• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 4, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 10:09 PM PST

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on Velstadt solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls2/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Drangliac horsey

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 03:20 AM PST

    So anyone wanna explain to me why king vendrick has a undead horse in his castle

    submitted by /u/Chibiseto8
    [link] [comments]

    DarkLurker

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 02:28 PM PST

    Hey any advice on this one? I'm running a hex build but i can move some stats around.

    submitted by /u/austinvietor7
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 is my first ever Souls-like game

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 03:12 AM PST

    Hey all ^

    Yep, out of every game in the series, DS2 is my first ever game I played. In the past, I tended to avoid it because I thought it was too difficult to play, too hard, but then, since a couple of friends wanted to buy it, I joined them too. Needless to say... I loved it. Yeah, it was difficult, but not as much as the public would very often say about it. I enjoyed every second, I finished it one time, I finished the first NG+, now I'm focusing on finishing the DLCs before starting the new NG+ run. Some of my friends say that it's the worst of the series, but I find it a masterpiece, to be honest. I have currently three different characters active, one of them being my main, another one to be played with my friends and the last one in case I want to try something particular.

    I even bought DS3, but because of my crappy PC, I can't play it (not enough FPS to even play it in SP).

    This subreddit actually helped me quite a few times already, so thank you ^

    submitted by /u/francesco8575
    [link] [comments]

    Purple walls on xbox one x at Dragon Aerie

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 01:29 PM PST

    Hello everyone, I'm currently on a playthrough with my xbox one x. My last one was on the old xbox one from 2013 and I thought it wouldn't hurt to give it another shot. Well, as I arrived at the caves of Dragon Aerie I encountered those weird purple shimmering effects on the walls and it kinda botheres me. Is this a bug for playing on xbox one x or is this normal in this area?

    submitted by /u/Koermit
    [link] [comments]

    20k souls at SL40: is this the price of helping people?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 08:09 AM PST

    The Lost Bastille, behind two illusory walls, a Pursuer spawns. He's not happy: his cursed sword slashed at my sorry, 12 ADP'd flesh, as I carefully timed my rolls to evade his wrath.

    After the bloodbath, an item reveals itself to me in a platform ahead. "Item ahead", I reflected, proud of myself for thinking in OSL (Orange Soapstone Language). I made the jump, grabbing a few torches and a soul of some soldier.

    But alas, as Dark Souls is no bed of roses, I knew I was fucked. Jumping back seemed dangerous, and the fall (from the height I found myself up on) was sure to be lethal. The only way out was forward.

    I marched on. Yes, carrying 20k souls while exploring is no wise decision, but who doesn't enjoy the adrenaline of it? The panic was over, and my predicament resolved: another item revealed itself to me. Some sort of spell parrying shield. Way worse then mine, so I didn't care.

    Heading back, I thought to leave a message, as per praxis of mine, when playing DS (those orange tiger scratches saved my ass a lot of times).

    Keep moving! - and then - treasure ahead

    Ah, yes. It is correct to help one another. I press A, my character leans down to write the gospel, but the walkway was too narrow, not enough for the animation to complete without having me fall to my miserable death and lose not only 20k souls, but also my humanity.

    I remembered Patches. Should've kicked the fucker when I had the chance.

    EDIT: The message is there and I got my souls back! Praise the Sun!

    submitted by /u/costabueno1
    [link] [comments]

    What's your favorite area in Dark Souls 2?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 06:19 AM PST

    I really liked Brightstone Cave Tseldora because spiders are cool.

    submitted by /u/EnormousOrangutan
    [link] [comments]

    Testing Ring of Thorns and Old Sun Ring

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 11:04 AM PST

    Just got a thorns +2, and wanted to try it out. I was basing my assumptions off the fextralife and wikidot information, which seeeems to be inaccurate. I also did a little testing of the old sun ring, which also doesn't seem to follow quite how the wikis say it works.

    Thorns ring:

    The +2 ring does seem to trigger more often than the +0, but both seem to trigger lower than the stated %. It seems like the +2 triggers ~30-40% of the time, whereas the +0 triggers maybe 20% of the time. The stated 200 damage per arrow also seems way off, most of my shots only did 40 or so, hitting 120 or so when all three connect, although that requires the attacker to be pretty much inside your butt. Given that my sword deals nearly its full AR to them, and that they're very early enemies, I'm assuming defense isn't a huge factor in explaining the low damage.

    Sun ring:

    The main thing that seems off about the wiki description is that it mentions a damage threshold, which doesn't seeeeem to be true. I had it trigger on the first hit (fighting unarmed hollows in things betwixt, so very low damage), but also had it not trigger for quite a few hits. It seems more likely to me that this just works like the thorns ring, with some chance to proc every time you're hit? That or the threshold is so low as to be meaningless.

    submitted by /u/Himetic
    [link] [comments]

    Amana/Crypt Dragonrider

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 07:32 AM PST

    I haven't seen any information about this, and it's always made me kind of curious. Going through Amana there's a Dragonrider on the far side of the bridge near the king's set/soul door, which I don't mess with since I obviously haven't killed Vendrick yet. Then, on the runup to Velstadt and Vendrick, there's another dragonrider which I do kill. And then whenever I go back to Amana to collect the king's stuff, the dragonrider is always gone.

    What's going on, exactly? Is there one dragonrider who moves to Crypts? Or does the Amana dragonrider vanish after Vendrick dies? Or perhaps some other trigger?

    submitted by /u/Himetic
    [link] [comments]

    Co op won’t work please help

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 12:55 PM PST

    I'm trying co op, but can't find my friends sign, not in CoC, wearing agape ring, similar soul memory, both human, not banned, I just don't know what to do

    submitted by /u/umbojug
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best enemy to farm Lifegems on?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 08:40 AM PST

    I'm trying to beat Smelter Demon, but other than Estus Flask, I have no methods of healing, making the fight a lot more difficult. Don't get me wrong, the Estus Flask is fine... it's just slow, so I'm likely to get hit while trying to heal. Anybody know what the best enemy to farm Lifegems on is? I heard that the merchant lady in Forest of Fallen Giants starts selling infinite Lifegems at some point, but I killed her a while back, so... yeah. Though, does using a Bonfire Ascetic make her respawn? Other than that, if I need to farm enemies for Lifegems it doesn't really matter since I already have a Covetous Golden Serpent Ring that I got from that guy at the start of Iron Keep. I assume most enemies in the game drop Lifegems, but I'm not really sure. Anyways, thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/PhantomStrikerZ
    [link] [comments]

    Day One DS2 Experience

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 12:19 PM PST

    I want to experience Dark Souls 2 as it was on day one (March 11, 2013). No patches to weapon rebalancing, no exploits remedied and no bugs fixed. I'm fascinated with seeing what was overpowered, underpowered and what didn't work as intended. In short I want to know how I can obtain a PC copy of DS2 (non-SOTFS) fully unpatched.

    Problems: * Steam automatically patches games to its most recent version * I don't own Xbox360 or PS3 to play physical copies

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/J1v3_Turk3y
    [link] [comments]

    Co op won’t work

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 12:14 PM PST

    I'm trying co op, but can't find my friends sign, not in CoC, wearing agape ring, similar soul memory, both human, not banned, I just don't know what to do

    submitted by /u/umbojug
    [link] [comments]

    How does summon signs work?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 11:46 AM PST

    I know you can use that summon stone thing to make a summon sign on the ground, but how exactly does it work?

    I place the sign, and then I have to wait there until a player summons me? Do I have to be human? Can I leave the area or do I have to stay there? Will I lose anything if I die when summoned?

    submitted by /u/gustavodexx
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for someone to play with casually

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 11:25 AM PST

    Ds2 or 3. I know 3 very well but I only know 2 until earthen peak. Never made it past there. I play on ps4 or pc, preferably ps4. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/FidesTheReaper
    [link] [comments]

    Soul Farming

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 11:19 AM PST

    How the itens who increases souls farm scale? Is % + %? (Ex: tseldora gloves 10% + leggings 5%, 1k of souls become 1150 ?)

    submitted by /u/titixbox
    [link] [comments]

    Just started to game idk where to go

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 11:13 AM PST

    So I played dark souls remastered a lot. I wanted to start to ds2 so I'm at Majula but have no idea where to go. There are 2 paths which there are giant things that takes so long to kill and respawns, and the alien look a like weird stomach creatures. And there isnt beyond those weird stomach things because a statue locks the door. Can anyone help me?

    submitted by /u/chatbaran
    [link] [comments]

    I’m hoping to get into dark souls challenge runs and I wanted to know what’s the easiest one to start of with in this game

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 05:22 AM PST

    The path to the smelter demon

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 04:31 AM PST

    Note: this is the blue smelter demon. Any suggestions to enter the boss fight without getting hit? The path to the fog is literally harder than the boss.

    submitted by /u/BD_76
    [link] [comments]

    What is the longest path in the game?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 01:49 AM PST

    What's the longest path in the game that you can walk through without bonfire or teleport (like going to lost bastille or DLC via its portal)

    submitted by /u/Mukiisanma
    [link] [comments]

    The DLC is harder than Oolacile

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 07:16 PM PST

    And there's three of them. I'm in the old iron king dlc... Getting my butt kicked

    submitted by /u/MetalGearMark
    [link] [comments]

    (PS4)IM OFFERING HELP TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE WITH ANYTHING! I HAVE 10 ACCOUNTS SO I CAN PLAY WITH ANYONE AT ANY SOUL MEMORY....just message me please

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 09:33 PM PST

    So yea I can play and connect with any soul memory. I just really enjoy playing this game but it's more and more difficult to find anyone these days I can help you through the whole game if need be it doesn't matter Im here to help

    submitted by /u/Travis_Skot
    [link] [comments]

    I’m done with Ivory King after encountering this 500k HP “phantom” fucker

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 12:18 PM PST

    God I'm so sick of this game. Slogging my way through this last DLC before finally fighting the final boss.

    Trying to make my way to Frigid Outskirts which I already know is the worst area in the game, to fight a fucking re-skin double boss.

    And I find this dumb fuck phantom where a backstab does 10 PERCENT OF HIS HEALTH. Oh and every time I get him to like 60%? He takes off sprinting halfway across the god damn map. This shit is so fucking dumb, who thought it was a good idea? In fact who thought half of the bullshit in this game was a good idea?

    Giants smashing through a wall and one shotting you. Gotcha traps all over the place. Half of the fucking bosses are just multibosses.

    haha I know how to make this boss fight hard LETS HAVE DARKLURKER SPLIT IN 2!! Woah great idea! How about the last boss of Sunken King? Let's make it good. Wait. Dude wait wait wait. I have a GREAT idea. This is going to blow your socks off - THREE enemies instead of two!

    So over it. How do any of you guys call this your favorite game? What area in this game is just a dazzling display of good level design? The only redeeming quality is Fume and Alonne, and funny enough the level design of those places is terrible too, just constant Oh-ho look out its FIVE ENEMIES aggro'd at once! Oh wait here's another phantom who one shot backstabs you and runs into a tower with enemies who don't stay dead and constantly fills your curse bar!

    And oh shit, how could I forget, the phantom in IK that POPS OUT OF A FUCKING BARREL AND ONE SHOT BACKSTABS YOU

    submitted by /u/pakicetus_inachus
    [link] [comments]

    Quick question.

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 11:25 PM PST

    So I have the original xbox 360 version of the game and I downloaded calobration pack 4 from the marketplace and aldia showed up when I lit the black gulch primal bonfire. Does this mean that the dlc keys are out there somewhere in the game? Or does this mean that I still need to buy the dlc bundle?

    submitted by /u/honhahoie
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment