• Breaking News

    Thursday, September 3, 2020

    Dark Souls [Fan art] The defeat of Manus by me

    Dark Souls [Fan art] The defeat of Manus by me


    [Fan art] The defeat of Manus by me

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 01:51 AM PDT

    hope u like! First game was my absolute fav!

    https://i.imgur.com/jhjP4sk.jpg

    submitted by /u/kuszalka
    [link] [comments]

    Firelink Shrine (Pixel Art)

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 07:29 AM PDT

    Artorias is sonic the hedgehog

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 01:37 AM PDT

    Evidence: - Blue - Fast - Spinning

    submitted by /u/coveredinbirds
    [link] [comments]

    Nito... but cute?!

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 02:41 AM PDT

    Dark Sun Gwyndolin Fan Art

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 12:59 PM PDT

    I recently started playing Dark Souls (beat 3 and just started remastered) and just had to draw our snake-feet (sneet) prince.

    submitted by /u/LRNDVS
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Theories That Turned Our Understanding Upside Down

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 09:51 PM PDT

    I haven't seen many people here discussing Hawkshaw's theory videos. He's got a few long theory videos on YouTube about Dark Souls 1 lore. He has done some seriously deep digging and the videos are very thought provoking and show how the average souls players have misunderstood the lore and overlooked big parts of it, even after all these years. I'm not saying all his theories are correct but he does dig deeper than any other lore "researcher" that I have seen.

    Now for some of the interesting things that completely challenged my understanding of souls lore:

    The Witch of Izalith was successful in creating a flame which brang forth life and not a failure like most have understood.

    Demons are not evil but are a full fledged and unified culture who love and protect each other.

    The Witch of Izalith and her daughters voluntarily became demonic spiders, it wasn't because the experiment "failed".

    Quelana is responsible for the Fair Lady's illness as she has a personal grudge against her mother and sisters, so faked her death and ran away but stayed nearby hidden in blight-town and used her very own pyromancy (rapport) to control Eingyi (egg guy), who was poisoned, and make him go to Fair Lady and transfer the poison to her.

    Xanthous King Jeremiah was the husband of the Witch of Izalith and father of Quelaag and her sisters, before being exiled by the Witch Izalith for falling in love with Fina.

    Gwyn got the upper hand in his war against the Demons, which was started as a war over resources, in this case humanity, as Gwyn needed it to keep his Age of Fire going while the Demons needed it for creating new Demons and for Chaos weapons. The Demons were forced to accept a pact to avoid annihilation which entailed limiting their numbers and sending Demons to help Gwyn (Bat Demons etc).

    The Legend of the Chosen Undead is a lie fabricated by Gwyndolin and Frampt after Gwyn linked the fire so that the Undead can serve their interests and link the fire instead of going towards their destiny (Age of Dark).

    The Demon boss locations in the world (Asylum Demon, Taurus Demon, Capra Demon) are not an accident, they are there to try to stop the Chosen Undead from following the lie of the "Legend of the Chosen Undead", which puts their mother the Witch of Izalith in danger. They are there to try protect their mother from the Chosen Undead.

    Gwyndolin never met his father Gwyn. Gwyn didn't even know of his existence but Gwyndolin still idolized him. Gwndolin was born of a different mother than Gwyn's other children and was possibly an illegitimate child.

    That giant skull in Ash Lake belongs to the Nameless Blacksmith Deity, who was married to Fina. The locked door in Anor Londo opposite to the Giant Blacksmith's room used to be the Nameless Blacksmith Deity's workshop.

    The Everlasting Dragon in Ash Lake is not a Dragon survivor but is a creation of Seath the Scaleless and is the only experiment of his to recreate an Everlasting Dragon which succeeded.

    Priscilla is one of Seath's experiments which didn't quite go as planned. She is not the daughter of Seath and Gwynevere as is popular. (Memory a bit hazy on this one so don't quote me on it though).

    Havel the Rock was broken out of the tower prison by his followers and a Havel knight was swapped with him to fool his captors. The one we fight is not the real Havel.

    Reah of Thorolund is Havel's daughter and was sent on the death sentence to retrieve the Rite of Kindling not because she is Undead but because of her father's "Plot against the gods".

    The "Plot against the gods" was an attempt to take out Seath and Gwyndolin by trying to steal Nito's power. It ended up failing. It's central members: Velka, Havel the Rock, Dusk of Oolacile, Siegmeyer's wife (the corpse in Undead Burg guarded by Black Knight that has Blue Tearstone ring is hers), Siegmeyer's daughter and possibly Siegmeyer himself (if you finish his questline he goes to Ash Lake, the headquarters of the rebel army, and goes hollow).

    So that's mostly it. I genuinely like these theories and highly recommend checking out Hawkshaw's videos, I have a completely different perspective on the lore now.

    submitted by /u/LoreHuntre
    [link] [comments]

    RIP my deathless run

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 04:16 PM PDT

    I'm not a good player by any means and I don't even dare to try a speedrun or some of the harder challenges. But I managed to finish an all bosses SL1 run (upgrading pyromancy, nothing too crazy) and beat the game a ton of times, so a deathless run should be possible, right? I never did it, but at this point it's just a matter of not taking risks.

    So which risks did I want to avoid?

    • No New Londo soul of a firekeeper. I always get that very early, but sometimes I fall to my death when running from the ghosts. Not a big deal.
    • No chaos weapon, as getting the ember early is suicidal and getting the lava ring requires beating two bosses I could otherwise avoid.
    • No wheel elevator in Blighttown. Seriously, it's embarrasing but when doing the way back I have missed the roll and fell to my death a few times. I'd kill Quelaag, ring the bell, cheese Ceaseless Discharge and homeward back.
    • No fire weapon either, as I wouldn't farm green titanite in Blighttown.
    • Cheese the Anor Londo archers with poison arrows.
    • Cheese Bed of Chaos with firebombs.

    I started as a wanderer, decided to make a lightning scimitar my main weapon. He starts with the weapon and can wield a grass crest shield with base stats, which let me focus on vitality and endurance all the way. I killed Pinwheel and Moonlight Butterfly early. With decent HP, a +5 weapon and the wolf ring Capra Demon is easy.

    In the Depths I got the large ember, a large titanite shard and went back. On the way to Blighttown I stopped by the blowdarts, fucked up, got toxic. Killed all of them, got the firekeeper soul, homeward back and went down again. Got the large titanite shards in the swamp, did the deed and went on to Sen's.

    In Sen's, even at +10 (there's enough large shards there) my scimitar damage was abysmal, so as soon as I got the lightning spear I put 1 point in Str and wielded it. Other than that it was easy enough, as was Anor Londo (poison arrows be praised!). After that I drained the water in New Londo and farmed chunks for my lightning scimitar, killed Sif and farmed humanities in the Depths to open the shortcut to Lost Izalith.

    Bed of Chaos was actually a VERY close call. I fucked up the second firebomb and took a huge hit of fire damage (didn't remember the boss would start doing), then kept trying to lob a firebomb like an idion instead of healing. The second fire hit must have left me with 10 HP or something like that, I was sure I had died. Then I healed, ditched the firebomb plan and beat the boss the normal way - without being pushed to a hole in the ground, luckily.

    Having survived the Bed of Chaos I felt a huge relief - the worst had passed, it was just a matter of closing things now. I had enough DPS and poise to face Four Kings, lightning damage would do the trick against Seath, sunlight maggot and enough stamina to withstand the giant skeletons' attacks. Let's go to Tomb of the Giants first.

    And then it happened.

    I decided to make the run to Pinwheel again, to cut time. Just two falls. Fall once, roll away from danger (in case one of the exploding heads show up), heal, fall again, run to Pinwheel's room. Easy stuff, I do it every time with base HP and by now I had more than 30 Vitality.

    I roll the first fall. One of the skeletons that were chasing me decides to fall too and hits me on the way down. My character loses balance and falls on her back, which causes a larger recovery time. An exploding head is very close by, shaking. I panic, try to load/quit, and screw up. The disembodied head explodes, causing more damage and pushing my character off the ledge, to the opposite side of which I should have fallen the second time. I hit the ground and die.

    I got complacent. I had the occult club, could have devolved it to divine and taken my time through the Catacombs instead of risking the fall. I was already preparing for Gwyn at that point, leveling Str to 16 to wield the black knight shield, when I could instead had put those points in Int and used fall control. Well, it's too late now.

    RIP, Deathless Mk I. And until we try again.

    submitted by /u/thenagz
    [link] [comments]

    I drew dark sun Gwyndolin in the art style of the witch hat atelier

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 09:07 AM PDT

    Funny fight with Lautrec

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 02:55 PM PDT

    So I started a new character, maybe character #20 by now. Usually I free Lautrec and then kick him off the cliff in firelink. This time I had 2 summons with me and too much confidence. We cleared the area and then I opened his cell. We chatted then I hit him with a gravelord sword dance. He was understandably pissed off about that and shortly after that is when it clicked that my summons can't attack him. I had a pathetic un-upgraded Astora straight sword which did hardly any damage so I ran for it.

    Strangely, Lautrec wasn't in pursuit, so I headed back. I found my two summons doing pretty much an Eiffel tower on him against the wall and throwing out gestures. I wittled down the now gimped Lautrec between them and got my ring of favor. We then proceeded to summon Solaire and destroyed the gargoyles. They were my best summons ever.

    submitted by /u/AntMarDar
    [link] [comments]

    I just encountered Sif for the first time

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 01:38 AM PDT

    I am now hollow after the fight

    submitted by /u/helloandandwhy
    [link] [comments]

    To the Gravelord who cursed me....

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 03:18 AM PDT

    I can see you smiling in delight due to the grief you've caused many players. To curse someone in the Tomb of Giants has got to be the most evil thing you could do. I mean the place is dark and annoying as hell. Then you add red aura mega dogs who fucking one hit kill you and track you like a hound. I searched for your sign everywhere but I knew you were no man because you probably kept on moving or remained in one of the many obscure places people tend to avoid in the ToG. Then, I decided to commit suicide and made the run to the boss. It took me some time to find the second bonfire considering the fact that dogs kept on one shotting me. After trial and error I was able to navigate my way to the boss with a fairly good success rate and on the odd occasion the annoying skeletons would get me. I decided to kill the boss ASAP and never set foot in this god forsaken place again. You probably did this to annoy people but seriously if you're going to curse people in the ToG, please be a man and keep your sign visible. Rant over.

    submitted by /u/angelslayer95
    [link] [comments]

    Did you notice Artorias is an anagram for Sir Aorta?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 03:16 AM PDT

    I imagine a cartoon show about biology with characters explaining how the human body works (you know the one lol) but medieval fantasy-themed, and the character that's, like, the expert on the circulatory system, is a brave white knight (because of white blood cells) named Sir Aorta and he explains how the blood travels through the body and whatnot!

    Then, on the part where he explains how saturated fat clogs your arteries, the fat kinda turns black and he gradually loses his livelihood and turns, you know, "hollow," so the blood has a harder time travelling through the body and so on.

    If somebody makes anything with this idea (merch, an animation, anything), I'd like a 10% cut on the profits, please!

    submitted by /u/Forgot7en
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for a No Death Run for a veteran?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 04:42 AM PDT

    So I've finished every SL1 run for the series, and then I finished No Death for DS3 and DS2, but I'm struggling so much more at DS1 than at the others. The furthest I got was O&S and then proceed to get 4 hit comboed by some bad timing. I tried using Pyromancy and the Halberd which almost worked but even then I feel like at 10+ Pyro Flame I do little damage, any tips?

    submitted by /u/AnonbutQuirkyDoe
    [link] [comments]

    On my first playthrough of the game, and as Souls fans you can understand this victory.

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 04:35 AM PDT

    All I have left to do in the base game is kill Gwynn.

    So, I decided now was a good time to play the DLC.

    Got to Artorias and man, fuuuuuuck his moveset. I killed him on my fourth try, but the way I had to do it was pretty funny.

    I am playing a Faith build and in order to beat the shit face I had to: take off my sword and sunborn ring, put on Havel's Ring, and put on full Havel's gear.

    I just tanked his hits and spammed him with GLS.

    Am I proud of the strat? Nah.

    But did it work? :D

    submitted by /u/CommanderSabo
    [link] [comments]

    | serious | ok so i just started dark souls 1

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 01:00 PM PDT

    my character keeps moaning after he gets hit what the hell do i do about this

    submitted by /u/lordwrenski
    [link] [comments]

    Further than I've ever got before. I just have one question

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 03:12 AM PDT

    So, I beat DS3 earlier this year. First souls game I've ever beaten! And I'd started making good headway into Bloodborne though fell off around TLOU2 and attempts to get back into it have been thwarted by other games.

    However, DS1 and DS2 have always eluded me. I started a couple of days ago, beat the Asylum Demon and then went on to beat the Taurus Demon. I'd made it here before. No issues.

    I saw a message on the floor on the bridge that basically encouraged me to shoot at the dragon's tail. So I did. And I got the Drake Sword.

    I beat the pig and I had a few attempts at making it back to the next bonfire but just kept getting destroyed. So I turned it off.

    Last night however, I have no idea why, but I played differently. I played with a methodical glow. I knew the corridors were too tight to attack so I drew the enemy out. I played slowly but surely and I got to the next bonfire.

    I took out the big dude in the church and then I took out his mate with the blue magic. I then took out the 11 (yes, I counted) guys that would chase me.

    I also found a shortcut back to firelink, so I used that bonfire if I needed and I got to the Gargoyles. I'm guessing it's the drake sword but I found these guys pretty easy, couple of attempts to master the timing and I was golden.

    Then I took myself off back to the bonfire, visited the Blacksmith and then headed out to get destroyed by a massive lightning scorpion.

    I am now sitting at my desk counting the minutes till I can dive back in!

    The forest behind the scorpion, is that the best place to go next?

    submitted by /u/Maverick221234
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat Seath for the first time, and now on to the bed of chaos!

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 08:42 PM PDT

    I just got indicted for the first time as a Darkwraith. This is a monumental achievement.

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 11:43 AM PDT

    NG+ Blighttown

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 02:10 AM PDT

    Turns out I still can't navigate it. Fell off on my way to the first bonfire, got completely lost but survived. Went to second bonfire without hitch, probably because I spent so long figuring out that route it's seared in my long term memory forever. Then got lost trying to leave. I knew the way out was by the wheel, but was searching completely the wrong path, which was no fun.

    In unrelated news: is it possible to kill the Iron Golem in a fair fight? Seems like I accidentally cheese him every time.

    submitted by /u/Phaedo
    [link] [comments]

    A theory about Velka, the Primordial Serpents, and Firelink Altar

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 07:06 PM PDT

    I've not posted on this subreddit before, nor have I done a theory, so if I get a few things off, simply let me know!

    So my main theory is that the Primordial Serpents don't care whether the Age of Fire or Dark begins, they simply wish for things to progress, while Velka wants to eliminate those she sees as sinners, specifically the 4 Lords.

    In Dark Souls II, there doesn't seem to be a need for gathering special powerful souls for the flame, simply one holding many souls (the path to Drangleic Castle that holds a throne to continue the fire is blocked by a door that will open to one who gathered 4 powerful souls or one who had a million souls pass through them). In Dark Souls 1, some of the Lord Souls bluntly mention that they are more than enough to satisfy the Lord Vessel, yet all 4 Lord Souls are required to continue on to the Kiln of the First Flame. So from what we can tell, something is preventing creatures with powerful souls from entering the Kiln of the First Flame, and will only open when the 4 Lords are killed.

    Velka is often theorized as being the giant crow that brought the Chosen Undead to Lordran. She also brings them back to the Undead Asylum where the doll lays, which would allow the Chosen Undead to enter the Painted World. Inside the Painted World is the Dark Ember, used to create Occult Weapons, suited for killing gods. As we can see, she seems to be pushing the undead to combat the Gods. Each of the Lords have openly committed some sort of sin, from experimenting and abducting people, creating the Flame of Chaos, abandoning their people for power, or unnaturally extending the Age of Fire.

    Frampt seems to wish for the Age of Fire to continue, though he still wishes for the death of all 4 Lords, even though the Lord Vessel would likely be satisfied with one. Kaathe wishes for the Age of Dark to begin, which requires the same results. He attempted to teach Oolacile and New Londo something, yet both eventually corrupted, and he seems them as failures. If you choose the Dark Lord ending, Frampt joins Kaathe in serving the CU. Regardless of the ending, we know that the path to the First Flame is open, allowing anyone to enter and start the Age of Fire again (resulting in DSII and III).

    So all together we can see that Frampt and Kaathe wish for the world to progress (whether for an Age of Dark or Fire), as it hasn't for supposedly a thousand years, and to begin it, those with the largest control over the world, the Lords, must be vanquished. Velka doesn't care about the result of the world, only on the Lords paying for their sins, which could result in the three becoming odd or unknowing allies. The biggest problem they face is getting the Lord Vessel to the Firelink Altar so they can eliminate the magical barriers barring any from intruding into the lairs of the Lords. This Lord Vessel is in Anor Londo, the city of the gods, whom Gwyndolin watches over, and an enemy of Velka (his Darkmoon Covenant wants Souvenirs of Reprisal, which Crow people in the Painted World drop).

    Gwynevere is an illusion created by Gwyndolin (we know this for certain), who wishes for the Age of Fire to continue and is against those fighting or troubling the gods. Odds are if he knew about the plot to kill the Lords, he would stop it, however he doesn't know of it. He (through Gwynevere), suggests to the Chosen Undead that Frampt (someone close to Gwyn) will guide them, only mentioning that they will succeed Gwyn. This shows he doesn't know of this plot, resulting in the CU bringing the Lord Vessel to the Firelink Altar, which will break the impenetrable barriers. The CU would then be guided by Frampt or Kaathe to eliminate the Lords to open a door they likely sealed themselves.

    submitted by /u/PageTheKenku
    [link] [comments]

    i just learned to parry....

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 03:15 PM PDT

    okay so my new tactic against anything is parry and r1 spam, sound like a plan?

    submitted by /u/Doomikai
    [link] [comments]

    The Abyss Walker in watercolor [OC]

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 10:23 AM PDT

    Literally “Stuck” in Dark Souls Remastered on Xbox One

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 06:38 PM PDT

    While walking through the part of Darkroot Garden that is originally blocked off by the door, I managed to get stuck in a tree branch and can't move anywhere else. If I try to roll the animation plays but I go nowhere. If I try to leap I get stuck in an endless falling animation. I have tried multiple times to quit out and come back but I'm still stuck. I really don't want to have to restart this already quite frustrating game but I don't know how else to fix this. Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/smajohn12
    [link] [comments]

    My friend's a fukkin casual

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 04:13 PM PDT

    I had my best friend over today so he could play Dark Souls for the first time. He's doing great, accomplishing in hours what it took me weeks to learn on my own.

    Then he committed the worst sin.

    "What happens if I attack him?"

    "NOOO!"

    Too late. He takes a swipe at Solaire, and a friendship is ruined.

    "Do you realize what you've just done."

    "...no?"

    He's started the game over, playing a cleric instead of a sorcerer because "I can tolerate murder, but I can't have someone not liking me."

    submitted by /u/KerberosKreeper
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment