• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 26, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on Velstadt solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls2/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I JUST DIED WHILE SITTING AT THE BONFIRE!

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 05:06 AM PDT

    I was in iron keep at the threshold bridge and I sat at the bonfire, but at the side where the item is with the hot platform.

    And I just sat on that platform and died, the menu for the bonfire and the you died messages were on the screen at the same time.

    submitted by /u/Bluefog12
    [link] [comments]

    This could not get any worse - > it got worse

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 06:45 AM PDT

    So i had just defeated the smelter deamon and started exploring ahead and got overwhelmed by the turtles and started runing back to the bonfire. When i turned around i realised the turtle had folowed me there so i backed upp into the boss room while locked on To the turtle. When i reached the boss room i thouht i could take it out there when suddenly i notice a giant sword that was about to impale me. I promptly shat My pants and started panic Rolling around to try and escape. I got away alive but i got trolled pretty Hard In the proses. Went to the bonfire, rested and clspped the persuer.

    Im on mobile and english is not My native tung ect ect.

    submitted by /u/Hahabigswordgoboom
    [link] [comments]

    Why doesn't armor matter?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 06:38 PM PDT

    I'm trying to figure out what's going on when people say that armor is just about fashion.

    When I look at the stats of a piece of armor, and I look at my character stats, it doesn't look like things add up.

    I was just in the gulch, and the red NPC hits a LOT harder when I had armor for poison resist.

    When people say armor doesn't matter, are they thinking about PvP, or really high levels of PvE (I'm at 103 for comparison)?

    Thank you for help, I've had this question about Souls games forever.

    submitted by /u/OldNeb
    [link] [comments]

    Arsenal of the Awful: Sorcerer's Twinblade

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 09:13 PM PDT

    After seeing most players gravitate towards the same small pile of weapons, i decided to do the clinically insane and try out E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G that Dark Souls 2 offers as weaponry, hopefully to see if what's considered bad is exaggerated, simply untested and judged by stats, or indeed trash with an analysis of the weapon along with field testing. Here is the first bottom tier weapon and you might be surprised at the results.

    Anyone whose so much as looked at the Sorcerer's Twinblade and its stats would immediately find it to be a bad joke of a weapon (and it used to somehow be worse too before a patch reduced its stat requirements). For reference, this weapon is SO weak that its total attack power is worse than just the BASE magic stat of a Dragonrider Twinblade (physical attack not included), has a thoroughly unimpressive 100 cast speed, and has shorter reach than other twinblades. So...wow, this weapon has literally nothing going for it. Right?

    Well, it turns out that slapping on a good old Great Magic Weapon and walking into the arena expecting to be stomped instead resulted in me going neck-to-neck with aura ranked bloodbros (the most tryhard of all tryhards), having close matches with a decent win rate...which shouldn't even be possible with this weapon's ass damage competing against meta weapons plus i'm not even good at PvP. But, it turns out that the Sorcerer's Twinblade has a few good qualities that are good enough to make me suspect that the terrible base damage is a balance trait, because it is a mixup monster.

    Because this weapon shreds through players, mobs, bosses, you name it thanks to being able to mix up several sorcereries with a 2-handed twinblade moveset that, quite surprisingly, does in fact have strong attacks (they're rerouted to L2, and even has a unique spin chain strong attack combo. Helicopter Man lives on!). An R1 shaves off 300-400 hp with the 4-hit twinblade combo, but since everyone always rolls away, it's the perfect opportunity to cast Soul Vortex, Soul Greatsword, Heavy Homing Soul Arrow, Homing Crystal Soulmass, or even Focus Souls up close but without much risk for either big roll punishes or at least chip damage. It can also do a neat R1 + L2 + L2 combo that, by virtue of literally no one probably seeing or knowing about the attacks, confuse the hell out of people. It's practically a hidden combo that for some reason dishes out numbers that shouldn't be possible with the Sorcerer's Twinblade's ass base damage, but the 120 counter rating and Great Magic Weapon might have a hand with that. Because, counter damage on casting weapons do apply to spells too which makes the sorceries actually deal fairly decent damage. The 1-handed rolling R1 is also very spammable and also can mix in sorceries with its R2.

    So with all of this in mind, the Sorcerer's Twinblade is unique for a spellcasting weapon since it retains the entire moveset of its weapon class while also being able to cast spells, and has a unique combo move to add to that. The massive volume of weak hits compensate for the lack of power of each of those hits. A lot of neat, surprisingly strong mixups are thus possible to extents that Blue Flame and Pilgrim's Spontoon wish they had, and the damage of the Sorcerer's Twinblade ends up surprisingly decent, albeit fairly buff reliant. Honestly, if this thing had even a mere 50 more base damage, it would be quite OP as no other weapon seems to reward creativity as much as this does. Also, don't powerstance it: the powerstanced L2 isn't worth the shitty illidan memes.

    Would highly recommend trying it, quite surprised to see that it's shockingly good for a weapon with trash base stats. Up next whenever i feel like it is the Ivory Straight Sword. God help me with that one.

    submitted by /u/Branded_Mango
    [link] [comments]

    Met museum medieval armour and weapons tour, skip to 37 mins to see an old friend

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 12:00 PM PDT

    Also I think it's Sargon of Akkad narrating, which is weird.

    https://youtu.be/YREAHLsqW78

    submitted by /u/dampine
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t get illusory walls to work.

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 01:25 PM PDT

    I'm a vet of the series but just started plays ds2 for the first time yesterday. I know that in order to open an illusory wall you need to press x (ps4) instead of attacking. Every time I encounter a wall which I know is fake I'll press x any number of times and not happens. I even went offline just to make sure blood stains and notes weren't getting in the way. What should I do?

    submitted by /u/SoleStraw
    [link] [comments]

    Where should i place my summon sign?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 12:40 PM PDT

    I wanna help some players but idk where to place my summon sign to help them

    submitted by /u/TrollGoat_Hs
    [link] [comments]

    [PS4] IM HERE TO HELP ANYONE! I HAVE 10 PROFILES ALL DIFFERENT SOUL MEMS...MY HIGHEST BEING 145MILL

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 07:37 AM PDT

    Final Boss fight NPC summons return if you die? (SOTFS)

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 02:05 PM PDT

    Question about NPC Summons for the Final Boss fight(s) (Throne Watcher and Throne Defender + Nashandra + Aldia)

    If i use all 3 NPC Summons for the Watcher/Defender fight, beat them but then subsequently die to Nashandra, do the NPC Summon signs disappear? Or are all still there when i respawn? (since i've technically beaten one boss, do they think their "job' is done?)

    Trying to see if it's worthwhile to summon all 3 NPCs for the first fight, if they disappear if i die fighting Nashandra or Aldia

    Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/Rowan94
    [link] [comments]

    Name-engraved Ring

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 10:14 AM PDT

    If I take off name-engraved ring after being summoned by a person outside my normal SMtier, does that mess anything up? Or do I just need the ring equippes up until the point I'm connected into the other player world?

    submitted by /u/zukowsij
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls 2: Pursuer edition

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 10:03 AM PDT

    Now I have heard many complaints about this game over the last years: combat feels floaty, agility is stupid, too many ganks, bosses are too easy, it is not clear where to go and so many more issues. But not once have I seen anyone talk about what is for me the biggest flaw of the game, the pursuer. I don't mean the pursuer itself, but the clear lack of pursuing that occurs in this game. Scholar tried to fix this by adding some more pursuer encounters in the game, but I don't feel that this is enough to justify his name. So today, I have decided to sit back and add some more pursuers all around Drangleic.

    Cathedral of blue: The first of the new pursuers (I don't think that Heide or the forest of fallen giants need more pursuer encounters), this guy would be located in the boss arena for the old dragonslayer and spawns only after you have defeated the dragonslayer and come back, like the one in Smelter's room.

    Lost Bastille: Yep enough pursuers here as it is.

    Huntsman´s copse: Would spawn in the bridge that you have to lower, in an attempt to stop the player from crossing it. This one would be a bit different from the others as when you run away it would disappear like the other mini-boss pursuers but it would appear once again if you try to approach the bridge. You can either kill it or just run past. Note: I don't know if the bridge is actually big enough for the pursuer, but making it wider shouldn't be too difficult.

    The areas of the pit: tomb of saints, gutter and black gulch: I cant think of any good enough place for the pursuer to be. Maybe at the bottom of the pit with all the wooden structures that connects the tomb and the gutter, but I'm not sure. However with all other paths to a great one having at least one pursuer, it feels a bit off for this one to have none.

    Brighstone cove Tseldora: from the first bonfire, continuing ahead until just before the path with the peasants and the boulders that eventually leads to prawling magus the pursuer appears once again to hunt us down. I justify this pursuer placement due to the closeness it has to the royal army campsite.

    Shrine of Winter: After the ramp there is a way to the right that leads to a pile of rubble that blocked the way (and of course the best way to avoid the debris was to kill 4 unbelievably strong beings and open the shrine of winter instead of climbing or jumping over it. I find this especially annoying when there is an npc in this game that is literally a laddersmith and could easily make us a small ladder for this, but oh well). The pursuer appears when we approach the loot that is present there.

    Shrine of Amana: I love the pursuers, but oh god no.

    Undead crypt: In the room were Agdayne is presnt, only appears the second time we pass through (or maybe only in ng+, idk). What a better place for an undead hunter to be than a place full of them?

    Aldia´s keep: I always felt like there should have been at least one pursuer here, maybe it's just because he seems related to the kind of stuff that Aldia liked to do, although as far as I know there are no direct connections between the pursuer and Aldia (also note that the pursuer is likely not a single entity but a group of knights that were given the task to hunt down undead to atone for their sins, whatever that means). Now this one would work a bit different from the rest as it would only appear if you are hollow. He would be located on the way to sorcerer Navlaan, right after passing the dragon skull, where one of the forlorn braziers is located.

    Any area that I didnt mention either didnt have a good place for the pursuer to be, didnt feel like it needed it or just had enough pursuing going on already. I didnt add anything to the dlc areas since I though it just didnt make much sense lorewise and all of them are good enough as they are. Please comment on any changes you would want to this, either more or less pursuing, and your general opinion on the pursuer.

    submitted by /u/Ulpianometereo
    [link] [comments]

    Yo the lost sinner is bulls**t

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 09:38 AM PDT

    I beat dark souls 1 with the dlc and I just don't get this boss, my camera doesn't lock on him, it just keeps slapping me to see another causing me to get hit and when it does it stops working after like 5 seconds

    I also can't see, I am using the bastard sword

    I just don't get it....to me it feels like I'm getting cheated

    submitted by /u/chickenoken-king
    [link] [comments]

    [PS4] W: 50 Human Effigies H: Most boss weapons, a decent collection and what not. Just ask.

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 12:59 PM PDT

    Soul memory is 5464241. Meet up anywhere with a red sign.

    submitted by /u/Joskzo
    [link] [comments]

    Semi-Friendly Invasions

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 04:10 PM PDT

    Am I the only one who goes after people just to give them a bit of a rough time and then leave.

    I'm always happy when the world host kills me. I feel like he's accomplished something good.

    submitted by /u/pickettsorchestra
    [link] [comments]

    i don't know what the fuck happened to that sorceress. but she couldn't get up

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 03:01 PM PDT

    at shrine of amana, i made death from above move to a sorceress. she didn't die but she couldn't get up either. i don't know what the fuck just happened. i edited the gameplay a bit. so there is the link...

    https://youtu.be/u7TqYQp3Q8M

    i was shitting at my pants while this happened. she just lie down there and won't get up...

    submitted by /u/ahmetfdemirel
    [link] [comments]

    I just got invaded in forest of fallen giants by someone with the simpletons ring

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 11:33 AM PDT

    Idk how you got through brume tower and still had the sm to be in my range, but you're a dick.

    submitted by /u/WhatABlake
    [link] [comments]

    armrorrr

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 11:14 AM PDT

    is the drangelic set a common armor or am i just lucky to find that accidentally? most of the armor i get are useless compared to the drangelic set

    submitted by /u/Luiz_Vx
    [link] [comments]

    What is the end goal of ds2

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 01:54 AM PDT

    I'm not very good at paying attention especially with games like these and when I do I don't really understand what's even happening. In dark souls 1 you link the flame. In dark souls 3 you link the flame. What do you do in dark souls 2.

    submitted by /u/Dieseldees73
    [link] [comments]

    [PS4] Why is dark weapon not working?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 10:32 AM PDT

    I can apply the buff to my dark lost sinner sword but it adds no AR.

    submitted by /u/l_Villain_l
    [link] [comments]

    broken builds pre-patch

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 10:26 AM PDT

    Just got an Xbox 360 to play the original version pre lightning spear nerf, but was curious as to what else was ridiculously broken? Mundane avelyn was a thing but never tried that, and have heard that santiers spear was borderline godly before being patched. Anything else to look out for weapon and build-wise? Obviously offline play, so I won't be bringing this to pvp, and thanks in advance for any info

    submitted by /u/PraiseTheOrbOfGas
    [link] [comments]

    Fume knight and sir alonne are the final boss fights I was expecting (and hoping for).

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    Now I don't mean as far as lore cuz obviously it doesn't make a ton of sense although you could tweak things a bit to make it work. What I mean is Nashandra and Aldia in SotFS are generally considered really easy bosses. For example I just beat them both on ng+8 in 1 or 2 tries without straining too much. I was expecting a pretty brutal boss fight to finish up the game the first time through and I feel like that's what the fume knight and sir alonne accomplish. They aren't annoying gank bosses but they are brutal to beat without feeling like you got hit with total bs. I felt so accomplished when I beat them both for the first time, probably more than any other boss in the entire game including DLCs. And even though I died countless times before figuring it out I never felt like I was being cheated. On top of that the more lore you learn about them they are some of the coolest characters in the game.

    TLDR: Fume knight and sir alonne are tough enough to provide the right end of game challenge while still being fair and having good lore.

    submitted by /u/therealslimpatty
    [link] [comments]

    I BOUGHT DS2

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 09:21 AM PDT

    Hello guys, I played back in 2011 the first dark souls, which I loved. Yesterday I bought the second chapter, scholar of the first sin edition. I choosed the magician class. What abilities should I level up in your opinion? I'm not going for PvPs. Just regular adventure. Thank you so much.

    submitted by /u/martinocorrias
    [link] [comments]

    Just a couple of PC Questions

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 08:50 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, I've played DS2 and Scholar on console, even beat OG on PC a couple days ago. I heard that your saves get transferred when you buy the Scholar edition on Steam if you already own Vanilla. Does this mean that I can transfer my saves manually, or does the transfer happen automatically when I install SOTFS?

    submitted by /u/emmetsbro821
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment