• Breaking News

    Friday, October 23, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Why I love this game

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 11:38 PM PDT

    Fittingly, I found Dark Souls at a very dark time in my life. I lost my girlfriend to another person and found out they had started "dating" while we were together, i just started college so i was away from everything i knew, i was having rough relations with my parents, and my grades were plummeting. I had lost all direction in my life. I didnt have many friends cause of the move, i felt like i couldnt talk to my parents, i gave up on my grades cause i wasnt happy with what i was doing. I stopped going to class. There were nights i didnt sleep and the times i did sleep i would fall asleep at 7am and wake up at 4pm. I would lay in bed and cry, cause i felt like there was nothing for me. What was there for me? My parents did not wanna talk to me and when they tried to wed argue, my first love cheated on me which was heavily emasculating, and my friends were miles away and couldnt really give any support. I found Dark Souls Remastered at a Gamers on one of the very few times i would leave my room. I dont know what originally told me to buy it. But i ended up taking it home, decided if i was going to be laying in bed all day again i might as well play something too. Squeeze out what little joy the game could give me. I booted it up and created a character. I was a Warrior, i named him after myself since i decided if i couldnt live a fulfilling life in the real world, i would try to substitute it with the game for a while. I noticed very quickly that this game fit my mood perfectly. Everything was so somber, even the characters who held hope seemed to have it hanging by a thread. The music hit me hard as it made this already hopeless atmosphere seem more dreary. What got me hooked was the difficulty, i love a challenge. Games that kick my ass are the games that are worth playing for me. Not every game i play has to be hard, i just appreciate ones that are. I struggled with the first couple bosses at first, i hadnt gotten used to the game mechanics and it was hard to keep chipping at a bosses HP when their moves could end you in a couple hits. Eventually though, I got better. So good that i somehow beat Quelaag on my very first attempt. But heres where the game started to change for me. Somehow after ringing the two bells, I started to understand what i was playing through. I was a character in this story, trudging through these horrible yet also beautiful areas, defeating monstrous beasts that no man should be able to conquer. The atmosphere is enough to crush peoples spirits, such as the NPCs you find scattered around the land. But it is you who keeps trudging forward, your will to seek the end. No other character in the game was able to make it, they all hollow in the end. Only your character keeps himself from going hollow. No other game really gives you the feeling you get from Dark Souls. The best comparison i can make would be the N64 Zelda titles. But in those games, you play as Link. In Dark Souls, you play as you. It is you who leaves the Asylum, it is you who rings the bells, it is you who conquers Sens Fortress, it is you who beats The Bed of Chaos after missing that god forsaken jump so many times, and it is you who defeats Gwyn the Lord of Cinder. I played this game everyday, falling in love with the story and its design. When i defeated Gwyn and heard that end credit song, i will say whole heartedly i cried. I cried because i had accomplished something, all be it really small and not worth much, but you gotta understand nothing was going right in my life. I had beaten a very difficult game, and a game with alot more to offer even after it was over. Ever since then, i have played the game more times than i can count and i still go back to it. The only other game thats ever made me feel such emotions and even cry was Undertale, and i had found it in the same period of time. I probably will make a post about that game too. Dark Souls touched me, to this day i still read about it, i played the other two which were great, and i actually made friends through the game too. The community is a blast and its part of the reason i joined this sub reddit. Im sure this post is not whats usually put on this platform, but i just had this urge to let everyone know what this game has done for me. I found something i was genuinely interested in at a time i needed it most. I wish i could thank Miyazaki personally for it, not only for making an amazing game, but making a game that could help drag me out of my sadness for awhile. Its a game that is meant to be looked further into, it is meant to bring out feelings. And it did so, and it was part of the reason i stopped just lying in bed doing nothing like i had been for many days before. I found joy again in something, i found it through Dark Souls. I love this game, and honestly all of FromSoftwares titles now. But this game is definitely something I will hold close to my heart forever.

    submitted by /u/MintMouse20
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat the game for the first time and now I’m obsessed

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 08:37 PM PDT

    What an absolutely fantastic game!

    I have no idea how I ruled it out for so long, but a friend recommended Bloodborne to me a few months ago, and suggested we do share play on the PlayStation so he could watch me play and "guide" me through. He's a big fan of RKG (formerly Prepare To Try) so he took on kind of a Krupa role as I blindly played through my first From Software game. I had fun, but it didn't really click for me until about 3/4 through, and from then on I was hooked. I bought the DLC, did the chalice dungeons, and when I found myself looking for more, remembered I had the original DS on my Xbox because it was free a few years ago. Back then, I tried it and got swarmed in the catacombs as most do, and said that it just wasn't to me. But I couldn't be more glad I gave it another try.

    I'm still on furlough from my job due to the pandemic and I have finally had the time to game the way I've always dreamt of, so I've played DS at least 3-4 hours every day for the past week. I think about it when I'm not playing, I want to play it because of random things I see in tv and movies, and I've been watching the PTT Let's Play in conjunction with my play through, always stopping before I went beyond where I was in my game.

    Spoiler maybe?

    I beat Lord Gywn today, after taking the last few sessions to get all my stuff in order for ng+, and I'm so excited to do it all again. I'll also probably be starting another character at some point, to try a different build. Though I may wait until I get the remaster for the switch, once it goes on sale. And knowing I still have 2 more to dive into is so great!

    Anyway, I just wanted to celebrate with people I think will know what I'm going through. I've been talking my girlfriend's ear off about this game for weeks now, and I love her for listening, but she won't really get it until her first play through lol.

    Praise the Sun!

    submitted by /u/Pianoman011
    [link] [comments]

    TIL You can use arrows to poison the Bell Gargoyles before the fight starts.

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 04:23 AM PDT

    The poison cloud doesn't appear until they drop down but I had no idea this was possible until today!

    I have thousands of hours played at this point and am learning new things all the time.

    submitted by /u/Fawkrin_the_Skulkrin
    [link] [comments]

    A thought

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 10:28 AM PDT

    What if the crow that carries you to the undead asylum is a regular sized crow and the dark souls world is actually toy sized

    submitted by /u/scrote_mcgee
    [link] [comments]

    I just had the most cruel experience in dark souls

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 10:49 PM PDT

    I created a sorcerer class character, was having trouble putting out a lot of damage then I remembered my favorite weapon, the great scythe, so I decided to hop on over real quickly and get it, I decided to get the green titanite too, then I saw a hole, and thought that was the smith I heard about, it was, but I lit the bonfire thinking all the bridges were turned and that I could easily get out, as you could guess, I was wrong VERY WRONG I had suddenly walked onto the set of one of those obstacle course gameshows, weave across the most broken normal enemy in the game, then climb up to an army of skeletons and floating heads, break a wall, dodge a giant skeleton, and then die due to a pyromancer and his 2 immortal skeletons, I was a level 20 sorcerer, I wasn't able to properly use the scythe yet so I was using the mace you get at firelink, I couldn't use my spells because they take too long to cast in areas of 2 inch wide passage ways with 5 million skeletons attacking faster than the speed of light. I have beaten gwyn before, but this... this was too much. I had to make a new character because doing that gauntlet was too stressful.

    submitted by /u/Morganausarus
    [link] [comments]

    I got 2 titanite slabs in a row from the darkwraiths in New Londo..

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 11:35 PM PDT

    Should I consider entering a lottery?

    submitted by /u/thesandwichguy3692
    [link] [comments]

    Bed of Chaos co-op - Praise the Sun

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 02:46 AM PDT

    Saw a summon sign down last night outside BoC - not something you see everyday. Summoned SunBro Ben in, slid down, and easy as pie - I went right, he went left, both arms done. Made it easy to directly run round to the middle, drop down, and end the hideous thing.

    So Praise the Sun, Ben, you are doing the Lord of Sunlight's work - laying down a righteous co-op to help people with a despised boss.

    submitted by /u/7NTXX
    [link] [comments]

    What is your favorite place/location is Dark Souls?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 01:23 AM PDT

    I know most hate this place, but frankly, I really enjoy Blighttown. The enemies above make it tough to get across, requiring you to go slowish. The tall platforms you can fall from, and of course, the swamp below. It mixes together into a nice challenge area, for new players, while still gives a kick to old veterans of Dark Souls.

    submitted by /u/xtraGeona03
    [link] [comments]

    Y’all mind if i make some brief boss rankings?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 06:04 PM PDT

    Ratings:

    1:WOT RU CASUL?

    2:Meh

    3:fun but easy

    4:fun challenge

    5:CANCER (not a hard boss but a cancerous one)

    6:MEGA CANCER: hard and cancerous boss

    7: actually hard:

    25: Pinwheel: 1/7

    24: Asylum demon: 1.5/7

    23:Taurus demon: 2.5/7

    22:Bell gargoyles: 3/7

    21:chaos with quelaag: 3.5/7

    20:Iron golem: 2.5/7

    19:O&S: mix of 5 and 7/7

    18:Dark sun gwyndolyn: 2.5/7

    17:Crossbreed Priscilla: 3/7

    16:Gravelord Nito: 4.5/7

    15:Moonlight butterfly: 2/7

    14: demon firesage: 5/7

    13: Stray demon: 3/7

    12:Capra demon: 5/7

    11: gaping dragon: 2/7

    10:four kings: 4/7

    9: seath the scaleless: 4/7

    8:Bed of chaos: 5/7

    7: Gwyn, lord of cinder: 4.5/7

    6: SIF: 3.5/7

    5: ceaseless discharge: 1.5/7

    4:Sanctuary guardian: 6.7/7

    3:Artorias: 4/7

    2:Manus: 6/7

    1:Kalameet: 7/7

    Honourable mention:

    The camera: 6/7

    submitted by /u/DarkSoulsCasul420
    [link] [comments]

    Are katanas just bad for PvE?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 12:14 AM PDT

    I know this will likely trigger some people, but... let me explain. Katanas in this game feel slow and clunky, while not even providing a lot of damage. I find myself liking curved swords more when it comes to dex builds. I'll say that the extra range option given by the Washing Pole is neat, and that bleed buildup can be pretty useful in PvP (but I personally don't play online). With that said tho, Chaos Blade is worthless, since a chaos infusion on both uchi and iaito is simply superior dps-wise.

    Overall, they don't seem worth it to me. Meh moveset, decent damage and low durability just aren't enough to convince me, at the end of the day. Am I doing something wrong, perhaps?

    Edit: the fact that many of the strongest enemies are resistant to slash damage doesn't help (this also applies to curved swords to be fair).

    submitted by /u/DankyeeterMidir
    [link] [comments]

    Is it weird that I get a high sense of power from killing a black knight without parrying?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 08:02 PM PDT

    I just dealt with the two out of three knights at the asylum, and oh my God do I feel like I'm on top of the world. Where's the third guy so I can destroy him?

    submitted by /u/Cyb3r_Cayde
    [link] [comments]

    Ink Humanity Phantom

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 09:37 AM PDT

    Can now say I've done an SL1 run!

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 04:42 PM PDT

    Gwyn gave me trouble, other than that it was much easier than I thought it would be. Very satisfying to complete. Was thinking of going for DLC, but I think I'll go there in another run, just wanted to get it finished this time.

    Great fun.

    submitted by /u/BlackWolf_357
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls treadmill run run

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 01:32 AM PDT

    COVID closed my gym so to promote self health i've embarked on a quest to run through many videogame worlds.

    I'd appreciate it if anyone had a look at my new and admittedly terrible youtube channel and help promote my fitness goals.

    https://youtu.be/tLvAEJl9kHY

    submitted by /u/Garbagetaste
    [link] [comments]

    Cheese time

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 12:59 AM PDT

    Please I just need to get the very large ember for the cursed artorias greatsword that will get me the knight's honor trophy and I've already killed you at least 10 times in previous playthroughs and I just want to get this done at this point please capra you almost give me heart attacks everytime I fight you and I just want to cheese you but the community will frown upon me please FUCKING DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    Umm... sorry. Just needed to rant.

    submitted by /u/honhahoie
    [link] [comments]

    Got back to Anor Londo!

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 04:26 PM PDT

    Last time i got to Anor Londo with my best friend co op partner was March 19th 2016. Life and a healthy amount of fear got in the way after Sens Fortress. Were going all to finish the Game before the end of the year this time. Absolutely amazing to still be playing this unfinished since it came out. Its true what they say, " Git Gud,"

    submitted by /u/SketchieDemon90
    [link] [comments]

    Will i get banned for this?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 03:36 AM PDT

    I have a hacked save because i am doing the broken sword run by ZeroLenny but if i am playing on a non hacked save online and still have the previously mentioned hacked save on my account will i get banned?

    submitted by /u/Slim_130
    [link] [comments]

    When Should I buy the "Crest of Artorias"?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 06:45 PM PDT

    I don't know what's on the other side, and I don't want it spoiled. I just want to know when I should go there? I'm around the point where you go into Blighttown. And I strong enough? Or is that later game stuff?

    submitted by /u/Phoenix03563
    [link] [comments]

    Bonfires

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 05:29 PM PDT

    Do you activate a bonfire as soon as you find it? I wait because I don't want to feel trapped in a new unfamiliar area. I see my old bonfire as a teleport out of danger and closer to merchants.

    submitted by /u/AtuinTurtle
    [link] [comments]

    DS1, Where to go after defeating butterfly?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 03:06 AM PDT

    Not too sure where to go cause there's the cave with immortal skelies and a water creature that instant kills me

    submitted by /u/ZoroSmash
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best weapon for 99 DEX/99 STR, with excellent damage, speed and moveset?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 02:00 AM PDT

    What is the best weapon for 99 DEX/99 STR, with excellent damage, speed and moveset?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Well, I am very close to finishing the game, currently playing the DLC.
    I need a good weapon with a very good speed, moveset and damage as high as possible.
    I saw some blogs and forums and came to the conclusion that if I wanted maximum damage, I would have to go for the Demon's Greataxe. So, I upgraded that garbage to +15 and grinded till I had 99 STR.
    I have a spectacular Damage output, but the speed and moveset is trash.
    So, I want a weapon with high damage, nice speed and moveset.
    NOTE - I have 99 STR and 99 DEX. Any good weapon will be fine.
    So, please tell me the weapon that meets all the criteria above.
    Thank You!

    submitted by /u/SomeoneElse2817
    [link] [comments]

    Showing some love for Manus

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    I understand boss fights are very subjective, but the Manus fight has got to be one of my favorite boss fights in a long time. I first played DS2 back in 2015 and really enjoyed it, then fell off gaming quite a bit. Started playing through DSR in July (felt like the best contrast for animal crossing fatigue) and got hooked pretty quickly. I knew DS1 was most people's favorite in the series and it was evident why pretty early on, but nothing I had heard prepared me for that first Manus fight. He just kept kicking my ass! He felt so much faster, stronger, and smarter than all of the other bosses. The dark magic totally changes the dynamic of the fight, and the option to use Sif changes it up as well. Of course I got frustrated a few times, but it never felt cheap. From the moment ng+ started, I was thinking of what I could do to make the Manus fight more manageable . Played to max my dex and not sure if it was worth it. I was so pumped for the fight I had to record and decided to make a little video out of it as a bit of a project.

    https://youtu.be/ewRZkc6QlNc

    Obviously not super in depth as I haven't sunk as much time into this series as I would like to, but now I plan on going back to beat/record ancient dragon in DS2, and then either start DS3 or maybe the new demon souls. So pumped that this game is making me want to get a new console solely for playing more of the series. Any suggestions on the next game to play or critique on the video for improvements is welcome.

    submitted by /u/Fliphkd71
    [link] [comments]

    Why can’t I upgrade my great scythe from plus 6 to 10 and above?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 02:02 PM PDT

    I'm a fairly new player and I got the great scythe and reinforced it to plus 6 but I can't go to plus 7 or anything higher and I have the large and very large ember

    submitted by /u/ES_Micro
    [link] [comments]

    I’m having a lot of trouble with lord gwin tips please

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 04:48 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment