• Breaking News

    Monday, October 19, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 11:13 PM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!

    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Praise the sun!

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 05:47 AM PDT

    I finally got the platinum for DS2 yesterday, so I decided to carve a pumpkin to celebrate. It's not the most original design, but I think it turned out great.

    http://imgur.com/a/7ZXSMBQ

    submitted by /u/Hemorrhoidstink
    [link] [comments]

    I beat the Pursuer without getting hit. I know that isn't a huge achievement, especially with the gear I'm using, but I've always had a super hard time with this boss and now he's the only boss in the franchise I've ever beaten without getting hit and I'm feeling good about myself

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 11:30 AM PDT

    Nashandra artwork by me

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 11:24 AM PDT

    I beat the base game yesterday and it is GREAT.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 09:35 AM PDT

    It is a great game. Now, onto the DLC's!

    submitted by /u/Puppyboy14
    [link] [comments]

    No torch in beginning bonfire (thing betwixt)

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 03:26 AM PDT

    I read there's supposed to be a torch behind the wagon by the first bonfire (after old ladies) but there is definitely no torch there (nor in my inventory), am I mistaken about there being a torch there? Or a glitch? I am on ps4 and it's SOTFS version

    submitted by /u/shebnitz1
    [link] [comments]

    New Game + doesn't take long if you rush it.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 06:44 AM PDT

    If you're mostly just focussed about getting to the ending to see the other one. Still haven't done the DLC a second time around but the thing is there wasn't any reason to do them beforehand. So I pretty much raced through the whole game and didn't explore, but I wanted to do Lucatiel's quest again so that meant some significant side tracking.

    I was running through because I found out that there was a second ending after you beat Aldia, and I had made this character because I wanted to fight Aldia but hadn't realised that there was a second ending.

    The funny thing is that had I spun around on my first playthrough with this character I would have seen the second light at the exit fog. I had decided to use full soul increase gear so before running through to NG+ that meant killing Tichy Gren and Maughlin. RIP sorry dude but I wasn't waiting for the drops.

    My only major hurdles were keeping myself/Lucatiel alive at the Rotten and somehow Throne Watcher and Defender were giving me grief just tonight. Pretty much everything else was smooth sailing. It isn't as hard with a leveled character as you might think and your build is pretty much set so you don't need to stop and loot everything. Look at the stats on the soul increase gear and honestly I was rarely if ever wishing I was using heavier armour.

    Managed to cheese the two Pursuers in the throne room by bringing along the two shades in the castle that could reach them, and had to use Ray again for Nashandra because I went to get Vengarl but his body killed me due to bleed as I killed him and he wouldn't be summoned. I tried dropping my gear, talking to him then picking it back up but a very clumsy mistake cost me the quest.

    He did show up for Aldia for some reason as somehow he killed me with the fireball spam and on the way back saw Vengarl's sign there. Aldia makes some disturbing noises behind the fog. Anyway, build was hexer/pyro/miracle magic using a morning star and grand lance.

    Just ticking off Navlaan's quest was funny but oh that sorcery at the end, I had two of them so decided to use one on Vendrick and wow, that temp max heath cut was scary for a moment.

    submitted by /u/Faunstein
    [link] [comments]

    Co op friends

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 05:31 AM PDT

    Hello anyone playing this for ps3?

    submitted by /u/Daqi9
    [link] [comments]

    Two quick questions..

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 01:54 PM PDT

    is there a way to find the armor from the ds2 disc cover? And why my vendor at Madjula doesn't have any boss armor?

    I haven't kill the last boss (Nashandra) but every single one including dlc are dead but no armor :/ im missing something??

    Please help thanks..

    submitted by /u/mito09
    [link] [comments]

    What should I do to get myself to start paying this again?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 01:54 PM PDT

    When I first bought this I played it 24/7 and it would be the only thing I would play for a solid month. Now im at Earthen PEak and I just don't feel like playing anymore.

    Is there anything I should do to motivate myself to keep playing, or should I just drop the game until I feel like playing it again?

    submitted by /u/Perry_Thy_Platypus
    [link] [comments]

    Sunlight Maggot / Moonlight Butterfly channel

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 01:38 PM PDT

    A long while ago, this amazing creator deleted his channel and all of his videos. I recently found a reupload of his longer works. Dks1 2 3 and bloodbourne movies.

    If anyone remembers him and wanted to watch them again like i did. Here is the link.

    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmsTxrQKroo5urlXXGV5UoKI9tjW8QEdh

    submitted by /u/Jazzy4242
    [link] [comments]

    Spider silk or spider fang?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 12:54 PM PDT

    Which one is more fun for PvE?

    submitted by /u/big-egg-man
    [link] [comments]

    Need help

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 12:28 PM PDT

    I just beat dragonrider and the last giant, i am lost. Where do i need to go? I have not beat the pursuer because i can't find him

    submitted by /u/DarkSouls2Casul
    [link] [comments]

    Guy... I have ask...

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 12:09 PM PDT

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4CdP54gSF4

    Can you call me "No hit guy of Invisible Aava"...?

    Because I succed...

    submitted by /u/Fit_Ad48
    [link] [comments]

    (PS4) IM OFFERING HELP TO ANYONE AT EVERY SOUL MEMORY AND ANYWHERE. I HAVE 10 CHARACTERS. LET'S CO-OP

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 12:02 PM PDT

    Shoot me a message

    submitted by /u/Idkmyname2014
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls solo run part 2

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 08:01 AM PDT

    Does anyone else like this game more than the others?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 03:19 PM PDT

    This question probably has been asked like a thousand times before but I just gotta do it. I played through all Soulsborne games by now but I always come back to this game. It was my first in the series and I enjoy it just as much as I did back then. Anyone else having a similar opinion? Or is this just me?

    submitted by /u/RememberNoAnime
    [link] [comments]

    Just encountered Jester Thomas

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 11:05 AM PDT

    I just encountered Jester Thomas in the Dragons Keep or whatever it's called in Shulva and, despite all of the hype of him being overpowered and hard af, I took him out on my first try. Why is it said that he's so hard

    submitted by /u/TheonlyAngryLemon
    [link] [comments]

    Bro. I just cant even with the frigid outskirts lol. On ng+7 it doesnt even feel like a "good" challenge, its just literal aids.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 10:55 AM PDT

    I figured id finish up every area again for this highest NG cycle (that actually effects the enemies etc) but I just really fucking despise this area. And it depends on what you consider to be true difficulty, to me I find it to just be a bunch of bullshit with BS mechanics. First off the hitbox for those horses is incredibly bad. They suck enough as is that even with high AGL you still get shitboxed randomly. Then youve got the actual area itself, and the storm. While in theory it's cool the first time maybe, but it just gets so fucking OLD after each play through. You cant just run through it, which is fine by me to have a challenging level design that cant be speed ran - but it's just how ungodly frustrating it is to run it the patient way, and take your time, only to get double horse spawned during the storm and turned around or just simply die due to shitboxes and their broken mechanics.

    Like the gutter and brighttown are a stroll in the park compared to this. I dont even mind not having a bonfire close to the the boss. Some parts of the soul series can feel like bullshit, "nothing you can do" sort of areas. But for the most part they are at least "fair" and reward patience for the super bullshitty areas. This area does not reward that. At all. Not to mention you'll spend so much time trying to kill the first horse spawn that a 2nd will come before you reach the 2nd building. And there youve got 2 phantoms to deal with also. So if you run through to it then youve got 2 reds and the fucking horse there.

    I mean there is a limit to BS mechanics before it just feels utterly unfair and annoying. And completing it does not give you the sense of satisfaction that other areas in the series do.

    Anyway, vent over. Sorry bout that. Needed to unleash the rage built up lol. I just honestly find this area so annoying because the bosses itself are really fucking frustrating, so the fact that just getting to them is so much bullshit makes it controller smashing levels of fuck you if you die at the boss. I really think it was designed poorly for high ng+. Also I can 0 hit run Gael, fume knight, ivory king, etc etc and those are all easier imo than dealing with this area + the duo boss combined.

    Thanks for listening lol. Needed to get my patience back :p

    submitted by /u/SrslySam91
    [link] [comments]

    Scholar VS Vanilla

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 08:56 AM PDT

    Wondering what the consensus here is as to which version has the better level design.
    With some of the areas I'm inclining towards the original version - curious about other opinions!

    Forest of the Fallen Giants
    -I prefer the Heide Knight (Heide Sword drop!) encounter over the strewn corpses in SOTFS.
    -The ambush past Pate seems more strategic in Vanilla.

    Heide's Tower of Flame
    -The Dragon seems a little strange - why scare players away from an early-game (easy) boss?

    Iron Keep
    -The original wasn't much better, but... at least a little less ganky, I feel.

    submitted by /u/turbosheep
    [link] [comments]

    I’m lost after getting the four grand souls and killing the king

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 08:08 AM PDT

    So, basically that. I got the 4 main souls and the Million souls to enter Drangleic Castle. Hey went all the way to the undead crypt and killed the king. But I don't know where to go now. I'm mainly interested in the main story so I could use a direction with as little spoiler as possible! Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/mjdegue
    [link] [comments]

    "alas nothing happened" ????

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 03:22 AM PDT

    I keep seeing that but still haven't found out what it means or what I should do.

    submitted by /u/fam_b4_fame
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 but it's JoJo's

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 07:03 AM PDT

    Fume knight is a dirtbag (need tips)

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 02:04 AM PDT

    Any pro tips for fume knight ?

    submitted by /u/fam_b4_fame
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any mod for ds2 that is like honest merchant?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 03:19 AM PDT

    I want some armors early for fashion purpose, and trading doesn't seems like an option because of the soul memory system.

    submitted by /u/pewdiyeetpie
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment