• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 2, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 11:07 PM PDT

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on O&S solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Asylum Demon (Pixel Art)

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 09:55 AM PDT

    Just some fan art of our favorite thicc boi

    https://imgur.com/a/hgS9PXt

    submitted by /u/SJpixels
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 3 has the "tree jump", Dark Souls 2 has the "cardinal tower" jump; what "jump" does Dark Souls 1 have?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 07:31 PM PDT

    I mean a jump that you can do to access stuff that you normally couldn't until later in the game.

    submitted by /u/Torantes
    [link] [comments]

    Love for this community

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 01:15 AM PDT

    Love this reddit more than any other gaming one I think. People always answer and are really helpful, compared to other ones where you might get one answer if you're lucky and that most probably is some kind of sarcastic one. I am in my first playthrough now and have had some questions here and I have gotten none other than top class responses. Kudos to you and praise the sun (even though I have no idea what it means, only see people have written it in the game hehe)

    submitted by /u/ResponsibleAthlete4
    [link] [comments]

    I feel lost and alone in this game.

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 10:00 PM PDT

    I'm a new player of Dark Souls, I've been playing it for two months and I don't know what to do, everywhere I go there's thousands of enemies more stronger than me, my sword does nothing of damage to the bosses or the mini bosses around the map, my armor doesn't protect me at all, and I like that, I think that is what the game wants me to feel, loneliness, fear, feeling that I am nothing in this vast world full of evil and enemies much stronger than me, I'm excited to keep playing this game and this saga, if I don't give up and if I'm be able to beat all the bosses.

    submitted by /u/firstragedy
    [link] [comments]

    I drew Artorias (Original Piece by JLIEN)

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 02:44 AM PDT

    This one was quite the undertaking to make

    https://imgur.com/gallery/La0EBwC

    submitted by /u/NekroVorimos
    [link] [comments]

    Found an old sketch of Artorias

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 02:19 PM PDT

    Here's the sketch. I should probably draw him again in color.

    submitted by /u/Korewa8Man
    [link] [comments]

    Finished Dark Souls for the first time and I'm absolutely buzzing! Need to write down my thoughts and experiences, what I loved about the game, what I disliked and some advice for new players

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 02:10 AM PDT

    As a bit of background, I've played all the Souls games (including Bloodborne) and the only one I finished was Demon's Souls, and that was more from cheesing bosses and relentless determination rather than any kind of skill or ability. Furthest I ever got in DS was Anor Londo. I recently watched IGN's Prepare to Try (amazing series, check it out!) and decided to give it another go. This time, I bought it for the Switch so I could play on my lunchbreak at work.

    I used the Cleric Knight build (https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/8m6n19/the_best_pve_build_in_dark_souls_become_a_cleric/) and finally beat the game this morning!

    A little bit on the notorious difficulty of the game. As I had played the game previously, I decided to use a guide this time as I was determined to beat it and wanted to give myself the best possible chance. I'm sure Dark Souls purists would claim that this was cheating, but the game is designed for collaboration between players (leaving messages, summoning etc) and so I don't feel too guilty about it.

    As it turns out, playing with a guide actually made the game a ton more fun for me as it encouraged me to go to places and try things I would never normally have considered. It was as if I was being sent on these epic side quests that the game never explicitly told me to do, yet it felt like the game was designed to be played this way. The game is undoubtedly a difficult one, and is especially brutal to players who don't know all the ins and outs of levelling, weapon upgrades and item locations. However, it feels like there is actually an easy solution to every difficult area, as long as you know the secret to it. It was absolutely masterfully done, and not something you see very often in games.

    Here's a couple of examples:

    1. I was really struggling against the 4 kings. I consulted a guide that recommended tanking it with Havel's armor. So, I started on this epic side quest back to Anor Londo to visit the secret room behind the fireplace. This is something I never would have known or experienced unless I read the guide. I returned to 4 kings and beat them the very next try.

    2. I was struggling, and wanted to level up my strength to improve my Mace. Levelling seemed to be taking a long time, so I consulted a guide and found out about the Covetous Silver Serpent Ring. So, I went on another epic side quest to get it, and then to the painted world (never would have known it existed without the guide) to level up.

    There are countless examples of me hitting a brick wall, consulting a guide, learning about some new item or area I never knew existed and going on a journey to get them. It's like every difficult area has a secret solution if you're not able to beat it the old fashioned way. In my opinion, it was an absolutely fantastic way to play the game and it stopped me from ever getting too disheartened or too frustrated.

    For me, the highlights were:

    1. I summoned Solaire and another player to help with O&S. Again, I'm sure purists would say that this was cheating, but it was so epic. I was taking on Ornstein with my bro Solaira, and it was tense as hell. As I was battling, I kept catching glimpses of the other player in the background dueling with Smough. It just felt so awesome to have this collaborative battle together and helping each other out. He'd run over to me if it looked like I was struggling, and vice versa. It was kind of like the Praetorian Guards fight in The Last Jedi (https://youtu.be/C3HMz25LvnY?t=14).

    2. I really wanted Solaira to survive and help with Gwyn, so I consulted the guide on how to have him survive. Again, this sent me on an epic side quest that I never would have known about. It was absolutely nerve wracking as I approached Gwyn as I wasn't sure I had done everything right, but I saw his summon sign and just felt such a sense of relief. We defeated Gwyn together, side by side.

    And now for the netative - I don't think the game respects the players time. There were some bosses that were too far from a bonfire and just felt tedious to get too. I have zero problems with the game being difficult and having to retry a boss, but I don't think it's necessary to have to make the 5 minute trudge to them each time. I didn't gain anything from having to make my way back there every time, nor did it enhance the experience in any way. In fact, I usually just put a video/podcast on my phone whilst I did it.

    So in summary, I think this is an absolutely fantastic game that has a unique approach to difficulty that I don't think I've ever seen so masterfully callibrated. Yes, the game can be extremely difficult but it's like a puzzle. There's almost always a solution to the puzzle that makes it much easier. I completed it, and I wouldn't say I was a particularly skilled gamer. In fact, I never even parried once. If you're a new player who's struggling, I would say don't feel ashamed to consult a guide or summon for help. It helped me get the most ouf of the game, see and do things I didn't realise were possible and stopped me from ever getting too frustrated or disheartened.

    submitted by /u/Mrpoedameron
    [link] [comments]

    I'm thinking about my own Dark souls NPC

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 10:17 PM PDT

    I like to think about fun ideas like this and I'd like to think mechanically about my own NPC and have tried fitting them into the game. I cannot mod or do anything and it's purely for fun so I have some questions.

    Where would be a good place for someone to hide away from the horrors of the world? You'd probably find them early on and coudl easily ignore them and they'd jsut hollow out. (I'm thinking before first bell or atleats before both)

    Which civilization would best suit an artist who wants to explore but is scared? I know it could be any but I was mostly trying to not have them from "nowhere land"

    what if there was an NPC that you'd give items such a the "binoculars" and maybe a "compass" or "unused paper" and in exchange gave oyu hints to areas or the locations of things?
    I was thinking of giving a map but I feel like thats something they could want to achieve if you help them survive.

    I would want them to be aggainst any level of killing and use a hat that drapes oevr them that silences them and hides them so they coudl move around but while in it they cannot fight (I e this is what they'd drop. or somehting like this... Somethign not powerufl but utility based iss always fun)

    Lastly which boss is the most "beautiful" of them all? I feel like a fun challenge would be that they woudl want ot join you for a boss fight and just be sketching in the corner.

    submitted by /u/Scorsheep
    [link] [comments]

    I really can’t tell if I dislike Blighttown or Sen’s Fortress more...

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 01:12 AM PDT

    I recently started playing DSR on the switch. I played DS1 and 2 multiple play throughs when they came out and but haven't played any of them in 5 or more years.

    When booting this game up and starting again, all I could think was "Blighttown is coming. Ugh". I have so many memories of that being the worst part of the game for me. I didn't even remember much of SF. But now I'm deep in SF and I hate this place WAY more.

    I don't know if I'm just old and rusty or need to get gud again. Maybe I just unintentionally blocked out the past memories of hating SF. I really don't know. But I've died here way more times than I did in Blighttown and I am so glad I am nearing the end of this place.

    submitted by /u/Doktimusprime
    [link] [comments]

    I killed Petrus of Thorolund

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 03:44 AM PDT

    Nobody else was around , but now when I go to firelink shrine , Vince Nico and Reah all attack me.

    I went back to the parish and paid Oswald 19000 souls to absolve my sin and they still attack me.

    What should I do?

    submitted by /u/TheForceIsWithBrew
    [link] [comments]

    Halp

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 11:56 PM PDT

    Anyone have any crafty Dark Souls ideas for Fathers Day

    If u do feel free to tell me.

    Asking for a friend.

    submitted by /u/OkGrape6040
    [link] [comments]

    Help With Manus

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 06:32 PM PDT

    I've been fighting manus for about 3 days now and I just can't beat him I would like some help (Xbox 1)

    submitted by /u/Reinhardt5
    [link] [comments]

    I've hit a mental wall with this game and it sucks.

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 02:44 AM PDT

    First time playing through any of the Soulsbourne games. Bought DS1 Remastered about a month ago and fuck me this was the best game I've played. Or at least I thought. Last week I got through ornstein and smough solo which gave me a solid woody for about three days. Now I did hear that the second half of the game was pretty rubbish but didn't really pay any attention to it up until this point.

    After finishing that I moved onto New Londo Ruins which was fine I didn't have any negatives, got through the four kings first try ( black knight + 4) which was fund didn't mind the fight at all.

    AND THEN IT ALL FELL APART! ceaseless discharge is as lame as my actual discharge, fire demon was a joke, then pinwhee... well that speaks for itself. and then the bed of chaos which honestly i would kill and anchor, die and repeat until dead which was shit. Im at dukes archives now and to be honest the game has completely lost my interest. I actually don't want to play anymore.

    Then a friend fucked me up for me by saying "now that I think about it like 80% of the bosses are actually shit". Fuck me did this ring true. Even though I liked the Sif fight, its shit, moonlight butterfly , taaurus Demon, Capra, Pin wheel, Four kings looking back at it was a useless fight and even bell gargoyle is rubbish thinking about it.

    Has this happened to anyone else? And if so did it change facing nito or cinder?

    I am actually satisfied with leaving my progress and moving on.

    submitted by /u/digitaljoey
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone notice the Dark Souls meme video in NVIDIA's reveal today?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 12:00 PM PDT

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ALEXVtnNEwA

    At the 29 minute mark, take a close look at the example for content creators!

    submitted by /u/injo44
    [link] [comments]

    Can we all agree that asylum demon is the best waifu?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 01:05 PM PDT

    I mean come on guys it's a fact you can't disagree with not only is asylum demon thicc but he also has a giant hammer to smash you with name another souls waifu that lets you smash I'll wait.

    submitted by /u/Whyusertakenlied
    [link] [comments]

    Pick up your damn bloodstains, guys!

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 04:46 PM PDT

    A black vagrant just cost me my hard earned humanity in the Kiln. Anyway, expect a vagrant soon. It spawns near the 3rd black knight.

    submitted by /u/TheLichBitch
    [link] [comments]

    Anor Londo average SL

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 02:29 AM PDT

    What level is the average for Anor Londo? Im trying to make a healer build for my friends first playthrough and need to get to dukes archives for the healing miracles and my character is very underleveled and i cant summon for O&S, so i was thinking about leveling up a bit for summons.

    submitted by /u/j_t_618
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need to restart?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 02:22 AM PDT

    I am currently playng my way through, I have just beaten the Bell Gargoyles and am onto the Capra Demon. I unfortunately wasted the Fire Keeper soul. My twitch chat informed me I needed it afterwards and then all pretty much told me to restart, I am making a YouTube series on the game so really don't want to restart?

    submitted by /u/Matticus_100
    [link] [comments]

    [DSR] Help me with this please

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 01:30 AM PDT

    Im making a cooperation build should I stop at level 150, 120 or 80?

    submitted by /u/I_am_-Gl4d1at0r
    [link] [comments]

    I beat the game! And the boss that killed me the most...

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 03:44 PM PDT

    The stupid dogs along side of the Capra Demon. I think it took me upwards of 30-40 tries to figure out how to cheese that mini-boss that I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO DEFEAT.

    All in all, this game was a blast! It took about 40 hours of playtime for everything to 'click' for me, and the help of a lovely twitch watcher who explained a few key details I wasn't understanding. After the leveling system and the item descriptions made sense I was able to swiftly go through almost every main end-game boss in the next 10 hours of the game with a few extra hours at the very end to grind some twinkling titanite.

    Can't way to play through NG+ and start DS2 now!

    Best of luck out there fellow undead, and don't you dare go hollow!

    submitted by /u/The_Meadiator
    [link] [comments]

    Any parry masters around? Stuck on Ng+ Gwyn (ps4) DSR

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 01:25 AM PDT

    Hoping maybe someone can aid me in this fight, Ive been at it for about 10 hours.

    I cant seem to land any parries for the life of me (even with the parrying dagger) so I get about 3 hits in before he rocks my goat back to the bonfire, only to fail again and again.

    Cheers

    Edit: Beat him. Through a stroke of luck, I managed to parry the 2nd hit of his 3-hit combo.

    submitted by /u/MeanToasty
    [link] [comments]

    I killed Crossbreed Priscilla, SRRY I GUESS

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 12:59 AM PDT

    Why do I do dick all for damage?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 09:08 PM PDT

    So I've beaten the game multiple times before, pretty always using pure strength builds. I wanted to try something different so I went for a faith build. The issue is I'm doing fuck all for damage.

    https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/647133

    There's my build, I'm pretty confident that I'm optimized properly for my weapon, but when I started the DLC I'm hitting every boss for only around 100 damage per hit. I'm currently hitting Manus, a boss I actually beat the very first time I ever fought him with my original Greataxe/Greatshield build, for a measly 105. I'm capped out on my weapons primary scaling stat, so why am I tickling everything?

    Edit: Forgot to add, my weapon is fully upgraded

    Edit, again: Just best him on the 4th go. I swapped out replenishment for lightning spear and put on Ring of the sun's firstborn. Lightning spear and WoG got to around 60%, chipped away at him with the axe from there. TBH it was more tedious than difficult.

    submitted by /u/Airtightspoon
    [link] [comments]

    i did download ds without dlc's can i download the dlc and but it in the game

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 12:39 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment