• Breaking News

    Monday, October 5, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 11:13 PM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!

    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    New mod , stupidly good

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 09:06 AM PDT

    For anyone wanting to play through DS2 on PC again I seriously can't recommend this mod enough. It doesn't completely change everything but there are a ton of great changes.

    Examples : many bosses difficulties (speed and attack patterns) like the last giant (killed me twice) , old Dragonslayer and more . Different routes many of the ones you're used to taking have been blocked off or rearranged in some way . different enemy placements that will surprise and challenge you ( without being unfair)

    Honestly it's the best DS2 mod I've played , it's a great reimagining of the game that doesn't come off feeling like a sweaty challenge run .

    If I had a choice between this mod and regular SOTFS I'd choose this in a heartbeat

    https://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls2/mods/920

    submitted by /u/AdNo4590
    [link] [comments]

    Why do people say this game isn’t that good?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 09:59 PM PDT

    I avoided it for the longest time because people said it wasn't that good. I finally decided to give it a try though and it's become one of my favorite souls game. It's the last one I've played, but god damn is this game fun. Like I LOVE the bonfire ascetics and other aspects that are so refreshing not found in any other souls game.
    I'm glad I finally gave it a shot.

    Edit: I didn't expect this much attention on this post lol. I stopped responding cuz I've been at work. I'm glad it started a discussion though. I've seen some good points and solid criticisms, and some butt hurt people.
    I just wanted to explain that how much I enjoyed it caught me off guard. I didn't know there have been many posts like this before. I'm new to this sub.

    submitted by /u/dookylove420
    [link] [comments]

    So Just How Many Times Can A Soul Be Split?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 07:22 AM PDT

    How fragile, or resilient depending on how you look at it, is a souls that it can be split so many times. Manus when defeated in DS1 Soul broke apart and eventually formed all the bitches who basically fucked up Drangleic; Nashandra, Elana, Nadalia and Alsanna.

    So all these ladies have their own souls that are fragments of Manus so how is it that Nadalia was able to split her soul even further when she wrecked Brume Tower?

    submitted by /u/RatedRPG-YT
    [link] [comments]

    Belfry Gargoyles with CoC, dex build and no shield at early game

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:42 AM PDT

    Tackling this boss early game on NG just after ruin sentinels with a katana and no shield while joining the company of champions is quite a challenge I enjoyed. Took me a lot of tries to figure out the best approach for me. They hit hard, can stun-lock chain, dont give enough space to breath and spam fire while low on breath. They also tend to hit you while attempting to jump back. Trading blows was not an option because I had only 4 estus charged at the time. I know this boss can be done with a 100 % shield but I dont like that idea.

    I don't like cheesing things with a bow but i enjoy pyromancies a lot. So I had to roll a lot and look for opportunities to hit them with the katana without being punished. The problem was finishing a gargoyle who spent flying and spamming fire when a third one came to help. Even through I only had 1 attunement slot, it helped me including fire orb so I could finish it in the air while the other 2 gargoyles chased me. Felt so good to include 2 damage sources in my build.

    Also, because I spent some time in this fight, I enjoyed the music quite a lot. IMO, the Gargoyles OsT fits more in this fight because of the night ambience in the Lost Bastille and the fact that the gargoyles can put a fight for an early game boss.

    submitted by /u/AxelBrionac
    [link] [comments]

    Coming back to the game, but completely lost on where to go. How do I figure out where my next step is?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 08:46 AM PDT

    I put a decent amount of hours into DS2, and I really just want to finish it so I can go on to DS3 so I'd rather not restart it.

    I know I've done the following:

    - Lit the Sinner's Bonfire

    - Lit the Iron Keep Bonfire

    - Lit the Gulch Bonfire

    - Lit the Brightstone Bonfire

    If memory serves correctly, there are only 4 primal bonfires before the latter portion of the game, right?

    submitted by /u/riccarjo
    [link] [comments]

    Where do I find the key for DLC 2

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 10:37 AM PDT

    I just beat DLC 1, it was super short but pretty fun. Does anyone know where the key for DLC 2 is and what SL I should start it at. I read you should do DLC1 at around SL 150 but I did it at SL 134 and it wasn't too bad. Do you think I should jump straight into DLC 2 or should I get further in the base game?

    submitted by /u/David_East
    [link] [comments]

    How active is scholar of the first sin on Pc?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 06:33 AM PDT

    I have been getting an itch to play some dark souls 2 recently and was wondering how active the pc community is?

    submitted by /u/Northernazzlem
    [link] [comments]

    Fume Knight

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:46 AM PDT

    Died over 50 times, cant get it.. Please need help with a summon

    submitted by /u/omarsa89
    [link] [comments]

    Fashion souls ideas

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 01:52 PM PDT

    I'm returning to dark souls 2 after a long time and would like some fashion ideas, preferably early game. Also nothing ridiculous looking, I want stuff that looks cool.

    submitted by /u/JustaGooseboi
    [link] [comments]

    I can't find any summon sign anywhere in the game

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 01:25 PM PDT

    I have been playing for 24+ hours and haven't seen any summon sign not even one and when I leave a summon sign no one summons me anyone knows why?

    submitted by /u/Elzaiaty
    [link] [comments]

    The Aava boss fight without the blizzard is truly beautiful

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 07:30 PM PDT

    Burning a bonfire ascetic just to fight her with Eleum Loyce and the blue sky in the background is worth it. It reminded me of other rpgs where some of the most memorable battles against a giant beast happen in some sort of long path/bridge with an amazing background: Zombor and Black Tyranno in Chrono Trigger, Barthandalus II in FFXIII, Cleric Beast in BB, Taurus Demon in DS1.

    submitted by /u/AxelBrionac
    [link] [comments]

    Riposts randomly doing less dmg?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 12:31 PM PDT

    Qhen i backstab the same enemy with the same weapon i get 3-4 diffrent results seemingly randomly. Can anyone explain.

    Tested it on alonne knights and captains and npc invaders

    submitted by /u/turtlebambi
    [link] [comments]

    Drakekeepers sword

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 12:24 PM PDT

    How rare is this weapon I have heard it's pretty rare and I just got it and I wasn't wearing anything that boosts item discovery

    submitted by /u/Linty559
    [link] [comments]

    How I messed up my OP Dark build for ds2

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:26 AM PDT

    Now the way this happened is a short story.

    Now essentially I knew I needed help with the flexible sentry boss fight so I figured hey I'll go summon lucatiel (I was at human form btw). No summon sign. I reset the area. No. Summon. Sign. I THEN remembered I killed the damn firekeepers. NOW I have to delete my character unless I can get summons back to do lucatiels quest

    submitted by /u/MissingLink01
    [link] [comments]

    The thing I hate the most about DS2

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 02:40 AM PDT

    The amount of grind needed for Great Chaos Fireball. No thanks, Forbidden Sun is not a good substitute.

    submitted by /u/one-armed-scissor
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone playing on Xbox one tonight?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 08:28 PM PDT

    It's been dead on here. I like playing with people to accumulate souls better. Dankmountain123 is my gamer tag if you want to add me.

    submitted by /u/69420forever
    [link] [comments]

    Sorcery build guidance for a DS2 new player

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 05:02 AM PDT

    Greetings from another cursed undead!

    I just picked this game up again (it's my lot in life to buy then sell then buy again all of the souls games before I beat them) and am ready to dive in.

    I just beat DS and DS3 these past few months so I'm kinda familiar with stuff. I did a pyromancy build for both of those games and it worked pretty well.

    That said I'm looking to get into a more sorcery based build this time. I really like the idea of a decent curved blade or axe in one hand and a sweet staff in the other. Is this a realistic build a expectation? If I go sorcery focused is there a reasonable ability to offset magic with some good one handed weapons? Will going through the game mostly shieldless work? I also was curious about a Hex build too.

    Any thoughts or help as I go into this would be awesome!

    submitted by /u/benv138
    [link] [comments]

    Acended mod

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 10:44 PM PDT

    So thia youtuber who I watch named PROD did darksouls 2 acended mod and only faught 2 last giants and when I enter the boss their is 3? What is happening?

    submitted by /u/TrooperAssassianKT
    [link] [comments]

    Protective Chime.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 11:02 PM PDT

    Anyone know if this is useful in any way? I'm kinda looking at it for hexes up until I get Caitha's or CoW, I'm just wondering if it's any good for early-mid hexing? On paper it seems like the best option right now (at +0) because in comparison to the Cleric's Sacred Chime it has more base dark damage and the same scaling letter (C). Priest's is just worse, less damage and less scaling (D). I was also looking at the one Felkin sells too, the Archdrake Chime.

    Edit: the Archdrake Chime seems worse too, it has 5 less dark damage (at +0) and 20 less casting speed, it just has higher scaling (B).

    Seems Protective Chime is the best dark chime up until Caitha's because of the 20 more casting speed, it only has 20 less damage than Archdrake's. Thanks, this tells me what to do.

    submitted by /u/Joquendo95
    [link] [comments]

    What’s a good reshade mod?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 12:04 AM PDT

    Yeah thanks

    submitted by /u/cannyultimate
    [link] [comments]

    Winter Door isn't open, looking for insight

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 08:15 PM PDT

    My first run through DS2. I've finished the four big bosses, lit the primal bonfires. From what I understand the Winter Door should now be openable, it's not. Emerald witch still tells me to hunt larger souls.

    I must be missing something, but I can't figure out what. Only thing I can think of is that I traded in Freja's soul to Ornifex, but I've read you don't have to have the large souls on you.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/_druids
    [link] [comments]

    arghhhhh I can not lose anymore souls!! Iron Keep is driving me insane but mostly because of how terrifying Smelter Demon is ��

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 01:42 AM PDT

    The pursuor is my favorite boss

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 05:49 PM PDT

    He is epic. He has a giant sword. GIant crow from sky drop him. Epic boss. Level 100.

    submitted by /u/PrinceOfPoggers
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment