• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 1, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 11:13 PM PDT

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Frigid Outskirts.

    Summoned into a gank squad on the Iron Keep Bridge? Died to Fume Knight for the 100th time? Think you're getting boned by SOTFS?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    After 4 years of playing and loving this series, I had finally played and beaten DS2 SotFS. Here is what I think of the game.

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 03:22 AM PST

    First of all, I have only beaten NG and all of the DLCs. I still have to beat multiple NG+ and earn all achievements/collect every single item in the game. Now, onto my review...

    I love it. As flawed as it may be, I am so glad I played it. There are so many features and mechanics that I'm amazed by and sad that DSR and DS3 didn't implement into them. To keep things short and sweet, I'll put my pros and cons of the game into bulletpoints, with my final thoughts and opinions at the end.

    Pros: - beautiful world and diverse level design that doesn't reuse DSR and DS3 assets - some of the best DLCs in the series, with one single area built as a playground for you to explore and connect as puzzles to reach some of the best and hardest bosses in the series - manifold of unique weapons, armor, rings and spells - best hub (Majula), that unlike DS3's Firelink Shrine, is connected to many areas in the game - Powerstancing - Bonfire Ascetics, probably the best feature ever implemented in the series, which allows you the best Soul Farming experience in the series (Memory Of Jeigh) and to replay bosses and collect same items again - Spices and Herbs, which are a huge improvement over DSR and DS3 in some ways

    Cons: - most of the OSTs are really unmemorable - quite a bit of spots in areas that are empty and built just because - I know that the game gives you means to combat this, but there are TOO MANY enemies in the game, which makes some boss run-ups a nightmare (I'm looking at you, Smelter Demons) - most of the bosses are pretty boring and some are reused assets (beat most of the base game bosses on my first try because they're easy) - weapons degrade too quickly - Estus healing is really slow - a few Pharros Doors are useless, so they waste this rare and really handy material

    Overall, the game is a true diamond in the rough. I really like how the DS2 team is trying to do it's own thing with this game, but unfortunately some areas of the game are lacking as a result. Nevertheless, I love the game and I'm really glad I got my hands on it.

    May the Dark be with you, lads! :-)

    submitted by /u/NikolasKage3
    [link] [comments]

    Ranking the crown bosses for my low-level challenge run

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 08:04 AM PST

    I just finished my quadruple-crown run with my agape ring SL32 sorc, which ended up being quite a challenge. So while it's fresh in my mind, I figured I'd rank the 6 bosses required to collect the 4 crowns, by how long it took me to beat each.

    6) Elana, Squalid Queen: 1 hour

    I was surprised as anyone that Elana ended up taking the least time out of the DLC bosses, because generally I consider her to be a huge pain in the butt. This time around, I opted for an all-in glass cannon, using the drop into her arena to activate the RTSR along with flynns and leo, with a CMW +10 magic rapier. The damage was incredible, but it still took me a while to figure out the secret - at a certain health threshold, she automatically casts her summons, a very slow spell that makes the fight much harder afterwards. If I nailed her as hard as possible at the beginning, she'd summon right away while I was out of stamina and couldn't take advantage. But if I held back a little, let her do one normal attack, then tipped her over the threshold and wailed on her, I could finish her off less than a minute after I entered the arena. Felt so sweet to trivialize a boss that's given me trouble in other playthroughs without the difficulty of low levels.

    5) Aava, the King's Pet: 1.5 hours

    Not any different than playing at higher level, except that it took longer and with a lot fewer mistakes allowed. The main difficulty is that this was before I had my melee weapons, so I had to do it with 100% spells, which is brutally punished by the DLC bosses and made the fight take significantly longer, which added to a normally easy fight by DLC standards.

    4) Sinh, the Slumbering Dragon: 2 hours

    I thought Sinh would be pretty hard, but honestly once you know how to fight his aerial attacks he's not a huge deal. I got pretty close a few times going solo, but ended up winning with Edde, who is just the best damn AI summon in the game. Went with a more durable build so I could take a hit from his attacks and recover - it can be to read some of his tells when he's up in the air, or you're wailing on his butt while his head is prepping to attack.

    3) Vendrick: 3 hours

    Vendrick has always been relatively easy for me, so getting crushed over and over and OVER really made me appreciate him. His damage is high enough that he'd often on-hit-kill me depending on hollowness. The main difficulty is simply endurance, because of how many hits it takes to kill him, and the potential disastrousness of any mistake. Ultimately I respecced so I could use a shield, funny enough, which allowed me to tank the occasional unexpected hit while trying to stay behind him. It was a grueling fight since I only had spells available at this point in the run, which he tanked a million of - I burned through all my soul arrows, great soul arrows, and great heavies, then munched a twilight herb and burned through all THOSE, just exactly killing him.

    2) Burnt Ivory King: 4 hours

    BIK was the last boss I beat, and it was quite difficult. I attempted spells, but they were awful against both phases so I ultimately went longsword for the first stage with a rapier for the second. I used both summons (trying to do it solo went consistently badly in phase 1), but they were too fragile by phase 2 so I ended up getting gear so I could cast greater heal between phases. It took a lot of attempts and humanity burning - especially since I died plenty of times in phase 1 - but in the final fight we dominated, with both summons surviving to the end (though I was out of estus after a sloppy phase 1 ate most of it). Probably my favorite DLC fight, though a long and tense one.

    1) Fume Knight: 6 hours

    Yep, Fumey was by FAR the worst of the fights for me, in the final analysis. His orbs and flame sweep consistently one-shotted me, and my damage was so low that the fight took ages with too many opportunities for mistakes. I went with a vestadt helm to skip phase 1, and after multiple configuration changes ended up on a RTSR glass cannon build. Which meant I couldn't miss a single roll, or I was dead. So I died over, and over, and over. I didn't keep track, but I'm guessing it was around 120 deaths before I finally managed to live perfection. What a hassle too, I had to switch rings and helms around to activate RTSR and cast GMW every time. And I got so close repeatedly, and then fumbled on the finish line. But after so many tries, I finally managed to bring him down.

    That's my ranking! If you've done your own low-level runs, I'm curious if my results matched up with yours, or if you had a different ranking.

    submitted by /u/Himetic
    [link] [comments]

    Any info on the grandma from the intro?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 11:13 AM PST

    who is she etc etc

    and does she voice every intro cutscene?

    submitted by /u/plopkoekmennen
    [link] [comments]

    Im lost xD

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 12:36 AM PDT

    Where should i go after beaten the rotten boss?

    Edit: its the shaded woods behind the statue

    submitted by /u/BD_76
    [link] [comments]

    My Catarina's pride has been once again destroyed in PVP.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 04:15 PM PDT

    After a long 4 year break in sleep, I'm back to Dks2 to parry those katanas... unfortunately, the whole thing ended up being the ultimate demonstration of self humiliation and shame. I don't know if my Knight of Catarina will recover from this. I shall sit and wait. Video

    submitted by /u/Frintezza45
    [link] [comments]

    Brotherhood of Blood duels on PS4

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 04:40 AM PST

    So I made a mid sm invader, a lore themed pyro named Faceless Quinn. I play on ps4 so I cant cheat a bunch of cracked red eye orbs in to use, and figured I would grind duels to make up some stock to use. My username on ps4 is oreoHummus, so if you run into me there, I hope we have a good fight!

    Also, if you are reading this and thinking about how bad of an idea any of this is, I don't want to have to be the one to explain why you are wrong, but I will do so for both of our sakes.

    submitted by /u/oreoHummus
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat this game for first time.

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 11:09 AM PST

    And I loved it. Even though I missed Aldia and Vendrick ending, I still enjoyed it a lot. Just sat there looking at ending credits and listening to that lovely soundtrack.

    This game has became one of my favorite games of all time. Thank you FromSoftware for this amazing journey.

    submitted by /u/stoneheart1996
    [link] [comments]

    Dexterity Help

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 12:35 PM PST

    Hi guys, never really gave DEX a go, not sure what strats/weapons make this stat shine, always been a STR guy, but wanted to switch things up. Any ideas/advice? Thanks!

    Oh, but don't tell my dad I'm levelling that up, he'll disown me.

    submitted by /u/pointme2theladies
    [link] [comments]

    You can bring Sellsword Luet to the boss fight, Looking Glass Knight

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 12:24 PM PST

    How cool is that? I also summoned Ashen Knight Boyd & Benhart of Jugo. I never knew you could bring Sellsword Luet to this boss fight. What an amazing experience it was.

    submitted by /u/Begone_Thot_1337
    [link] [comments]

    A bug in my progress?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 12:09 PM PST

    I just killed duke's dear freja but i didnt get his souls.. what should i do now? Or am i missing something?

    submitted by /u/BD_76
    [link] [comments]

    Can I get help on fume Knight level 133

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 11:38 AM PST

    I want to get the game, but is it really worth it in 2020?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 05:54 PM PDT

    As the title says, I am questioning whether or not the game is actual worth getting.

    I have played Remastered through about 2 times, Dark Souls 3 almost 6 times now, and Bloodborne 10+ times(first souls game I ever played and fell in love with it).

    I want to play through Dark Souls 2 to say I have done so, but I also want to be able to play it through more than 1 time while enjoying myself.

    So...without nostalgia goggles on, would you recommend buying and playing Dark Souls 2 more than one time?

    One last thing I want to know is if it is like Dark Souls where you need to find your own way to go or is it like DS3 and Bloodborne that has a pretty linear path with some exceptions.

    submitted by /u/Beasts_Embrace
    [link] [comments]

    I just completed the series, and summoned another player for the first time, against the last boss.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 07:06 PM PDT

    Let me just say I throughly enjoyed the ending of this game and the 3 boss fights leading up to it. This was my 3rd dark souls game played, as I beat 3 earlier this year and finished 1 about 2 months ago. I had my ups and downs throughout the series but I loved the experience as a whole and feel great to have beaten them all. I finally summoned someone for the first time on Aldia because I knew it would be my last chance to do so, and it was fantastic. Fighting side by side with a random player really felt great, but sadly I let him down by dying. I couldn't find him when I spawned back in and as fate decided, I ended up beating every boss solo which I guess feels pretty good in the end. Now hopefully I can get a ps5 soon and play bloodborne, demon souls, and sekiro

    submitted by /u/DreadfullyFed
    [link] [comments]

    If you summon an invader with a red sign soapstone, DONT HEAL

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 11:11 AM PST

    Look if you get invaded then sure maybe you can heal if you didn't want to be invaded. But if you summon someone from a red sign soapstone, you know you are being invaded, it is bull to run away and use estas flasks, invaders can't heal like that and it's bull crap because even if you catch them and hit them they heal more then you can do damage and then they can roll away super fast. I have run into this so many times and it's so annoying, during random invasions, it's annoying but I get it, but if you summon someone do a dual, if you have miracles, sure use them because you have invested your points into those so it's part of your character. But estas flasks everyone can get and you have to do nothing to get them, and since they are out for one of the people don't abuse them because then it's an almost guarantee win and you ruin the stupid dual.

    Thank you for coming to my ted talk

    submitted by /u/shadow1486
    [link] [comments]

    Can i get a generous soul please

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 12:00 AM PDT

    I burned an ascetic in the gutter already to try to get a heide knight great lance but it gave me gloves instead. Can anyone possibly give me one or trade one to me? Or even another ascetic? Please. I only have about a 600k SM

    submitted by /u/SiriusJester
    [link] [comments]

    Is the gargoyle flying around after you reach the saltfort bonfire in lost bastille a rare event?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    This is like the first time i've noticed that

    submitted by /u/BingusBongo134
    [link] [comments]

    Rotten boss safe path?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 11:53 PM PDT

    Is there a way to get to the rotten boss without getting hit?

    submitted by /u/BD_76
    [link] [comments]

    What lore have people figured out about the Imperfect?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 05:23 PM PDT

    I feel like my problem is that I can list things generally known about them but can't seem to put the data together into a coherent Explanation. Anyways:

    • Serpents are referred to as "imperfect" dragons per the first game's lore
    • They have the same tombstone teeth as the Primordial Serpents
    • They drop Petrified Dragon Bones, as if to say they're worthy-enough prey whose remains hold enough power to upgrade weapons transposed from special souls (since the name of "dragon bones" may not be entirely accurate)
    • They use Lightning (associated with clerics, which may make sense if you believe Shulva was a prominent city in eventually-anti-sorcery Olaphis) and Dark (although it's uncertain if Primordial Serpents are inherently creatures of Dark) simultaneously
    • They're found in one of the lowest parts of Shulva, but it's uncertain if they were created there or tossed down there for being "imperfect" in the first place (if we assume the Pit's former main purpose was as the above-ground access point to Shulva)

    I'm left with a lot of questions where the above points don't seem to indicate a prevailing explanation:

    • Are they a failed experiment of Aldia from his research into dragons and Giants?
    • Were they created in Old Olaphis? If so, to what purpose?
    • Are they somehow a result of Elana's attempts to harness Sinh's power (she's a Child of Dark and wields a weapon more similar to a halberd, commonly associated to clerics)? I've seen it speculated that Jester Thomas may serve Elana, so why would she seemingly assign him to protect them?
    • Do they have a direct connection to the Primordial Serpents? It's hard to tell since we essentially don't see any of them in the flesh in II or III. If there is a connection, are they a result of experiments on the Serpents, or were they an attempt at recreating them?

    It's something that's bothered me for a while, so if the people who go hard on the lore have put together anything concrete, I'd be eager to hear!

    submitted by /u/Benzyne_Intermediate
    [link] [comments]

    I need Help with gorgoynals

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 09:47 AM PST

    Mi soul memory is 376690

    submitted by /u/Nome-interessante
    [link] [comments]

    “Cant help falling in love with you” by Elvis Presley is the way I’m feeling about DS2

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 09:39 AM PST

    Maybe I'm too early in the game to tell, but I cannot see the criticisms in this game. I'm just loving exploring new areas getting my ass kicked and realizing hey, this is too fucking hard maybe I should back track and find and find a new area, and then I meet meet new npcs or I finally get powerful enough to challenge an area that couldn't really early in the game. Anyway I'm waiting for this game to really get piss annoying and shitty and that doesn't happen. Lol i shouldn't listen to other people, because I'm having so much fun. Right now I have almost a schedule, and a plan. Also in the rat covenant which is just amazing, only other covenant I've found better than the rat covenant is the dragon covenant from DS1 and apparently there is one in this game too. Idk gentlemen this gane is too hype

    submitted by /u/Davion-Shower-Handel
    [link] [comments]

    Parrying

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 08:59 AM PST

    First time playing DS2.

    Whenever I parry they just fall to the ground and then you counter, unlike DaS1 where you could do a standing counter.

    Is this correct or am I missing something?

    Is it just stronger enemies that you'd counter while they're standing now?

    Edited DS1 to DaS to avoid confusion

    submitted by /u/SP9419
    [link] [comments]

    Blue sentinels dead? Ps3

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 08:21 AM PST

    I'd like to get summoned as a blue spirit to help people/invade them. But I can't find anyone to invade or get summoned. Is the blue covenant dead? Can I get summoned/invade people in ng+ if I'm only ng?

    submitted by /u/Super_kiwi123
    [link] [comments]

    Fume Knight

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 10:52 PM PDT

    Is anyone available for this fight on the ps4? I am having some trouble because I have an ashen idol remaining on the right side of the arena so I can only fight him on 3/4 of the ring.

    submitted by /u/cowboybend
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment