• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 27, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 Emerald Herald portrait

    Dark Souls 2 Emerald Herald portrait


    Emerald Herald portrait

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 05:30 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/ZbzQBkA

    A quick portrait study of the best waifu. Let me know what you think!

    More of my work here

    submitted by /u/GervantOfLiria
    [link] [comments]

    Arsenal of the Awful: Ivory Straight Sword

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 09:14 PM PDT

    Ah the Ivory Straight Sword...a weapon that's so incredibly, jaw-droppingly cool but so, so, SO full of jank and nonsense that makes no sense. Not the fun or broken kind of jank either, but the illogical and self-defeating kind.

    For those of you who aren't aware, the Ivory Straight Sword (fuck it, just going to call it the Ivory Sword) is essentially a lightsaber that you can get after putting down Aava, requiring a whopping 40 Dex to use...with no scaling whatsoever. Yep: that's right, this is a weapon with massive stat requirements yet it gets no actual benefit from said stats, being stuck at a static 252. It is compatible with RoB and Flynn rings, but it has ANOTHER piece of jank regarding its existence. The lightsaber effect is cool as hell and all, but eats 10 durability out of 250 PER SWING. Not even per hit, but per swing, meaning that even with Bracing Knuckle Ring +2, this thing has only 50 swings at max. It also has the most epic, anime-ass 2-handed R2 ever (this is some Fate/Stay Excalibur stuff), which does actually hit really hard...but has a comically long windup that's so long that your opponent can literally walk to the side during the windup and be safe.

    So this thing just sucks, right? Mostly. Unlike the Sorcerer's Twinblade, there really isn't any kind of special tech that can be used with the Ivory Sword to compensate for its many downsides. The closest thing to one is using the 2-handed R2 unlocked and manually aiming it for roll catching or (rather humorously) sniping from a distance since it does have long range...except that in itself is ludicrously difficult to do, prediction reliant, and prone to getting interrupted from how long it takes. However, something does click when you finally realize that this "sword" isn't a sword at all.

    It's a glorified fist weapon. The reason why there is no scaling and the durability eating lightsaber effect is because the lightsaber blade is actually a 2nd, separate attack, and the listed 252 damage is the damage of the hilt, which is a strike weapon with even less reach than a dagger. This essentially means that the best way to use this is to have the hilt and lightsaber hit together, both hitting for actually decent damage and making this the equivalent of a Starcraft zealot's psi blade: you hammer fist opponents and the blade just so happens to be a bonus.

    Buuuut...apparently Fromsoft thought that would be "good" in any way, so they gutted the ability to do close quarters fist fighting with this "sword" by giving it obnoxious stamina use per swing. You're genuinely better off Caestus or Bone Fist punching because you'll be able to land a lot more hits, and probably harder hitting ones too. Hell, you're better off using any actual straight sword since those will at least get some scaling off that 40 Dex and still have better reach then the lightsaber. From a PvP perspective, this thing is so bad that it actually seems to entertain opponents who stop fighting seriously for some emotes but still manage to kick your ass anyways. It's slow for a fist weapon. has no scaling, and a has a gimmick that is brimming with style but has no substance to back up said style in any way.

    The literal only use i can think of for this thing's existence is as a anti-armor PvE weapon for an Agaped Dex build whose probably using slash weapons. I mean...i guess it is technically really good for NG+ Iron Keep but having that tiny of a niche doesn't justify investing petrified bones into it. Aside from that, it might also be useful to have as a unorthodox ranged option with aimed 2-handed R2s, so if you're a Mirrah Greatsword build then you can cosplay as Saber complete with her Noble Phantasm. Except you'll probably never hit anyone so you better stick to being a NG+ co-op phantom.

    But, as strange as this may sound, the weapon is fun to play with even if you're probably never going to win against anyone whose not a complete noob. In the rare instances when the handle and blade actually hit (everyone reaction rolls away and the ass reach causes the handle to miss), it does hit respectably hard. Which is also why next up in the list of awful weapons to test out is the Scythe of the Forlorn, which is apparently a meme for how terrible it is despite its badass design but i have a trick up my sleeve with a secret reaper tech that i'll be sharing with you all once i try this thing out. Oh fuck me Limit Breaker's video on it does not give me hope.

    submitted by /u/Branded_Mango
    [link] [comments]

    Is that a dog?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 12:41 PM PDT

    I'm convinced the Royal Rat Authority is anything but a rat.

    submitted by /u/RangoTheMerc
    [link] [comments]

    Hacker getting owned

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 12:27 AM PDT

    A notorious ps4 hacker who decided to use insta-poison/climax but still got bled. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CkktaILfKEY

    submitted by /u/GrannySoupLadle
    [link] [comments]

    Velstadt’s dark secret

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 04:27 AM PDT

    Velstadt, The Royal Aegis, Vendrick's sworn bodyguard. How about one more title: Destroyer of Shulva.

    Before Velstadt came to Drangleic and became the Royal Aegis, he served under another in a far off land. Elana, Queen of Shulva, he served under her before the land was attacked and the city sunk into the ground. Like all citizens of Shulva, he knew of Sihn and possibly feared the great, slumbering dragon.

    However, at some unknown time, he left and found Vendrick. Time passed and the curse has sprouted in Drangleic. In the time that Velstadt served he told his king about Shulva, the king and queen and of course, the dragon.

    Vendrick, having discovered the cure for the curse in the uniting of the ancient crowns, sent Drakeblood Knights to Shulva with Captain Yorgh of Drangleic. He sent them under the guise of killing the dragon, but instructed them to kill the king and bring his crown back.

    The worshippers of dragon blood graciously accepted the task and set out for Shulva. Once in Shulva, the knights entered the Dragon's Sanctum and killed the king. Yorgh kept the crown on his person as he went to kill Sihn. When Yorgh stabbed his spear into the heart of Sihn, a terrible thing happened. Poison, sung into his heart by Elana, spread throughout Sihn's body and the dragon became enraged. He poisoned the entire city and caused the great city to sink underneath the earth, forever sealed off from the outside world.

    Perhaps some Drakeblood Knights managed to escape and told Vendrick of the child of darkness before they left, in search of The Nameless King.

    Evidence for this: Elana summons Velstadt in her fight, suggesting that she knew him. Shulva is a city of miracles and Velstadt's bell hammer serves as a catalyst and would have originally shot miracles but due to his prolonged time in the undead crypt, he fires hexes. Yorgh's ring can be found in the boss fight with Sihn, where you collect the crown. On the ring is a faded version of the Drangleic crest, showing that he is a warrior of Vendrick.

    submitted by /u/spicyginger123
    [link] [comments]

    Sunlight Medal farm in Harvest Valley.

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 09:47 PM PDT

    Holy shit this is bad. I had much more fun farming the covenant items in DS3. I don't understand what is up with From making offline farming such a pain in the ass. I love their games and genuinly like DS2, other than the enemy placements and some areas, but this. This farm is AWFUL. Not to mention the drop rates. I really hope they remove this system from Elden Ring.

    submitted by /u/RJSSJR123
    [link] [comments]

    Greatsword not ultra

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 09:13 AM PDT

    I´m going to make a "Garen" build, from League, so i´m thinking of using a greatsword, wich is the best? maybe zweihander or claymore but idk

    Pd: not interested in ultra GS becouse those are so slow

    Ty for ur time :D

    submitted by /u/Regnid2
    [link] [comments]

    Can't seem to beat dragon rider, any tips?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 10:17 AM PDT

    Their attacks are so varied and fast, not giving much of a tell as to where they are going to swing. I cant seem to beat this fella, reminds me of pinwheel. Just so brutally hard

    submitted by /u/tayzzerlordling
    [link] [comments]

    Soul farming in mid to late game

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 12:12 PM PDT

    Where can I farm lot's of souls mid to late game? Most of what I find takes place in the giants memory, and I need some souls to progress.

    submitted by /u/Songfultomcat87
    [link] [comments]

    Dogs are the absolute worst

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 07:39 AM PDT

    Dark souls 2 dogs are the absolute worst in the whole series. I've had no problems in the past with the other games but when it comes to DS2 I just wanna go kill myself.

    submitted by /u/Killingspr33342
    [link] [comments]

    Don’t usually questions to do with progress but how the hell do I find belfry Luna it seems like it doesn’t exist but my friend told me it was in gank palace

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 11:02 AM PDT

    The place where it was in

    submitted by /u/chickenoken-king
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls 2 frigid district gave me a horse nightmare

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 05:03 AM PDT

    I dreamt of a pack of horses 1 had red eyes and a zombie look he was their leader they atacked us then we made freinds i rode him and he made weird noises me and the other people got atacked by lizard things that had lightning dragon on top of their healthbar despite them breathing fire... the dream was very obscure but that red eye horse still makes me feel uncomfrotble ..

    He called his pack wich all of a sudden turned to unicorn horses that breathed lightning and ganked and destroyed the dragons saving 'us' idk who us is but i had people with me i think the dream ended with the pack leader red eye horse ramming into me after he threw me off

    submitted by /u/Subarukun_is_love123
    [link] [comments]

    Meeting the old dragonslayer was such a pleasant surprise!

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 01:27 PM PDT

    brought up a lot of good memories (and a bit of memory of frustration too if I'm being honest lol)

    submitted by /u/tayzzerlordling
    [link] [comments]

    SPOILERS Question about the ending area.

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 09:38 AM PDT

    Beat DS2 SOTFS last night (fuck the old iron king) and had a question about the ending. Unsure if there are other endings, but I ascended to the Throne of Want and apparently rekindled the first flame? Can anyone explain how that happens? Don't I need to actually be at the first flame to do that? Just confused since I know Lordran and Drangleic are two different areas

    submitted by /u/Paratrooper101x
    [link] [comments]

    Should I reset my Build?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I've been wondering if I should reset my build or not.

    In all souls games I mostly just randomly upgrade my stats to what I think seems good.

    I've only recently understood builds while I platted Bloodborne and DS1 (Sekiro too but no build building there)

    I'm in the progress of platting DS2 right now while I haven't played it before and this game has a lot of tomfoolery for you in store.

    So maybe resetting my build and allocating my souls to stats correctly will help me a bit.

    I run a STR Build with the following stats:

    VGR 21 END 32 VIT 25 ATN 6 STR 60 DEX 24 ADP 20 INT 8 FTH 6

    I'm on mobile so format is a bit fucked up

    Much thanks!

    Asura.

    submitted by /u/Asura707
    [link] [comments]

    Tropictoxic playthrough

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 10:38 AM PDT

    Need help decieding on a build for my playthrough on YT

    submitted by /u/tropicalbongz
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls 2 statue bonfire

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 05:38 AM PDT

    I'm going through my first playthrough of DS2 (the original PS3 version not SoTS) and there is a statue in front of a bonfire. How do I get rid of it ?

    submitted by /u/Markath_Guard
    [link] [comments]

    Summon sign

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 09:06 AM PDT

    Can anyone please put a summon sign in the ironhearth hall bonfire hallway? I need help getting to the next bonfire and I took the small item path way for all those items already, please it's a sotfs ps4 run so please help! My username is ShinyTrayaurus

    submitted by /u/Skypanther60
    [link] [comments]

    Guys I have doubt here.

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 08:50 AM PDT

    I was reading this wiki: https://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Earthen+Peak

    It mentioned there is a estus flask shard near pharros' contraption at earthen peak. But I remember when I was there I didn't find any shard over there. Am I missing something? Or is there a bug in the game or they just removed it in SOFT?

    submitted by /u/sanketvaria29
    [link] [comments]

    how do I stop the clockwork stuff at earthen whatever place?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 08:45 AM PDT

    I was watching a youtube video on darksouls 2 and I noticed that the windmill and all the mechanics where stopped at earthen peak. Plus there was a ground instead of poison path near that poisonous gas area above a woman keeps shooting firballs then there are 2 poisonous mushroom near stairs. near the boss Slayer of covetus. Anyways the whole machines, gears and stuff in my game is spinning and I saw on the video it was stopped. How do I make it stop? I simply want to stop it because I hate that noise is little distracting. Plus it feels like I haven't unlocked and accomplished something. I am not sure if the windmill was burned. Seemed pretty intact to me btw.

    submitted by /u/sanketvaria29
    [link] [comments]

    Is Silver Serpent Ring +1 op?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 08:40 AM PDT

    Obviously super easy to get early on, the ring can grant you a huge amount of souls over the rest of the run. Especially if you grind out one or two item drops, die a few times and all. Only downside (if you don't wanna do PVP of course) is that it takes up one ring slot and weighs a slight bit. And I honestly feel like after a certain point the run becomes a bit too easy with it. Debating on whether I should wear it on my first CoC run or not.

    What do y'all think? Oh and if you have thoughts on the Tseldora set, drop them too cuz it falls into a similar spot

    submitted by /u/hanfhaxe
    [link] [comments]

    Just lost my 600 hour SoTS save file on xbox

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 08:35 AM PDT

    Don't know why or how but it's truly strange. If I go to manage game than it recognizes the fact that I've played the game and posses a previous save. however, if i actually start up the game than it acts as if I've never played it, and my only option being to start a new game. I've already started a new character with the goal of getting back to where my previous character was (Ng+ 8 and level 302. Despite that, I still like to reclaim what was lost so does anyone know a potential solution to my problem?

    submitted by /u/DrDeppression
    [link] [comments]

    Who killed Sir Alonne?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    So at first I thought it was us, the Bearer of the Curse, who kills Sir Alonne but then I saw Vaati's video and according to him it was the Old Iron King who killed Alonne because it's the memory of the former but that doesn't add up for me because we also enter the memory of Jeigh, one of the fallen Giants and kill the Giant Lord. Hence in the same way, it should be Jeigh who kills the Giant Lord but it can't be because Jeigh is one of the giants AND the Giant Lord recognises the player character when we fight him as The Last Giant.

    submitted by /u/Quantam-Law
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment