• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 4, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 10:07 PM PST

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on O&S solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I wish I could unknow this game.

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 12:23 AM PST

    You ever had that itch where you wanna play the game again and then when you do you give up halfway bec you already played this game, but then when you set it down you wanna play it again?

    Is there a term for this? Am not a gamer at all when I played DS remastered. This and Witcher 3 gave me a whole new type of feeling.

    submitted by /u/lastfullshow
    [link] [comments]

    My girlfriend just finished painting Anor Londo!

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 06:52 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/WXIVlcf

    Around 7 multiple hour long sessions to complete. Acrylic painting on 30x30 canvas.

    She worked really hard on this, can we show her some love?

    VEREOR NOX

    EDIT: Wow! Thanks so much for all the attention. I love this sub. One could never go hollow with all this positivity!

    submitted by /u/Stinkballs_69
    [link] [comments]

    It's amazing how packed full of small details this game is.

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 04:29 AM PST

    I'm on my 6th playthrough of this game and i just noticed that if you don't go to the depths kill the spider lady and go back to fire link shrine you'll see the weird trader guy under the bridge! then if you talk to him and buy his goods he'll tell you some tips on how to take out skeletons in the catacombs.

    That's just amazing, so much minuscule detail hidden in this game honestly.

    submitted by /u/Parmagalepti
    [link] [comments]

    Just opened ds1 after finishing the 3rd and it feels like I'm moving a paralytic on a wheelchair

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 03:50 AM PST

    Is this really the dexterity of ds1's main character? I understand why it is considered the hardest... The bosses are not even able or something, they would be a joke to beat in ds3 (I'm only talking about the bosses I met untill now) but the mc is even less agile than hollows...

    submitted by /u/crismatt1
    [link] [comments]

    I beat Ornstein and Smough for the First Time

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 06:41 PM PST

    Holy fuck. I actually did it. I defeated the Dragon Slayer Ornstein and Executioner Smaugh.

    Alone. 2-on-1.

    At first, it was utter despair until slowly a path to victory emerged. By using the pillar, I could separate the two for just long enough to knock out Ornstein.

    Then came Super Smough and that frustrating as hell charge attack. But I figured out how to entangle him in a dance around a pillar, making me nearly invincible. At the end, it was just a matter of discipline to wait for the right moments to strike.

    No other video game moment has ever felt this satisfying. No boss has ever taken me several sit downs to beat. My heart rate was through the roof each time. It must have taken 20 or so tries.

    I'm going to enjoy this one for a good minute before jumping back in.

    submitted by /u/andyspiller
    [link] [comments]

    PSA

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 10:39 AM PST

    If you're anxious about tonight just remember there's no presidents in the world of dark souls. Only kings, and you get to kill them. Spend some time in Anor Londo it's good for your health.

    submitted by /u/erklekush
    [link] [comments]

    I finally summoned some jolly cooperation

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 04:04 AM PST

    I have two saves, started about a month ago after dusting off the old ps3 and finding the memory corrupted, so I started over. One is a level 150 sorcery build, another is an over leveled sl190 jack of all trades. This is about the second one.

    Put simply, I've generally given up on finding jolly cooperation in my world. Invaders are possible, and placing summon signs in blighttown at low level seems to get answered every half hour(if there are any other areas however, especially at high level, I dunno). But I haven't really managed any allied summons for myself.

    Today, to my surprise, I found a summon sign in oolacile town, with my overleveled character of all things!

    Of course, there's nothing new in dark souls for me, with enemies and maps generally remembered, but still. Going through Oolacile with a partner always has a great fuzzy feeling to it. I'm just really really happy to have gone around killing bloatheads and scaring away invaders with another person.

    I died to a bloathead darkbead and he died to a group swarming him, but we killed Manus in one try! (And oh boy I haven't experienced phantom buffed new game plus boss health in a while, so that seemed almost fresh)

    Then we went for kalameet, and it took half a dozen tries but we killed that one too!

    I'm just really glad to have experienced high level jolly cooperation after so long. This game can still bring such happiness to me. Running straight to quelaag is different from fighting through mobs and an area's peculiarities before actually hitting the boss.

    Wherever you are hg58d2c , thank you for that fun dark souls experience.

    submitted by /u/GoodHunter10
    [link] [comments]

    First playthru, just reached Lost Izalith

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 02:08 PM PST

    This is by the far the worst area in any souls game. Now I see why so many disliked it. God damn, this place is awful! I don't have the rights words to describe it, it just feels wrong. I thought about giving up, but I will give it another go, kill the boss and get out of here asap. This is the first time I play DSR, it's been great thus far. I even liked Blighttown and Sens. What a let down. It's a shame From didn't improve this area for the remaster. Even the graphics are visibly worse! Now I apologize for my rant and let you go on with your day.

    submitted by /u/wcbhkids
    [link] [comments]

    Does anybody have a compilation of all item descriptions for reference?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 04:31 AM PST

    I want a compiled version of all lore-interlinked statements or descriptions in any of the 3 games (preferably all), whether it by item descriptions or NPC spoken dialogues or even both...

    If anybody has an idea where to look, I would great appreciate your help.

    submitted by /u/Namoor3
    [link] [comments]

    Artorias, Knight of the Abyss

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 12:31 PM PST

    I painted a little portrait of one of my favourite characters :)

    https://imgur.com/gallery/mJ2hoIr

    submitted by /u/nudayz
    [link] [comments]

    Artotias Advice

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 04:05 AM PST

    I'm playing DS:R on XB1, first ever playthrough, level 78 using silver knight straight sword +5 and the silver knight shield. I can deal 160 dmg in a single strike but he's pulverising me when he powers up. I believe you can stagger him while he's charging but I haven't been able and get decimated by the explosion.

    How much damage is require to stagger while charging? Or is my weapon not heavy enough?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Clinteriffic
    [link] [comments]

    Am I crazy or is there a tiny rat pointing me in the right direction?

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 03:15 PM PST

    Hey y'all, decided to start a new playthrough and I'm in the depths, an area I've almost always skipped, since my first time through I made my way to blightown another way. From the depths bonfire to the Gaping dragon's lair I see a small rat scurry around a corner every now and then, leading me towards the boss. Is that just luck? Did they really put a friendly small rat in the game? It's not one of the enemy rats you see everywhere, it's almost a mouse, very small.

    submitted by /u/lyribit
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls paddle

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 03:38 PM PST

    We were making paddles for one of my classes and I decided to add a little dark souls twist, I'm really happy with it because it's my first time doing anything with wood and wood burning the paddle

    submitted by /u/TankDNA1234
    [link] [comments]

    Do we as players ever meet some of the original dragons?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 03:00 AM PST

    Most are just distant relatives but do we meet any "original" dragons?

    submitted by /u/hoptropik_CZ
    [link] [comments]

    My idiot friend stuck

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 02:51 AM PST

    My friend is stuck in the catacombs and is constantly saying "this game is shit" and other variations and i don't want to tell him he'd being an idiot. He thinks that killing the necromancers is arbitrary but to me it seemed pretty damn clear. He also think skeletons are broken enemies that suck. Tell me how to make him understand that he's being a fucking moron. He's so angry and he's at the point of rage quitting.

    submitted by /u/The-Telepotato
    [link] [comments]

    Too much Humanity

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 07:10 PM PST

    So I've noticed I have a build up on humanity, and I'm going around kindling bonfires and I started to wonder; "What happens when I kindle all possible bonfires?" And wouldn't you know it, the wiki had nothing so I turned to the ever trustworthy Reddit. If you guys could help that'd be great

    submitted by /u/LordGuihave5999
    [link] [comments]

    Not sure if this has been discovered before.

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 03:25 PM PST

    I was just going through upper undead burg and I've been practicing alot of the parry glitches in other parts of the game. So I got curious to see if the same would work for the door into lower undead burg, so I go ahead and clear the area except for one enemy then I do the usual parry bare-hand riposte against the door and tried to open it. Nothing.

    I then proceeded to try the surrounding walls and nothing again, until I tried the left corner by the door facing firelink side got squeezed in there tried it again and nothing. But then I tried the door again with the parry glitch and then right as the animation finishes for the riposte, the door opens from the upper undead burg side. Naturally I had to see if this was consistent on a new character and sure enough on a SL 1 it still worked! No more jumping if I wanna skip from now on.

    Also this was on the switch version.

    submitted by /u/Dysalt
    [link] [comments]

    What is it like to live in the depths?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 02:36 AM PST

    Anyone know some good role playing builds?

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 06:30 PM PST

    So basically I want to get back into playing cuz I've been bored lately but I can't think of a really good build to play I really enjoy doing roleplay builds I was thinking of a catarina knight but I've done a crap ton of strengths builds lately mainly with the really big like clubs and ultra great sword stuff like that. Plus I don't really want to completely copy Siegmeyer's setup. I enjoy being a bit more creative with it.

    Give me any ideas that you have but I'm mainly enjoy the one centered around the actual ds universe like for example a lore accurate astoria knight. It doesn't have to be centered around the actual ds universe like a very popular one being guts for ds3.

    submitted by /u/tallspartan117
    [link] [comments]

    Overconfident Dark Souls Players

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 06:19 PM PST

    Who hasn't experienced this?

    New Player

    submitted by /u/IsThis_A_username
    [link] [comments]

    [PS4][DSR] can anyone help out with a boss fight?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 01:36 AM PST

    I need help with the 2nd demon boss under the floor in the asylum. I can't even touch him. And I usually don't have a hard time with bosses. If anyone can help out and set thier summon sign down I'd really appreciate it, I'll be by the floor (boss entrance) near the door closest to the bonfire. Ask for pw 😃

    submitted by /u/josephthemerman
    [link] [comments]

    Can you get summoned in twilight Anor Londo by someone in normal Anor Londo?

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 09:14 PM PST

    I'm on an online file where I just place my summon sign at different bosses over and over but people aren't summoning me for O and S. I am level 52 in Twiloght Anor Londo

    submitted by /u/Fartsucker101
    [link] [comments]

    Changed strategies for Sen’s fortress

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 06:22 PM PST

    I decided I'm going to kill all of the titanite demons first so it's not a death sentence if I fall off of a ledge. Two down so far.

    submitted by /u/AtuinTurtle
    [link] [comments]

    Is dual dark hand viable in pvp

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 11:52 PM PST

    Just got 2 while farming need to now if it's good

    submitted by /u/HaleVed
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment