• Breaking News

    Monday, November 16, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 10:10 PM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    TIL that Transient Curses always come in pairs because it is both arms of the corpse.

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 02:46 PM PST

    Mind blown.

    submitted by /u/darkoVII
    [link] [comments]

    Killed Manus today!

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 05:23 PM PST

    Nearing the end of my first ever playthrough of a souls game, DS1 Remastered on XB1. Beat Manus today solo after multiple attempts. Was also in full Artorias gear which felt extra good.

    Couldn't get the timing of the silver pendant down at all so learned to dodge and block his magic instead, and it worked perfectly.

    Headed right to Kalameet on a high, got him down to 1/3rd health first try. Best I've ever done on him.

    I think I can do this lads.

    submitted by /u/Clinteriffic
    [link] [comments]

    Gwyn

    Posted: 16 Nov 2020 03:33 AM PST

    I did it. I beat Gwyn. After a whole month. After countless tries, deleting the game reinstalling and making a new character, I went back to my old save and beat him. No parries, no Solaire, just dodge and my true mentor the Zweihander. I just wanted to make this post to thank all of you guys who commented on my previous Manus, Ons and Artorias posts. I linked the flame because thats what Solaire would do. This is by far the hardest boss for me and I'm starting NG+ tomorrow. I need to celebrate this. Thanks once again brothers and don't you dare go hollow!/r/

    submitted by /u/Ichigo_Kurosaki1503
    [link] [comments]

    What does try happiness mean?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 09:24 PM PST

    New to the game, I see a lot of soapstone messages that other people have left, like "try happiness" or "try comfort". What do these mean?

    submitted by /u/jaund1ce
    [link] [comments]

    My first win

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 08:27 PM PST

    So I just finished my first run ever in DS Remastered,and I must say,I cried. I never in my life have been more determined by something,and reaching Gwyn's chamber,hearing the music while struggling to not get yeeted like a ragdoll,and finally beating him,made me cried. Finding Solaire throughout Lodran,Siegmeyer, beating Artorias,all of this made me incredibly happy. I thank everyone for this beautiful game, and please, don't forget to praise the sun

    submitted by /u/WailerOfEssex
    [link] [comments]

    Honestly, From Software could keep reworking the entire Souls series with every new-gen console and they’d sell the same number of copies every time

    Posted: 16 Nov 2020 03:12 AM PST

    The Demon's Souls remake has convinced me of this. We love these games, and the only reason for any tapering-off is ageing graphics and maybe the resulting decline in community activity.

    The games will never be bettered. The only room for improvement is on the games themselves. A cycle of remaster-remake-remaster, with one title getting reworked per year (or two), maybe weave in some lore-enriching DLC now and then (and please don't get greedy with microtransactions) and we'll keep buying forever.

    submitted by /u/FangPolygon
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to get a new game.

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 06:24 PM PST

    I'm a casual gamer who usually shies away from a challenge but i wanna try something new and dark souls 1-3 are on sale so I thought i might get one, i was mainly looking at the third one because i would prefer a more polished game with better graphics but i don't mind that much, i want a better PvE experience. So i was looking for some pros and cons to the games, and should i get 3 as my first one? (Should also add, I'm looking for a more gameplay centred experience but which has the better story?)

    Also: which would be better to get if I'm playing on the original xbox one?

    submitted by /u/_Pickledfetus
    [link] [comments]

    Advice wanted! Could someone please recommend a good STR / Tank / PoiseBoi build for someone who has never done a pure PvE NG run this way before?

    Posted: 16 Nov 2020 01:36 AM PST

    I'm very comfortable with the game (10+ NG runs, couple up to NG2, platinum trophy) but one thing I've never done is a pure STR/Tank/PoiseBoi run. I'm interested to see what people's view is on a fun build, how to start the game then what changes to make during.

    P.s. I need to say how amazing this community is. Been a Reddit skeleton for 6 months or so and the help and support you give eachother is one of the most wholesome and outright awesome things on the internet.

    submitted by /u/KnackeredParrot
    [link] [comments]

    Mods are asleep, upvote great brown dog sif

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 06:10 AM PST

    Reaching the Max Level in the Undead Asylum Follow-Up

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 02:53 PM PST

    Hello everyone. About a few days ago I released a video and created a post here discussing what it would entail if you were to grind to the max level of Dark Souls, 713, without leaving the Undead Asylum. It was well received, especially by my standards, and I thank everyone who watched and left their thoughts. If you haven't seen that video, you can find it and the accompanying reddit post below.

    Some people had some questions or further suggestions regarding the challenge, which I explored in a new Follow-up video. It's highly recommended to watch the original before watching the follow-up as I provide further insight and corrections that build off the original in the new one. I look forward to seeing the response! Following the release of the new video, I'm going to start work on a similar video for Dark Souls II, which I've already begun production on. Hope you'll join me there, too. Thank you!

    Follow-Up: https://youtu.be/Za0h81OYFjA

    Original Video:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/jr7jdy/reaching_the_maximum_level_of_713_in_the_undead/

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haYitT-0upI

    submitted by /u/FenoTheFox
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for help with the Capra Demon :( PS4

    Posted: 16 Nov 2020 04:05 AM PST

    Dudes been kicking my butt.

    submitted by /u/filmorebuttz
    [link] [comments]

    Imagine a Dark Souls Remaster in tune with Demons Souls Remaster

    Posted: 16 Nov 2020 03:15 AM PST

    The graphic overhaul and proper PvP without lag .. damn, im even scared wishing for this :o

    submitted by /u/Scandibrovians
    [link] [comments]

    So... about something on the dark souls wiki

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 06:29 PM PST

    I read something on the dark souls wiki that confused me greatly, in the "notes about this class" section for the Thief it says that the Master Key is "detrimental" for new players as they can easily get lost or stumble upon a high level area, I personally do not agree with this in the slightest, some of my fondest memories of my first playthrough were stumbling across those areas I wasn't strong enough for because it gave me something extra to work toward, getting my ass kicked for the first time in the Valley of drakes just made me want to gear up and go there even more, so in my honest opinion if you are a new player, go for it! Dont be discouraged by the thought of stumbling across something you shouldn't have because you might have the same fond memories as I do all these years on.

    Best of luck on your quest!

    submitted by /u/Atheria02
    [link] [comments]

    Did I fuck up

    Posted: 16 Nov 2020 02:44 AM PST

    First playthrough of DSR for PS4 and I think I did something bad. I have a pyromancy flame +5 but I killed Laurentius in the swamp, and Engyi is hostile because I attacked him once by accident so now I can't talk to him. Can I no longer upgrade my flame?

    submitted by /u/prematheowlet
    [link] [comments]

    I Want to Beat Dark Souls

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 10:18 PM PST

    I have played Dark Souls Remastered a few times before but I've never finished it. I think the farthest I've got was ringing both bells, so not that far. I have trouble getting into single-player games lately (most of them feel 'samey' to me) and I don't have thousands of hours to invest in competitive online stuff like I used to.

    However, Dark Souls was the last game that I really got into, and I think I'd like to beat it. I don't want to spend a lot of time in the wiki, learning secrets, alternative routes, etc. so I'd appreciate if I could outsource the help of more experienced players. Could you point me to a build I could follow that would suit my preferences?

    In my runs up to this point, I didn't really like big weapons and heavy armor that much (but I haven't given them a fair chance either). I used a Winged Spear or a Long Sword or Uchigatana (once, cause I don't like to kill that dude just for his weapon, call me old-fashioned). It felt more natural for me to roll than to parry. So I guess I would prefer a higher mobility build if there's such a thing. I also wouldn't be above a magic build (some folks call it the hidden 'easy mode') but I don't know how to go about this.

    Your help would be greatly appreciated!

    P.S. Capra Demon can die in a grease fire.

    submitted by /u/SubstantialBiscuit
    [link] [comments]

    So I’m in a bit of a predicament...

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 02:50 PM PST

    So I'm in the Depths. And I thought "cool, I took on the Capra Demon, so I can deal with anything." Turns out that apparently curse is a status condition, and weapon durability is a serious issue. So both my Drake Sword and trusty +5 longsword are as good as dead, everything else is either weak as shit or barely aimable, and I'm stuck lost in a sewer system far away from a reliable blacksmith with half my possible health and no reasonable way to recover it. I uh... Idk what to do now. Aaaaaaaaa...

    submitted by /u/Vio-Rose
    [link] [comments]

    Seath to easyl?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 03:25 PM PST

    I expected him to be really difficult, beat him first try, and didn't get touched. Just stayed near his left tentacle thing, and his crystal floor and laser attack didn't touch me.

    submitted by /u/ChaoScum
    [link] [comments]

    Darksouls has changed the way I game

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 10:39 AM PST

    This is my first play through and Darksouls has changed the way I play games forever. I love the way this world was done, the grind that is so simplistic and u forgiving ag the same time. I've already done so much and I still have not progressed the story.

    So far I've killed, The Tarus Demon, Quelog, The Capra, the Stray, Sif, Moonlight Butterfly, Ceaseless, The dragon in the depths (forget his name), The dude with the seal for the water in the ruins, Havel, Two Hydras (Ash Lake and Darkroot), the golden rock dude, and a giant rat, and Pinwheel (I think that's all the major players so far).

    I've been I to Sins Fortress but only far enough to rescue Big Hat (I'm playing a Sorcer and he said he went to firelink so I backed) and am currently lost in the Tomb of the Giants.

    I've also ground out enough souls and mats to +4 and enchanted long sword, +13 the great scythe(love this weapon) get my int to 40 and my dex to 30, and max my pyro glove.

    I'm hooked and have been playing pretty non stop my only issue is that I just wish I understood the story a little better. Is there anywhere that I can read all the Lore, or at least the main bits? I think I have the ge real idea though. Dragons = Bad(but not really?) The four kings fuxked everything up and Gwen fell hardcore so now we're all fucked. Take his place and do better. That about right?

    Spoilers are fine, I'll play regardless.

    TLDR Been doing everything but pushing the story, need more lore knowledge

    submitted by /u/Abraxas3719
    [link] [comments]

    My record on completely ds1 is 2:42:26

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 08:22 PM PST

    I ment to say complete

    submitted by /u/No-Rate-7015
    [link] [comments]

    Interesting and fun Builds

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 04:16 PM PST

    Put there the most interesting and fun build you've ever tested. I have almost 300hrs of game and wanting to try something new :D

    submitted by /u/CarlsAlencar
    [link] [comments]

    New player to the franchise here

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 11:29 PM PST

    Hey y'all! I recently picked up DS3 seeing as its apparently the second most forgiving for beginners after Bloodbourne which I cant get because I dont have a PS4. I started off as an Assassin which was probably not appropriate considering my proficiency for this game. I will be creating a new save file and choosing the Knight as recommended but before then I wanted to ask people in the community for tips and tricks you guys might wanna let a lowly noob such as myself know. Any response is a lot of much help!

    submitted by /u/LeotheBomba
    [link] [comments]

    Having trouble getting summoned

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 06:02 PM PST

    Online, see lots of ghosts running around, been invaded once when I was human, so I think things are technically working. I'm level 55 waiting at the bonfire with Solare by O&S for 30+ minutes with no summons. What's up?

    submitted by /u/Caffeinated21
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment