• Breaking News

    Friday, October 23, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 has a darker atmosphere than Dark Souls 1 (Spoilers)

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 01:15 AM PDT

    Dark Souls 1 has an amazing story and will always be the giant Dark Souls 2 stands upon. But Dark Souls 2 story of the kings and there downfalls is breath taking. Dark Souls 2 gives a unique look into what the undead curse actually does to Humanity that Dark Souls 1 wasnt able to show and Dark Souls 3 sorta touched on with its final DLC. You see Kingdoms brought down to their knees, and Kings who even succumb to it. Finding King Vendrick hollow was the most heart breaking moment ive had in a videogame. When i first played i had no prior knowledge to what id find in the game. I expected King Vendrick to be a NPC i could talk to, or a boss with epic lines of dialogue. Oh no no, you walk into his arena, and there he is. Walking around, aimlessly, so gone he doesnt even notice you. The short piano notes playing intermittently as this giant undead King drags his sword across the floor. That feeling i felt isnt one ive been able to recreate. Dark Souls 1 is a beautiful game on so many levels, its the best mechanically between the two. But theres something about Dark Souls 2 that just adds more dread to its atmosphere and story. Its beautiful.

    submitted by /u/MintMouse20
    [link] [comments]

    DS2 PvP Warped Blade/Drakekeepers

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 09:55 AM PDT

    Haven't had hardly anytime to play lately but wanted to crank out one last PvP video of my main before Demon Souls releases and I dive into that. Put a lot of effort into it so I hope its anyone who decides to watch enjoys it.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOYC4rMriGI

    submitted by /u/Irvin87
    [link] [comments]

    Finally finished NG No Death No Bonfire run

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 10:14 AM PDT

    Took me ~13 tries. After almost dying to Manikins in Harvest Valley, almost getting smashed by Giants in Dragon Aerie, almost burning from fireballs in Giant Lord's memory and almost rolling off the Throne of Want I got them. Both Illusory Rings in one run, no magic, no summons.

    Now time for a no hit run! /s

    submitted by /u/Asdowa
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you brainzuk

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 12:07 PM PDT

    Not sure if this guy is active on this sub. But I seen his summon sign at the start of No-Mans Wharf and the guy walked me through it like a boss. He hit doors and passages I needed to interact with and helped me slay the boss at the end. This game series never fails to amaze me with how nice and decent it's player base can be.

    submitted by /u/adamzlatan
    [link] [comments]

    Help me not cheese ds2

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 09:54 AM PDT

    I've just about finished my second ds2 playthrough, nearly done with the ivory king DLC as a sorcerer/dex build. I use a +10 magic rapier and usually cast great magic weapon on it to fight bosses. I am seeing on youtube and things like that that rapiers are a total cheese to the game, and that upsets me a bit because now I feel like my run was pointless. After beating the last dlc, before going into ng+ I wanted to respec my levels to create a str/dex build to go through ng+ and the red iron twinblade looked awesome and I was gonna use that. And then I saw a lotta people saying that twinblades are stupid and cheese in pve anyways! Now I don't know what I should go for.. Any suggestions for a fun, balanced str/dex weapon or any balanced class weapons? (I bought the looking glass knight set from that merchant guy because I wanna use it next run and it looks badass af if that's important). Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Sauerrrkraut
    [link] [comments]

    I'M BACK, BABY!

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    Long story short, I moved out to my own place, left my ps3 for my family to watch DVDs on it, and bought a new one. I just got a tv today, bought ds2 (before I got wifi sorted, but luckily I have hotspot on my phone) I have been downloading the 1.4 gb update for 3 hours, 97% rn. But that aside, a Bearer of the Curse has returned. I will seek souls, larger powerful souls, lest this land swallows me whole. Wish me luck!

    submitted by /u/InfamousGhost07
    [link] [comments]

    I recently picked up a copy of Dark souls 2 SOTFS, and I have a question

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 07:42 AM PDT

    Do enemies stop respawning after killing them enough times ?, or am I just in experiencing a bug ?.

    submitted by /u/RedEyedAbyssWatcher
    [link] [comments]

    The Great Bow

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 05:51 AM PDT

    Like have you ever tried running a greatbow as your main source of damage for pvp? If you can get down the spacing, stamina management, and know how to bait out rolls, the faster greatbows like the Alonne bow can straight up wreck people even in relatively close combat. Unless your against a super aggressive rapier curved sword combo of course, but that's what a backup weapon is for.

    submitted by /u/insurancefruad42
    [link] [comments]

    [spoilers] Calling all you DS2 lore heads to explain something about the Emerald Herald to me.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 08:38 AM PDT

    Alright, so I am literally in the throne of want after killing Aldia. Now I have the choice of taking the throne, which after some research I see as "player sits down, doors close and either the place burns or after 10 seconds the doors open again and the player leaves." or walking away from the throne and having Aldia be like "Too bad Cale is hollowing, cause we could use a map. We got no idea where to go now."

    Knowing this, I first off don't see the difference in walking away after Aldia or taking the throne but not linking the fire. Is there any difference between the two? Does using the Golems but not becoming the hottest undead on the planet do something different compared to just walking away?

    Second, the Emerald Herald. She gives me a whole lotta Frampt vibes when it comes to her wanting us to take the throne. As in she wants us to take the throne and then go "A bit of fire never did permanent damage before, so why would it now?" However, she also says during the throne ending that no matter what we do, the cycle will continue. (aka, DS3 is happening no matter what you do.)

    So what does Shanalotte even want? When she sees the first flame brighten up, would she smile? When you take the throne, but not link the fire, would she still smile or tell you to turn around? Same with the Aldia ending, when you walk away without using the Giant's Kinship, does she just bitch smack you and tell you to take the throne, or does she accept your choice? On one hand she says her journey is done when you enter the throne of Want, but on the other hand she does say that you will link the fire like it is a fact.

    Basically, I don't understand what Shanalotte wants when it comes to which ending and if ending "take throne" which choice.

    TL;DR: Shanalotte, I love you almost as much as the Maiden in Black but you need to be more clear in your motivation.

    submitted by /u/Triceror
    [link] [comments]

    I need armour for a paladin build,I'm looking for use,fashion as a bonus,I'm looking for a set to increase cast uses like northern ritual band,also a set that increases cast speed is cool too

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 11:19 AM PDT

    So I just got the game

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 10:21 AM PDT

    As the title says, I just got the game. I've played all the other soulsborne games but this one. Just looking for some tips (ie what to go for early and late game (am using a dex/str build) and some general help and things of note about the game)

    submitted by /u/Brosephii
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to make a character look like chernobog from American Gods

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 10:15 AM PDT

    Hey so I am a big fan of American Gods the show and my favorite character is Chernobog (sorry if it's spelled wrong) so I based my guy by that now there isn't anything that I could find that would be the way he dresses so since In mythology he is the god of bad fates I made him use hexes and am using the hexes set to make him look like a wandering god type thing but anyway I've run into an issue with the weapon, I was going to use the giant warrior club for my main weapon since it seemed the best option at the time cause non of the hammers look quite like his so I was going towards that but I found the craftsmen hammer that looks almost exactly like it but it's rather small so I was wondering what u guys think I should do?

    submitted by /u/OddWallaby4
    [link] [comments]

    Killed vindrik

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 01:50 PM PDT

    I need to find sing or whatever the dragons name is and how do I get to ivory kings area

    submitted by /u/Distinct-Skill-7078
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox sotfs I need heide knight sword I have karma and can mule

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 09:56 AM PDT

    Meet me at the first bonfire in heide ruins and choose nehma on your name engraved ring

    submitted by /u/GiveMeUpvotesRightNo
    [link] [comments]

    Best starting class for a Hex/melee build ?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 01:36 PM PDT

    Edit: a Dexterity & Hex build to be more precise.

    submitted by /u/RedEyedAbyssWatcher
    [link] [comments]

    Am I safe to use the giant’s souls after killing Vendrick?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 01:27 PM PDT

    Give me some challenge runs suggestions

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 12:33 PM PDT

    Not too crazy btw,im new to challenge runs. best one i managed so far is a caestus only

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    [SOFTS] Can you connect with a friend while both using mods?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 12:20 PM PDT

    Hi. A couple of days ago me and a friend got the idea of having a modded playthrough. We know this will result in a soft banned account so we will use some secondary steam accounts. Does anyone have any idea if connection will be possible while using mods?

    submitted by /u/TheOneAndOnlyKozek
    [link] [comments]

    Dropped Sunlight Medals

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 06:10 AM PDT

    I've been grinding sunlight medals at last giant with my low-level character. I get called into a game, but the boss dies to another summon almost before I can get through the fog. I get called into the next game, and it's the summon, who kills the boss just as quickly, then drops an item. Without thinking I picked it up - it turned out to be a bunch of sunlight medals (20 of them).

    So on one hand, awesome, got sunlight spear super fast. On the other hand...sunlight medals can't normal be dropped. So clearly some shenanigans are afoot. Should I be concerned?

    submitted by /u/Himetic
    [link] [comments]

    Zwei infusion question

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 11:55 AM PDT

    I'm trying to use resonant weapon or dark blade for the first time in a build and I'm currently using zwei, since lightning infusion worked very well on it on my last faith build. With these builds I like to use the minimum requirements necessary for the zwei and infuse/buff with the same element. But now I was wondering if since I destroyed the scaling anyway with an infusion, if it would be better to use a raw infusion, then buff with dark... or infuse with dark, and buff with dark? Since I'm getting split damage anyway, would it be better to maximize the physical as well as elemental, or go for as much elemental damage as possible? Idk how to run the numbers on it since I'll be buffing it, and I'm not at the point in the game where I can experiment and see the difference.

    submitted by /u/Zetsu_17
    [link] [comments]

    Majula pit drop

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 11:18 PM PDT

    Something I never bothered checking is the amount of HP required to survive the drop down the pit in Majula (it would be helpful to plan some runs that need stuff from the Gutter or the Gulch). Does anyone know the exact amount? What about while wearing the Cat's ring?

    submitted by /u/kilianer
    [link] [comments]

    Best Boss Weapons in 2020

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 07:46 AM PDT

    Playing on sotfs but didn't play from the start so I know there's a lot of changes and nerfs. (Googling shows old results) I'm currently playing a quality build. Any recommendations or your personal favorites?

    submitted by /u/illgethighandcomment
    [link] [comments]

    i need a save file from someone who just got to 40% of the game

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 10:44 AM PDT

    so i lost my saving files , i can't play all over again , i'm begging you if anyone is in his first playthrough and only completed about 40% of the game , like in some of these areas :

    1. Belfry Luna
    2. Sinners' Rise
    3. Huntsman's Copse
    4. Undead Purgatory
    5. Harvest Valley

    thank you in advanced

    submitted by /u/ARA-GOD
    [link] [comments]

    The throne of want

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 09:40 AM PDT

    I got to the the throne of want and defeated the duo throne watchers. How do I get to the throne though ?. There's no bridge.

    submitted by /u/fam_b4_fame
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment