• Breaking News

    Friday, September 4, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I feel really stupid about my first death

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 07:57 PM PDT

    So i bought Dark Souls Remastered on Steam today, I've never played any FromSoftware games before except Sekiro which I sucked at. I got up to the part of the tutorial where I just defeated the easy tutorial boss. At this point I was thourougly confused what the hell the bloodstains were. So i saw one of those tutorial messages on the ground which said "items up ahead", then I saw what looks like a bird's nest so I thought I'd check it out. What do you know, there is a bloodstain, there and upon inspection I see a dude jumping off the cliff. So I thought this was the game telling me if I jump off the cliff there I will find some secret thing. Lol maybe it's because I've been up for so long, but this is not how I expected my first Dark Souls death to go

    EDIT: I really wasn't expecting this post to blow up like this! This has got to be one the most welcoming communities on the Internet, thanks guys!!

    submitted by /u/chriscorf
    [link] [comments]

    Lordran as described by a property developer

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 02:39 AM PDT

    New Londo: A quaint, shady waterfront property with quiet neighbours. Some renovations required.

    Blighttown: Enjoy unspoiled marshland. Interact with local wildlife. Marvel at the unique indigenous spider population.

    Izalith: All year round warm temperatures. Charming sculptures and a large tree acts a focal point for the community.

    Anor Londo: neoclassical architecture and a variety of unique gargoyles make this a premium location. Stringent entry requirements.

    Kiln of the First Forge: desert community centred around an artisanal forge. Would suit an older gentleman looking to get away from it all.

    submitted by /u/superplint
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoiler] Do you think Solaire Knew About the Situation in Anor Londo?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 02:02 PM PDT

    Solaire is searching for a sun of his own. He got to Anor Londo with the player; he defeated Ornstein and Smough with the player. So he must have met Gwynevere. Do you think he saw that Gwynevere is an illusion, and that the sun itself in Anor Londo is also an illusion?

    I think that he did. I think that he met Gwyndolin and asked for radiance. Then he saw that the radiance he seeks is only possible as an illusion, even for the last living heir of Gwyn, and this is when he began to doubt himself and his quest.

    submitted by /u/PuddleOfMud
    [link] [comments]

    I made some bosses into Magic the Gathering cards

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 02:42 PM PDT

    Why are fans like this

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 10:11 AM PDT

    Dark Souls Remastered: "Ugh it's the same game again we don't like it"

    Demon's Souls Remake: "Ugh it's too different we don't like it"

    submitted by /u/bagelragel
    [link] [comments]

    What's your Dark Souls thing normal people don't understand?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 11:54 PM PDT

    So, I was descending into Great Hollow, when I found myself surrounded by bassilisks. Clouds everywhere, curse builds up, so in my last desperate attempt to save myself from the curse penalty, I rolled of the branch and died. And while I was like "Phew, glad I made it!", my girlfriend sitting next to me was really confused...

    So what's your Dark Souls thingy that baffles common folks?

    submitted by /u/VanikCZ
    [link] [comments]

    Got Through The Depths Without Getting Cursed!

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 09:40 PM PDT

    On my first playthrough (some of you may know if you've seen my earlier posts) and I knew enough about the depths to know that the Basilisks will curse you, but not much more. I managed to beat the entire area with my trusty Claymore without getting cursed ONCE. I'm starting to feel that sense of accomplishment that comes from feeling uneasy and worried about an area to knowing it like the back of your hand and having no problems. Unfortunately the boss took way too long to kill (only did about 82 damage a hit) and wasn't all that fun.

    Blighttown here I come

    submitted by /u/SaltyShrimpPasta
    [link] [comments]

    SL 100 Vs. SL 120/125 for PVP

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 02:23 AM PDT

    I have an SL 100 PVP build that I've been using for the past couple days and I'm having fun with it but would like to get more activity than I currently am. I planned to do both invasions and the arena, and I'm currently not getting nearly as much activity as I would like. Invasions in the township(although painted world has proven to be somewhat reliable as well) are my most reliable source of PVP, but they still don't happen frequently enough imo, and I always end up fighting the same guy over and over. I haven't even been able to get a single arena match in the 3 days I've been playing this build.

    I know that 120/125 is the meta for PVP, I only went to 100 since I'm using a build I saw Moose Torrent use that looked fun, and he seems to know what he's doing so I figured he wouldn't be at 100 if it was going to cause problems. But would going up to 120/125 increase my the amount of activity I get? I (usually) am enjoying the PVP when it actually happens, but a lot of the time it's just me sitting around at Oolacile because I can't get an invasion or an arena match.

    submitted by /u/Airtightspoon
    [link] [comments]

    I did it!

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 09:23 PM PDT

    Ok so, I have several saves, and i post a lot of nonsense here BUT. I did have one save I beat the game with that I am proud of. I bear artorius, AND manus with it, and....it was my original save.

    I loaded up prepare to die. Clouded graphics and all. QoL was a thing of the past. Its like loading up demon souls on my old ps3.

    Anyway this save was aweful. He hadnt gotten far. Undead burg. But he proudly rocked his chainmail armor, broadsword, and tower shield that he had apparently. He had the wolf ring, and the blue def ring, and well. Was aweful with stats. See he qas my first character. Named " templar", after the knight in indiana jones and the last crusade and he looked the part.

    Btw stats where kinda all over....no int or wisdom to speak of really, but boy he sure had 20 resist, 15 end 12 vit and like 15 str. I think he had been a knight start I cant remember.

    So with that in mind, I followed nub mes plan.

    I leveled resistance to 30, str dex and all that never moved, he just rocked a broadsword that i +15 and kicked some ass with. His vit and end were like 40/40 by the end.

    And his precious chainmail? Fully upgraded.

    He was special. He was mighty.

    AND I beat gwynn with him last night.

    He will now retire having protected the holy grail from the infidels for he snuffed the fire and bailed.

    submitted by /u/Nopefeelins
    [link] [comments]

    Blighttown is a perfectly balanced area with absolutely no problems whatsoever, no, none at all.

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 10:29 PM PDT

    Just got killed in Blighttown in a way that I honestly can't be mad at. I did come back and kill this thing right after but it's just hilarious how slip n' slidey this damned city is.

    Anyway here's the link: https://twitter.com/saltshrimppasta/status/1301753183824490497?s=21

    submitted by /u/SaltyShrimpPasta
    [link] [comments]

    Ring of Favor and Protection

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 02:12 AM PDT

    Should I equip the ring or not? I'm just about to go up against Ornstein and Smough and the ring breaks when I remove it. I don't wanna regret putting it on. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/drecolakovski
    [link] [comments]

    Rushed all the way to Seathe for that sweet MLGS

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 04:20 PM PDT

    Only to have forgotten that you have to cut his tail off to get the sword not through his soul like in other games. R.I.P. my mage build lol

    submitted by /u/jkfrownie865
    [link] [comments]

    Hello Fellow Sun Bros

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 04:42 AM PDT

    This is my first post on here and i am not sure if these ones are allowed here but i wanted to tell the community about these two channels that i found for dark souls and u will literally die laughing. The first channel is called Thepruld and the second one is called eldritch animations, who has a series called the animated guide to dark souls. I especially want u to go see eldritch animations' videos as he only has like 3k subs or so and the animations are actually pretty damn good. I had to help out a fellow sunbro in need u see. Anyways have a jolly time looking for the sun my bros.

    submitted by /u/LightningBruiser102
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know where I can find Dark Souls fan stories?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 06:52 PM PDT

    So we know that there were more linking of the flames than just the ones that the player does in DS lore, so I thought that it would be cool if someone wrote a story depicting another hallow's adventure to link the flame, and with the series' loose lore, it would also be cool to see how some think the story plays out. If you've written one or know of one, could you please link it in the comments so I can read it? And if no one can think of any stories maybe there could be some sort of contest in this subreddit, may not be as cool of an idea to you but I enjoy writing. Don't go hollow!

    submitted by /u/PootrikProductions
    [link] [comments]

    Question about fires

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 08:51 PM PDT

    Example solaire admits his world crossed with mine, you end up murding your worlds solaire, or freeing him to be a depressed sullen lump and he helps you kill gwynn while morning his brain bug.

    As that as an example. If you somehow, someway, without fail on a regular new game, killed everything with out dying once, and never kindling a single fire from jail cell onwards, what would your game look like? Empty? Would you explore slowly and thoroughly? Would you have the patience?

    submitted by /u/Nopefeelins
    [link] [comments]

    I have a weird creature in my head and it won't get off

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 04:18 AM PDT

    I can't post pictures here so I cant show it, but I'm was at the demon's ruins and suddenly something got to my head, It doesn't hurt me or anything, its just there. how can I kill it??

    submitted by /u/abel_burakh
    [link] [comments]

    Brass Armor 3D Fanart

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 05:31 PM PDT

    I know it has low poise, but i think this armor set is good for the looks. Hope you like it guys!

    http://imgur.com/gallery/iRKJaQ7

    submitted by /u/joebcoxca44
    [link] [comments]

    Why Are We On This Journey

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 11:38 PM PDT

    So I'm thinking about everything my character has been through so far, from the Undead Asylum to Blighttown. And I began to ask a question I normally don't think about: Why is our character following this prophecy? I can understand wanting to escape the asylum for your freedom, but why throw yourself at these bells of awakening so much? What motive do they have other than just seeing what will happen?

    Is there any true lore-based reasoning for this or is this a rabbit hole that is left well enough alone?

    submitted by /u/SaltyShrimpPasta
    [link] [comments]

    Every time I beat Gwyn I find the end music really quiet beautiful.

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 02:47 PM PDT

    No need for replies but it's time for NG+6.

    submitted by /u/dw0rfsh0rtage
    [link] [comments]

    How do soul powered Mortal Kombat characters fair in the world of Dark Souls?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 11:30 PM PDT

    I've recently been replaying MK9 for nostalgia, and it occurred to me a few characters used souls as their power source. This made me think about how the PC in Dark Souls grows stronger through absorbing souls, and if these MK characters would be able to survive in the Dark Souls universe.

    So, how would characters like Ermac, Shang Tsung, and Shao Kahn do in each Dark Souls (1-3) setting? Would they be able to take down a max level PC?

    submitted by /u/Dear-Argument622
    [link] [comments]

    Go back to farm humanity and fire resistance or keep trying to defeat Queelag?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 02:58 AM PDT

    Hi, new to the game here. I will say this right now, I suck at this game, but some days ago I was even worse, and I'm also enjoying it, so this doesn't want to be a rant.

    I'm at the bonfire down in the swamp, the one in the sewer thing near the giants that throw rocks. Haven't kindled it and I've got no humanity.

    I'm with a SL35 Pyromancer with Dragoncrest shield and +6 Gargoyle Tail axe. I've high Dex and about 900 hp.

    Even if I'm probably overleveled and with the best equipment (the Pyro clothes) to deal with her, Queelag keeps kicking my ass. Sometimes is quick and painless, other times instead I'm there with no estus desperately trying to dodge everything and I get slowly burned till "lulz you died" .

    What do think I should do, keep trying to fight her or go back through that horrible wooden structure full of firebugs and the troll cave to get humanity (also, IF I find it) and the fire resistance pyromancy?

    The point is that I keep fighting her without changing anything I feel like I'm just relying on luck and infinite tries. Dunno man.

    Ps. The messages before the white light. "Chest ahead". Lol they got me

    submitted by /u/Gianbattista_Vico
    [link] [comments]

    100% blind playthrough possible?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 08:54 PM PDT

    I know its possible, but how possible is it to beat dark souls without ever using the internet in any way, and with nobody to teach you what to do.

    How could you find the door to lower undead burg, Learn of the abysswalker ring or even locate the depths bonfire?

    submitted by /u/ThrowAwayAssAccount2
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Firelink Shrine NPCs?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 02:18 AM PDT

    The NPCs that show up do they stay the entire game? I'm eventually wanting to get Platinum for the game and guides say buy everything from them but I'm wanting to know if I can just wait until I beat the game first then buy the items before New game Plus. Is this possible?

    submitted by /u/ProAssassin84
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment