• Breaking News

    Friday, October 16, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Bed of chaos is in my top 10 bosses!

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 12:17 PM PDT

    Top 10 worst bosses 😏

    submitted by /u/chickenoken-king
    [link] [comments]

    Origami Gaping Dragon by me

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 12:34 AM PDT

    Photos here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CGZQo-LpaZv/?igshid=jvpf6a4lm7ze

    Origami Gaping Dragon designed and folded by me from a single 65x65 cm white MC-treated sheet of tissue paper.

    1 sheet, no cuts, only folds Check here some mid-folding photos for proof: https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h0OjE4MDY3ODM5NTE0MjQxODkx?igshid=2vok8ehy6f39&story_media_id=2360401763768487724_1274135886

    submitted by /u/SwanRock
    [link] [comments]

    So I have finally beaten Dark Souls 1 for the first time, specifically the Remastered version on Switch.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 03:02 AM PDT

    So I have finally beaten Dark Souls 1 for the first time, specifically the Remastered version on the Nintendo Switch.

    The time it took to beat it was roughly 105 hours give or take.

    My final build consisted of this.

    Class: Warrior

    Level: 87

    Vitality: 29

    Attunement: 14

    Endurance: 24

    Strength: 20

    Dexterity: 38

    Resistance: 13

    Intelligence: 17

    Faith: 14

    And my main weapon was a Great Scythe that was upgraded up to +14 by the end of the game.

    Not gonna lie, for a game that's notorious for its brutal difficulty from a newcomers perspective to the point where it's commonly compared to literally everything that has a slight difficulty curve these days, it wasn't quite as hard as I was expecting. I mean it WAS hard in some areas like in Anor Londo, the Lost Isaleth and that one area with the ghosts and the abyss (forgot the name sorry to say) and there were several moments that I didn't know what to do or where to go but aside from that, I wasn't struggling as much as I was initially expecting.

    I do like how subtle it is when it came to its worldbuilding and lore. Allowing you to piece it together for yourself as oppose to spoonfeeding it to you on a silver platter. (Not that the latter is inherently bad but the former certainly makes this game one of a kind.)

    First impressions overall, I definitely enjoyed my time with the game despite being frustrated in some parts. Probably wouldn't call it my all time favorite RPG but it definitely is on the top 5.

    submitted by /u/Spidertendo
    [link] [comments]

    RIP Pinwheel

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 09:26 PM PDT

    I usually go to Nito first or second but on my first sorcerer build I'm going to him last. Pinwheel is about to get like 3 shot at most, he really didn't deserve this one. I almost feel sorry.

    submitted by /u/LEGITisaWORDboy
    [link] [comments]

    New Player to DARK SOULS 1. Any tips??

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 06:36 PM PDT

    I'm going to preface this by saying.. I've beaten both Bloodborne and DrkS 3. Which were really great to play.

    Any advice you can give me for Dark Souls remastered? I'm currently playing it on PC and would like some advice.

    submitted by /u/LightningKup0
    [link] [comments]

    What's up with the dark red spirits in Anor Londo?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 09:28 PM PDT

    Is it an NG+ thing? I beat O and S and left. Came back later to try and get some pvp on and there's a bunch of these extra red enemies. Not players but giant knights and silver knights. They hit way harder too.

    What gives?

    submitted by /u/LaFlama_Blanco
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for my first sl1 run?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 04:16 AM PDT

    I've never attempted it, but I've done numerous run-throughs with various stupid builds for fun and think I could do it. I was thinking gold hemmed armor and the raw reinforced club. I've never really done a Pyro build, so was considering that too. Any tips that you wish you had when you did it?

    submitted by /u/OverlordHippo
    [link] [comments]

    May seem like a dumb question, but are there any "thick" female characters in any of the souls games?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 04:04 AM PDT

    Sorry in advance if this isn't an appropriate post for here I just don't know where else to ask. I want to cosplay as a character from the series but all the ones that come to mind are pretty thin and I don't know if I would do them justice. I'm not talking huge or anything, (like an evangelist...lol) just at least a bit bigger than average. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/SlutOfCatarina
    [link] [comments]

    What is underneath the Xanthous Crown?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 11:15 PM PDT

    I had always thought that the crown looking like that was just a really odd stylistic choice, like a lot of the other weird stuff you can find in the series. However, I was playing with a friend today and he told me something very interesting; he said "you know that thing that's sucking on the wall in Blight town? There's another one of those underneath the Xanthous crown. That's why it looks like that." And I'm sort of inclined to believe him. The connections are there, that thing on the wall in Blight town is a chaos demon from Izalith, home of pyromancies, and Jeremiah the Xanthous King is a pyromancer. There's also blood on the crown as if something underneath it is bleeding. More evidence is that the thing on the wall gives you the Power Within pyromancer and you find a whip near it too. Jeremiah is the only NPC that uses a whip. My friend also told me that the thing on the wall is Prince Izalith.

    So is there any truth to this? Has it ever been stated what the Xanthous crown really is or what's under it?

    submitted by /u/Zwarlie
    [link] [comments]

    Soulsborne Series Research Survey

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 02:38 AM PDT

    https://forms.gle/yceFe9JyttzNTFRi9

    Hey lads, I made a survey on a variety of things involving the Soulsborne series.

    I'm a huge fan of the Soulsborne series (primarily Dark Souls 1), and wanted to make a survey to see what the Dark Souls community loves most throughout the series.

    I'll be releasing the outcome of the survey in a few days after this post.

    Thanks, and prithee be careful in your ventures.

    submitted by /u/xXDarkSoulsPlayerXx
    [link] [comments]

    Easiest class in dark souls remastered

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 12:02 AM PDT

    I am wondering which three classes that are easiest to play in dark souls 1. I started with playing knight/warrior. Damn this game is hard! What classes should I try to make the game a little easier. Yes, I am a beginner.

    submitted by /u/ludde_04
    [link] [comments]

    Tifu while playing Dark Souls

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 08:36 PM PDT

    So this actually happened today. I've been home alone with the kids as my wife has been out of town with our youngest and so I've decided to continue my goal of platinuming every Dark Souls game. I finished there awhile back and decided to crack open the remaster. Well, I was two trophies away from completing it and was blasting through everything to quickly finish it up. Stayed up till 5:30 this morning just to do it!

    I got my miracle trophy and only needed the Knights Honour trophy (get every "special weapon" on a list). Well I got the last weapon and I waited, excited to be done...But no trophy.

    Turns out I missed cutting the tail of the gargoyles in the beginning of not one, not two, but three rounds. This means I now have to go through the pain in the ass that is bed of chaos and four kings once again just to get the last weapon I need!

    Tl:dr - Wasn't paying attention, gotta get fucked by bed of chaos another fifty or so times after pulling an all nighter to try and get my plat

    submitted by /u/Tersael
    [link] [comments]

    Fastest way to kill Sif?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 08:09 PM PDT

    This fight is really painful to me and don't wanna go through it again, is there a quick way without even seeing him limp?

    submitted by /u/Dorlos-Argham
    [link] [comments]

    Did I goof? Dark souls remaster

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 12:17 AM PDT

    I have the red eye orb & planned on staying a dark wraith, however my orb has stopped working & the covenant said fuck you, I'm out. Where did I go wrong. & is it possible for me to still get the black eye orb?

    submitted by /u/ethomeuw
    [link] [comments]

    What is your unpopular Dark Souls 1 opinion?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 04:03 AM PDT

    In my opinion Kalameet is absolute b***s***, the bossfight is either near impossible before he gets crippled by the Gough, or pitiful easy after that. To add to that: His tail is just so horrible to cut, took me way too much upgrade material and ring farming to get the right equipment for it.

    Maybe I have been spoiled by the absolute presents that were Artorias and Manus or I am just salty that it took ages to get his tail down. But I just hate Kalameet.

    Anyway, that's my unpopular opinion about Dark Souls 1, what is yours?

    submitted by /u/StraightOuttaOlaphis
    [link] [comments]

    Power stance

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 03:24 AM PDT

    Your casually playing dark souls 2 ok then some guy drops you 2 smough hammers and power stance works on hammers (this is only for the question I don't know if you can power stance with hammers) so would you main smoughs great hammers with power stance now?

    submitted by /u/Distinct-Skill-7078
    [link] [comments]

    I drew Solaire for Inktober day 13 "Hope"

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 05:44 AM PDT

    Im gonna challenge beating dark souls again in 4 years

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 02:42 AM PDT

    https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/jabct2/would_anyone_be_interested_in_backseat_gaming_me/

    I posted few days ago that I might stream ds so that I can get some help via backseating, and I'm live now!

    I really wanna try out a build that I wouldn't go if I weren't being backseated as well as save sunbro which I couldn't do in first playthrough.

    Otherwise, if you could point out any items or event I missed, that would be great.

    So if you'd like to give me advice and watch me beat the game, come over to my twitch!

    https://www.twitch.tv/cafebritanny

    submitted by /u/CafeBritania
    [link] [comments]

    Ds remastered on switch, looking for a co-op buddy

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 10:40 PM PDT

    Question about Crystal infused weapons

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 02:15 AM PDT

    I'm about to do a run where I'll use a Crystal Halberd from Anor Londo Mimic at some point. However, I've never played with Crystal weapon before and only thing I know is that you can prolong its life by upgrading it when it's about to break. I have some questions:

    1. For how long does Crystal weapon usually survive without needing to "repair" (upgrade) it? For example, can I complete the whole DLC with it, considering I usually fight majority of the enemies?

    2. Do backstabs & ripostes consume durability as well?

    3. Do you get !WEAPON AT RISK! message when it's about to break or does it just suddenly break without any warning? In case you get the message, and it happens in middle of the bossfight, is it safe to to kill the boss (i.e. does it have chance of surviving rest of the fight) or should I bone out and upgrade it immediately?

    submitted by /u/PKM1111
    [link] [comments]

    Want a video (on reddit) of me playing dark souls?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 01:26 PM PDT

    Hey guys, dark souls is my favourite game series and I want to make a video of me playing it, so if this post gets 10 upvotes, I will make a video! Ill update once I get 10 upvotes and post a link if I can to my video on Sunday.

    submitted by /u/ligma_fat_balls
    [link] [comments]

    Why would the link the first fire?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 07:27 PM PDT

    Hi, I am a beginner to this game, and I have some questions about the lore. Firstly, why would the ashen lords link the first fire in the first place? I mean some of them have proven to be decent(comparatively?) men that might did it to save the world or their kin, but others have shown that they can be assholes. So why would they chose to be burnt for eternity? How can they benefit from such decision?

    submitted by /u/Thornotodinson
    [link] [comments]

    What did I do wrong?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 01:21 PM PDT

    So I woke up early today, had breakfast and some coffee, and went for a nice morning stroll, following the signposts to Darkroot Garden. Moments after crossing the threshold the sky went all dark, and the next thing I know I'm on my back because a giant mushroom with anger issues has landed a haymaker right in my face. I try to ask him what the problem is but he just goes and hits me with another. A few hours later I wake up next to a bonfire for some reason.

    I know the giant mushrooms are a minority population but do they have to be so aggressive to strangers?

    submitted by /u/KeyPersonnel
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment