• Breaking News

    Friday, November 13, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 10:08 PM PST

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Random but does anyone else feel comforted by the sound of the bon fire?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 07:33 PM PST

    I love just leaving the game on in the backround while I do something or take a short break, it's quite relaxing just having it on. Same I'd say for demon souls and the rest of the ds series

    submitted by /u/sts_e1
    [link] [comments]

    If the other Miyazaki directed Dark Souls

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 10:51 PM PST

    This is original art by me.

    Took me a while to make. Enjoy!

    submitted by /u/FearForTheLastTime
    [link] [comments]

    Playing Without Invasions

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 11:44 AM PST

    Hey all

    New to the Dark Souls franchise, waited a while to get into it. I made it through Anor Londo finally. Went into human form to summon an NPC for the boss room. Got invaded by a guy who took off his weapons and trolled me by parrying and backstabbing me over and over again. I had no way of beating him so I just quit the game.

    I think PVP is a totally valid side of the game, just one I really sincerely do not enjoy. Can I turn off invasions while still being able to go human and summon NPCs?

    Edit: wow this got a lot more traction than I expected. Thank you all for the advice and answers! I may try out PVP in the future once I get my feet more settled with dark souls, but again thank you all for all the suggestions

    submitted by /u/DreadedSpoon
    [link] [comments]

    whats the comfiest bonfire

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 10:07 PM PST

    to me, the comfiest bonfire for me is the one behind the illusory wall next to the entrance to the forest of the merry men in DS1.

    It's tucked away in a dark, safe corner where the warm light reflects off the ivy-laden stone. And if you step right outside, you can even see the moonlight butterfly perched on her tower if you haven't slaughtered her yet

    submitted by /u/BullshitUsername
    [link] [comments]

    Fucking finally! Death to the Capra Demon! May your stain upon this game forever be forgotten!

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 11:20 AM PST

    That was bullshit. For months, I barely had the motivation to pick this game up knowing the Capra Demon existed. Knowing every moment of playing the game would be creeping towards its room and getting immediately curbstomped. But no more! Your control over my life is irrelevant! I am god! Finally, I can enjoy this fucking game again! Woohoo!

    I mean, I technically could have skipped this asshole whenever I wanted, but like... I want all the bosses dead. Or at least encountered.

    submitted by /u/Vio-Rose
    [link] [comments]

    Ornstein and smough any weapons i could use to beat them

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 09:26 PM PST

    So i just got to ornstein and smough i thought it would be easy but i died instantly

    So i need some good weapons i could use to defeat them i tried drake sword plus 2 it does the most damage out of all my weapons also what are their weaknesses so i can take advantage of those

    Thx in advance

    submitted by /u/average-__-redditor
    [link] [comments]

    Sen’s update

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 05:54 PM PST

    I made it to the roof, I killed the Boulder giant and the heavy mace knight. I figured out the siege golem throwing giant fire bombs is more like another obstacle than an enemy. I tried to make the 90 degree right turn running past his fire bombs but fell into the courtyard and had to kill a Baldur knight. At this point I ran out of estus and had to homeward bone but had collected enough souls for another level. Inch by inch, step by step.

    submitted by /u/AtuinTurtle
    [link] [comments]

    Need souls(PS4)

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 03:25 AM PST

    Can someone trade some souls?(usable) I'd really appreciate it!

    submitted by /u/dan1dor0
    [link] [comments]

    Help please

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 02:42 AM PST

    Ok i downloaded acension mod for Dark souls Remastered and i enjoy it so far but the game is too fast for me (i suck at dodging lol) is it possible to lower the speed of the game ?

    submitted by /u/TheGreatBonfire
    [link] [comments]

    Uh, Quick Question...

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 07:43 AM PST

    (spoilered, because there are still some people who don't know the story yet)

    So, of the bearers of the lord souls...

    Gwyn was an abusive father who may or may not have violated the natural order of the world and caused everything to go to hell...

    Izalith was apparently decent, but ended up getting a LOT of people killed, including possibly Solaire...

    Seath was dragon-Mengele...

    The Four Kings doomed their own kingdom through their hunger for power...

    Nito is essentially a humorless version of Xykon...

    And the Furtive Pygmy may or may not be Manus.

    So my question is...How were the dragons the bad guys, again?

    submitted by /u/JuniperSky2
    [link] [comments]

    The Great Scythe is a more interesting weapon than I expected

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 10:40 AM PST

    I just got it for the dex scaling and everyone saying how good it was. I thought okay, straightforward op weapon let's have some fun. But this moveset is really intriguing to me.

    Pretty much every move here is incredible... except the basic attack. Or at least, I don't like it at all. This makes me play in a unique playstyle where I'm always either advancing or retreating, I cannot just stand my enemies down and whack away like with my strength build. I'm either doing my heavy/running attack, or dodging around trying to connect my quick dodge attack.

    This is oddly fun, I haven't played like this before. Are all the halberds like this? I haven't tried the class much.

    submitted by /u/tenamonth
    [link] [comments]

    Moonlight greatsword (ps4)

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 01:18 AM PST

    Hey would someone be able to drop me the moonlight greatsword for the knights honor achievement? I'll give it straight back and happy to trade something in return. Dont have many souls but have plenty of weapons and armour 😀

    submitted by /u/velkaar
    [link] [comments]

    What are sins; crossbreed Priscilla

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 08:36 PM PST

    What is a sin? I was thinking about killing Crossbreed Priscilla but then I heard someone say it counts as a sin in a video and now I'm skeptical. Can someone let me know what it is and if I should kill her or not? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/GhostlyBastards99
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone beat Nito with skeletons still alive.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 05:22 AM PST

    I tried a few times and would of tried more if the run to his boss room wasn't so long. On first play through and Just wondering if people leave them alive ever or always wack them with a divine weapon so they don't get back up. I'm a light armour dodgy character so can't take make many hits and they just stun locked me till I get wasted.

    submitted by /u/ChaoScum
    [link] [comments]

    do u guys like my meme

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 11:24 PM PST

    "easy boss" that gives you issues.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 12:43 PM PST

    Does anyone have one specific "easy" boss that they have a hard time with? come on its souls truth posting hour.

    submitted by /u/Synstora
    [link] [comments]

    [Possible spoiler] My Level 1 quest

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 11:16 PM PST

    Well, quite a long time ago I wanted to challenge myself. An entire play thru where my character level is, and will always be, 1. That's right, create a character, pick a class, and live with it like dry scalp. As of Nov. 11 2020, I have made my playthrough all the way to Anor Londo. Not at all looking forward to the bros..../: Anyway, all I have so far is screenshots, that I can't post here, or share a link....maybe I'll end up restarting the game and streaming it. Anyway, wanted to share this info.

    submitted by /u/Kiggzpawn
    [link] [comments]

    Help with vid

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 05:11 PM PST

    Over the past couple months or so I've been playing through the souls series and been collecting footage for my YouTube channel. I've been creating top 10 vids. I've finally collected all the footage I need for a top 10 hardest boss fights in the souls series and top 10 best fights in the souls series, should I include bosses from sekiro and bosses from bloodbornes chalice dungeons into the videos?

    submitted by /u/TheReal-A-The-First
    [link] [comments]

    Fuck my life, the second bell gargoyle is stuck on the roof

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 09:10 AM PST

    I summoned solaire and some random phantom because I was stuck on bell gargoyles and the second one got stuck on the roof. I think it's because we killed his partner before he could complete his jumping down animation. After me and the other phantom expended all the ammo for bows and crossbows we had, we got him down to a sliver of health, but he's still stuck and we didn't have any more ammo. I'll probably just suicide but the fact that I have to do this in a REMASTER that they sold for $40 is quite frustrating.

    TLDR: second bell gargoyle is stuck on the roof and I have to suicide and start the fight over after failing to kill this boss a dozen times. Fuck my life.

    submitted by /u/Pallus-the-Pallid
    [link] [comments]

    Divine weapons?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 10:57 AM PST

    I'm trying to fight big man Nino. He spawns a bunch of skeletons and stuff that are really annoying. I heard something about divine weapons that will keep them dead forever. Where do I find a divine weapon?

    submitted by /u/EskilPotet
    [link] [comments]

    Need Help Installing Mod

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 08:17 PM PST

    Sorry for posting this here but I'm having an issue and can't find any other active communities that could help with this or any helpful youtube videos. So I'm trying to download a graphics mod for DSR

    Here: https://www.nexusmods.com/darksoulsremastered/mods/7

    I unzipped it and put it in the steam folder for DARK SOULS REMASTERED but it's not working. Is there a different folder I'm supposed to be putting this in? Thank you for your help.

    submitted by /u/Polaris11568
    [link] [comments]

    I finished the game!

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 04:11 PM PST

    Much harder than Dark Souls 3 as far as level challenges, but none of the main game bosses gave me to many issues. (DLC is another story) Didn't enjoy it as much as I do DS3, but still an amazing game.

    submitted by /u/deletedvoid12
    [link] [comments]

    How does the boss AI decide what to do?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 07:51 PM PST

    I have a really hard time with the simplest of bosses in this game because I have no idea what to do. But I think it's just a question of knowledge.

    Another question I have is, are you intended to react or do you have to know in advance to be able to dodge something? If the answer is it depends, what's a good way to figure out what is reactable or not?

    How am I supposed to tell what is going to hit me? The boss animations seem kind of big but yet sometimes I will be like "wait, how did that not hit me? I was right next to it" and other times it's like "well if I did the other thing I would have got hit anyway..."

    but back to the AI, my guess is they randomly swap through things based on situation, is that right? Can you manipulate them for this specifically by staying at "good ranges".

    Finally, what's a good troubleshooting process for fighting bosses?

    I'm playing through Dark Souls remastered right now and I have some sekiro experience. I can parry most of the basic enemies and get around them but bosses are just big meatballs that are difficult to control the camera and actually see what's going on around, in my experience so far.

    So I try to learn something from a fight and it's just like oh, I guess what I thought about that move was wrong, but that happens so often I think there must be big things I'm lacking in terms of understanding how to fight bosses.

    submitted by /u/gildedpotus
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment