• Breaking News

    Monday, November 30, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 10:12 PM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!

    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Monday feels

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 06:22 AM PST

    https://postimg.cc/gLXNT5WW

    I'm drawing a blank. It's like I'm being... boxed in

    I know this is silly, I'm sorry. XD

    submitted by /u/KrisErra
    [link] [comments]

    How is it possible for me to dodge the attack of enemies and still take damage?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 05:21 AM PST

    Why can enemies hit me

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 01:35 PM PST

    I know it's a Dark Souls game, but I got hit by an enemy and it was bullshit.

    I saw the sword swing so I rolled to where the sword was swinging and when i stood up I was right in the swords path and I took damage.

    How come pressing b doesn't make me an invincible god in this game?

    This is proof that the game is trash and the b team ruined dark souls by adding elements of skill to dodging.

    I hate having to apply myself. Miyazaki would never do this to me. Broken game. 1/10 don't play, enemies are allowed to hit you, trash design.

    submitted by /u/pointme2theladies
    [link] [comments]

    Hey, Dark Souls 2 noob here

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 12:41 PM PST

    Today is my first ever time playing DS2. DS3 was the first Dark Souls I'd ever played so it took me a couple hours to get used to how this game plays compared to that one. Playing it on the PS3 doesnt help since i dont have the Scholor of the First Sin. But i cant even begin to explain how good it felt to beat the Pursuer the first time you encounter him instead of in his boss room. At first i was freaking out i only had 2 estus and 8 life gems with a weapon that only did 70 damage per hit but got it felt good. I struggled more with the dragonride surprisingly (Only because i still didnt have the roll timings down so i would get hit during the roll) but man am i loving this game so far. Honestly kinda like this a little better than ds3 since the enemies arent all on crack and attack at the speed of sound

    submitted by /u/OReillysAutoParts
    [link] [comments]

    Sunset Staff Lore?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 04:20 AM PST

    While playing the other day I noticed the Sunset Staff looks a lot like a solar system gyroscope display and put two and two together that that was probably the idea.

    Does anyone know if there's any lore anywhere on the Sunset Staff and what the gyroscope represents?

    submitted by /u/steelisntstrong
    [link] [comments]

    I wrote a dark souls 2 paper for school

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 08:10 AM PST

    like the title said I wrote a dark souls 2 paper for school. the project was to write a paper off of two pictures, and the pictures could be anything I wanted. I chose two scenes from the thrown of want/drangliec castle. I did do another one from dark souls 1 which some of you may be interested in, so here is the ds1 paper and here is the ds2 one. I don't expect many if any people to want to read a random highschooler's paper, but I was proud of it and had a lot of fun writing it

    submitted by /u/grumpiestmeat
    [link] [comments]

    Reaching the Maximum Level of 838 in Things Betwixt

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 07:41 AM PST

    Hello everyone, I few weeks ago I released a video going over reaching the maximum level of Dark Souls 1 in the Undead Burg. The video was a success (by my standards at least) and so I began work on a similar video for Dark Souls II. This video turned out to be more complex and involved than the original video, so it was a bit longer. I hope you enjoy!

    Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evxOV6bSEho

    Original Reddit Post: https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/jr7jdy/reaching_the_maximum_level_of_713_in_the_undead/

    submitted by /u/FenoTheFox
    [link] [comments]

    A question for all those nice people whome get summoned to help me fight a boss: Do you judge me when I suck?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 10:41 AM PST

    I always feel anxious when I summon an other player, I usually prefer NPCs if they exist because you can't disappoint an NPC!!
    I love Dark Souls, but it took me more than a year to finish the first game because, well, you can't say that I'm an extremely experienced gamer! But by the end I dare say I wasn't so awful!
    Right know I'm in the middle of my first DS2 playthrough and I really enjoy it!
    So, the other night I was at the Iron Keep, fighting my way through all these F*ing Knights to get to the boss, and I did get to him three or four times and couldn't beat him. So I summoned a cute sorcerer, she died, then I died. After that I summoned a huge guy but I died. I summoned him again, I died again. The third time we managed and killed mr Smelter and my only thought was how embarrassed I was because someone out there new how bad I was!

    submitted by /u/MalloryLovedYouOnce
    [link] [comments]

    Btw, you can cut he rottens arm off

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 11:55 AM PST

    He grows it back though

    submitted by /u/Weevil_weasel
    [link] [comments]

    Hey ho

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 11:51 AM PST

    just a friendly reminder to whoever designed black gulch, kys

    submitted by /u/Yeetman2377
    [link] [comments]

    Nifty little real life item for farming/grinding

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 05:29 AM PST

    I've bought this item for counting certain horribly grindy items (Lookin at chu ring of thorns).

    Very cool and if you shut down pc or lose your phone it doesn't reset (obviously) hehehe.

    What methods do you guys use for counting farms/grinds? Good ole paper? A phone?

    submitted by /u/Slav_knight
    [link] [comments]

    I finally did it after 107 hours I 100% the game

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 10:24 AM PST

    Ive spent so long on this game my sanity is almost gone but I did it

    submitted by /u/sniperjuf
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 Platinum Trophy

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 09:59 AM PST

    I finally got my platinum trophy today, it only took 95hrs! I got most of the trophies without focusing on them or spending 5-10min getting them. The trophies that took me the longest were getting all the spells, getting Benhart's sword and getting Lucatiel of Mirrah's gear. for anyone attempting to get all the trophies I recommend you go through your playthrough playing as normal but make sure that you save all boss souls that can be given to Straid for spells, also make sure to summon Lucatiel and Benhart at every boss that they are available at and make sure they don't die, also make sure that you talk to them in all of their locations that they show up. For the spell trophies I recommend that you get all the spells in NG then get to NG++ for Great Chaos Fireball, Bountiful Sunlight and Wrath Of The Gods.

    submitted by /u/matthewreiter04
    [link] [comments]

    Drangelic castle statue room help

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 08:07 AM PST

    Hey, I'm in the statue room and I've fought a couple of them along with the two ruin sentinels. But the other statues and doors won't open or react. I've walked in and out of rooms, hit every statue en what not. Nothing is happening. Please help!

    submitted by /u/Jorym99
    [link] [comments]

    Any quality weapon suggestions? PVE

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 07:52 AM PST

    90% of my playtime I 2handed the longsword. I wanna switch things up.

    submitted by /u/Sting380
    [link] [comments]

    Getting some in the Gutter

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 06:20 AM PST

    5 men enter, 2 men leave. A great 3 v 2 in the Gutter. Tons of fun running a supporting role here, lol. Anybody else getting these kind of encounters on Xbox or any other system? https://youtu.be/DgPVnKggI1Y

    submitted by /u/mikewill0811
    [link] [comments]

    Theory

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 08:34 AM PST

    What if the Licia we meet isn't really Licia? What if she's someone who killed the real Licia and then took on her identity to scam people? People usually assume the monestary charm at the bottom of the staurs was dropped by her when she arrived, but it's found on a corpse. Could that corpse be what's left of the real Licia? And what about her invasions? If she's really a priest, why doesn't she use her miracles when she invades? Why only when we invade her? I'm really starting to think Licia isn't really Licia.

    submitted by /u/masterninja3402
    [link] [comments]

    Finally Finished Dark Souls 2 SOTFS 100%! I did it with 100+ Hours steam time, NG+, multiple weapons, overfarmed soapstone bosses till lvl 200, maxed out a ton of random armors just for looks. Is that a thing people do? I wanna start Dark 1 and 3 and ask if those actions are ok there?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 02:21 AM PST

    So I finally completed the game, clocking the total run time of almost 100+ Hours!
    Yeah I'm an explorer and farmer! I love roaming around, helping people out with soapstones, I don't look at walkthroughs for a long time to get the exploration satisfaction when I found secrets

    So here's a thing I'm questioning veterans of the game, is what I did kinda not a thing that should be done when I start Dark Souls 1 and 3?

    Multiple Weapons in slots

    Is using multiple weapons on my slots a viable strat? It's because during earthen peak where it's super tight, most weapon swings are like swung like an insane person hitting the floor and wall sides so I have a spear ready alongside my shield, where I also have a crossbow ready on my slots just in case enemies start shooting me. So is that a viable strat? Or is it better to save the weight for better dodging, it's because, dodging isn't a get out of death card for me, once enemies surround you and your weapon attack is either keeps hitting the sides or only attacks front, you're basically dead.

    Random Armor Fashoin Souls Maxing

    Also, I loved some armors despite really bad stats, I loved the throne watcher I think, the one with the fur neck armor, I loved the barbarian armor thing from the blood covenant and also maxed out even the cat boots the cat gives you because it's so fun and stupid looking I wanted to use it. I didn't search what was the best armor, and just played it with what I think was cool, is this also a thing that should not be done in future souls games? Or stats barely really affect the defense and it's only viable when min maxing?

    Overleveling and Quality Builds

    I didn't know anything about soul level when I played the game, is it normal to over farm till enemies stop spawning in tons of places? Because after a while I just started putting my soap stone in the boss areas while fixing item boxes and get tons of summons, and thus tons of boss souls level of exp. Is overleveling have a bad side or just make me play with also higher level people? I did a random super quality build with lots of vit so I can dodge really far despite weapon heavy armor while weapon any dex or str when I want.

    NPCs and Side Quests

    So for this one, should I start with just reading walkthroughs and endings about NPC areas and locations before starting so I don't miss NPCs, but that would spoil the hell out of the area and exploration. Something I don't know if I hate or like is the NPC ideas of them just being in random areas whereever they want, I don't know where they'll appear next, what part of the area, I would have loved some sort of journal or they saying where they'll go next, next thing I know they need to be talked to to advance their sidequest and they need to be talked to before you kill the boss in the area. I'm actually really surprised I got all except for Benhart, and he's the one I was looking forward to for his sword lol, I don't wanna kill NPCs for loot, just didn't feel like doing a genocide route out of nowhere. I almost got the prisoner out with the lever because i thought the messages were trolls till I found out the messages are from the game NPCs and not from people. I didn't know who to side with Pate and Creyton and when I read who to side to they both betray you making the choice pointless.

    Optional Bosses and Spoiler Walkthroughs

    I didn't read anything about how to do specific endings and only read there's a DLC ending, I wanted to do the ending, but I killed the final boss before Vendrick and that felt really bad. Stuff like this I don't really know whether to like it or not. How would I know I had to kill Vendrick or not be able to leave after the final boss, or even know where to go next, I had to look for tons of guides when I started getting really lost. I don't know whether that's game design or just me. Did people actually complete this game without guides? I had to go NG+ just so I can do everything again for the ending, but it was fun because this is what NG+ should be, actual changes in enemy placements and items and not just boring increase in enemy stats like other NG+ in other games do.

    So there it is! I got to get my first complete Dark Souls game! I started with 2 because I read in the release dates Dark Souls 2 is 2014, Dark Souls 3 is 2016 while Dark Souls 1 remastered is 2018. I'm still waiting for Bloodborne PC or Demon Souls PC if that ever gets out, I don't feel like buying an entire console for less than 5 games. Also, is Surge 2 good enough or just go with Code Vein, Nioh or Sekiro instead? I like those other 3 game due to their aethetic, Surge I don't feel anything for robotic cyborgs holding robot parts, but if it plays good why not.

    So are those strats and mentality viable or should I change some of them before i start with the other souls games?

    submitted by /u/mrsafetylion
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Santier's Spear good?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 08:58 AM PST

    My friend told me that it would fit my build perfectly and sent me a video of it. Ok, the moveset is incredible, and that would be a beast with Stone + RoB + Flynn.

    Is the damage good? Wikidot says it has no scaling and slash only, but I'm almost convinced I should go for it.

    submitted by /u/gu_gu_da_da
    [link] [comments]

    Best Magic Build Shield

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 12:19 PM PST

    I've been running a sorcery build recently and I'm wondering which shield would be best for it. Anyone have suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Nameless_Nate
    [link] [comments]

    What should i go for after the Drangleic armor?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 08:26 AM PST

    My character is a level 86 knight focused on health, stamina, vigor and agility. I've killed Maughlin for his robe earlier, and i got told his ghost's inventory won't update after spending 15k souls. Are there any better alternatives?

    submitted by /u/everyonegay
    [link] [comments]

    My save file is gone!!!

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 11:37 AM PST

    I played DS2 last night, and exited like normal. Now, today, when I load it up, I have to "accept" the terms of service, and there's no "continue" option. My save file says that it was altered at 2:31 PM today, the time I opened it. I backed up my save kinda recently, but it was before I beat the last boss I beat. WTF happened!!!???

    submitted by /u/InsertEdgyNameHere
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment