u/steelisntstrong
    [link] [comments]

    Game won't start

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 05:38 AM PST

    I just bought ds2 for the ps3. I waited half an hour for it to Install, and now the game won't start. Every time I select new game, it takes me to screen options. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've configured the options to how I want but it won't let me start the game

    submitted by /u/kermit_on_meth
    [link] [comments]

    Aldia/scholar of sin-themed playthrough - build question

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 05:17 AM PST

    Nostalgia hit me like Vendrick hits a naked SL1 dude and I got back to DS2, planning to make a few themed characters. Some of those I may even continue into DS3 as a continuing story.

    The first idea I want to tackle is the "scholar of sin", an Aldia-themed dude. The general theme is someone who got influenced by Vendrick's and Aldia's idea of breaking the curse and research into the First Sin and sit off on the path where both of them stopped.

    The biggest influences, both visually and thematically, in this case are

    • Aldia (his research, his manor, etc.)
    • the DS3 Grand Archives and the first scholar, who implanted the idea of not linking the fire into young prince Lothric (I still support the idea that it was either Aldia or someone connected to him)
    • me being a philosophically and theologically inclined person, the question of the human condition and how the First Flame an Undead Curse are connected to humanity
    • as a character, I imagine him being a very "no gods, no masters" kind of guy, and knowing DS3, someone who would definitely pick up on the ideas of the aforementioned scholars of the Grand Archives and works towards ending the toxic cycle of linking the Flame

    Now, the question is, what kind of build would support this idea of a scholar, who digs deep into a thematic that even gods wouldn't understand, maybe even at the cost of his own sanity.

    I am definitely thinking of an Intelligence based build and only minimal Str and Dex investment.

    But here is the a divergence:

    1. A pure Int based character with Magic infusions and Staff of Wisdom. It feels appropriate for a wandering scholar and since this is essentially about the nature of souls, but only sorceries feel a little limited in scope, especially since Aldia's research encompassed a whole lot more, exclusing creating Pyromancies, etc.
    2. An Int/Fth build that utilized hexes, some sorceries and some (dark) pyromancies. A caster-allrounder. It kinda fits having knowledge of all higher arts, however, I want to avoid looking like a deranged warlock that got corrupted by the Abyss or a murdering power hungry bloke like Navlaan. The theme is a scholar who seeks answers and solutions, not someone on the quest for unlimited power or someone looking for personal pleasures or gains.

    Let me know what you think or if you have any other ideas on how to expand this concept.

    Thanks for reading ;)

    submitted by /u/corny40k
    [link] [comments]

    Just started playing DS2, need some help.

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 04:57 AM PST

    So I just finished ds1 a couple days ago and got ds2. I read in different posts that you need around 100 agility for more IFrames. I understand how IFrames work but could someone explain how I get more agility?

    submitted by /u/TheReal_CDK
    [link] [comments]

    What are some good challenge runs?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 01:06 AM PST

    I am going fo start a new ds2 playthrough, but i have finished the game so many times, that i want to have something different. I am looking for ideas and for anyone that is intrested, i will be streaming these runs on twitch. Of course you can just recomend something, no need to watch it, beacuse i will probably post here how things went.

    submitted by /u/KingYogurt
    [link] [comments]

    Im pretty new at the game and need help

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 12:20 AM PST

    Me and my friend wanted to coop. Since we are very new at the game and got it like some days ago., We dont know how to get more human effigies. Can somebody please tell us if theres a way to farm human effigies. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/eternalK3nshin
    [link] [comments]

    Shalquoir Lore?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 11:20 PM PST

    Does the community have any? What is she? Is she something similair to Alvina? Why is she so wise and all knowing? What kind of irl cat is she?

    Also Silvercat Ring states cats turn into something but what?

    Why did From Software give the sexiest voice to a cat?

    submitted by /u/LuciferAdeo
    [link] [comments]

    Best builds in DS2? (just for PvE)

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 02:58 AM PST

    I come from a fairly experienced ds3 background (480+ hrs of gameplay) and have done pretty much all possible builds there

    Having just bought, and subsequently played DS2 for like 5 hours, I accidentally cheesed that guy in Heide's tower, I think he was dragonslayer or something (he just walked off the edge lol) and I'm wondering what to invest my souls in. I started out as warrior, and was thinking of a strength build but, im not sure how good those are nowadays (also how fun they are). Any advice on a build that is good in PvE but also somewhat fun (I do enjoy pure strength builds)

    Also I'd be looking for some good weapons to use in any given build

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/arab_bazinga
    [link] [comments]

    Any viable weapon for a SL1 full run other than the rapier?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 02:54 AM PST

    Wanting to do a SL, but everywhere I look, rapier is the best weapon, the thing is, I already did a run with a rapier and I don't like at all using rapiers, and I don't want this run to feel boring and generic.

    Is there any other weapon that with certain infusion and gear can carry me through the whole game? And if so, how does it compare to the rapier? (for example, in DS3 I noticed a huge difference from the Boardsword to the Dragonslayer axe). Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Antichupius
    [link] [comments]

    More players, new players

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 04:09 PM PST

    I've FINALLY convinced a group of friends to start dark souls 2 on ps3 I'm exited

    submitted by /u/alfredo-andrade92
    [link] [comments]

    lost bastille

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 06:44 PM PST

    anybody willing to help me in the lost bastille :/ the pursuer is making me gouge my eyes out and i don't know where else to go. pc

    submitted by /u/analoguemoney
    [link] [comments]

    Need help finding a key

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 08:01 PM PST

    There's this door that I haven't unlocked and there looks to be a bonfire right behind it. In the DLC. Thanks

    submitted by /u/ProfessorSlap
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment