• Breaking News

    Monday, October 19, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I painted Artorias the Abyss Walker

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 08:45 AM PDT

    I decided to revisit my previous Artorias fanart and paint it in another light and style (with much improved skill).

    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/PoEEzy

    submitted by /u/jormahoo
    [link] [comments]

    Sen’s Fortress

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 10:33 PM PDT

    Holy damn in soulsborne. This is probably the most tedious area in the game.

    I'm at level 40 is that relatively low for entering that area? I'm gettin mopped

    submitted by /u/LightningKup0
    [link] [comments]

    Firelink Shrine sketch

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 04:40 AM PDT

    End me.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 11:48 PM PDT

    I'm trying to get all the trophies in the game right now and I've already fucked a number of times. Accidentally hitting important npc's (absolving sins was a bit tedious at high levels) or making anor londo dark to kill gwyndolin before farming spears from the bat wing demons for the knight's honor trophy etc etc. But the worst mistake I've made so far has to be wasting a white titabite slab.

    You see, I'm tring to complete as many trophies in one characters as possible, weapon upgrade trophies included. I thought that maybe I hadn't completed the divine path yet so I just wasted my only slab on it. When the trophy didn't pop up remembered that I had already gotten the achievement on a previous character. I should've gone for the occult one instead. I'm a fucking idiot.

    You may say "But you have to ng+2 to get the knight's honor trophy anyway, so you'll just get it in your next cycle!" and you'd be right, but I'm way too stubborn to accept my mistakes at this point. I've already calculated the time it would take me to farm another slab from the pinwheels at max item discovery. One and a half hours. As a commenter on another post of mine on this subreddit said: "This game teaches you to not run around like a headless chicken." And indeed it does. Gg Dark Souls. Gg.

    submitted by /u/honhahoie
    [link] [comments]

    Best Weapon I Can Use At The Moment?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 11:55 PM PDT

    Hey all! Currently I'm (attempting) The Neto boss fight and learned I can make my weapon divine to get rid of those annoying skeletons. I'm using a +3 gravelord sword, but heard it isn't worth investing in as it becomes useless in late game. Heard great scythe is the "best" weapon in the game, is this true? Pretty sure best weapon depends on class but this is what I'm hearing a lot. I'm just wondering what I should be investing in so I don't waste my materials. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/The_Hylian_Noob
    [link] [comments]

    A Shower Thought I Had About The [Spoiler] Fight

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 03:19 PM PDT

    Along side the Abyss corruption is it possible that Artorias is hostile towards us because we have a dark soul? Perhaps the corruption made him go psuedo hollow and the last thing he is clinging on to is his duty to stop the Abyss and now he's slaying beings of the dark left and right.

    submitted by /u/LuciferAdeo
    [link] [comments]

    2 (Different) Hands, 1 Controller: Chapter 2

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 07:57 AM PDT

    BROOOOOO WEEEEE DIIIIDDD ITTTT!

    So we started where we left off at the Gargoyles and made out way to Qualog feeling very confident that she would be a cakewalk... she was not. She took advantage of all our weaknesses but when we finally beat her, I felt even more confident in our ability. We upgraded our BLS and strode towards Sens Fortress. And yes dude in the comments of the other post, it was HELL. Anyway we made it up and killed Golem dude. This is when I became worried about O&S, and I was very correct. They spanked us into oblivion. It was so insanely difficult for me to roll, (with the input lag of the switch) attack, and work the already difficult camera with ONE GODDAMN FINGER! After maybe 6 attempts we killed Ornstein and, hands shaking, slowly widdled Smoughs health down. It felt sooo good. Smoughs new canon name is Bacon Baby. We decided to call it a night but we'll be at it again tomorrow.

    What a waste of a day.

    submitted by /u/7468783aA
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls prepare to die edition online still working?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 08:15 PM PDT

    Hello, i'm entering the series but i have the prepare to die edition, is it live? i haven't see any summoning thing, i mines just never seems to summon anyone

    submitted by /u/aquiles1697
    [link] [comments]

    My first ever SL1 all bosses solo!

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 06:40 AM PDT

    Who is you favorite Dark souls 1 Character

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 03:59 PM PDT

    Whos you're favorite dark souls 1 character, mine is Big hat Logen, but I like the other Guys too

    submitted by /u/darksoulsisepic
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else just not able to get into Dark Souls 2?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 10:23 AM PDT

    Dark Souls 1, Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne were amazing games that I ended up beating 100% because how much I loved them. I'm even getting a PS5 for Demons Souls. But Dark Souls 2 just feels off. It's not pulling me in at all and it feels like a chore to play. Anyone else think this about the 2nd game?

    submitted by /u/oh_fuck_ya_bud
    [link] [comments]

    Played DS1 at the beginning of this year and decided to cut the fun bits into a video.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 05:41 PM PDT

    A good friend gifted me this lovely game years ago but I was hesitant to play it. Played Sekiro when it came out and had a blast. Decided I would give DS1 a shot and boy oh boy did I regret not getting into this series earlier. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMcYw4H-Mc8

    submitted by /u/FFDee
    [link] [comments]

    Twinking Level and Weapon Range

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 04:36 AM PDT

    From my calculations, being SL15 and WL +5 for up to gargoyle should give you enough invasions. You might miss out on SL1-3 runs, but I doubt most people stay so low level. If you don't care for those and want 8+, then you can go with level 20-25 and still WL+5

    For everything else pre Sen and including (depths, Sen, Blighttown) I advise a +10 weapon and 30-40.

    Now here is where the fun starts. Most people WILL pick up the lightning spear or crystal halberd after sen/start of londo. So you can already be +15 WL and SL 50-60. The weapon range can apply even if you want to invade upper sens, so you'd have a +15 lvl 30 invader.

    Anything above that should not really be considered twinking anymore (Greater Soul areas) and you can do whatever (65 is a good invasion sweetspot for those)

    I mention all this because I find the entire WL matchmaking pretty much useless and I don't think it killed off twinking.

    submitted by /u/Deadvine
    [link] [comments]

    Help!

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 03:52 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I like streaming a lot of dark souls even tho I'm not the most knowledgeable person. I struggle a lot to get viewers cause the community in twitch is almost dead. I stream on my free time every once in a blue moon. If yall every wanna stop by and watch me/ help me (I'm confused and lost more than half of the time) its greatly appreciated!

    Shameful plug http://www.twitch.tv/utroska?sr=a

    submitted by /u/ExternalPsychology39
    [link] [comments]

    Any tip for where to continue?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 03:46 AM PDT

    (It's my first playthrough)

    Since killing O&S I have walked through the library and the Cristal cave until I found Seath and the catacombs until I found Nito. I haven't killed either. I've started to explore New Londo and killed the Hydra.

    Now I feel a bit bored and don't know where to continue because for some reason those (seemingly) three options (Seath, Niro or exploring New Londo) seem boring for me at the moment.

    So my question: Is there any other possible area from where I can go on? Or should I just continue with Nito, Seath and New Londo?

    Also: Do the Boss weapons pay out (I'm currently using a dark knight greatsword)?

    Thanks for reading this; I hope you can give me some advice:)

    Edit: dark knight sword, not dark knight greatsword

    submitted by /u/i_dont_like_some
    [link] [comments]

    Parry Tech (and PVP Tech in general)

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 03:20 AM PDT

    Hello Folk

    Back in full force with pvp and I am wondering if you guys know some parry tech with each weapon category or have handy links for that.

    For example, I know that you can setup parry greatswords by taking the 1st hit with a shield and instantly pressing the parry button. Same goes with fast attacks, but you need to "block" with your body and then instantly parry. UGS can be parried on reaction.

    I still am not sure with scythes or halbers, axes and the rest of the categories. Is it same as with claymore?

    Thanks and any extra PVP Tech is much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Deadvine
    [link] [comments]

    I love the Artorias Fight!

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 07:43 PM PDT

    It's so Addictive and Fun! It gives me Satisfaction foresawing and predicting his attacks! and his Health is so Balanced and Satisfying, One of the best made Anime fights in Videogames, I really want to fight him Again and Again, It's truly sad to Kill him but to end his Suffering I must do it...

    submitted by /u/-_-okweab
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls? Completed it mate

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 12:00 PM PDT

    Like most people I know, I put off dark souls for ages because of it's difficulty and stuck safely to Skyrim.

    I first picked up this game little over a month ago and have been addicted to it every since (the soundtrack has taken over Hamilton as my daily listening and I'm even considering having my next figure skating program to some of the music).

    I never thought I'd make it through, but I did and I'm amazed I managed it. I honestly though I'd quit at the first boss and never do it again, and yet here I am staring at the credits rolling after lighting the flame with tears in my eyes. I finally finished something I never thought I'd finish, and I finished it with some good old jolly cooperation with Solaire. I love this game so much man

    submitted by /u/SmolKits
    [link] [comments]

    Gwyn, Lord of Cinder, lays dead at my feet.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 05:37 PM PDT

    I just beat Dark Souls for the first time (my first Souls game) I laid the king to rest wearing my favorite armor (+9 Elite Knight) and he was slain with my trusty sword and shield (+5 Astora's Straight Sword and +5 Crest Shield) I have never felt more accomplished in my life. Praise the Sun.

    submitted by /u/xtraGeona03
    [link] [comments]

    I gots me a problem fellas

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 07:43 PM PDT

    So im on my third character(going to 25 for each stat one at a time, terrible idea honestly) and I went to kill our golden wannabe Chad lad, and I pushed him off the edge to kill him a lot faster because Vitality Man. However, in turn the ring is now located at the bottom of the cliff at Firelink Shrine. Is there anyway for me to get it back? Also, what kind of builds are you guys working now? I'm intrigued to hear!

    P.s. im playing on Switch, in case that changes anything.

    Edit: I've recovered the FaP! I'll be leaving this post up for anyone that may be stuck here. Reload you're game and pop right back in! Welcome to Dark Souls if you're new reading this!

    submitted by /u/peterblahblahblah
    [link] [comments]

    Screwed up my no-death run, but I did set a personal best time.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 12:53 PM PDT

    2 hours and 48 minutes.

    Also, in case you're wondering, I walked into lava like an idiot. Wasn't knocked into it. Didn't accidentally roll into it. Just walked straight into it and forgot to put the ring on.

    submitted by /u/ThirdStuff
    [link] [comments]

    A short ode to Beatrice

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 09:48 AM PDT

    I think everyone basically agrees that if my girl B is summoned for the Moonlight Butterfly, she basically does all the work for you. I know there's a lot of ragging on her for the 4K. I don't know if it's just luck or what. I don't think she did anywhere near as much damage to them as their life bar increased because she was summoned. But after half a dozen defeats to them, the ONLY time I managed to get to her summon sign human, was also the time I beat the kings.

    Yeah yeah, literally shaking you guys, finally did it, etc etc. But getting the last lord soul shard feels like a pretty big accomplishment on a first play through.

    And so I would simply like to pay respect to Ms. Beatrice.

    submitted by /u/themiracy
    [link] [comments]

    Any tips for asylum demon

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 04:06 AM PDT

    I decided to play darksouls because my pal said it was easier than darksouls 3. But he must of been lying because the asylum demon is IMPOSSIBLE. Every time I do the plunge attack he always hits me no matter what. People will probably say I'm bad even though I've gotten rank 155 on cod every season. If I don't beat the boss by tomorrow I'll probably get Sekiro.

    submitted by /u/ohaninaab
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment