• Breaking News

    Thursday, September 10, 2020

    Dark Souls Uh oh... Is every other game awful?

    Dark Souls Uh oh... Is every other game awful?


    Uh oh... Is every other game awful?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 11:21 PM PDT

    So, I beat Dark Souls for the first time a couple months ago. The playthrough was probably the best video gaming experience of my life, at very least top 3.

    Then I tried to play Breath of the Wild. I really tried to keep pushing past a bunch of stuff I wasn't super in to (no permanent equipment means so much grinding and gear management that just doesn't interest me), and there are elements I like but a couple weeks ago I put it down and haven't really had much interest in picking it back up.

    I've tried starting a few more games in the past couple weeks too but nothing has really grabbed my attention at all. Is this forever? I only have a Switch so I can't play the DS sequels/adjacents, and I've heard they aren't as good anyway!!

    So, new character started, managed to take out the Moonlight Butterfly and the Capra Demon without dying and we're headed down into Blighttown.

    And I'd rather be there than anywhere in any of these other dumb games!

    submitted by /u/legendary_cardboard
    [link] [comments]

    I miss Dark Souls

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 07:52 PM PDT

    I still play it all the time, but I miss my first time. I've played so many hours, so many characters, so many play throughs. I honestly don't remember beating it my first time, and I wish I could go back and play it again for the first time. Does anybody else have this same feeling?

    submitted by /u/military_base362
    [link] [comments]

    TIL the asylum demon does a jumping smash if you don't plunge soon enough

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 06:43 AM PDT

    Started as a sorcer and thought I could puck him off with soul arrows. Next thing I know he does a flying/jumping slam to destroy the platform

    Did not expect that......also it amazes me how I've played over 300 hours across 15-20 playthroughs and this game still surprises me

    submitted by /u/jasonryu
    [link] [comments]

    Found a black ball spider looking thing

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 10:18 PM PDT

    I went back to undead asylum and there was this black ball round reddish looking bug thing. I killed it and it dropped twin humanities. Does anyone know what that was. Ive never ever seen anything like it on here before. It kinda looked like a black round version of the twinkling titanite bugs but it was different

    submitted by /u/IceIX9
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Trilogy Compendium!

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 10:20 PM PDT

    Just ordered Dark Souls Remastered and it will be here shortly today: where to start?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 05:33 AM PDT

    So I,m brand new to this whole Souls thing and want to give it a try. I've been watching guide and checking what each stats mean so far, basically doing some research to have a bit of knowledge when I start it later.

    The thing I can't decide though is which one should I start with between the warrior or the knight? I'm planning to run a pure melee class with block/dodge (and even parry/riposte if I can learn that) and saw often that people don't recommend Knight because of the beginning fat roll?

    So what do you guys think for someone's who brand new to all that? Knight or Warrior?

    EDIT: If it can help also I want to mention that on top of going pure melee I'm planning to stick with sword and board, not a big fan of 2 handed weapons. And not of magic too aside maybe from one healing spell if it exists? And maybe a bow for the occasional archer in the distance to make the next battle easier?

    Well okay maybe not THAT pure of a melee after all lol!

    submitted by /u/Urobulus
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an etiquette to invading?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 06:36 PM PDT

    Newb here. First time playthrough of any DS game. I was just wondering if there's an unwritten rule about invading. Like, I'm just trying to beat Ornstein and Smough, all I wanna do is get to the boss door with Solaire. But some OP jerk is always invading me and just destroying me, like cmon. I know I need to 'git gud' but being destroyed by some op invader isn't exactly helping me get better!

    submitted by /u/indiansfever11
    [link] [comments]

    FS and Undead Burg completely empty of enemies - just NPCs

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 01:16 AM PDT

    Has anyone else had this happen? Have done a search but nothing turned up.

    I kindled FS twice more after getting Rite of Kindling then went up to Undead Burg with my 20 estus to get some more Transient Curses from the merchant in the sewer. On my way and throughout Undead Burg (which I then explored) there were no enemies spawned at all apart from the Drake on the bridge.

    I headed down to New Londo and the ghosts and darkwraiths are there as normal. Will head back to Undead Burg later.

    Weird!

    submitted by /u/boredom_victim
    [link] [comments]

    Who the fuck is Sen and why does he have so many pet snakes!?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 09:38 AM PDT

    Is there any repercussion to using boss souls?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 04:09 AM PDT

    How do I get to Anor Londo?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 03:25 AM PDT

    I know I've got to get to sen's fortress, but how exactly?

    BIG EDIT:Sen's fortress is open!!!

    submitted by /u/Flariore3
    [link] [comments]

    The illness runs in the family

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 10:20 PM PDT

    I'm trying to get my brother into Dark Souls. He's not liking it. A hollow of hollows. Poor thing. But what he did that shocked me is he didn't even talk to Oscar, he just murdered him. Whatever illness I have (the one that makes me want to murder all killable life in video games) my brother has too.

    submitted by /u/SeathTheSuccless
    [link] [comments]

    Mission impossible: the gaping dragon

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 07:02 PM PDT

    I'm level 33. A hybrid warrior and mage. I've got the uchigatana+4, and some great soul arrows. I summon knight solaire, I can't summon the dude in gold armor cause I won't talk to him cause he's unsavory.

    And it's impossible. My sword barely hurts it, and the magic arrows aren't much better. Is this shit for real? Solaire doesn't do much of anything then gets vanquished early on.

    What's your advice in this situation?

    submitted by /u/fuckermc
    [link] [comments]

    Estus?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 07:50 PM PDT

    Y'all think the Estus flasks taste like lemonade?

    submitted by /u/fantastic-mr-gloop
    [link] [comments]

    Can I even kill nito before anor londo?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 02:34 AM PDT

    Sorry about my orevious post, I wrote that I killed nito when I was just about to.

    Anyway can I not kill him? And if I can't, now that I'm so far down in the tomb of giants, what should I do, am I really that f**ked now?

    And how do I get to Anor Londo??????!

    BIG EDIT: Made it to Firelink, thanks for the help guys.

    submitted by /u/Flariore3
    [link] [comments]

    Yo nobody told me what else happens when you cut off centipede demon's tail

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 11:36 PM PDT

    If you cut it enough with just the right amount of damage it will continue to live as a worm! I didn't see it do any attacks but it did move and when I hit it again it died for real, giving me the orange charred ring.

    Yo, is this some remaster shit?

    submitted by /u/yommi1999
    [link] [comments]

    Could the Painted World be the broken Arch-Stone from demon souls

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 11:30 PM PDT

    The Painted World is structured like Demon Souls level and I LOVE IT

    I'm a veteran souls player played 1-3 then bloodborne then demon souls going back through dark souls with something other than a tank for once and it's the first time I've realized it.

    For those that don't know demon souls only had one start point (at the beginning of the level) and had tons of shortcuts to get to the boss. I've also realized that many of the enemies are reskins from demon souls like the birds and phalanx enemies.

    Even if this isn't what was originally planned for demon souls final level it could have reused some assets. Also it feels VERY From Software to put a nod to the beginning boss at the end of the game like the phalanx.

    (And I believe the last area was meant to be snow themed)

    While it is locked in the painted world It was the first thing designed for dark souls I believe they placed it their just not to have to cut it since it doesn't fit with dark souls theme too well

    submitted by /u/justjudgmentdragon
    [link] [comments]

    I finished all Dark Souls games without even knowing what a parry was

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 11:37 AM PDT

    There's no major point to this post, it's just some random thought I just had while reading the comments of Gwyn's theme on YT. I've always liked to be a magic user/player when I play a game that allows me to do so, and DS wasn't an exception. So I just started playing but due to that, I never needed to parry anything, even though I used the shield a lot.

    So I finished all bosses in game just with magic, then proceed to beat DS2 and DS3 the same way. When I finished all games I started following different DS communities, including this one and since then I've seen tons of people talking about parries, and specifically about parrying Gwyn. That's how I learned that parrying was a thing in this game lol.

    I don't know if this qualifies as a low effort post, but this is not the first time I think of writting it so I had to do it. I guess I'll add a question while I'm at it: is playing the game only with magic more difficult?

    P.D.: Since English is not my native language, should I say "Sorry for my English" or something similar? It looks like a trend on Reddit. ^_^'

    submitted by /u/IMC00
    [link] [comments]

    Help me

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 08:45 PM PDT

    I have arrived at anor londo and killed the gargoyle and now I'm stuck, I killed the knights and opened the chest, but when I went to the golden fog It did not let me pass should I just trow myself where I killed the Gargoyle in the dead end ?

    submitted by /u/edgardo_galdos
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to play?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 08:25 PM PDT

    I have a ps3 and ps4, and I was wondering if the original version or the Remastered version for ps4 is better. Obviously the graphics would be better in the remaster, but what about performance and gameplay? Any help is welcome, thanks!

    submitted by /u/Skully420boy
    [link] [comments]

    I beat ds1 for the first time

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 01:15 PM PDT

    I'm not really new to the souls series. I've played all the games except for demon souls and I even Platinum bloodborne so I have experience. I picked up ds1 and it amazed me at first. I almost beat the game but I couldn't get past the 4 kings and the nito boss fight so I quit. I picked it up again and beat it in like 3 hours and it feels good to finally beat it.

    submitted by /u/coletropalis
    [link] [comments]

    The hardest "first boss" in the game?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 03:26 AM PDT

    Just curious, what is the hardest first boss you can kill in the game immediately after reached the firelink shrine.

    (Eg: you can kill stray demon, 4 king, sif, quallag right after reaching firelink shrine)

    Anything even crazier?

    submitted by /u/PHLP_N
    [link] [comments]

    With a pyromantic on DS1, should I increase dexterity or strength?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 03:26 AM PDT

    With a pyromantic on DS1, should I increase dexterity or strength?

    submitted by /u/Mortin16
    [link] [comments]

    Einstein

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 05:59 PM PDT

    Today playing Dark Souls with my friend he said we were going to kill Einstein. I couldn't understand what he wanted to say until I figured out he was trying to say ORNSTEIN. I'm never calling that guy Ornstein again.

    submitted by /u/sophi554
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment