• Breaking News

    Thursday, September 10, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 Today i learned an interesting fact

    Dark Souls 2 Today i learned an interesting fact


    Today i learned an interesting fact

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    You can actually kill dragonrider at heide's without even triggering his boss fight. if you have enough arrows and a good damage dealing bow,you can snipe him from the place where the first mechanism ,that raises one of the platforms in his arena,appears. at first i thought my arrows didnt reach cuz they seemed to disappear before reaching him but when i triggered his boss fight he had already a chunk of health missing. so thats that ig :)

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    No death run complete

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 08:01 PM PDT

    Firstly, huge thanks to Otzdarva's guide. Never could have managed it otherwise.

    So I just finished my first ever no death run, I tried it once before about two years ago but got caught in a stunlock from nashandra's laser beam and died in the last five minutes of the game. I feel immensely proud and just really want to share. I feel like I've ascended to a new level of gud.

    Update: I decided to try and kill all the bosses in the game without dying, made it through the lost sinner and bell gargoyles then headed to earthem peak and died to gravity while trying to roll onto that one platform before the covetous demon. Still beat the game without dying and got the ring, but I am kinda sad I died to gravity in the post-game.

    submitted by /u/Valirys-Reinhald
    [link] [comments]

    Did anyone found out whats above covetous demon boss room?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 11:20 AM PDT

    I'm not saying people should cheat , but if anyone has access to those tools they could easily noclip above him or use free cam etc. to find what's above him

    Just wanna know what those stairs lead to :p

    submitted by /u/HollowOrnstein
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t stop wearing Tseldora Set anymore.

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 01:04 AM PDT

    When I wear something else I can't stop thinking about all those souls going to waste. Anybody else ?

    submitted by /u/kronkoft
    [link] [comments]

    Game outro too op fromsoft please nerf

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 06:10 AM PDT

    Completed sotfs for the first time my first dark souls 2 experience, now onto the dlc's, also now that i have completed the base game i would like to know your favourite main game bosses

    submitted by /u/Shubham170501
    [link] [comments]

    Good dex weapons

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 12:27 AM PDT

    This is my first playthrough of sotfs i have not played the original ds2 only ds1, I've reached aldia's keep as of yet so any good suggestions, i am using pate's spear +4, i would like a weapon to powerstance with cause i don't use shields

    submitted by /u/Shubham170501
    [link] [comments]

    Y'all ever notice that the Drake keeper guys or whatever they're called up at the Dragon Shrine can animation cancel?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 07:04 AM PDT

    I only really see it with the great hammer one, but he'll start a combo and switch to a different attack, sometimes mid swing

    submitted by /u/BurgerBob17
    [link] [comments]

    Just fucked my no bonfire run.

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 01:36 PM PDT

    Last boss of the game. Died to Nassandra. Accidentally pressed x near the bonfire after the bonfire. Im fucking idiot. GG.

    submitted by /u/StalinKubrick
    [link] [comments]

    My new video in cosplay Fire Keeper.

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 01:16 PM PDT

    Does anyone know the percent chance of a Pharros Lockstone dropping from a rat

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 01:10 PM PDT

    Rage Post! Coolest Ring, Worst Place IN EXISTANCE

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 12:48 PM PDT

    Why is the coolest ring (Ring of the Living) in the most frustrating and rage inducing place in the entire franchise. I love that ring so I can cosplay and look cool helping people BUT no the stupid Frigid Outskirts with its rage toxic enemies has F****d me off so much I nearly broke my controller. Why didn't they make it so u just buy the ring, stupid part of game, seriously. Anyway rant over.

    submitted by /u/zeeshnomat
    [link] [comments]

    1440p full screen problem.

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 06:37 AM PDT

    I'm going insane here but basically 1440p doesn't work with full screen for some reason or another on my 4k tv.

    Long story short, because of nvidia freestyle which takes a nice chunk away from fps, it isn't really a viable thing on 4k. And for some dang reason only those at or lower than 1080p (besides 4k itself) work on fullscreen. Meaning that resolutions from 1080p to 4k respectively don't work. I even tried changing ds2 ini settings file but it didn't work. It only goes into windowed mode or does nothing when trying to change it in fullscreen.

    Does anyone here have a solution that wont get me a softban?

    submitted by /u/manspider0002
    [link] [comments]

    (PC) DS2 (SOTFS) crashes upon startup, RIGHT after i update discord.

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 12:22 PM PDT

    The game has always worked for the hours on end i have played it, not even 20 minutes ago i updated discord and now, DS2 will open and immediatley stop responding. Can't find traction on this anywhere else online, sadly.

    submitted by /u/Im-8Iswear
    [link] [comments]

    FromSoftware game with the best combat. Poll.

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 12:16 PM PDT

    Amana Priestess just killed a Milfanito...

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 10:56 PM PDT

    I just made my way through the Shrine of Amana and am currently outside the fog gate for the boss. As I entered the building, I dodged one of the Amana Priestess' homing missiles, but it hit the second Milfanito instead and killed her instantly. I am now left very confused.

    Is she important to the game? Is there a way to revive her?

    Thank you!

    Edit: I should also let you know that this just happened like 2 minutes ago. I'm still there and am too afraid to proceed in case I'm screwing something up.

    submitted by /u/Liucipher
    [link] [comments]

    Ds3 player new to DS2. Tips?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 07:27 AM PDT

    Hey guys completed DS3 and bloodborne and loved it.

    Started Scholar of first sin and I'm STRUGGLING which I didn't on the other games. Any tips for a new player? PS I still haven't beat first boss :)

    And what are the main differences between this game and DS3. I'm still unclear on hollowed etc

    submitted by /u/jwbirdy1010
    [link] [comments]

    What build would the Four Monarchs have had in their prime?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 02:21 AM PDT

    I'm just gonna put what their major stats would be and why.

    Vendrick: VIG/END/VIT - He's a literal tank even when hollowed. STR - His swings for you are like a truck! FTH/INT- Vendrick was wise and smart and he also did research and peered into the essence of the soul. Plus he resisted the dark which was Nashandra, and he shoots out a curse orb which we could presume is a hex.

    Ivory King: STR/DEX: Ivory King was from Forossa a place renowned for its fierce warriors. If Vengarl was strong, Ivory King would most likely be above Vengarl in strength. When we fight him he's nimble and agile enough to jump and dash around while carrying an ultra greatsword, the man even does ninja flips.

    INT - Ivory King unlike his fellow Forossans was not barbaric and probably had good wisdom, he did become a good leader after all. If we take Vengarl as an example it required decapitation and a long time of thinking to himself until he acquired Big Brain.

    Sorcery wise we do see him buff his weapon and he probably has high fire resistance after fighting the Old Chaos for so long.

    Sunken King: I cant sink my teeth in this one. We have little info on him.

    Old Iron King: STR: He wielded a mace that requires 50 STR in-game. He probably walked around in heavy iron armor. And if we go by his demonic monster form we can say OIK probably was a strong man

    INT/FTH- OIK was all about giving life to inanimate iron and with his whole molten iron theme going he'd probably have high Fire DMG and Resistance.

    Well at least that's my take on it.

    submitted by /u/LuciferAdeo
    [link] [comments]

    Should I play online or offline.

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 09:17 AM PDT

    I got Dark Souls 3 a few days ago and posted something similar on its subreddit, but it won't run on my laptop, so I got Scholar and Remastered instead. I'm pretty excited because the original Dark Souls is one of my favourite games ever. I had 2 on PS4, but I neverfinished it. I don't really know why, but I just didn't, even though I still enjoyed it.

    Anyway, I just got it, but I don't know how I should play it. Because I was playing the games on PS4 and I don't have PSPlus, I was only playing offline. Going online looks really cool with invading, co-op and things like that, but I'm a bit worried if it will affect my experience. I was happy playing offline before, but it seems to be the default people go for. Should I try online? Or should I stick to offline for my first playthrough? Thanks for any advice.

    submitted by /u/MyOwnNotes
    [link] [comments]

    New player, Need help for my build.

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 08:30 AM PDT

    Hello guys I am new here and was hoping for some help. I played DS1 to ng+4 and DS3 to ng+3 and finally I think it's time for my first time ever playing DS2.

    I usually do quality builds, mixed it up with some Dex/Pyro in Ds1 and Some Dex/Sorcery runs in Ds3 but I never really played a strength or a faith build before so I am really looking forward to trying them in this game.

    So Can you guys recommend me some weapons to choose from, weapon upgrades, state allocations, beginner tips so I can start the the game with a clearer image for my build.

    Thank you and any help is much appreciated.

    EDIT: I want to try doing a STR/Faith build but I never did any so I'd appreciate recommendations for this build.

    submitted by /u/SimplyUnlucky97
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to post Images on /rDarkSouls2

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 07:06 AM PDT

    How to unlock this feature and why is it disabled?

    submitted by /u/Observe-Adapt
    [link] [comments]

    What enemies drop the least amount of souls?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 06:33 AM PDT

    tl:dr, just looking to carefully get a small amount so I don't go over 39,999SM.

    Coop is pretty much dead on pc outside of the first few areas so I did an agape ring rush to farm sunlight medals in cardinal tower, since it's much less boring than endlessly farming falconers. Just trying to get as close to 39,999 memory as possible.

    submitted by /u/d6l66
    [link] [comments]

    Gertrude May Be Velka's Daughter.

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 08:12 PM PDT

    Idk if this is known or not but in DS2 the rusted coin has an angelic winged figure on it and reads:

    "The coin is engraved with the image of a god that was worshipped in ancient times, but no one knows its true origins."

    I personally don't know of any deities mentioned to have wings and look like an angel aside from Gertrude but that's not until way later on in or near to DS3 timeline.

    Ancient times usually means the age of ancients when it is generally thought there were beings who had societies and would have used currency though they lacked the fire of life as of yet.

    If it didn't mean the AoAncients then what DS1 era god had wings? The only thing I can think of is the darklurker and it didn't seem to be a diety at all and it makes no sense that it would be worshipped.

    Actually we see the coins used in and around the DS1 times and presumably the first big functional/pre-curse chunk of the Age of Fire. So that really kinda indicates the ancient times meant the age of ancients and not the DS1 era.

    The only god said to have been around during the time of the ancients is Velka. She is never said to have wings that I know if but is considered to be represented or associated with crows and corvians who do have wings.

    More importantly corvians only grow wings and birds features in attempt to be more like their goddess... so...

    I have long suspected Velka has been having children with other, lesser, deities/diety and couldn't prove it but what else could this mean?

    Velka has black hair and is associated with crows and corvians with black feathers so I'm going to assume she has black wings but breeding with a light lord created the white winged Gertrude.

    Perhaps the lineage this created somehow explains all the feathers in Prince Lothric's area.

    In short, it appears that Gertrude is angelic simply because Velka is the mother. Granted I'm basing this on the fact that there are very few angelic beings so they are likely connected.

    On that note... what if the darklurker was Velka's soul or abyssal form? We don't hear of her having one so who knows how her spiritual aspect works. Idk lol would be wild.

    submitted by /u/Seraphotep
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment