• Breaking News

    Monday, August 3, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    It would be cool if Havel could escape.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 05:59 PM PDT

    Like, if you beat him first try nothing changes, but if you try to fight him and lose, whoops now you're dead and the door's open and Havel, the mindless tank zombie, is loose somewhere in Lordran. Imagine finding Havel running around Anor Londo or jumping out of the shadows in New Londo and fucking up your umpteenth run back to the 4 kings all because you couldn't kill him way back in that watchtower basement.

    submitted by /u/Amanda_Ripley
    [link] [comments]

    I'm a terrible person. Last night I hit Darkwraith+3, tonight I just stole 10 humanity from someone who wasn't paying attention at the giant blacksmith. If you're reading this, I'm sorry but I just couldn't pass up the opportunity...

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 04:42 PM PDT

    And then I killed them to make it 11 in total. I just feel dirty.

    submitted by /u/ibrit92
    [link] [comments]

    Most of the artwork I see of this guy is pretty grim, so I decided to do a colored sketch of Artorias.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 11:54 AM PDT

    Beating Ornstein and Smough at SL1 with a Drawing Tablet

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 05:06 AM PDT

    Since completing this fight I have beaten both dark souls 1, and dark souls 3 on a tablet at level 1. So if there are any specific fights you'd like to see I can post them. Figured this was one of the best to highlight my struggles. I'm new to this whole reddit thing :S

    Link: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/692190881

    Edit: Added controls explination

    I'm using a Wacom Intuos tablet. So it has 4 buttons up top, 2 buttons on the pen, and the pen touching the tablet is like a click. The pen controls where I look, then from right to left across the top I have:

    Button 1: roll and sprint, holding ctrl makes it switch item

    Button 2: walk forwards, holding ctrl makes it use item

    Button 3: interact, holding ctrl makes it open the menu

    Button 4: ctrl, i use this to double the amount of actions i have so i press this + another button to get the alternate action

    Pen button 1: light attack, holding ctrl 2 hands weapon

    Pen button 2: parry, holding ctrll switches magic

    Tapping pen: confirm selection, used for menus

    The catch to the run is I cannot move and look around at the same time, when I move my camera points in that direction. So alot of the time I have to use the games audio to know what the boss is doing for when I can turn back around. I also cannot lock on, so I'm not able to strafe side to side while looking at the boss.

    submitted by /u/TheSGTTaco
    [link] [comments]

    I made a mistake....

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 12:40 AM PDT

    I made a mistake I'll admit that now and I should have people hurl dung pies at me in shame.

    I've completed Dark Souls about 5 times and have grown confident in my knowledge of the game. I am sorry Dark Souls.

    I'm forging my attempt at platniuming this game so I started new game+. I didn't realise the game would then turn me around and bash my head into the wall over and over again.

    My apologies dark souls, I'll remember to never doubt your difficulty ever again.

    submitted by /u/Q-ARROW
    [link] [comments]

    3 years ago i started a journey playing a game called Dark Souls. I got so drawn into the game and the world i almost forgot that there where sequels or other games i should play. After ~6 playthroughs, 2 dedicated PvP/Co-op Chars and clocking over 500hrs, today i'm beginning another journey.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 10:10 AM PDT

    I finally beat Artorias.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 04:37 PM PDT

    After a maybe 50 death loosing streak and a 2 month hiatus from dark souls i came back and beat him on my 5th attempt.

    submitted by /u/23snowmen
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat Ornstein and Smough let's f*cking GOOOOOOOO!!!

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 06:37 PM PDT

    Playing DSR for the first time (i started the series with DS3, then DS2); no boss victory in any game compares to the hype that i felt beating these two mfer's!! I can't even tell you how many tries it took me. I was losing hope for a while, but eventually i got my system down and laid waste to this fat fuck and his tweaky, bouncy manfriend WOOOOOOO i'm hyped!!

    submitted by /u/CSpineMcGee
    [link] [comments]

    This subreddit is one of the most wholesome I’ve ever been a part of

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 08:28 PM PDT

    I'm not a huge Dark Souls fan; I've been trying for months to make it through the first game without losing interest or rage-quitting, and as someone who is normally a huge fan of lore, the way this game doles it out is very dense. I don't know if I'll ever beat it, and that's okay because it's not for everybody.

    But damn do I love the Dark Souls community, especially this one for the first game. Other game subreddits are pretty much screenshots, stupid memes, and fan art, but under all that there's almost always a lot of toxicity and hatred, whether for the game itself, other games, new players, or whatever. This is the only community that I've been a part of that in my experience has been almost universally positive. People love sharing art, they love showing off what gifts they've made and received based on the game, they love bragging about beating O+S, they love helping people through their struggles to get engaged in the game, and I have never seen a single negative post that brought me down after scrolling through my feed from this sub.

    Maybe it's excellent mods, maybe it's that I just miss the bad parts, or maybe that's what happens when a group of fans strive to be as grossly incandescent as possible, but I know one thing: if I ever stop watching lore videos and gameplay critiques and actually beat this game, it'll be because y'all kept me interested for this many years.

    submitted by /u/Shoop-Delawoop
    [link] [comments]

    I JUST BEAT O AND S SL1 AFTER 49 ATTEMPS

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 04:02 AM PDT

    I HAVE GOTTEN GUD BITCHES!!!

    submitted by /u/Private_Donut_
    [link] [comments]

    I’m stuck in a painting

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 04:21 AM PDT

    This is my first time playing dark souls I have the lord vessel I went back to the asylum I found a doll that said something about a painting so I took it the painting and got sucked in and now bird people keep dropping out the sky and ninja kicking me back to the bonfire I'm normally a casual gamer I just need some encouragement to keep me going cause dark souls is kicking my ass.

    submitted by /u/Ruckus555
    [link] [comments]

    So, my summer holidays just started including a Corona Lockdown and I thought, that would be the best time to start playing Dark Souls. Any advice for a really really new comer?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 12:11 AM PDT

    I heard a lot about it but never really thought I had time to play it or motivation. Luckily I have also never read or heard something essential to the story, like mayor spoilers. So if my potato Pc can run the game I would be thankful for some advice from the experienced community here!

    submitted by /u/Katropolis
    [link] [comments]

    I spent a literal hour chasing someone around

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 02:14 AM PDT

    I was in Anor Londo and I get invaded by a guy, I got a little excited for the fight. Unfortunately it wasn't a fight at all. The invading spirit, pirori pretty well hid behind the blacksmith (who I ended up accidentally attacking because of him) and running around shooting me with a weak bow. Every time I would try to get close, he would run away taunting me with the "well, what is it" acting like he's tough or something. I really don't like doing this but I had to put my switch into sleep mode to disconnect my wifi connection just so I could keep playing the game and not have to bother with dying and retrieving my souls. It was pretty well a waste of a good hour of Dark Souls which I find pretty disappointing. I might have seen some humour in it, only if it had lasted a couple minutes and we actually played the game. Regardless of the outcome a fight is a fight, it's fun. But that was just a waste if anything.

    submitted by /u/Milk_The_Way98
    [link] [comments]

    [ spoilers for dark souls 1 and 3] Hands are the worst, i hate then with all ym heart

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 01:24 PM PDT

    I'm stuck

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 04:19 AM PDT

    Ok. First of all, no big spoilers please. I am on my first playtrough, but I know a bit about the map and stuff and I've played DS3, so I picked starting class thief (thank god for the bleed knife) and witches ring. I have rung the cathedral Bell. Should I go to new londo ruins? I have access to the valley of drakes, but that only leads to the place with the hydra and blighttown (and that's one of the things I knew going into the Game, that blighttown can go screw itself) and since I opened It with the master key, I don't think I need to go there. That leaves the catacombs, where skeletons Kick my butt and new londo ruins where ghosts Kick my butt. I know I can hurt them with the curse item thing but they're so rare and drops are also very uncommon. Long story short, am I missing something, like a weapon that kills these enemies easier or something??

    Equipment I use if you're interested in recommending something

    Balder estoc +5 The thief starting knife +3 All thief starting armor +3 except hood +5 and balder gloves +3 Weed shield Normal and heavy soul arrow with regular staff (from the blacksmith in NLR) Havel ring (ultra fast roll) Blue tearstone ring (I don't have any others so I might as well)

    Thanks for taking time to read this

    Edit: SL 20

    submitted by /u/Catmagedd0n
    [link] [comments]

    I'm going to hell for this.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 05:10 PM PDT

    A while back I invaded a non hostile host interacting with his phantom at the undead burg. They're trading items and I picked up something the phantom dropped thinking it was for me, it definitely wasn't because he dropped 99 humanity for the host. They both started to freak out once I had it, and I was going to give it back i swear but I decided to drop a dung pie instead, then proceeded to jump off a ledge taking the 99 humanity with me.

    submitted by /u/Adijia
    [link] [comments]

    I FINALLY DID IT!

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 05:42 AM PDT

    ORNSTEIN AND SMOUGH ARE MASSIVE PAINS IN THE ASS. I DIED TO THESE BITCHES ABOUT 15 TIMES BEFORE FINALLY BEATING THEM! when I finally beat them(alone cus no humanities for me) my heart was beating so fast it could rival Usain bolt in a race. I liked the walk up to gwynovevere where when you open the door this triumphant choir music started playing as you walk up to claim the lordvessel. It felt like a true accomplishment(which it was) and the lordvessels warp power is AMAZING! It felt like a true achievement.

    Edit:from what I've seen in all the comments, 15 isn't actually a lot of attempts! Is that really true?

    submitted by /u/DITTO_MON_GAMING
    [link] [comments]

    To the dude that kept getting invaded in the Dark Forest by the Same One and The Other One,

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:06 AM PDT

    Kyuru-kun, I am so sorry, but thanks for all the souls bro.

    submitted by /u/PugTheTorturer
    [link] [comments]

    Just had a hilarious encounter with Iron Golem

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 02:52 PM PDT

    Is SL83 (WL15) too high to get summoned for Artorias?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 02:32 AM PDT

    Or am I just unlucky haha - I've had my sign down for about 40 minutes now, no luck :(

    submitted by /u/TheVoidPhoenix
    [link] [comments]

    The Souls Trilogy has ruined games for me

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 06:55 PM PDT

    Well. Here I am

    After about a dozen playthroughs of DS1, a couple of DS2, and a handful of DS3 runs, I have realized that dark souls has ruined games for me.

    I played through control recently, which was pretty awesome, but was longing for dark souls the whole time.

    Hell, I built a new PC this week and the first thing I booted was DS3 (before playing control, then went back to DS3)

    The game is pretty much all I want to play, so I think I am going to start speedrunning!!!

    submitted by /u/Test4ekko
    [link] [comments]

    SL1 Log, Day 4: Kiln of the First Flame and Gwyn, Lord of Cinder

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 04:29 AM PDT

    I finished my SL1 run today. It was a great experience, and the challenge was definitely refreshing. All I did was kill Gwyn, so I guess that there isn't much to say. Here's a video showing me killing Gwyn.

    submitted by /u/FunSouls
    [link] [comments]

    How does pyromancies work in this game?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:51 AM PDT

    Does it still scale off int and faith?

    submitted by /u/alecat105
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment