• Breaking News

    Monday, August 3, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 11:14 PM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!

    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    After playing through the trilogy once again, I appreciate the beginning of 2 the most. Arriving as a hollow in Things Betwixt, remembering yourself, the ethereal feel of the place.. really sets up the concept that Souls takes place outside of normal time and space unlike the others

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 05:14 AM PDT

    Lordran, Drangrleic and Lothric are all strange ethereal locations centred around the first flame where space and time kind of congeals or warps. Many make journeys to these locations for various reasons. In 1 you are sent there by raven, in 3 you simply awaken there already.

    But, there's only a couple of lines of dialogue that sets this up. So the concept can be easily missed. It seems to pass over many new players.

    However in 2, I love how the beginning really puts this concept front and centre. It has a different feeling to the others. And going to 3 after 2, feels like there's just something missing. I love Things Betwixt. It really feels like you're about to start your journey in this strange place.

    Just my thoughts playing through the trilogy again.

    submitted by /u/Have_Other_Accounts
    [link] [comments]

    To the invader that invaded me in eleum loyce, thank you

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 06:50 PM PDT

    An invader named Derp invaded me in eleum loyce and basically helped me throughout the level all the way to the third bonfire, where he vanished. He dropped a seed of a giant tree, placed down warmth when I needed healing, and helped me clear the mobs throughout the area. Derp, if you're reading this, thank you :)

    submitted by /u/Alrutum
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 is a Damn Fine Game

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 10:43 AM PDT

    I'll never understand why there is so much dislike for this game. I understand it's fairly different than 1 and 3, and the gank squad factor in this game is much more than the other 2, but there are SO many things this game got right that the other ones didn't!

    Level Design:

    DS1 has very diverse level design, but 3 is just kind of bland. I get that it's the age of ash and everything is burnt out and dull, but that makes the level design "meh" compared to DS2. Every area is so different and there are SO many areas, especially once you throw the awesome DLC into the mix which adds so much more depth to the game.

    Life Gems:

    Do I need to say more? I think they knew DS2 was the hardest out of the series and gave another method of gaining health. It's actually a genius system of health restoration because it forces you to learn your enemies attack patterns so you know when you have a safe window to pop a gem and let it restore some health.

    Bosses:

    Yeah some of them are ganks, and the twin Alvas are just....borderline unfair, but the bosses in the game or so cool and many of them have arena aspects to them that are awesome. Flexible Sentry had the rising water, Medusa 2.0 has the poison you can get rid of if you know the trick, Fume Knight heals unless you know the trick to that.... the bosses are harder but it's a fair hardness, which means if you die it's your fault.

    Weapons/Spells:

    There are SO many but I love that because it gives you many many options. There are many different builds you can create and they even have better animations for backstabs. Hex builds are OP as Hell if you know how to build them up early and it's so exciting.

    Replayability/NG+

    One thing that DS2 got right was NG+ and beyond. NG+ adds strong red phantoms enemies, turns some chests into mimics, and it just adds a whole new level of "I need to be VERY cautious now..." because a game you were once familiar with you are now unfamiliar with. I think it's brilliant.

    submitted by /u/AtomBomb77
    [link] [comments]

    Finally finished Dark Souls 2 for the first time

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:07 AM PDT

    Wow, I seriously stayed away from this game after beating every other From game due to everyone saying it's the worst, but I am seriously upset I did for this long. It's flaws are obviously there, specifically at the (mostly) weak bosses, but I seriously had a blast throughout, loved the weapon variety, but holy crap the DLC levels! I seriously had to stop in my tracks to appreciate how amazing Brume Tower and Frozen Elium Loyce looked upon first arrival, and god damn...that Majula theme and view....

    submitted by /u/iAintMikey
    [link] [comments]

    What exactly does the Throne of Want do?[Spoilers]

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 02:03 AM PDT

    So looking up at all the past theories nobody is sure what the Throne of Want does, people say its just the Kiln and you just link the fire once the doors close.

    But isnt it just a means to link the fire or let it die. After all Shanalotte does say "What lies ahead only you can see"

    So basically it allows The Monarch to shape Drangleic or perhaps an even wider scale since it can shape what sort of age it would be. Thats the only reason I think Nashandra would want the throne so she can shape the world in her dark image since if she wanted an age of the dark she could just wait it out and let the flame die.

    Also would that make BoTC the strongest protagonist?

    Sorry Ashen One Fans I know you'll come at me with your "But Soul of Cinder is the embodiment of the flame and the lords!" yeah, embodiment of a dying flame. Killing Gael with the almost complete Dark Soul is a great feat though

    Thank You for listening to my UnTED Talk

    submitted by /u/LuciferAdeo
    [link] [comments]

    This game was overhated.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 04:10 AM PDT

    I remember beating it and loving the game. I didn't have a problem with difficulty because I summoned my way through the game and used being summon to do recon and level up through stages I was entering.

    But all I remember from the community at the time was "B-Team game" this and "world cohesion" that. Does anyone else feel this game got treated like a black sheep?

    submitted by /u/RangoTheMerc
    [link] [comments]

    I actually did it! Got both illusory rings in one run

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 09:23 AM PDT

    The rings don't actually drop at the same time after the credits, so I couldn't get a screenshot of receiving both at once. They drop one after the other when you're returned to Majula, so I just have a screenshot of them in my inventory.

    https://i.imgur.com/U7sIBt1.jpg

    Easily my most stressful playthrough of any Souls game. I really wish DS3 had added challenges like this.

    submitted by /u/evilparker
    [link] [comments]

    Is King Vendrick Bad/Evil?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 02:25 PM PDT

    When I first see him I feel bad for him. A naked, weak, hollowed king. I wan't to fight him, cuz I wanna beat every boss, but at the same time I don't because I feel bad for him.

    submitted by /u/KillerBFireDog
    [link] [comments]

    Brume Tower

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 09:17 PM PDT

    After the fall of Ichorous Earth

    Behind a great metal gate

    lays a statue

    Formed of Ash

    and surrounded by dead

    The remnants of an attempt to seek fire

    A second seeker passes by

    and crosses the great chain

    They emerge in a throne room

    buried in ash as well

    but something still lives within

    Nadalia

    Scattered among the tower

    lie flaming pillars

    taking the shape of Dark

    Broken by failure

    and loss

    She arrived to seek strength

    and found the kingdom long gone

    A black fog arose

    bringing those burnt away

    back to life

    and to serve

    One day, another, third one, arrived

    Exiled by the original seeker

    lost a duel with his brother

    Not by blood, but by valor

    Raime

    He arrived for unknown reasons

    Was it to seek strength as well, to prove to the King that he was correct?

    Or to overthrow the King in hatred for his exile?

    He was blessed with the power to dispel the fog

    but chose to ignore it

    He gained new strength

    throwing down his shield

    in exchange for a new blade

    infused with the spirit of the child of Dark

    and more slab of iron than a blade.

    Brume Tower

    The seeker begins their descent, fighting the fruits of the black fog

    Ash and Iron, strengthened by dark flame.

    The tower is dormant

    to protect the Dark and her Knight

    The seeker uncovers the source

    of the Iron King's strength

    Though he is gone, his will lives on

    The scepter breathes life back into the tower.

    Great statues rise, and the seeker continues the descent

    Finally, outside a kiln

    Idols turned to ash

    The seeker prepares to face the Dark

    in the armor of his brother

    A sword sits, abandoned in the room. Ash covered, and abandoned

    The seeker approaches, and the protector rises from the ashes

    the Fume Knight

    No longer Raime, brother of Velstadt

    He has taken strength, not from a father

    But from a new mother

    She lives in his sword

    and gives him fire and Dark

    He channels these opposites of nature

    and upon seeing the armor of his brother

    Roars

    He tosses aside his keepsake sword

    given by the father

    and accepts the power of Dark fully

    to crush the seeker under the iron

    The battle rages, but without the Idols

    The Knight has no help

    beyond that of his sword

    And once again,

    The one in golden armor triumphs over him

    The seeker completes the task Velstadt could not.

    In a small, ashen throne.

    Sits a sad, ashen body

    Soul long gone, spread across the tower's idols. The seeker takes the crown, last of the three

    And is given the strength to take the throne

    and become a true monarch

    and yet

    High up from Nadalia

    An old suit of armor begins to glow

    The memory of the Iron King has awoken upon the removal of the Dark Fog

    And inside, the memory of his greatest friend

    lives on

    Alonne

    From the east came the knight

    the Bewitched Blade

    He looked past the atrocities of the King

    to give him the strength to become great

    The King had yet to find the Iron Scepter

    And so Alonne could teach him strength

    Knights were rearmed

    and taught to fight

    in an eastern style

    but when the King found the scepter

    He had no need for his friend

    Alonne left

    and the loyal knights followed

    Enraged at the betrayal

    the King pursued him

    He defeated his old knights

    and entered the room of his old friend

    Though they were no longer

    And the battle was fought

    No longer weak, the King dodged every strike

    Alonne took his own life to save his honor

    And the King saw the throne that had been taken

    His throne

    From his days before Alonne

    For once, the King felt remorse. He entombed his friend's armor, and immortalized his sword

    As a small payment for the many crimes he committed.

    Throne

    With the strength gained from the crowns

    and given by the King in the Crypt

    The seeker finds the throne

    They beat back the guardians of Want

    and banish the Dark which seeks the throne

    before taking it themselves

    in the quest to become

    a true monarch.

    Finally finished my crowns trilogy poems. Really, this should come BEFORE my Eleum Loyce poem, but honestly, I love that DLC so much that I had to do something while I still had ideas. Hope you guys liked them!

    submitted by /u/Bryankc14
    [link] [comments]

    Best bow

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:08 PM PDT

    I have completed all of the base game I only have to beat nashandra , I have 50str ,40dex , 23 faith/int for these stats does anyone know what the best bow is

    submitted by /u/robertxjsm
    [link] [comments]

    To the guy who invaded me in Drangleic Castle, I'm sorry I wasted your time.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:48 AM PDT

    You invaded near the door that goes down to Throne of Want. I was farming Ruin armor, and wasn't wanting to fight. There was no cliff there for me to jump off of, so I just wanted you to kill me. I presented my back (yes, I was wearing something backless) for you to stab. But you ran down to the Syan guard by the king's door and pointed at it. Intrigued, I aggroed the guard thinking you would gang up on me along with the guard. But no, you watched me kill it with haste. I presented my back again, and you wouldn't kill me. So I dual wielded 2 +10 hammers and killed you almost instantly and went about my business.

    Not wanting to be invaded again, I went to Majula and killed myself, thinking that not being human would prevent another invasion. I guess I was confused about how this works, because you showed up again. This time I presented my back again, and you BCS'ed out. So I burned a human effigy, and I think that did the trick because I didn't see you again.

    submitted by /u/SoulsJunkie
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone Else satisfied?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 09:43 PM PDT

    Hey all, a Souls Vet' here!

    I've just came to the sub a few days ago for the first time and I'm still amazed that so many people are here, I thought I was in a strong minority of people who loved and still played this game but I guess I was wrong!

    I love seeing people asking for help, talking about the lore, discussing the game. It's all just amazing to me especially since I've been playing this series for a long time now!

    submitted by /u/Spring_Hystirya
    [link] [comments]

    Got the Sun Sword today

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 03:17 PM PDT

    Started by burning through the dragonrider and skeleton lords to get to the sunbros early, and then participated in jolly cooperation for two days straight.

    And let me tell ya, it was fun.

    Tedious at times? For sure, but I had so very memorable summons.

    1) I helped maybe two or three people who had never played before and I truly always love that. Even if sometimes they run straight into traps you try to warn them about, you get to help them figure it out and it feels like being a part of a new experience and hopefully a new person beginning to enjoy the game

    2) to whoever invaded me, became a box, trolled around the course, and then left: Thank you, it was very entertaining.

    3) the pursuer boss fight is a test of trust.

    4) I put my sign down at the servant's quarters in hopes of helping some people with the gargoyles, only to later remember you have to set your sign down in belfry Luna. So me and another summon who I guess did the same thing walked a new player through all the extra bits in the bastille and then through sinner's rise. We played together for like an hour and it was very fun.

    5) to all the veteran players who made boss fights quick and easy, thank you for keeping me sane

    6) I am so happy this online community is still kicking. Partially because it helped me get the sword, but mostly because I love this game and I'm glad to see people playing through new game. It brings me joy.

    Praise the sun and partake in some jolly cooperation! Even if you're not farming the items, you ever know what kind of unique experiences you'll have :)

    submitted by /u/ebrivera
    [link] [comments]

    I returned to DS2 after 6yrs and while it's still my least favourite in the series, the DLC was really good. The weakest aspect of the main game was level/world design, but that was the strongest point of the DLC. It also had a few stellar boss fights. Overall DS2 went from a 7/10 to an 8/10 for me.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 02:45 PM PDT

    (SOTFS, PS4) Could someone help me get through the Iron Passage?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:07 PM PDT

    I've been having trouble with this spot for awhile now, but its really been kicking my ass. I can usually get down 2 Rooms before I die, which is obviously not enough to cut it. If you could help I'm Level 152 with Soul Memory 2 Million.

    submitted by /u/YeetThatNitro
    [link] [comments]

    I killed Pate.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:03 PM PDT

    In Earthen Peak. Was that a bad choice? It was after I *found * Creighton.

    Did I just royaly fuck up?

    submitted by /u/Getmeinapewdsvid
    [link] [comments]

    Any Dark Souls2 Discord?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 12:55 PM PDT

    Like I'm looking for an active discord community dedicated to just Dark Souls 2

    submitted by /u/Paradoxitic
    [link] [comments]

    I am scared for my life

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 06:56 AM PDT

    I got to brume tower for the first time ever and it was going smoothly until I reached this room with one of those fire ghost where u have to stab them and a giant and the frosty enemies and I nearly had a heart attack after the giant did half of my health in 1 swing i have 2k health and now I'm scared to play the brume tower

    submitted by /u/robertxjsm
    [link] [comments]

    Praise the sun

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 06:12 PM PDT

    After helping someone try 6 times in a row to beat Nashandra, I now understand the meaning of praise of the sun. I will not abandon you!

    submitted by /u/coopatroopa24
    [link] [comments]

    Is combining pyromancy and sorcery worth it?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 07:52 PM PDT

    At the moment I'm making a sorcery character and I was thinking about adding some faith for pyromancy. Mage gear isn't that heavy so I don't need much equip load, and I'm only using enough str and dew to use the estoc, so would those points in faith be worth it?

    submitted by /u/MummyManDan
    [link] [comments]

    Is Dark Lurker worth it?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 11:21 AM PDT

    I just beat every boss in dark souls two (except for royal rat authority, gank squad, blue bitch, and the two assholes in reindeer fuck land), and I'm just wondering, is Dark Lurker actually worth it to go through all of that trouble just to fight him?

    submitted by /u/fantastic-mr-gloop
    [link] [comments]

    First time playing

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:34 AM PDT

    This is my first souls game. I was putting it off for a long time because of all the "these are games are tough" talks. So far I'm enjoying it. I'm only at the lost sinner boss but I think I have a long way to go before beating it.

    submitted by /u/NRC-sympathizer
    [link] [comments]

    Co op sotfs no working

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 11:08 AM PDT

    Hi all! Three friends and I want to do a four man group in sotfs but we can never summon three phantoms at once. I can summon any one of my friends at any given time, but never a second, let alone third. Anyone know why this might be happening?

    submitted by /u/Kaathe1229
    [link] [comments]

    sl1 story part 2

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:07 AM PDT

    After Rotten, wanted second dragon ring. I sold the ring of whispers so I couldn't talk to Tark. Stabbed him. Rings now are Dragon ring, old leo ring, dexterity ring and chloranthy ring. Killed head of Vengarl's body to summon him for watcher and defender. Go to Drangleic. Go through until Dragonriders. Bellclaire helps me kill them. By this point I have Cale's Helm and the rest is peasant armour for the adp. Talk to Benhart. Summon Luet for stupid horse. (SotFS btw) Summon Benhart and Boyd. The npc's suck balls and don't help so I die. Next attempt I win. Shrine of Amana. Get through until frog. He kills me. I kill him with the help of Felicia. BOOM Creepy Crypt. Aldia scares me. Get to the "shortcut". I never realized you could stop the people from ringing the bell. Now I do so it's easier. Summon Agdayne. Velstadt curb stomps us. I will use lightning pine resin for next attempt. But for now, its dodging the Dragonrider. Stay safe and have fun!

    submitted by /u/MrFemur17
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment