• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 3, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 11:07 PM PDT

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    This game is a masterpiece

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:02 AM PDT

    I know there are a lot of posts of people betting the game and saying how this game is incredible and I wanna be one of those people.

    This is a truly amazing game, the lore, the map, the npcs, the bosses, the musics in the few places there are music, everything is so well done and nicely put together.

    I don't regret trying this game, I don't regret any deaths, any victories, I loved every single part of the game, yes, indeed, even blighttown.

    Well now I don't know what else to say so I love you guys, see you in NG+

    submitted by /u/psykotikk
    [link] [comments]

    Lothric had a Civil War?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 12:54 AM PDT

    I was in DS3 For a while. but I can't help but notice that there were signs of battle around Lothric Castle, at first I thought that maybe the knights were just fighting off the monsters around the area, or maybe setting up defences against the Ashen one. but after some time analyzing the arious areas and setss. I realized that there were signs that there may had been some in fighting, specifically among the Lothric Knights and maybe the Winged Knights.

    But it is just my speculation. maybe it is all like that by the developers to give off a cool look to the various stages, but even still I can't help but think that there was some sort of in-fighting or maybe a civil war in Lothric..

    What do you think?

    submitted by /u/welschmenfox
    [link] [comments]

    With Apologies to Dusk of Oolacile

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:44 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/gallery/R2gtcMN

    I didn't even know the crystal golems could attack Dusk, I swear

    submitted by /u/Kwild096
    [link] [comments]

    Solaire’s armor

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 07:28 PM PDT

    I am offering soul of sif, soul of brave warrior, 3 large soul of a proud knight, soul of a proud soul, and large soul of a nameless soldier. I play on Nintendo switch btw

    submitted by /u/Picklexzz
    [link] [comments]

    Had no weapon to fight Smough And Ornstein..

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 10:20 PM PDT

    So i stabbed them to death while dealing 10 damage per hit and having solaire die after halg a minute.

    submitted by /u/KevenLeDallaire
    [link] [comments]

    Are builds an importance for new players?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 01:54 AM PDT

    Hello all

    Giving dark souls a proper stab and enjoying it a lot. Are "builds" something that is important? I find myself slow rolling in knight armor so I'm just a skinny bloke now. I see a lot of people saying that armor has no purpose and that it's kind of a fashion thing. Not really sure what to do.

    Maybe I'm doing something wrong. LMK.

    submitted by /u/genasaki
    [link] [comments]

    Who is the SL 200 Chester Cosplayer on Switch?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 11:58 AM PDT

    You're my favorite opponent, we've battled 5 times this Quarantine and i still sign into my NG+6 fashion souls character named Fiona. When i get invaded by you it's a true highlight, if we add each other as friends on Switch I'll see when you're online to duel, and visit your animal crossing island or stomp you with Obstagoon in pokemon. You are a true gentleman.

    submitted by /u/MaimedJester
    [link] [comments]

    Don't let the Bed of Chaos push you around

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 03:35 AM PDT

    So, this is a boss that I've been having a lot of trouble with, and it's caused me a lot of confusion and grief. I've been looking at Youtube videos and online guides and they pretty much all show how you should:

    1) unlock the shortcut from the Chaos Servant entrance

    2) go in there naked wielding a claymore

    3) roll and run around like crazy

    I gotta say, using this strategy I died time and time again, so I decided to do the opposite

    1) use the bonfire from inside Lost Izalith (inside the pagoda) - the run may be a bit longer and you have to dodge those annoying firebreathing guys and giant squid who breaks your equipment, but for me it was far less frustrating than fighting that Titanite Demon every single time I had to run back

    2) TANK UP. I know it sounds counterintuitive, but rolling around and running fast is actually what caused me to die over and over again because of the holes in the floor everywhere. If you wear heavy armor and a heavy shield + wolf ring, sure you'll be fat rolling but rolling I think rolling is a bad move here anyway. With high enough poise, those sweeping hand moves barely push you - and THAT's what I mean when I say don't let her push you around

    3) Drop the claymore. Get out a trusty little dagger, because when you are breaking those branches and stabbing her filthy bits, you want a weapon that is going to be fast. And honestly, it doesn't matter how strong the weapon is - one hit will do the trick.

    4) If you read #2 and are tanking up, forget rolling to dodge her hits, just block them. Literally stop her from pushing you around where you don't wanna be

    5) This is really key here - the flamebite ring and flash sweat are your best friends. You can tank up against her annoying hand sweeps but that fire will burn you. I really didn't realize how much having flash sweat incredibly decreases the damage. If you have that pyromancy, it will make your life SO much easier in this fight. The flamebite ring is just a nice additional touch

    I don't know if I'm just lucky or what, but as soon as I switched up my gear and my strategy, I took out this boss in one try, where previously I had died like 10+ times

    Gear that I used:

    *Silver Knight Gear (Helm, Chestpiece, Leggings, Gauntlets)

    *Eagle Shield

    *Dagger

    *Flamebite Ring

    *Wolf Ring

    *Pyroflame (Flash Sweat)

    Let me know if this strategy helps you at all and good luck!

    submitted by /u/the_gregor_samsa
    [link] [comments]

    Did anyone else have an absolute roller coaster of emotions after beating Gwyn for the first time?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 02:59 PM PDT

    When I finally bear Gwyn, I burst into hysteric laughter. I couldnt believe what I had just done. I beat Dark Souls the game I told myself I'd never play. Then I felt so proud that after every death and mistake made it all worth it. The joy came after with a huge grin on my face. Finally as the credits rolled and that perfect piece playing in the background my eyes welled up.

    I thought of all the memories I had of the past month and a half playing this master piece. I remembered finally beating the capra demon while my dad sat down and cheered me on. I remembered finally getting to the top of Sen's Fortress and finding that bon fire to let out a huge sigh of relief. I remembered most of all the moment I took the elevator of undead parish back to fire link and realizing how connected the world was.

    This is THE best game I've ever played. I am shocked in all my 20 years of being alive. I've always dismissed this game as overrated due to its difficulty. I will never forget this moment for the rest of my life, and I'm looking forward to taking on the rest of the series!

    submitted by /u/UncleTeo
    [link] [comments]

    In.2 days I will be playing Dark Souls for the first time! Hold your thumbs for me :D

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 06:17 AM PDT

    I bought a physical version of Dark Souls Remastered for the Nintendo Switch. I do have a ps4 and I have heard that there you do get around 60 fps. On the switch you get SOLID 30 fps and cooler (older) lightning effects which I prefer. Rather solid 30 fps on switch than unstable 60 fps on ps4

    submitted by /u/Supermaue
    [link] [comments]

    So what is the highest survivable fall in Dark Souls 1?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 10:50 PM PDT

    Without spook

    submitted by /u/Gannonhunt62
    [link] [comments]

    Anor Londo's melancholy.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 03:22 PM PDT

    Anor Londo is one of the most amazing locations in any video game- atleast for me I adore the bedrooms you go through, they feel so melancholic. Nostalgia for a time where the world was somewhat normal, and people had genuine lives. There's a word that describes my feelings- anemoia. Nostalgia for a time unknown- as we never actually see how the world was before, yet we get somewhat a glimpse in these bedrooms where they are free from the twisted horrors of the world... left untouched. Frozen in a time we will never see; a somewhat happy time.

    submitted by /u/ThatNieRFan21
    [link] [comments]

    Please dont tell me the yellow fog gate means i came here for nothing

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 04:44 PM PDT

    Ive gone through hell of totg just to find myself at a dead end with a yellow fog gate. Does that mean I cannot progress to Izalith as long as I havent killed gwyn?

    submitted by /u/MaDudeek
    [link] [comments]

    Questions for Dark Souls III

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 03:54 AM PDT

    Hello frens.

    Trois questiones

    1. Is Dark Souls dead?
    2. Is hacking still rampant?
    3. What are the servers like?

    I remember playing demon / dark souls some time ago and enjoying both gameplay and the lore greatly, but i'm not sure if my internet will DDoS the servers inadvertently as it has on servers of other games.

    submitted by /u/CriticalLeafBladeAtk
    [link] [comments]

    Can u help me beat artorias

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 08:07 PM PDT

    I can't beat this dude to save my life. I can't survive that last Wave I always get his health almost all the way down..And I die. Is anyone on the ps4 remastered version that could help me out. Thanks guys. My gamer tag is SANCTUM_7

    submitted by /u/IceIX9
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts after finishing dark souls

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 03:11 AM PDT

    I have already beaten ds3 multiple times and even beaten it sl1 but i still cant decide on wether it was harder that ds1. Maybe it was the lack of fast travel at the start, combined with the very low weight you needed for fast rolls, but it always just felt like a weird balance between difficulty,fun and frustration. Which game did you guys find harder?

    submitted by /u/ksekolo8refths
    [link] [comments]

    I ruined my game

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 02:25 AM PDT

    I finished it but before finishing the game i was really sad because i knew that i can't upgrade my weapons to +10 and 15 because i killed andre at the start and i killed solarie and literally every npc so i missed some of the experience and i am not in the mood to start a new character

    submitted by /u/gyhv
    [link] [comments]

    Whats a good replacement for Artorias Leggings?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 01:45 AM PDT

    I fcking HATE those damn chicken legs, ot looks so weird and deformed. What could be a good replacement?

    submitted by /u/kaladbolgg
    [link] [comments]

    What are you supposed to do when you get backstabbed?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 07:45 PM PDT

    Just had a fight with a guy, was going really well for me. He healed three times before I decided to heal once. Then we wound up rolling on top of each other. Then I get backstabbed, roll away and get backstabbed again. Is there anything I'm supposed to be doing to avoid that?

    Edit: By "that" I mean the second backstab.

    submitted by /u/Kerrigan4Prez
    [link] [comments]

    A thank you to someone

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 12:53 PM PDT

    Alright so I'm on my first playthrough of DS1 and I'm getting better and better...not great by any means but I can handle most any area at this point. However, I was playing thru anor londo and had spent several lives getting past those damned archers and worked my way thru to the fog of ornstein and smough. I was about to go into the boss fight and I was invaded (upto this point I have yet to beat any human invaders) but whoever invaded me realized the fight I was about to take on and simply bowed and gestured me to go on into the fight, which allowed me to stay human and summon a little help for the fight...and to that player I say THANK YOU!!! I returned his bow and proceeded into the fight and was able to defeat o&s

    submitted by /u/bizzleva14
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Bosses SURVIVOR: Round 10 **Halfway there!**

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 10:25 AM PDT

    Today we say good bye to the Iron Giant AKA Iron Golem who received 27.3% of the vote last round. He's hardly my least favorite boss, but I'm still surprised he got as far as he did. Not much to be said about him, though I suppose that's how he avoided being hated enough to get voted out early.

    We are now officially at the halfway point! Any bosses you're upset to see in the worse half? I for one am surprised to see Seath down there, but more or less agree with the rest.

    Current tier list:

    • GOOD: Iron Golem, Seath the Scaleless, Dark Sun Gwyndolin, Asylum Demon
    • OKAY: Ceaseless Discharge, Centipede Demon, Taurus Demon, Demon Firesage
    • BAD: Moonlight Butterfly, Stray Demon, Pinwheel, Capra Demon
    • TERRIBLE: Bed of Chaos

    For anybody joining in, remember to vote for your LEAST FAVORITE boss. You may pick any criteria you want to decide who to vote for. Best story, best fight, most difficult, best looking, etc...it's up to you!

    CLICK HERE to vote for your LEAST FAVORITE boss

    Bosses In:

    • Bell Gargoyles
    • Black Dragon Kalameet
    • Chaos Witch Quelaag
    • Crossbreed Priscilla
    • Four Kings
    • Gaping Dragon
    • Great Grey Wolf Sif
    • Gwyn Lord of Cinder
    • Knight Artorias
    • Manus, Father of the Abyss
    • Nito
    • Ornstein and Smough
    • Sanctuary Garden

    Bosses Out:

    • 26th place: The Bed of Chaos (50%)
    • 25th place: Capra Demon (18.2%)
    • 23rd (Tie): Pinwheel (17.2%)
    • 23rd (Tie): Stray Demon (17.2%)
    • 22nd: Moonlight Butterfly (33.3%)
    • 21st: Demon Firesage (26.9%)
    • 19th (Tie): Centipede Demon (25%)
    • 19th (Tie): Taurus Demon (25%)
    • 18th: Ceaseless Discharge (37.5%)
    • 15th (Tie): Asylum Demon (15.8%)
    • 15th (Tie): Dark Sun Gwyndolin (15.8%)
    • 15th (Tie): Seath the Scaleless (15.8%)
    • 14th: Iron Golem (27.3%)
    submitted by /u/SaintMadeOfPlaster
    [link] [comments]

    What to play?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 05:16 PM PDT

    What do you guys play once you've beat every souls game? I've played all the souls, Bloodborne, sekiro, nioh can you guys think of anything else that is pretty good?

    submitted by /u/Siddoxy
    [link] [comments]

    Beat all DS1 bosses without summons on first run! (one exception)

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 07:10 AM PDT

    DS1 was the last of the three that I attempted and I'm proud to say I beat all the bosses without summons on my first run. One exception and that was Maanus, and not because I thought he was too hard but after the heartbreaking fight with Sif earlier on, how was I NOT going to allow his puppy form to join in on the fight? In my defense, he does minimal damage and Maanus tends to not get that easily distracted; I probably only had 2-3 windows of attacks on him thanks to Sif. Also pleased that Sif survived the fight like the GOODEST BOI that he is. I'll give Maanus a shot solo on NG+ whenever I decide to give it another go.

    I beat all the bosses in DS2 and DS3 but had to rely on summons for some of the tougher or gankier fights like Lud & Zallen, the Pontiff, and Sister Freide so I'm not bragging about my skillz. Got gud but need to get gudder!

    And yes, I found Ornstein & Smough to be (by far) the toughest in DS1, followed by Kalameet. Overall, I felt DS1 had the easiest bosses on average of the trilogy (though DS2 had more really easy bosses that were offset by much harder ones).

    submitted by /u/Zenobite
    [link] [comments]

    Return to Lordran 2020

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 04:07 PM PDT

    Is this happening? When is it? As far as i know it starts in October but could anyone provide information on this?

    submitted by /u/Lil_-_Crazy13
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment