• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 5, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Frigid Outskirts.

    Summoned into a gank squad on the Iron Keep Bridge? Died to Fume Knight for the 100th time? Think you're getting boned by SOTFS?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Mod Team update and New Mod Drive

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    Hey everyone. Due to some irreconcilable disagreements and some inappropriate actions by moderators, several members of our mod team across this and our sister communities, have been removed or have left recently.

    We believe the communities should continue to be inclusive places under the guidelines that have made it successful. The actions taken by a handful of former moderators did not reflect the community's views or best interests. If their actions seem to reflect the majority view of the moderation team here we are sorry for that and that is why dismissals from the mod team have been made and why we are seeking to refresh the moderation team with moderators that the community can trust.

    Our mod team will be committed to keeping these standards from this point onward.

    If interested, please fill out the form at this link and we'll get back to candidates after we've had a few days to review applications.

    Thank you for reading.

    submitted by /u/street_ronin
    [link] [comments]

    FUCK THE FUME KNIGHT

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 10:36 PM PDT

    He dead, tho.

    submitted by /u/Schub21
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Lucatiel achievement like the Moonlight Greatsword achievement?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 10:23 AM PDT

    Confusing question until you put it into context. I know that you can earn the Moonlight Greatsword achievement by using a bonfire ascetic to get the pale drake soul and trade that for the moonlight great sword. You don't actually have to do Benhart of Jugo's quest at all. Is Lucatiel the same? Can I just kill her, buy her sword from the merchant, and get the achievement?

    submitted by /u/Kajex13
    [link] [comments]

    Day 13 of my first playthrough of this game: Thawed-out Eleum Loyce, Burnt Ivory King, and a cutscene with a very confusing lore implication and gameplay consequence.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 10:09 AM PDT

    So it seems that my journey is near an end. I have completed the base game, and also obtained all three Crowns from the three DLCs. Before I write a post reviewing the entirety of the game, though, here's my opinion on the final few things I did today, plus a few questions.

    1. I went back to Eleum Loyce to search for the Loyce Knights, now that the winds had subsided. I discovered a few new places within the city, but they mostly just served to reinforce my hatred of the dogs and Ice Porcupines in this game. I especially hate the absurd amount of damage that the Porcupines deal when simply rolling into you. But, anyway, I found the two remaining Knights (I'd already found one yesterday) and returned to the Grand Cathedral to put an end to the Ivory King's life, once and for all.

    2. The Burnt Ivory King. The harder part of this fight for me is definitely the first one, in which you have to fight multiple Charred Loyce Knights at once. There were four on my side too, yes, but I was honestly surprised at how persistently they (the Charred ones) were attacking me, instead of the guys that were actually dealing damage to them. I did, however, like the fact that, at regular intervals, one of my Knights will sacrifice himself by freezing a portal to stop anymore from spawning. That was a cool mechanic. But onto the actual battle. This proves to me beyond doubt that From Software saved the best (and, apparently, the worst, too, from what I've heard) bosses for the DLCs. BIK has a really cool entrance, and a great fight as well. He's fast, but not so much that it becomes unmanageable, he's got a varied moveset, his design is cool, and the surrounding area looks great, too. And after looking at some of his lore, I have even more respect for this guy. Four deaths to him, so not extremely challenging, but still one of the best bosses in this game.

    3. After the fight, I took the Crown to complete the small collection. I then planned to mop up some remaining stuff (discovering covenants for the trophies, estus flask shards, sublime bone dusts, that kind of thing). But first, I had something in mind. I was told that, within the Shrine of Amana, I would find the Soul, and the armour, of King Vendrick himself. So off I went, and collected the gear. After this, I thought I may as well go and have a nice chat with the man himself. I went there, and after some time, a cutscene played in which the King's Crown started radiating some light... and then it ended. Baffled by what exactly happened, I looked it up. Apparently, wearing the Crown prevents you from ever losing your human form and going Hollow, even upon death. I tested it, and found this to be true. But this is very surprising.

    4. Because wasn't one of the major plot points of the game the fact that Vendrick wasn't able to effectively combat the Undead Curse? He did all he could, but when everything failed, he ran away through the King's Passage, and chose to rot away as a Hollow in the Undead Crypt. We can infer this from multiple item descriptions. And yet, interacting with him after having the Crowns resulted in us being free from it all! How does this make sense? Someone help me understand this, please, because I haven't the faintest idea.

    5. Well, after all that confusion, I went to do everything else I'd planned; found the shards, the bone dusts, discovered the covenants, one or two remaining NPCs etc. Is there anything you can think of, though, that new players are likely to miss? Any boss fight, any optional area (however minor), something like that? (Except for the following: Iron Passage, Frigid Outskirts, and Cave of the Dead. I'm not going to do those)

    That's all for this post, and, possibly, my first playthrough. In a day or two, I'll probably write a post regarding my overall thoughts on this game, and how it compares to the rest of the series. Have a great day.

    submitted by /u/Riceifyouwould
    [link] [comments]

    Nashandra and Aldia are jokes

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 11:45 AM PDT

    I beat Dark Souls 2 SotFS for the first time today and felt a little weird in the end. Nashandra and Aldia were so easy to fight or at least it felt that way. Especially after fighting all these hard and cool DLC bosses. Nashandra and Aldia kinda let me down as final bosses. But maybe it's just me. How do you guys feel about them?

    submitted by /u/Sticcer
    [link] [comments]

    Should I level Strength to 50?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 05:42 AM PDT

    I am currently rocking a strength build with a +10 greatsword at over 40 str should I level strength even further, if so by how much.

    submitted by /u/fffff159
    [link] [comments]

    I beat the smelter demon!

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 06:41 PM PDT

    I have spent the last 6 fucking hours being killed by the run to and by the shelter demon, and I just fucking beat it, poison for the win, I DID ITTTT!

    submitted by /u/orbvulture1234
    [link] [comments]

    Is scholar of the first sin a separate thing from DS2?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 02:22 PM PDT

    I've heard original DS2 is better. True or false?

    submitted by /u/mox88101
    [link] [comments]

    Do people still play pvp in this game

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 02:18 PM PDT

    I play black armour edtion on PC (no softs)

    submitted by /u/GeomadTheBlackKnight
    [link] [comments]

    Multiplayer not working!

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 01:57 PM PDT

    I'm playing the normal edition, on ps3. For some reason I can't invade or coop. Messages still appear, but when I leave a summon sign nobody responds, and when I try to invade it says there aren't any worlds to invade. Pls help

    submitted by /u/InfamousGhost07
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have tips for beating the ruin sentinels

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 09:53 AM PDT

    I'm playing the original version and am having troubles, any tips?

    submitted by /u/BP_UncleDeath
    [link] [comments]

    Am I the only one that smacked the rat king thinking its a normal rat?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 07:39 AM PDT

    Two times I've met this guy and both times I hit him twice before he started talking LOL

    Then I was like oops, my bad.

    submitted by /u/RoymarLenn
    [link] [comments]

    So you can "deflect??" the bombs the bell keepers throw at you?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 05:53 AM PDT

    I'm pretty sure I saw it happen but it makes no sense so I want to ask if I saw it right: I was in the belfry sol and one of the grey little dudes threw a fire bomb at me. I was swinging my red iron winblade around, and suddenly I see the bomb that was flying at me, being "deflected" and sent back towards the little grey dude. Just from being attacked, I did not parry or anything.

    Was I high or something or is this an actual mechanic, and if so, can you do this with some other stuff?

    submitted by /u/TastySet8
    [link] [comments]

    DS2 Genocide run latenight stream

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 01:11 PM PDT

    Bit latenight killing. Join if you like.

    http://www.twitch.tv/armady1

    submitted by /u/Sgt_Thorag
    [link] [comments]

    Pate's Gear

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 12:52 PM PDT

    I already defeated the last giant but, can I use a Bonfire Ascetic to fight the boss again and obtain the armor the second time I find Pate?

    Edit: nvm I watched a video and I prefer Creightons armor. Help he doesn't appears on the entrance to the fog forest, where he could be?

    submitted by /u/AnotherFuckingWeeb_
    [link] [comments]

    Any big changes for the dlc areas and bosses in new game plus?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 12:43 PM PDT

    On the wiki it says the dlc areas change in new game plus 2 and upwards and I'm going into my second cycle so I was wondering any big changes other than the normal harder enemies?

    submitted by /u/Whyusertakenlied
    [link] [comments]

    Does going offline count as a force-quit?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 12:41 PM PDT

    Hey short question here I just wanted to know whether the game recognises going offline as force-quiting during an invasion? I mean, do you get marked as the people who turn off their consoles and stuff.

    submitted by /u/circuralnugget
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone please leave a summon sign at lowermost floor brume tower?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    Ellie sucks and I always get to the last bit of health before dying Edit: ps3 Edit 2: soul level is 2,256,660 Edit 3: nvm just beat him

    submitted by /u/notebook36
    [link] [comments]

    I want to kill myself

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 12:25 PM PDT

    So I started NG++ so I could get the spells that the ghost dude gives you at drangleic castle, I was waiting for my trophys and platinum, but I didn't get the Pyro trophy, so I started to look at my Pyro spells to see if everything was there... But, I just realized that I don't have Outcry anymore. I got It in NG+ (Hard as fuck) but It seems that it disappears after you start New Game.

    ¿Why? ¿Why is this game so trash?

    I watched like 3 different guides and NONE OF THEM said that I should not begin a New Game after getting Outcry... And im not doing all that again bro, it's just too much, I can't take it.

    Just wanted to share this with you guys. If any of you have the platinum of Dark Souls 2, you have my respect.

    submitted by /u/The_Masochist_
    [link] [comments]

    Never realized how stupid this is.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 06:26 AM PDT

    The utter lack of petrified dragon bones. It's dumb. There's only like 40 per playthrough with no very efficient farming method except for dragon aerie, aldia's keep, and lair of the imperfect. But all of those places suck ass and it wouldn't surprise me if most players never knew you could get petrified dragon bones to drop there. And considering there's like 40 bosses in this game, most with their own souls, and some that drop more than 1 in NG+, it makes 0 sense that you only get to use like 2 boss weapons per playthrough. Don't get me wrong, I love this game to death, but it's just so annoying.

    submitted by /u/Gnomologist
    [link] [comments]

    Dark crypt blacksword love post

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 12:16 PM PDT

    I'm constantly trying new weapons and anytime I reach a boss I can't kill I go back to this guy. I'm just starting eleum loyce and wanted to get the flame weapon spell before going in. Tried 5 times using black knight greatsword to kill lost sinner. Went in with dark weapon on the cbs, did nearly 800 dmg. One shot the phantoms. My love for this sword is endless.

    submitted by /u/Sunbrojesus
    [link] [comments]

    I need help with sunken king dlc bosses, soul level 3m

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 11:59 AM PDT

    I've cleared out most of the area to the grave robber 😅 I'd appreciate some tips or some co-op! I'll remove this post in a while if the mods see it as low quality

    submitted by /u/whoisthisman69
    [link] [comments]

    Ng7 loyce soul farm

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 05:27 AM PDT

    Anyone got any tips for farming loyce souls on ng7, it has been a pain and want to know what's the fastest way to do it

    submitted by /u/Punyr
    [link] [comments]

    Way of the Blue?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 11:07 AM PDT

    I recently started Ds2, 9 hours of playtime (mostly goofing off, or just getting lost). I killed the guy in front of the counter in Majula, and from the wiki, it says I need to talk to the Crestfallen, and finish his dialogue to join. Is there a chance that I may have killed that guy? And if yes, any other ways to join?

    submitted by /u/InfamousGhost07
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck in undead crypt

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 06:43 AM PDT

    So I beat velstadt grabbed the kings ring and used a homeward bone to go level up. When I came back I explored that hallway u go down to get to velstadt I pulled a lever and lit something with my torch all of sudden a red spirit popped up so I killed it. Now when I go to walk down the stairs that lead to the hallway their is no stairs and I fall to my death. What did I do?

    submitted by /u/rioizcool69
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment