• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 26, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on O&S solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 01:58 PM PDT

    I just want to say thank you. Thank you for answering every question, supporting each other and giving tips. This is a very good and helpful community! Don't y'all dare go hollow! [T]/

    Edit:Thanks for all the upvote! I've never gotten that much before! And also thank you very much for the rewards!❤

    submitted by /u/Apadhalott
    [link] [comments]

    What is the kindest thing you've done for another player?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 11:48 AM PDT

    For me, it was when I invaded in Undead Burg and saw the guy struggling with the Spear Hollows above the Undead Merchant. He died while I just watched (couldn't do much as an invader), so I waited until he appeared on my recent players list (Xbox) and I sent him a message. I asked if he wanted help with the area, and offered to give him some good starting gear. Basically I ended up guiding a completely new player through half the game, giving him most of the humanity I received, and teaching him about the mechanics of the game. I haven't talked to him in a long time, and I think he changed his gamertag, but I like to think I helped someone get into the series who might have otherwise given up due to not understanding the game.

    submitted by /u/RadawayAddict
    [link] [comments]

    I Wish I Could Play This Game For the First Time Again

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 08:47 PM PDT

    I was sitting in my room for like the past week, pondering to myself "What game can I play????" I've played almost every game I own, and I just want a new fresh experience, but there are ZERO games that I don't have that I want to play.

    I've been remembering my first days as a 'dark Souls' newborn. Clueless of this dark large mysterious world. Scared of the unknown, the dark areas of this game, the ginormous, seemingly undefeatable bosses. In Awe of the detail of every single sword, the lore behind spells, the stories behind each and every character. Baffled by the expansive story of 'The Chosen One' and the cycle of the flame. Jaw-dropped from the scale of the size of the walls of Lordran, the emptiness and danger of every single hall. Every single castle, every single monster dwelling in the dark.

    The sheer number of Broadswords, Rapiers, Longswords, Bows, Shields, Cups Shields, Armor sets. The STRATEGY involved with the attributes of every single weapon, every single armor piece, every single item on your body which correlates to your speed, your movement, your attack, your evasions.

    Every single thing about this game makes it a wonderful masterpiece and I borderline depression every time I think about the fact that I cannot feel that fear, that awe, that wonder, that 'A-Ha' moment for the first time again.

    PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one!!!!!!!!!!!!

    submitted by /u/KaptainKwala
    [link] [comments]

    Dam that chest, BEST LOOT EVER

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 01:45 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, sorry, but no one I know understands this when I say it. I JUST BEAT O&S!! I'm legit sooooo happy, it took me a number of tries, I did have to use some humanity to fill my health, but all worth it😁😁😂this is my 1st ever playthrough of any from soft game. I'm playing remastered on switch😅got the game over a yr ago, but only started rly getting into it since covid. I hope ur all doing well, I just had to share. May u all get through every milestone or pebble life puts in ur way and never go hollow👍😊

    submitted by /u/keyLINKed
    [link] [comments]

    The opening narration to Dark Souls strikes a resemblance to the opening to Genesis in the King James Bible.

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 09:38 PM PDT

    King James Bible, Genesis:

    1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

    2. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

    3. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

    4. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

    And now here are the first lines in the opening to Dark Souls:

    1. (no parallel)

    2. In the Age of Ancients the world was unformed, shrouded by fog. A land of gray crags, Archtrees and Everlasting Dragons.

    3. But then there was Fire.

    4. And with fire came disparity. Heat and cold, life and death, and of course, light and dark.

    It seems to me like they follow a very similar structure: In the beginning the world was unformed, then there was light/fire, and light and darkness was divided.

    But Dark Souls is lacking a single metaphysical "God" (with a capital G) and the Bible lacks dragons, but they're both telling a creation myth.

    submitted by /u/Comrade_Comski
    [link] [comments]

    To the guy who invaded me in Anor Londo...

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 11:58 AM PDT

    To the guy in Anor Londo who invaded me and dropped Gwyn's soul for me before whipping my ass yesterday, you'll always be a fellow sunbro to me. Really gave me a serious jump with my cleric/Paladin build and I greatly appreciate it! \[T]/

    submitted by /u/sprsajin9
    [link] [comments]

    Honorable Combat

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 04:56 PM PDT

    To the undead who invaded me while I was struggling against a tough enemy: Thank you for waiting for me to finish so that we could engage in honorable combat. Don't you dare go hollow.

    submitted by /u/Pantheon_of_Absence
    [link] [comments]

    Stumbled By Accident in Remastered

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 01:38 AM PDT

    Would you guys be interested in reading a fan-fiction?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 05:59 PM PDT

    I've written short stories around 15,000+ words for fun.

    I love dark souls, and I'm in a mood to spend hours writing, so would you guys maybe be interested in a story I make that includes the dark souls 1 characters?

    (It would be set in a different location in Lordran with new foes and new places to explore. I'm not a master with the lore but I'd try my best.)

    submitted by /u/Dity77777
    [link] [comments]

    I beat kalameet on sl1 and I havent felt this good in a whiiiile

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 10:26 PM PDT

    This is my 2nd sl1 run. On my first I used pyro and summons but not on this run. Anyway after 5 hours of hell fighting kalameet I beat him. Last sl1 run I felt empty and weird. Now I feel accomplished, last time I felt this good was Ornstein and smough. Anyway Im having a headache processing what happened. Imma go to online school now cya and have a good day! :)

    submitted by /u/Whyiswhyiswhy123
    [link] [comments]

    Is there such thing as a “cannon” build?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 07:01 PM PDT

    This is probably a pretty silly question since one of the purposes of DS in my opinion is how open and ambiguous it is, but are there any builds for the chosen undead, or the other main characters from the other games, that you see as the "cannon" build? Can be backed by lore or completely headcannon.

    submitted by /u/just_saiyan_bro
    [link] [comments]

    Not that I'm complaining but how come there aren't much "female warrior/knight" bosses in the series (except for dancer and lost sinner)?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 12:15 AM PDT

    One of the most infamous questions of all - how does one beat Kalameet?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 03:52 AM PDT

    (Foul language used ahead) I start the battle. Dodge his first hit. Dodge his fire breath, nice opening for 2 hits. He swipes at me, not too much damage but I attempt a swig of Estus to be safe. Didn't succeed...asshole picks me up in the air with Dragon Force and force-chokes me like he's Darth fuckin Vader. I'm not dead but damn am I close. He seems like he's gonna use another fire breath attack, so I plan to roll into him to avoid it and to drink up. Nah, he fuckin suckerpunched me and instead of fire breath he smashes down with his front claws, killing me.

    This was my first attempt. Didn't expect to get him on the first try. So my main question is, what is best recommended for him? Gear, including armor and weapon(s), stats, etc? Current main weapon is a Zwei+15.

    submitted by /u/TwilitWolf13
    [link] [comments]

    Backstab wakeup cancel - pvp

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 03:45 AM PDT

    Any pvp vets seen this one?

    Fought a decent player last night a few times - get the better of him in one duel and land what I expect is a game-ending backstab. He's laying on the ground very briefly, I stand there to salute the fallen, and he then insta springs up and backstabs me for the win!

    Only thing I can think of is that he chipped me at the same time to cancel the BS damage, and sometimes the animations get weird on double BSs?

    submitted by /u/7NTXX
    [link] [comments]

    Noob question

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 03:15 AM PDT

    Greetings hollow,

    I'm a newbie and been following this build for a Cleric Knight and noticed that he has 5 different weapon/shield gear that he uses:

    • Mace (standard) +15
    • Claymore (Divine) +10
    • Composite Bow (Standard) +14-15
    • Canvas Talisman
    • Tower Kite Shield (Standard) +Any/ Crest Shield +5

    AFAIK you can only equip 2 weapons and 2 shield gears, so where does he equip the fifth? Or does he simply just switch to the Claymore manually?

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/NinjaSwag_
    [link] [comments]

    Just Beat Gwyn For the First Time

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 09:10 PM PDT

    Fantastic Game, even if getting all the Lord Souls and their respective areas kind of sucked. I played DS3 awhile back and I tried this many times, but here I am having linked the fire. What a feeling.

    submitted by /u/Vertex_21
    [link] [comments]

    im trying to git gud to beat ds1 (my first soulsbourne game) and im really intrested to dive into the lore,what youtuber has a step by step of the lore so i can get every nook and crany in a understanble way (Sorry for bad English lol)

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 10:57 PM PDT

    A youtuber that really explains the world and gives your different perspectives on his theory or other popular or not so popular theorys.... basically i want every thing the dark souls has to offer.Thanks!

    Edit:I've received plenty of goof channels to go through for lore.I want to thank you guys for guiding me!I will definitely read all new comments but mabye won't reply.Again,Thank you.

    submitted by /u/FrozenChaii
    [link] [comments]

    Ring that bell!!! ��

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 05:09 AM PDT

    I'm so happy!! I just helped 2 people clear the gargoyles on the roof and it is just such a fulfilling thing hearing them ring that melodic bell☺️ My main character I don't use any pvp and I'm by O&S, kinda stuck there atm😅but I have a 2nd character to play pvp and I'm soo glad that there are people that I can help and that there are still so many who play this incredible game.

    DS Remastered on switch

    submitted by /u/keyLINKed
    [link] [comments]

    HELP WITH CAPRA DEMON

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 06:46 PM PDT

    pc im at the nearest bonfire

    submitted by /u/SHINIGAMIXLION
    [link] [comments]

    [DS REMASTERED] Share PS Plus and play online

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 01:55 AM PDT

    Hello everyone, my father has a PS Plus subscription on its account and I would like to buy DS on mine. Do you know if it is possible to share its subscription and play online/ trade items with my account?

    submitted by /u/Maremama
    [link] [comments]

    So I just bought DsR on PS4.

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 07:57 PM PDT

    I'm about to play it for the first time and was wondering, is the level design that good. I often hear that Dark Souls is the best out of the 3 solely because of the level design. Is this true or just hyperbole? My favorite right now has gotta be tied between BloodBorne and Ds3. Just wondering what everyone has to say about it.

    submitted by /u/JerryBigToes
    [link] [comments]

    need help with covenants items.

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 01:50 AM PDT

    what is the best way to farm most covenant items? i am trying to get the plat trophy and i am not sure where i have to farm for the items.

    submitted by /u/Ok-Cream-3629
    [link] [comments]

    Dreamt of DS.

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 07:32 PM PDT

    I had stopped playing the game for two years. However, I had a weird dream recently. I was in one of the rooms (solaire campfire to be exact) and spent the next moments expiring the whole castle with the spiral staircases and the grand gondolas. One aspect clearly stood up, the giant picture and the gigantic marble halls that holds the picture.

    I felt sad when I woke up. I was planning to bring my extended family for a tour of the majestic castle.

    Great dream. I have to say the games impact on my psyche reaches my inner subconscious mind.

    Not sure if you have such dreams?

    submitted by /u/Respectfulne55
    [link] [comments]

    To the asshole that cheap shotted me

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 01:27 AM PDT

    My first play through in dark souls and I'm finally starting to get it. I was trying to summon this guy to help me with a boss fight and you came up behind me and stabbed me in the back while I was fighting hollowed. You're a dick, and I'll get you back soon. I won't forget. Praise the sun, I hope you go hollowed.

    submitted by /u/erklekush
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment