• Breaking News

    Monday, November 30, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 10:10 PM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    FINALLY CUT OFF SEATH'S TAIL!

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 07:16 PM PST

    After many playthroughs, at least a dozen, I finally made up my mind to not continue until cutting off Seath's tail this time around. I finally put in the time and effort to get the dang thing. It wasn't THAT hard really. I tried on a few previous occasions but always got frustrated in the process and just ended up killing him before ever getting it. I've decided to finally go for "The Dark Soul" achievement which meant there was no passing it up this time around. It only took 4-5 tries before actually cutting the dang thing off this time, but it felt so damn good I had to capture the moment... or at least shortly after the moment. It's awesome that the tail sticks around after the fight, seemingly intentionally for the sole purpose of posing with it lol. Well, of course, that's exactly what I spent about 10 minutes doing after the fight haha. I fought him wearing The Sealer Set but had to strip for the screenshots because well, you know... I had to look... sexy? haha

    https://imgur.com/a/z9jz8RM

    submitted by /u/e_slack
    [link] [comments]

    [MOD] Dark Souls: Prepare to die again v9 - "Of Ash & Dust"

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 10:09 AM PST

    Hi, my name is FennrixFTR and some may know me as FTRichter, author of the Mod "Prepare to die again" for Dark Souls. I just wanted to inform you that the latest update "Of Ash & Dust" is now available for Dark Souls: Prepare to die edition and Dark Souls: Remastered.

    warning: playing the remastered version online will most likely get you banned. So either play offline or use a family share account.

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Again has been on a long journey over the years, from inception as a Scholar of the First Sin-esque expansion of Dark Souls 1 to a complete rework of the scope of progression and regaining that feeling of the first run through your journey across this gaming classic. Much has now been adapted - from the addition of new items to upgraded bosses and areas given much more meaning and a sense of cohesion across both the first and second half of the title.

    Cut content has been restored, questlines brought to new glory and now also adapting your playthrough of the game... there's more to discover, more to see, all in a fashion that rings true to the design and philosophy of that original playthrough. A lot of new items, spells and rings, a new boss weapon system, smoother movement mechanics, more rewards and all new features that can't be all seen in one playthrough

    All of that - and now, all with new things to experience... with the carefully developed v9

    Of Ash & Dust - What's new?

    - Even more new spells: 14 carefully selected, entirely new spells have been added to the arsenals of Sorcerers, Clerics, and Pyromancers alike. There's brand new ways to bring down your enemies using the power of the foes you've overcome - along with some wonderous surprises! Not to mention the brand new sets of rings with some more variants we'll get into later...

    - Changes to various Boss fights and the addition of dream realm bosses: Generally speaking, some less memorable or engaging fights have received remarkable touch-ups to their gameplay, aiming for more fun and at times puzzling as well as unique encounters which are sure to challenge the most daring adventurers.

    - New Fast Travel system: The deep crypts of Lordran house some who've discovered a new way of travelling about the land... whether to trust their services or not, is entirely up to you.

    - NG+ additions and changes: NG+ Rings, Spells, Items and general - mechanics have been made adaptive to your continued journeys through the cycles of this plagued and dangerous land... be sure to keep searching those derelict corners, you might just find something exciting!

    - New Invaders: Along with all these bonuses come yet more foes searching for them along with you - all sorts have been drawn to Lordran, and it will be by your hand whether they fall... or if you fall to them.

    - A wide variety of Quests: Several stories around a great few characters have been restored and reworked for your travels, with favorites like Oscar now having more hand in the continued stories... and even more so should you continue across the cycles.

    The download for Prepare to Die Again can be found on the Nexus, here: https://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/1372 (PTDE)https://www.nexusmods.com/darksoulsremastered/mods/292 (Remastered)

    You can also join the mod's discord server here: https://discord.gg/TknHQxK

    One thing to note is that PTDA is not compatible with ANY other mod which affects gameplay (such as "Rekindled", or "Daughters of Ash")... this is a standalone project and should be treated as such

    I do hope you all enjoy Of Ash & Dust, let me hear your thoughts. And to be sure - try not to go Hollow out there in Lordran :D

    submitted by /u/FennrixFTR
    [link] [comments]

    TIL you can kill every giant in Sen's Fortress

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 09:32 AM PST

    I'm on my sixth playthrough, 6 years after playing for the first time. And even though I carefully explored the fortress everytime, only now I found the illusory wall leading to the giant that opens the gate and that you can jump to reach the other one.

    Dark Souls is indeed an amazing game, even after hundreds of hours I'm still finding new stuff and having fun with different builds... Did you guys also discover something after many playthroughs?

    submitted by /u/Ben_Gadhura
    [link] [comments]

    Unpopular opinion: I didn't give a shit about the story

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 03:35 AM PST

    I know i'm probably going to get downvoted to oblivion, but i just didn't care about the story.

    I realize a great many people love the dark souls lore, and i respect that. We all love things for different reasons. I loved dark souls for the punishing difficulty. I loved it for the great combat, cool scenery, and uncompromising vision. All of the lore, however, i disregarded. I just didn't like it. I don't think it's necessary to appreciate the game at all. The sheer spectacle of the game stands true without the fluff of the very sparse story.

    submitted by /u/todd10k
    [link] [comments]

    I just realised that silver knights get staggered by a two handed greatsword because the silver knight set doesn't have 53 poise

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 10:37 AM PST

    First time souls player here... this game is nuts!

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 02:29 PM PST

    i can't believe i just imitated an egg to go kill the tutorial boss's dad so i could get a ring to help me fight the hydra from Hercules

    i'm really hoping it's this wacky the whole way through

    submitted by /u/PersnicketyRedditor
    [link] [comments]

    Just defeated the Bell Gargoyle's, just checked and I've played the game for 10-15 hours (switch doesn't give you exact hours), am I really bad at this game?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 02:40 AM PST

    I heard that ringing the two bells is basically a tutorial, so taking maybe 20 hours to complete a tutorial, that sounds like I am worse than most players, I would guess like 70% of that time was to kill the Taurus Demon and the other 30 for everything between that and the gargoyle's. I just wanna know if this is normal or a really slow pace, thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Lucker_Kid
    [link] [comments]

    Who is Sen why does he/she have a fortress with annoying traps and snake people?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 08:32 PM PST

    I searched the wiki and there's, like, no lore on who this Sen peson is

    submitted by /u/SuperAlloyBerserker
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat the game: My boss ranking

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 05:21 PM PST

    Loved the game 10/10, not quite as good as 3 imo, but much better than 2. Maybe it's because it's my 3rd souls game (4th including Bloodborne), but this felt pretty easy. No boss really killed me more than 5 times, but I'll get to that. Here's my short ranking

    S TIER

    Artotias: fucking awesome. Great life and a really tough fight.

    O&S: Hype held up. Very fun and challenging. Can't wait to see Ornstein's second phase on my next playthrough.

    Manus: definitely the hardest in the game. Felt great to beat.

    A TIER

    Sif: sword dog. dog with the sword. Sad.

    Kalameet: cool dragon, great cutscene. Also pretty tough

    Gwyn: plin plon. Nice to have Solaire help

    Priscilla: neat how you could just walk past her. Invisibility thing where you could see her footsteps was pretty clever.

    B TIER

    Nito: he was neato

    Quelagg: boobie spider. that's all.

    Four Kings: Fun. Good challenge too. Liked the arena

    Bell Gargoyle: first REAL boss imo. Very surprising to see the second one for the first time.

    Iron Golem: he can dunk

    Gaping Dragon: best looking boss imo. Really cool.

    C TIER

    Gwendolyn: Just wait for arrows and run. Disappointed in femboy mage.

    Asylum Demon: Pretty big shock at first. Felt nice to kick its ass after getting your gear.

    Taurus Demon: pretty basic. Nothing to say.

    Sanctuary Guardian: probably should be higher, but I came very late game and destroyed it in 15~ seconds.

    Ceaseless Discharge: no idea what it even is. Not a very fun fight either.

    D TIER

    Firesage demon: Asylum demon but on fire. Boring.

    Capra Demon: hate the arena. Fight itself dull.

    Moonlight Butterfly: slow.

    Centipede Demon: arena trouble as well, but at least it's kinda interesting in the way it's bad.

    F TIER

    Stray Demon: firesage demon but not on fire

    Bed of Chaos: fuck that bug

    SSSSSSS+ TIER

    Pinwheel: he has masks and pins. All I could ask for.

    submitted by /u/Calcium-kun
    [link] [comments]

    I cheesed the Anor Londo Silver Knight archers and I don't feel bad at all

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 02:02 AM PST

    I died way too many times during my first playthrough to those bastards until I just got gud and managed to roll dodge the arrows to get close and parry them off the building. It actually felt good to finally get past them the first time.

    Then playing through NG+ I thought it would be a bummer to have to go through that again. So I tried something I wish I'd tried the first time: Poison Arrows. Black Bow + Hawk Ring + Poison Arrows did the trick for me and all I needed was to hit them twice to proc it while staying out of their range.

    Of course, I wouldn't have gotten the Hawk Ring yet in NG so I don't know if the arrows would have reached the first time anyway, but I hope this helps anyone trying to get past those assholes.

    So yeah, I just waited for them to eat shit and for once, being cheap about dealing with Dark Souls doesn't make me feel bad whatsoever.

    submitted by /u/HunkMuffinJr
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Zweihander any good?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 10:45 PM PST

    Got a question

    submitted by /u/Lore_Destiny
    [link] [comments]

    I am UPSET

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 02:43 AM PST

    I just killed taurus demon on my first ever playthrough and went on to that bridge with the dragon, and spent like 20 minutes trying to run past the flames, then i went underneath and spent even longer being spam killed by that godawful armored pig thingy. i hate this game but i cannot stop playing.

    WHY?!

    EHY IS IT SO DAMN ADDICTING?!

    submitted by /u/jaccisthocc
    [link] [comments]

    OMG, I finally beat my first Souls game tonight!

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 05:22 PM PST

    I beat Remastered tonight on Switch and am so excited to have finally beaten a game in the series. I first dipped my toe into the series with Demon's Souls back on PS3. I was digging what the game was doing but it kept kicking my ass and since the same day I bought it I also bought 2 other games it got left behind. Fast forward some years and I get a PS4 and my first purchase for it is Bloodborne. Love it to death but with being older and having less free time it became harder to sit down and play a good lengthy session all the time.

    What finally did it this time is really just the fact that Remastered is available on Switch. Having it in a handheld just made it easier to do small pick up and play sessions when I could. It also meant I didn't have to leave the wife alone to go down to the game room to play. Can't wait to try and take advantage of remote play to get back into Bloodborne and then Dark Souls II and III now that I am really excited to dive deeper.

    submitted by /u/TheKonamiMan
    [link] [comments]

    Elizabeth fanart

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 08:55 AM PST

    You don't need to hide your wonder. She is a mushroom, after all.

    https://i.imgur.com/1tbPcnm.jpeg

    Have a nice day!

    Ig: @moro.de.oliveira

    submitted by /u/miraclem
    [link] [comments]

    Who would like to go on a quest with me? Let's flood the game with vagrants!

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 03:23 AM PST

    Exactly as the tittle implies, I would like to go on a quest to flood the game with vagrants for players struggling with humanities, have some items to help on their journeys and so on. Anyone is welcome to do the same. I will be doing it on pc, but be my guest to do so on XBOX and Playstation as well.

    Please post pics when you find them, and if you're not struggling maybe leave it for the next player.

    For those who don't understand the vagrants mechanic (Link in the bottom):

    VAGRANTS (source: Dark Souls Wikidot)

    "Also known as Drift Items. Vagrants are rare monsters that appear in specific places after other players have died and lost a large amount of humanity, or have dropped certain items. They are typically created unintentionally and randomly by other players online."

    From the Online Features section of the game manual:

    "If you drop a certain item or lose a large amount of Humanity,
    those items and Humanity move to another player's world and
    form Vagrant enemies."

    Link for more info:

    http://darksouls.wikidot.com/vagrant

    submitted by /u/DoctorBoomeranger
    [link] [comments]

    I Love How The Lore In Souls Games Feels Ancient

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 03:09 AM PST

    The small glimpses of incredible heroes makes if feel like an epic poem. I don't really have much more to say other than I love the feel that it brings to the games.

    submitted by /u/YakSquad
    [link] [comments]

    Ariamel is amazing

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 03:27 AM PST

    So, ive just stumbled upon ariamel after i rerurned to the undead asylum a tad bit overleveled. ( I didn't really looked into every corner when I first conducted a search for items in the firelink shrine so I got to mama Bird with a +5 black knights halberd and some 45+ Strength) And i gotta say -damn. I've played DS3 before now playing ds1 and just spawning onto the snowy bridge gave me heavy ariandel vibes (for obvious reason) I really liked the area, even tho it was pretty short, but the overall build of it fitted very nicely. And the boss at the and caught me a bit by surprise bc I actually had to do something else than timely dodge. Overall regardless of the smallness of it I really liked the sinister feeling ds1's painted world gave me.

    submitted by /u/HowdyMidgets
    [link] [comments]

    A very good weapon for sorcery builds

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 10:51 PM PST

    I just wanted to talk about Velka's rapier. It has a B scaling in intelligence and C in dex. You only need 16 dex to use it correctly. It upgrades with twinkling and by the time you arrive in Ariamis, you have enough twinkling for plus3. It's a rapier so it uses low stamina, and it is light. It also has occult damage. It's a weapo I never see it in any builds. Give it a try if you ever make an int build@

    submitted by /u/AwscarOfAwstora
    [link] [comments]

    I saw this at Longwood Gardens and it reminded me Havel's tower

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 12:21 PM PST

    I FINALLY BEAT ORNSTEIN AND SMOUGH!!

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 12:49 PM PST

    First time player here. After days of trying, I finally beat O+S. And even though they're extremely tough, I managed to do it. And I gotta say, Anor Londo is probably one of my favorite areas (so far) in all of Dark Souls, and Ornstein and DEFINITELY Smough are totally my favorite boss so far in this game. It's challenging as hell, but it's so well designed and they compliment each other so much that it's just genius. Their physical designs are amazing too, their weapons are awesome, the cutscenes after Ornstein dies and Smough doesn't give a shit, or the cutscene after Smough alternatively dies first, and Ornstein gets all pissed and huge, I love it. Can't wait for more challenges around the corner! I guess, considering that probably I won't be saying that halfway through the next area.

    submitted by /u/ThomasKG25
    [link] [comments]

    Tried to make some elite knight fan art, pretty happy with the turn out

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 03:18 PM PST

    I beat Gwyn

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 03:50 AM PST

    Earlier i made a post how i after years found the courage to try Dark Souls and fell in love. I have now beaten Gwyn but i know only by reading other posts here that ive missed alot of secret areas so i will continie playing. I got Dark Souls 2, 3 and Bloodborne for a really good price now. Does it mather in wich order ill play them? Have a nice week

    submitted by /u/Swock85
    [link] [comments]

    Soulsborne Pressure

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 08:18 PM PST

    Does anyone else feel pressure to love and be good at all Soulsborne games?

    I've beaten all of the souls games (including Sekiro, but no PS4 so no Bloodborne), most of them multiple times. Recently I've been replaying original Demon's Souls because it feels like the whole community is gushing over the remake (and I have no PS5 but the gameplay is identical) but... it's just not that fun for me. It feels like a chore. So after rage quitting for like the third time, I made a new character in Dark Souls.

    It's so. fucking. good.

    This was my 9th/10th playthrough, maybe? Still just as amazing as ever. Honestly I still want to gush about how amazing and fun this game is.

    For some reason I feel this stupid pressure to love all soulsbornes equally, like I can't start my 11th playthrough of DS1 because I've only beaten DS3 three times. But after linking the first flame once again, I can firmly say fuck that. Dark Souls is the king. The others are fine, maybe I'll go back to play them once in a while. But I'm writing this post almost as reminder to myself: just play Dark Souls if you feel that soulsborne itch. You'll thank yourself later.

    And if a pyromancer named Burnin' Love helped you out with a boss in the past few days, I want to thank you. I didn't need the souls, I just wanted to share my love of the game with some randos online.

    submitted by /u/larikang
    [link] [comments]

    I saw a comment saying 'divine demons great hammer has 800+ base damage'

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 01:27 AM PST

    So as I title says, I was going through some threads on good weapons to use

    And the title said how the demons great hammer is useless compared to the great club

    But then 1 comment said something of the lines of "psst. Divine demon's great hammer 800+ damage"

    A few comments were saying "holy shit" and the likes

    But I checked out the fextralife wiki and this doesn't seem to be the case ?

    Am I missing something? Or is the commenter lying and there's just some people who commented and never verified what he said ?

    submitted by /u/-Bellsprout
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment