• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 1, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Bed of Chaos

    Being Gravelorded in Anor Londo? Died to Bed Of Chaos for the 100th time? Checked your phone for a second, only to run off a cliff and lose your bloodstain?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    What do you guys think of my 100% home made Halloween costume?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 02:48 PM PDT

    Any love for my girlfriends homemade Halloween pinwheel?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 06:06 PM PDT

    I made a Dark Souls x Untitled Goose animation in Blender for Halloween.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 07:05 AM PDT

    Plin Plin Plon?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 02:01 AM PST

    This past month I've begun my gaming channel and Dark Souls is the first game I'm playing.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 10:10 AM PDT

    Hello friends! Just like the title says, I've created a gaming channel which is something I've wanted to do for a long time. I decided to kick things off with Dark Souls which is my favorite game of all time. I recently finished part 7 and am happy with how the series is going so far. If you're one who enjoys let's plays then definitely check it out, thanks, and happy Halloween!

    https://youtu.be/xOclOL29sBk

    submitted by /u/Zeretul4
    [link] [comments]

    Questions on Artorias' lore

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 01:56 AM PDT

    I've been reading a lot of DS lore lately and got curious about Artorias.

    We know that his legend is actually false. He didn't seal nor stop the Abyss and Manus. We did that.

    But is that all there is to him? How did he become a Knight of Gwyn?

    Was he hunting the Abyss/Darkwraiths way before the Oolacile incident? Was he part of the whole New Londo incident as well?

    Did he participate in the Dragon War or not?

    submitted by /u/Pyerx
    [link] [comments]

    Ever wondered why Titanite Demons are called that even though they are not bron from the Bed of Chaos?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 10:58 AM PDT

    Of course it's a lost in traslation, their name is 魔物 , "Mamono" which, yes, can be translated as demon.

    The chaos demons are called デモン , which is exactly read as "Demon".

    This continues the revelations that we are having by translating the game from japanese, more info about the not convoluted time here: https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/iq58dg/the_time_is_not_convoluted_all_of_our_main/

    submitted by /u/Keba_
    [link] [comments]

    Black knight halberd in remastered

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 11:17 PM PDT

    I recently started playing dark souls 1 for the first ever and I managed to get the black knight halberd randomly, friend of mine said that it was a super good weapon and that it could one shot bosses. I was wondering if this was true or if it was some glitch that allowed it to do that when the game first came out on the old consoles. Would also appreciate a list or something of other good weapons I should look out for thanks in advance for any tips/clarification.

    submitted by /u/internetalien13458
    [link] [comments]

    My most embarrassing Darksouls secret

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 03:09 AM PST

    I am reasonably good at Darksouls, and I have played both Darksouls 1 and 2 to completion with multiple different bulids and even killed the ancient dragon in Darksouls 2. But I have died to pinwheel, and actually struggled with defeating him the second time. It was my very first run of darksouls and I was playing as a knight, a very patient knight, and I let pinwheel multiply instead of charging him. Due to my weak fire/magic resistance, he took me down. So there you go people, I am a living proof that someone can actually be dumb enough to die at the hands of this boss.

    submitted by /u/KnightHorrors
    [link] [comments]

    Praise the Halloween!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 06:38 PM PDT

    If only I could be so grossly incandescent

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 03:51 PM PDT

    Quelaag update

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 01:38 PM PDT

    So, like the Gaping Dragon there is a hard way and an easy way. The hard way was trying to solo her without a summon which is the opposite of Gaping Dragon. I was not expecting the summon I got because she had invaded me previously and didn't know she could aid me later. I had no idea what to do or where to go after I killed her so I ended up stepping into some demon area and thought NOPE and turned around. I found the way down to Anor Londo via valley of the drakes (I think) and ran into some banshees I couldn't even hit (I assume I need holy weapons). I said NOPE and found the elevator up to Firelink. By the way, the water wheel elevator can suck my whole ass. I'm not sure how many oopses I had going up that resulted in falling to my death. But hey, I killed hot boobs spider lady, found my way out, and went into Sen's fortress far enough to see swinging blades. Today got a lot accomplished.

    submitted by /u/AtuinTurtle
    [link] [comments]

    It's finally over

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 11:01 PM PDT

    Since the reveal of demon's souls remake, I've been super obsessing over that game. Wasn't able to get a PS5 pre-order and probably won't be able to get one for a while. I figured well since I won't be able to play I might as well revisit dark souls.

    Booted up dark souls remastered and my intention was to just play it once. Boy should have known that wasn't gonna happen. After progressing through the game I got addicted all over again just like with the original. I was thinking about getting all achievements and told myself "nah I ain't gonna play this game three times."

    Lo and behold as soon I hit NG+ I decided to 100% the game. It took 2 days 3 hours worth of playtime to get "the dark soul" achievement. When it comes to dark souls, the grind never stops. And yes, it was just as much of a pain in the ass 100 percenting the remastered version as it was the original.

    This is my favorite game and my favorite genre of gaming in general. Perhaps in a few years I'll revisit it again but for now I'm burnt out. Jolly cooperation to everyone that's a part of this wonderful community!

    submitted by /u/TouckaOda
    [link] [comments]

    The Feeling I get when I play DS1

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 02:44 AM PST

    Now, when I beat a game, I feel proud about myself and what I have done but sometimes I never feel like "wow I feel accomplished" that the game should award me with. Some games that I have beaten have gave me the "wow I feel accomplished" feeling such as: Half Life. Bioshock, Fallout New Vegas, DOOM, Blood,Portal and unironically Postal. But from the moment when I bought it on steam and beat it, for some reason it kept pulling me back and beating the game over and over again (This is the reason I have over 500 hours of the game on steam and got all the achievements) and the feeling of getting to Lord gwyn and killing him it is all there that feeling of "wow I feel accomplished" and when you figure out the lore behind it that moment of realisation made me retake some of my actions in new playthroughs of the game. But even before you figure out the lore I felt like I could create my own fun. and look at the the youtuber VaatiVidya the game has enough content to fuel 1.64M subscribers which made me feel that there is more to a Dark Souls game than I know so far...

    submitted by /u/BucketBoiAce
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Black Knight Halberd overpowered?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 02:37 AM PST

    I got it from the one in undead parish and since then the game was really easy for me, especially when I reinforced it

    submitted by /u/Prontage
    [link] [comments]

    Spookiest dark souls enemy?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 04:45 PM PDT

    In honor of the Spookiest day, what enemy is the Spookiest? Is it the capra demon and his glorious chiseled physique, topped off with his goat skull head and back protrusions? What about the bonewheel skeletons and all their spooky scary skeleton self, with the added spookiness of a wheel? Gravelord Nito and his uncountable mass of bones you can't help but admire? Who is the spooky?

    submitted by /u/Cake_Lube
    [link] [comments]

    request

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 01:43 AM PST

    can someone provide me with an image of solaire saying wholesome

    submitted by /u/achtung27899888gg
    [link] [comments]

    Idk if anyone cares but ive keeping track of how many attempts it takes me to beat each boss in Dark Souls

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 01:38 AM PDT

    Asylum Demon - multiple tries (first try after noticing there was a door to the left 🤦‍♂️)

    Taurus Demon - first try

    Bell Gargoyle - multiple tries (I left the game for almost 2 months cause I couldn't beat this, looked up a walkthrough, a super fun fight and my favorite so far along with Sif)

    Moonlight Butterfly - First try

    Capra Demon - first try

    Gaping Dragon - first try

    Chaos Witch Quelaag - first try

    Great Grey Wolf Sif - second try (first time I was kinda underpowered)

    submitted by /u/RaihanHA
    [link] [comments]

    I'm surprised...

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 09:50 PM PDT

    They never added a mimic acting like a bonfire. How many WTF did I die to posts would we have seen from that?!

    Sorry, it is Halloween.

    submitted by /u/Judokid4210
    [link] [comments]

    I've finally beaten dark souls

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 04:49 PM PDT

    So I didn't know if I should make this post but after making some updates before I thought it will felt a little bad to not give my thoughts on it and damn where do I start...

    Well first after killing bed of chaos which was ironically the only boss I had left to open the door at the lordvessel I went on to face Gwyn and it was pretty damn hard, I had to get a few tries and even though I mostly tried to get as little outside help and information as possible before playing dark souls I knew you could actually parry him, when I did Jesus christ I only had to parry him 3 times and after killing him, it felt a little dissapointing, he didn't even get to finish his own theme before I was over with him then I saw a bonfire and said cool can't wait to light it up and go back when I accidentally extended the age of fire.

    Anyways that's pretty much it, after killing him I decided to put sometime into new game+ as dark souls 2 felt a little rough, I also opened the wiki, started learning a little about the lore and it was pretty sad and I noticed that I didn't go to any of the optional areas of the game, so what I'm doing in new game+ is try and maybe experience everything else this game has to offer and get the other ending.

    That's it 9/10 overall

    PS: Anyone in the depths right now that can play pm or reply so we can fight gaping dragon together.

    submitted by /u/Danolix
    [link] [comments]

    the worst boss fighter award goes to bed of chos

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 12:52 AM PDT

    i really hate platform games

    submitted by /u/twety77
    [link] [comments]

    What happens if I kill Dukes Archives crystal golem?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 12:45 AM PDT

    So its my first playthrough on DS1(Remastered) and I was playing through Dukes Archives killing every thing I see. Including a crystal golem that was just vibing at the corner. Then my friend told me not to kill it because I might lose the dlc key? Am I permanently blocked from accessing the dlc? The golem didn't drop anything.

    submitted by /u/dardardarner
    [link] [comments]

    Smough worked very hard on his Halloween costume this year!!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 02:47 PM PDT

    Just Started

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 06:13 PM PDT

    Hey guys I just started my first Dark Souls 1 play through The only similar game I've played before this is bloodborne let's hope I get good quicker this time lmao

    submitted by /u/itsa-yikes-from-me
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment