• Breaking News

    Sunday, September 6, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Bed of Chaos

    Being Gravelorded in Anor Londo? Died to Bed Of Chaos for the 100th time? Checked your phone for a second, only to run off a cliff and lose your bloodstain?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My girlfriend drew the mushroom from Darkroot Garden! (link in post)

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    I recently got my girlfriend into Dark Souls (she didn't like it at first, but really got into it at around Sen's Fortress!), and she really bonded with the small mushrooms in Darkroot, so she drew one! Hope you enjoy!

    Her DeviantArt post if anyone's interested: https://www.deviantart.com/bunny-gumm/art/Mushroom-friend-854263171

    EDIT: Thank you all so much for the kind responses! She is so happy reading all the support!

    submitted by /u/darezzi
    [link] [comments]

    Origin of the Painter

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 04:39 AM PDT

    The Painter: "Don't worry, I haven't forgotten, Mother..."

    What "Mother" is she talking about? Why can't she die? And also Painter has reptilian elements. At first, I thought Painter was related to Priscilla, because Priscilla also have reptilian elements, but:

    • Priscilla is mortal, but Painter is immortal
    • Priscilla has a tail, but Painter hasn't tail
    • Painter can create Painted Worlds, but, as Priscilla said[1], Priscilla doesn't create Worlds: Painted World of Ariamis was created by Ariamis, not Priscilla;[1] - Priscilla:"Why could thou not let us be? Didst thou not see why Ariamis created this world*?"*
    • Priscilla is more related to Friede: they walk barefoot, use a scythe as a weapon, use cold magic, become invisible and ask us to leave the painted world.
    • Also Priscilla is related to Yorshka: Yorshka has a tail as Priscilla, and in description of Saint Set (cut Yorshka set) Yorshka is "Crossbreed", and Priscilla is also "Crossbreed".
    • And in the Japanese version, Yorshka is "Half-Dragon", and Priscilla in the Japanese version is "Half-Dragon" too.

    After that, I did more research, and I want to tell you about these discoveries. Now I understand: Painter is a daughter of Velka

    Why do I think so? In the center of the Painted World of Ariamis, there is a statue of a woman with a child. Statue hasn't tail, and this is not a statue of Priscilla.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EfxDXgqX0AAX3JY?format=jpg&name=medium

    Painteds Worlds related to Velka, and indeed, in Painted Worlds we find:

    • Velka's rapier.
    • Oswald's set, who was a servant of Velka.
    • "Vow of Silence" - Velka's miracle.
    • Velka's rapier deals occult damage, and in the Painted World of Ariamis we find Dark Ember, which is used to modify Divine weapons into Occult weapons.
    • Crow Demons(corvians) which related to Velka, lives here.

    Therefore, it's probably a statue of Velka. Moreover, Velka looks the same, statue of Velka from DSIII: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eg61e7dWoAM8pum?format=png&name=small

    And Painter looks the same!

    And same statue "a woman with a child" is in the Painted World of Ariandel: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eg65sV6XcAIG1nT?format=jpg&name=large

    This Statue is located in the building where Painting Girl is located!

    Statue without head... And the headless statues are in the building where Painting Girl is imprisoned! [on the first floor] https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eg66jTeX0AMQNoT?format=jpg&name=large

    So, Painting Girl - daughter of Velka! And she is immortal, because she is the daughter of the Goddess!

    So, who is father of Painting Girl? Ariamis, like the Painting Girl, created the Painted Worlds, so Ariamis was probably her father. We don't know what Ariamis looked like, possibly as a reptile, and Painter inherited reptilian elements from her father.

    I may be wrong, so treat this as an alternative point of view.

    submitted by /u/Draxoneli
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for players in DS PTDE?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 11:18 PM PDT

    Hiya, I started playing this game again, never actually got past the first few bosses, I heard remaster wasn't as good so I kinda wanna play the original one and then compare. Are people still playing this one? If so, where?

    submitted by /u/YazuboWins
    [link] [comments]

    The Dark Soul is not opposed to the Age of Fire; AKA Kaathe is a damned liar.

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 07:07 PM PDT

    This may be a "well, duh" to some, but I'm reacting to some of the unspoken assumptions I glean from this subreddit and the associated communities.

    In discussing the lore of the First Flame, and particularly the choices available at the end of the games, I feel there is a tendency to view the Age of Man/Age of Dark and thereby the Dark Soul of man as antithetical or opposite to the Age of Flame.

    This is no doubt due in part to the way that Kaathe and the Age of Dark ending frames themselves as an counterpoint to Linking the Fire. However, looking back at the metaphysics, there scant proof or evidence that Humanity, the Dark Soul (massed Humanity) or the Abyss ("wild humanity" per Artorias DLC, something to do with Lifedrain per base game) are opposed to the Age Of Fire, that is, the state of the world wherein the First Flame burns bright and strong.

    We have only Kaathe's word (and the very vague Dark Lord ending) to hint that mankind is subjugated by the Age of Fire or would inherit their own age after the Fire dies.

    "Sure, PirateKing," I hear you saying because I have very good hearing, "but absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence; what is there to say that this isn't the case?" And to you I say "Good question," and nod approvingly. The evidence is simple, but I think very compelling when you look at what it says and where it comes from.

    The Dark Soul is intrinsic to the Age of Fire. The Dark Soul is one of the Lord Souls that was born from the First Flame, and thus just as strongly connected with the Age of Fire as the colloquially named Light, Life and Death souls. The Age isn't called the Age of Light, after all. Dark and Light are equally part of the age of Fire, and it is only the psychological sleight of hand (in and out of universe) that suggests Gwyn is cognate to Fire instead of Light that portrays Dark as opposed to the Fire.

    I don't have a pithy conclusion, only asking that if you have thoughts on what this paradigm shift might imply or reveal, please comment below!

    TL;DR The Dark Soul, being the fourth lord soul, is just as much a part of the Age of Fire as Gwyn, Nito and Izalith's Lord Souls, and Darkness, Humanity and the Abyss are therefore not instrinsically opposed to the Age of Fire.

    submitted by /u/PirateKingOfPenzance
    [link] [comments]

    Found a real life purging stone

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 02:37 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/gallery/5cMNu9p

    Maybe the folks over at r/Eldenring could use one of those

    submitted by /u/Russell12349
    [link] [comments]

    Praise the sun, even irl

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 08:12 PM PDT

    Was riding down the highway and saw a Solaire sticker on the back of a chosen undead's truck. Had to hang out the window and praise the sun for him and he obliged with one as well.

    Praise the sun skeletons!

    submitted by /u/Dont_go_hollow
    [link] [comments]

    Grogus - Four Kings, metal group set in dark souls

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 03:08 AM PDT

    Goofed

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 09:41 PM PDT

    I killed Nito before realizing I locked myself out of getting the paladin leeroy set with grant. Anyone feeling super generous to someone on their first playthrough who didn't know mind giving me the set? Or at least a cleric set?

    submitted by /u/WearyPaladin
    [link] [comments]

    Few questions about the DkS Remaster

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 09:40 PM PDT

    Was the crazy feet bug ever patched? Basically, when you roll or flip the character's feet are all messed up during the frames. Also, how is the PvP activity? This is one of my fav games of all time, I had around 3k hours on Xbox 360. I was ecstatic when I learned about the remaster, but to be honest the quality seems pretty disappointing. For that reason, I never did give it a try. I've been having an itch and wanted to ask these questions before I decide to pick it up. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/SpirasGuardian
    [link] [comments]

    I beat Manus SL1!

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 07:57 AM PDT

    https://youtu.be/MGaBnx4xn7g

    I got into this game over quarantine and I'm attempting my first SL1 run now with all the bosses. Going well so far, but I still have Kalameet and Gwyn to beat.

    submitted by /u/pb429
    [link] [comments]

    Warping and the DLC

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 03:55 AM PDT

    I just got to the dlc area and was wondering if I can warp in and out of there? I do have the Lord Vessel, of course!

    submitted by /u/kedi_yavru_
    [link] [comments]

    Just arrived at Anor Londo

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 05:18 PM PDT

    Definitely has to be one of my favorite views in any game, rivaling God of War 2018 some gorgeous sunsets I got on Planetside 2 (back when I played that a lot).

    Just wanted to share. Most of you know this but still.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/LV0PkDL

    submitted by /u/SaltyShrimpPasta
    [link] [comments]

    What makes Dark Soul’s story and storytelling work?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 04:15 AM PDT

    I was wondering why it was able to basically make people famous just because of it and why many people like to discuss it.

    I'm mostly curious since this is the only game I know of that has people trying to find out all the lore and debate about it.

    submitted by /u/Left-Ad-9298
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Gwyn's children (MAJOR SPOILERS)

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 10:59 PM PDT

    Been playing DSR and thought of something: Why exactly does Gwyndolyn being more intune with the moon require him to be raised as a woman? Is it a matter of the boys having to be in line with the sun? If that's the case, why isn't Gwenevere a problem for NOT being strong with the moon? Did Gwyn just want both of them to have sun powers or something? Are the dragons using the moon or something, and Gwyn doesn't want association with it or something? Does he just not want Gwyndolyn? I'll admit, my understanding of the lore gets pretty muddy in several spaces, but this is just something that makes no sense no matter how I look at it.

    submitted by /u/IndependentLobster27
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat Dark Souls for the first time

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 08:37 AM PDT

    I wish I could say something that hasn't already been said about this game. To me, it was just perfect. Not the game itself, but the experience of the game.

    I ended up deleting all my circlejerking praise for it because it has all been said before many times over, but I just needed to get my enjoyment of this game out into the ether. I know the people here understand how it feels to play and beat this game. I didn't want it to end. I could have played it forever.

    On to Dark Souls 2!

    submitted by /u/maddskillz350
    [link] [comments]

    Why is there a chest with a dragon scale behind the lower Blighttown bonfire?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 06:42 PM PDT

    How do I open the gate where you first meet onion bro

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 01:51 AM PDT

    Bottom text

    submitted by /u/meno1127
    [link] [comments]

    Sanctuary Guardian

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 09:54 PM PDT

    I've completed several play throughs with little difficulty on most bosses. Started a new character build, pretty much a pure int sorcerer and can't for the life of me beat this guy. I've never played the DLC, maybe I should just come back when I'm stronger? Any suggestions? He's so damn quick and I can only get about 1/2 of his health down in one fight.

    submitted by /u/lastaaronman
    [link] [comments]

    Remastered vs prepare to die

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 09:36 PM PDT

    so i have a lot of time logged into ds, i got into it while it was still relatively unpopular in the days of 3rd party consol pr9grams and the summoning glitch fix.

    Question: are there still people in the old version? I really dont want to buy one of my favorite games again and have all my characters erased.

    submitted by /u/Tit_Save
    [link] [comments]

    I killed Seath before freeing Logan from Sen’s. Can I still get Crystal Magic Weapon?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 09:27 PM PDT

    As the title says. He just hangs out at Firelink. I've tried going back to the Archives but I can't find him anywhere. Is my spellsword build fucked?

    submitted by /u/mountaintop-stainer
    [link] [comments]

    I really love this game so far, but I also take frequent breaks after accomplishing something to savor the moment, is that weird?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 07:05 PM PDT

    Sometimes when I've played for like an hour or so and got to the next bonfire or beaten a boss, I'll quit for a little while to do something relaxing. As much as I love the big difficulty and rewarding feeling of progress, playing for long periods of time can be a bit much mentally for me sometimes and I like to sit proudly on an achievement for a little while and go into the next area with a fresh head. Do you guys also do the same or do you just play in big chunks of time?

    submitted by /u/KilluaDab
    [link] [comments]

    Everyone talking about how nice Solaire is but forger about Laurentius of the Great Swamp

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 07:46 AM PDT

    He is in my opinion just as nice as Solaire. Super friendly and helpful. I wish more people would talk about him.

    submitted by /u/meme_baron
    [link] [comments]

    Secret to Taurus demon

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 04:06 PM PDT

    Just started my first ds1 run after beating ds3 and almost beating sekiro. Really digging it a lot, the slow pace is a fun change. I got to the Taurus demon and I know what he's about already so I'm not worried. I keep my shield up whe he hits, recover and hit once, maybe twice.

    This strategy is working great. He's done damage to me maybe 3 times. He's got about a 1/4 of health left, when he launches me off the bridge. Now I know he's scared. Herbert Sherbert (my character) gets his power from others fear.

    So I go back up to the scaredy cat for round 2. This time Herberts got a new strategy. Enough of this pussy footing around! We are going straight into the danger zone. Herbert places him self directly in front of The demons crotch. Like head to head, and The demon is so shook he can't even connect a single blow. Herbert is just driving his forehead into the demon's crotch and wailing with his sword, and there's nothing ole TD can do about it.

    Sure, TD would back up for space, or get lucky with a glancing blow. But, none of it slows Herbert down. Herbert's head is back in TD'S crotch before you can say his full name (Herbert Sherbert).

    Moral of the story is this. When fighting the taurus demon. Move your character directly into his crotch and stay there the whole fight. The massive display of dominance absolutley breaks the demon's spirit.

    submitted by /u/Bigbrocklesnarfan311
    [link] [comments]

    Katana build going strong

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 12:05 PM PDT

    Some of you may remember I asked for some help regarding what katana to use etc... a few weeks back!?! Well here's how it's gone so far...

    I went straight to the undead merchant got the key etc... and killed his ass for sweet Yulia. In no time I had killed the black knight with Parries, demolished Havel with more parties and taken out the Taurus Demon with a little gold pine resin for good measure. I got to the Gargoyles and did a little friendly cooperation to get some souls before +5-ing the Uchi. The Gargoyles didn't stand a chance.

    I thought it would be good to do Capra, get to the depths for the large ember and farm some large titanium next. The slimes were in a good mood and I got a green and large titanium nearly every run.

    A little more jolly co-op and I demolished the Gaping dragon. Next led me on the arduous path through blight Town to the Iaito and on to Queelag. Somehow I did the entire lot in 1 run, even getting ganked by 7 skeleton wielding morons on my way to collect power within didn't stop the ninja train. A lot of luck and some super fast Uchi play destroyed everything in my path.

    Queelag fell to myself and Mildred although my player summons died 3 hits from the end. Ceaseless fell to his death after giving up on life. And I had a tonne of souls, a back pack full of titanite and a bounce in my step as I headed back to Andre to +10 the uchi, +6 the Iaito and start through Sen's.

    The fortress fell, Iron golem fell (literally, off the edge) and I headed to the sun soaked city of Anor Londo. My greatest test ensued... those bloody painted guardians (and gravity) killed me with lock on 3 times before I made it all the way across the rafters and up to the bonfire in one run. The RNG gods were on my side for that one.

    S&O were sliced and diced into a tasty casserole, the Iaito was +10, the Uchi was now a Chaos Blade and nothing could stand in my way. I felt invincible. Surely sunlight blade would be a good idea? Sure was! I got some extra souls from the moonlight butterfly, Sif 😢 and Gwyndolin to level my faith and took a little detour via Blight town (to get the washing pole) and the 4 kings for Kaathe's take on things before venturing to The Dukes Archives.

    I was smashed, squashed and flattened by the first boar 3 times before I remembered to use sunlight blade. 3 hits and he was Sunday dinner, his brother was hog roast in seconds. Then I realised that an awesome weapon is no match for crystal shoulder charges, especially when they were buffed by the channeller. I managed to get to the blue golem for the "key" to the DLC when i realised i hadn't killed the hydra and had wasted a small amount of time, 10,000 souls and 10 humanity on a pointless endeavour.

    Needless to say I have now travelled to the Darkroot Garden to killed the hydra and the golden golem for good measure. That's as far as I have got for now.

    I have played a lot of different builds and though I think the Lucerne and Great Axe have been my favourites so far this is proving to be one hell of a journey. I think once I've passed Artorias and Manus I will know where this run truly lies but if You have never tried it I would strongly recommend katanas for anyone. The bleed wrecks some bosses so quickly its a joke.

    submitted by /u/H4ndsomeHob0
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment