• Breaking News

    Friday, September 11, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Fuck this fucking giant sentient broom god-fucking-damnit.

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 01:55 PM PDT

    to the guy in DSR who invaded me twice in a row and gave me 10 Great Hero souls the second time around

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 11:30 AM PDT

    thank you and sorry for going down like a dumbass the second time; I want to say I'm usually better at parrying but honestly I'm just not great at the game.

    I've never met a peaceful invader, so that was a super cool experience. It's amazing how kind veteran players in this community can be to total strangers.

    submitted by /u/lamoonmage
    [link] [comments]

    Why do I feel the need to pick up every single item in every single play through even if it’s a terrible weapon I’ll never use?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 04:47 PM PDT

    If I see a shiny I have to pick it up. That's the bottom line. I'll die multiple times in a row trying to get something that's totally useless because if I don't I feel like I'm leaving the game unfinished. I kind of wish they had put a rating system at the end of the game that took item discovery into account so I could at least have something to show for collecting every stupid item.

    submitted by /u/peartposer
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls is a game about soup and a really cool hat

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 04:31 AM PDT

    Hello fellow undead, I make videos on the souls games and would like to put forward my proposal for your consideration that Dark Souls is really about soup and a really cool hat. Video evidence provided, thank you for coming to my unTED Talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22Cb6Gj1GFM

    submitted by /u/dedWest
    [link] [comments]

    It makes me sad to see people ignoring Souls 1 nowadays.

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 05:39 PM PDT

    I feel like a lot of people miss out on a lot of background and development, both in lore and also in the progression of the series itself (such as in gameplay), by skipping 1 and 2 and jumping to 3. Does anyone agree with this sentiment? Can anyone attest to why people do this?

    submitted by /u/Ultimagus536
    [link] [comments]

    I accidentally hit Siegweyer in Anor Londo.......

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 03:22 AM PDT

    After I fought the 2 silver knights on the roof, I descended down the stairs, I was still fight of flight mode, when I saw Siegweyer I thought he was a silver knight, because of the reflectivity, so I sprinted at him and swung my black Knight sword at him, realization of what I just did hit me like a truck, I was unfortunately forced to kill him......never wanted to kill myself so hard in my fucking life.

    submitted by /u/SvenRock123
    [link] [comments]

    I was today years old when I learned...

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 09:37 PM PDT

    A few things I was never privy to that came to light while I was farming for weapons for the Knight's Honor and Enchanted Weapon achievements is DSR.

    1) If you have a duplicate sorcery, pyromancy, or miracle, you can attune both and double your castings.

    2) In the Crystal Cave, I never flippin knew that when you drop down onto the second invisible walkway heading to Seath's arena, that if you bust an immediate 180, there's a tunnel with 3 crystal lizards and ANOTHER invisible walkway that leads to a blue titanite slab. Wtf.

    3) If you die in dark Anor Londo (I was farming the two silver knights for their spear in the room across from the most vicious titanite demon in the game), you automatically get sent to the inactive bonfire regardless of warping to and resting at the Chamber of the Princess bonfire.

    I have been playing DS1 off and on since it's release in 2011 and this game still keeps coming with surprises.

    Fuck you From Soft. But I love you. But fuck you.

    submitted by /u/SmashusK
    [link] [comments]

    Texture Pack

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 04:11 AM PDT

    Hi guys.

    I installed DsFix and a texture pack, but now the game is staggering once every couple of seconds. Did anyone else experience the same issue?

    Praise the sun

    submitted by /u/PaleThingYHWH
    [link] [comments]

    Serious question

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 02:06 AM PDT

    Can i somehow light the main anor londo bonfire it its firekeeper is already gone

    submitted by /u/JimHawkins16
    [link] [comments]

    How's the player base activity on Xbox? Would it be worth it to buy the game on another platform for more activity?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 01:51 AM PDT

    Dark Souls: Remastered on Xbox One

    submitted by /u/Excalibur0126
    [link] [comments]

    I finally get to play this gem!

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 12:11 AM PDT

    Hello, to you all you glorious bastards! A friend of mine, God bless his soul, was kind and generous enough to gift me dark souls remastered, and now finally after fantasying about for over 6 months, I finally get to enjoy the original journey!

    Now, the previous experience i had with the franchise was dark souls 2. I played it over 200 hours and finished it 6 times, whilst loving every second of it.

    Now, my question today is this: as the dark souls 2 player, what are the differences between Dark souls remastered and dark souls 2, and what should I look out for?

    thank you for your attention! have a great day!

    submitted by /u/ShinigamiOfPast
    [link] [comments]

    How are you supposed to beat flipping Havel monsters?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 11:29 PM PDT

    I don't understand what I'm supposed to do when I do 0 damage to them, can't stagger them, and are also slower than them. They're able to roll out of anything I do on reaction, and are also tankier and deal more damage than me. If I don't do anything they just stand there and wait, if I do something they just roll past it. WTF am I supposed to do about this?

    submitted by /u/Airtightspoon
    [link] [comments]

    What should I do before fighting Gwyn?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 09:42 PM PDT

    This is my second playthrough, (NG, not plus, since I wanted to change character). I defeated all the bosses (not Priscilla, because I have a heart), and I was wondering if there's something more I should do before fighting Gwyn. Overall I cleaned almost all the zones, and just left some stupid objects in blighttown and other annoying areas.
    What do you do in general before beating the game? Consider that I'm not sure about starting a NG+, so I'm not sure I want to kill all the NPCs.
    I've already started the NG+ with my first character, but never finished it, because I can't literally deal with the 4 Kings. In NG+ they are broken. Maybe I can think about finishing that playthrough, but in that case I would need any good advice to fight them (platform ps3).

    submitted by /u/Sir-Teen13
    [link] [comments]

    Stop begging for free stuff

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 07:46 PM PDT

    I've seen a couple people doing it the last few days and it's annoying. Stop asking for handouts. If you want to TRADE for something, then make it an actual trade and give up something in return.

    Rant shall cease.

    submitted by /u/SaltyShrimpPasta
    [link] [comments]

    Is the pvp still active in the original ds1 and ds2.

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 04:28 AM PDT

    The only console I have right now is the xbox 360. I can't buy anything else and the only souls games I could've bought were the original ds1 and ds2. No, I'm not talking about prepare to die edition or scholar of the first sin. Both of these games I've bought are the original versions that were released in 2011 and 2014 respectively. Is the pvp still even slightly active in these versions? I cannot buy ds1 remastered because my pc is garbage, and I cannot buy scholar of the first sin because it's just not available to me.

    Will I ever experience Dark Souls pvp in my life?

    submitted by /u/honhahoie
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have access to frame data for attack within the Greatsword class one handed and two handed please ?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 04:21 AM PDT

    Will DSR be on sale on Steam any time soon?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 04:13 AM PDT

    Did this game ever got a discount on Steam? If not this game has to "prepare to die" soon, 40€ is a lot for that remastered

    submitted by /u/-Manu_
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat Ornstein and smoug

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 07:15 AM PDT

    Just beat Ornstein and smoug. Feeling awesome.Its my first time playing darksouls and O&S was a real pain in the ass....Assholes beat the shit Outta me for many times. I panicked a lot and that made it a lot worse. Lost almost every humanity I have and finally beat them....Even though it took so many shots I am glad that I beat them without summoning 'Brolaire'. Thanks for this community for giving me some useful tips.

    submitted by /u/SAG2001
    [link] [comments]

    I'm about to snap my disc over bed of chaos :D!

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 03:03 PM PDT

    Done the bits at the side, can't get to the middle, jump down, get swiped, die, repeat, can't dodge, not working, ree.

    submitted by /u/DeathofBa
    [link] [comments]

    The time is not convoluted. All of our main theories come from a subtle mistranslation that greatly impacted how we interpreted the world of Dark Souls. (Minor Ringed City spoiler)

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 11:20 AM PDT

    I opened a discussion about this in DS3 sub, I will paste it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/iq58dg/the_time_is_not_convoluted_all_of_our_main/

    The famous italian content creator Sabaku no Maiku, had the entire script of Dark Souls 1 and 3 translated from japanese.
    The quote from Solaire: "The flow of time itself is convoluted, with heroes centuries old phasing in and out", should have used the world "stagnating". Which implies that things "pile up". The phantoms we summon or invade us are not from a different world but from a different time.

    The kanji for "stagnating" is also used in the japanese folklore to indicate the accumulation of water (think about one of the Aldritch descriptions about the marine abyss, another mistranslation), this piling up leads to corruption of the place and creatures that live there. You can now see the Ringed City DLC under a new light where the objects from all times and spaces are accumulating.

    This is just a quick description of what is actually explained in the video, which unfortunately is not in english (yet!) but the author speaks very clearly and you can use the auto-captioner and translator of youtube if you want to try to watch it.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9KqIqfqVKM

    submitted by /u/Keba_
    [link] [comments]

    Any strategies to beat capra demon?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 03:09 AM PDT

    Astora Straight Sword vs Four Kings

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 11:15 PM PDT

    I'm doing an Oscar of Astora playtrough with, of course, the Astora Straight Sword. It was fine in the first half of the game, but O&S gave me a hard time, harder than usual, that is.

    When I got to the four kings, I encountered a problem. It does almost no damage against them. If I keep attacking, I get him to half health an the next one comes and I get destroyed. This happens while two handing the ASS.

    Should I keep trying? I know the usual strategy of high poise and spamming, but my sword doesn't help. What do you suggest? Should I upgrade another weapon just for them? Or should I summon? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/TheObscureCyclone
    [link] [comments]

    My saddest/guiltiest moment wasn't killing you know who, it was when when...

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 06:27 AM PDT

    I accidentally killed Domhall.

    I felt like such a dick. I was putting my controller down and I accidentally heavy attacked him. i thought letting him kill me would make things even but when i went to get my souls back he kept attacking me.

    I tried running away but he fell off a cliff.

    I didn't even get anything.

    I feel like such a dick because he was the last person I wanted to kill. And he was so nice to me.

    I'm a bad person :'(

    submitted by /u/queer_pier
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment